Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

I Want To Go To Cameroon - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Go To Cameroon (3135 Views)

MY JOURNEY TO Cameroon:the Part Of The Country Fighting For Secession Like Igbos / Three University of Taraba Students Killed By Tree During Excursion To Cameroon / Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Go To Cameroon by drake99: 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2021
i want to enter Cameroon through cross river, anybody with any experience? what's the cost and requirements?

thank you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by veneza(f): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2021
It's complicated borders are officially close,and through Uyo is River and you will pay custom and police heavily just take flight 150k
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by collarfreak(m): 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2021
Which part of the cross-river are you? Anywhere you are, find your way to ikom which is very close to ogoja and a 2hrs drive from Abakaliki.
When you get to ikom, take a bike or a vehicle to ekok which is the Cameroon border though you might settle Nigeria soldiers at any given point before getting to Nigeria/Cameroon border not more than 500naira so you can budget 2k for the settlement. When you get to the border there is just one way to cut our immigration is via boat to cross you because the river is what separates Nigeria and Cameroon but you would have to pay for the boat but very cheap. But if you have your passport and the genuine reason going there, pass through our immigration gate just that you would have to tip them to allow you. N.B there are bad guys at the Nigeria border impersonating immigration once they see you are going for the first time, they would request for your passport and demand for money from you, and if you give at your own risk. you need to be sharp, don't form ajebo, and be observant instead be ready to waste money. Once you find your way to Ekok(Cameroon border) allow the Cameroon immigration to stamp your passport for you which comes with fees because all uniform men in Cameroon are also more corrupt than Nigerians. It is very important you get your passport stamp to avoid their police and control on the highway demanding money from you by seizing your passport. Once your passport is stamped, take a bike to the park still trekable though and when you get to the back you can change your naira to the franc and enter any vehicle going to your destination.
If you have any more questions you can ask me

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by veneza(f): 6:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
collarfreak:
Which part of the cross-river are you? Anywhere you are, find your way to ikom which is very close to ogoja and a 2hrs drive from Abakaliki.
When you get to ikom, take a bike or a vehicle to ekok which is the Cameroon border though you might settle Nigeria soldiers at any given point before getting to Nigeria/Cameroon border not more than 500naira so you can budget 2k for the settlement. When you get to the border there is just one way to cut our immigration is via boat to cross you because the river is what separates Nigeria and Cameroon but you would have to pay for the boat but very cheap. But if you have your passport and the genuine reason going there, pass through our immigration gate just that you would have to tip them to allow you. N.B there are bad guys at the Nigeria border impersonating immigration once they see you are going for the first time, they would request for your passport and demand for money from you, and if you give at your own risk. you need to be sharp, don't form ajebo, and be observant instead be ready to waste money. Once you find your way to Ekok(Cameroon border) allow the Cameroon immigration to stamp your passport for you which comes with fees because all uniform men in Cameroon are also more corrupt than Nigerians. It is very important you get your passport stamp to avoid their police and control on the highway demanding money from you by seizing your passport. Once your passport is stamped, take a bike to the park still trekable though and when you get to the back you can change your naira to the franc and enter any vehicle going to your destination.
Are you in cross river ,have you by chance taken that route.
In summary what's the budget for the trip.
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by collarfreak(m): 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
veneza:

I am based here in Abuja but I travelled through the route last year in December to yaounde in Cameroon. Cameroon border was closed during my visit but the Nigeria border was opened. Though I did not experience issues with Nigeria immigration just have to give 2k in two places making 4k and I was allowed to cross.
I was dumped at Ikom because I was thinking getting to the border was far and I paid 30k to a cross river-based but Cameroonian man to cross me and it was on the road I discovered where he collected 30k for is just 5mins drive from where I was picked and he didn't even cross me because he left me and I have to face Nigeria immigration myself with my invitation letter. Never make such a mistake.

My passport was not stamped by Cameroon immigration because their border was still closed and I was told that we are going to face hell on our way because the Cameroon police gonna disturb us rather if we have ample cash to settle them. We were told we are going to meet 16 police checkpoints from Ekok to Daoula(economic state) and 14 police checkpoints from Ekok to Bamenda and the least each control would demand would-be 25thousand franc - 35thousand franc which is approximately at least 25k would be spent at each control and it was the time crisis was happening in Cameroon.
After calculating what we have left we concluded passing through Bamenda to reduce the number of control checking points. We had to pass the night at Ekok because it was late before we got to the border and the hotel per night was 6thousandfranc(6k Nigeria money)

We proceeded early morning at exactly 5 am and we were charged 10-15thousand franc to Bamenda and the journey took almost 5hours but the roads are good but corners and hills were much on the road.

