Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York (54457 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by christejames(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
I been dey wait you for Uromi junction think say you fit drive pass not knowing say you don land already... I dey vex!

15 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YorubaNinja: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
Visman:

Guy connect me naw, how do i make it to the US?

From your house, take a bike to bus stop. From the Bus stop, take a bus to Oshodi, cross go other side then, take another bus going to Ikeja-Along all the way to the airport. From the airport, board a keke marwa going to Cotonou. When you reach Cotonou, take a ferry going to Port-Novo.

To be continued... cool

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by kingsceedon(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
CUMIN:
Apart from the economy and organized environment...I like my naija die

Go to hell

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
Cousin9999:

Don't hate, don't hate. What if your daughter falls in love with a Jamaican? What if you have a bunch of half Jamaican grandbabies?
Bros the benins re not better than an average Jamaican . In fact Benin re worse , charm , arms and ammunition etc re the weapons used to stop anyone progressing more than them .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by sugah: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
ramatuoyiza:
but mostly I see greyhound buses on movies.. Aint thr services good?
Well, sort of.

I've used greyhound twice. First time was uneventful from Orlando to Atlanta Night bus so I slept all the way.
Second time the bus smelled of piss (from the toilet) and it wasn't pleasant at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tapout(m): 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Bronx, NY. This place is a ghetto menh. It reminds me of Oshodin.
As you can see there are piles of dirt on the road

The dirt is even nicer than the dirt here.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by mountmoriah(m): 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
Nice thread OP

Meanwhile I sell Hardwood for house roofing check my signature
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by nyerovwo04: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Just like making a stop at Okene when traveling to Abuja by road or stopping at Ughelli when traveling to Portharcourt, we made a quick stop at Springfield, Massachusetts for 20mins
u be dead lolz as u mention ughelli n portharcourt road i know say u b full naija everywhere gud�bad guys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by seborrhic: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Harford, Connecticut
That bridge looks like Eko bridge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by kingsceedon(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Bronx, NY. This place is a ghetto menh. It reminds me of Oshodin.
As you can see there are piles of dirt on the road

But the place still looks much more better than the so called capital city Abuja, E just be like say make I fellow you dey cruse for that area ooo, but I know say God go pick up my calls someday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by OmoNla99: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
[quote author=Tourist123 post=104489180]Good morning view from my Airbnb [

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by BigBashiru: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I live in one of the New England states in America. One of the intriguing things about these states is the naming of the cities and town. A vast majority of the towns are named after England.
You gonna see names like New Hampshire, Manchester, New London etc

England no get land mass or resources....so they relied on colonization not to become poor. New England means, using colonial means, we will create a new England by colonizing the red indians and performing a cultural genocide of the natives and "forced assimilation" (google it) of the natives.

it was English colonists that named the towns after names of towns in England against the will of the aboriginal and Indian natives similar to how luggard named Nigeria Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Newborn27(f): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Poverty in America is real. The guy in the green mark is hawking a t shirt, Yeah Hawking. As you can see there is street trading everywhere

Happy birthday and safe journey bro

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by 1onebigman(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I made some nice Sharwama before leaving the house.. please come and join me
I never chop this morning abeg,no come mk me de swallow saliva

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Mekenz(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
Nice environment, a society where things work.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YorubaNinja: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
Broveens42:
Even if you give me free house for New York, I no go stay undecided

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
donforeign:

Oga shut up e...
I go tear ur head na just normal talk wey everybody dey talk for 9ja, Dem dey carry tear persn head.. una no fit different joke...
Which tribe u be make I also tell u una own..
Crap
Shut your brother up for using inappropriate words at an old man old enough to birth him . I was born in Lagos and never grew up to hear that filthy word tear your head . Na cult slang be that , responsible guys don't use that word

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by doubleE70: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
wow enjoy ur life bro .. congrats

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by 1onebigman(m): 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I made some nice Sharwama before leaving the house.. please come and join me
I never chop this morning abeg,no come mk me de swallow saliva undecided kiss
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
donforeign:

Big lie...
Because you get yeye neighbor no mean say na so everybody be . Just d way anther persn go still criticize you for another person..
Just like una dey tear there head Italy bah . Or I criticize them for that wan too ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by OhiOfIhima: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
ramatuoyiza:
Okene is a major route to all states

All correct Inya.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by felixnkubi: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
most of this pictures get as im be o, they don't look like the America I imagine of, looks like Ikeja or mainland to me... OP you sure say no be naija you still dey

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by psucc(m): 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
Na when you chop belleful na im you go go tourism. For naija, na food first.

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by lkillbrokehoes: 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2021
Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Botking: 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2021
Where's the op
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
zolajpower:

Shut your brother up for using inappropriate words at an old man old enough to birth him . I was born in Lagos and never grew up to hear that filthy word tear your head . Na cult slang be that , responsible guys don't use that word
you’re just so ignorant. That guy is in his mid 30s. He dyed his hair and beards. About the comment of fighting him, I meant a verbal fight. I’m too civilized to go physical with anybody

25 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Cnach: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
CUMIN:
Apart from the economy and organized environment...I like my naija die
U get choice?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Odoogu(m): 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I’m very disappointed with the wifi services in the bus. This is my first time using this company called greyhound and I’m already regretting it.
It’s a 7 hrs journey and the bus has no wifi

But them tell you say e get wi-fi shey?

Bros, na naija you still dey cheesycheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by seunny4lif(m): 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
9hrs and no WiFi ?
Hell no grin

Munich motor park has everything to buy.
How come the bus station no get where to buy things like chargers and ear phones?
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Bahamas95(m): 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
Judging by what I have heard about New York I don't think I can live there just like I can't live in Lagos.......I hate stress.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Truvelisback(m): 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
A Nairalander is in Ablood grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by gulfer: 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Just like making a stop at Okene when traveling to Abuja by road or stopping at Ughelli when traveling to Portharcourt, we made a quick stop at Springfield, Massachusetts for 20mins
Guy, no try any roadside stop like that for Nigeria o or else an money to pay your ransom we go dey look for grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

7 Places You Must Visit As An Adult In Your Lifetime! / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.