Once we approach any checkpoint, the driver would ask us to come down of the car and submit our passport and he would be the one to hand over our passport to the police and police would come to check our face if it tallies with a picture on the passport. We were asked to scatter our luggage and thoroughly checked and the money would be demanded and the driver would tell us to arrange a 25thousand franc on the ground whenever we are approaching any checkpoint. Cameroon citizens inside the vehicle would also come down of the car and they would show their national I.d card before they can be permitted to proceed.
Before we got to Bamenda, the money on us got finished because some police delayed us and increased the fees because they feel we are from Nigerians and we have money. Though the driver really helped us at a point
There was this last police checkpoint in conjunction with controls and army, we were supposed to pay them separating and our money got finished and we could not settle the last one, we had to collect the account number of the army that we are going to transfer money to him as soon as we get to Bamenda because they make use of momo agent in Cameroon. The driver stood by us to achieve this before they could release our passports to us.

Cameroon police and army are more corrupt than Nigeria police because their uniform men collect money opening they don't care who you are. At any checkpoint, Cameroon citizen would park their cars and go into where their boss who will be sitting under the tree to pay a fee before proceeding. The only thing about Cameroon uniform men is that they are young boys and girls, very hard to see old people in the service compare with Nigeria. They are all fine boys Asif handsomeness is part of the selection criteria. Their uniform is dope and looking good because the Cameroon government pays them well.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by collarfreak(m): 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2021
You can message me on collarfreak1234@gmail.com for more info about Cameroon

veneza:

Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by veneza(f): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
collarfreak:

I am based here in Abuja but I travelled through the route last year in December to yaounde in Cameroon. Cameroon border was closed during my visit but the Nigeria border was opened. Though I did not experience issues with Nigeria immigration just have to give 2k in two places making 4k and I was allowed to cross.
I was dumped at Ikom because I was thinking getting to the border was far and I paid 30k to a cross river-based but Cameroonian man to cross me and it was on the road I discovered where he collected 30k for is just 5mins drive from where I was picked and he didn't even cross me because he left me and I have to face Nigeria immigration myself with my invitation letter. Never make such a mistake.

My passport was not stamped by Cameroon immigration because their border was still closed and I was told that we are going to face hell on our way because the Cameroon police gonna disturb us rather if we have ample cash to settle them. We were told we are going to meet 16 police checkpoints from Ekok to Daoula(economic state) and 14 police checkpoints from Ekok to Bamenda and the least each control would demand would-be 25thousand franc - 35thousand franc which is approximately at least 25k would be spent at each control and it was the time crisis was happening in Cameroon.
After calculating what we have left we concluded passing through Bamenda to reduce the number of control checking points. We had to pass the night at Ekok because it was late before we got to the border and the hotel per night was 6thousandfranc(6k Nigeria money)

We proceeded early morning at exactly 5 am and we were charged 10-15thousand franc to Bamenda and the journey took almost 5hours but the roads are good but corners and hills were much on the road.

Once we approach any checkpoint, the driver would ask us to come down of the car and submit our passport and he would be the one to hand over our passport to the police and police would come to check our face if it tallies with a picture on the passport. We were asked to scatter our luggage and thoroughly checked and the money would be demanded and the driver would tell us to arrange a 25thousand franc on the ground whenever we are approaching any checkpoint. Cameroon citizens inside the vehicle would also come down of the car and they would show their national I.d card before they can be permitted to proceed.
Before we got to Bamenda, the money on us got finished because some police delayed us and increased the fees because they feel we are from Nigerians and we have money. Though the driver really helped us at a point
There was this last police checkpoint in conjunction with controls and army, we were supposed to pay them separating and our money got finished and we could not settle the last one, we had to collect the account number of the army that we are going to transfer money to him as soon as we get to Bamenda because they make use of momo agent in Cameroon. The driver stood by us to achieve this before they could release our passports to us.

Cameroon police and army are more corrupt than Nigeria police because their uniform men collect money opening they don't care who you are. At any checkpoint, Cameroon citizen would park their cars and go into where their boss who will be sitting under the tree to pay a fee before proceeding. The only thing about Cameroon uniform men is that they are young boys and girls, very hard to see old people in the service compare with Nigeria. They are all fine boys Asif handsomeness is part of the selection criteria. Their uniform is dope and looking good because the Cameroon government pays them well.

In the end you paid heavily,so I just feel flight is more convenient.
Have you by chance stayed over there

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by collarfreak(m): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2021
veneza:

In the end you paid heavily,so I just feel flight is more convenient.
Have you by chance stayed over there

I stayed in Yaounde (cameroon) for 4months become coming back to Abuja.. because I paid heavily i followed another exist route which is through Yola back to Nigeria. I have general experience

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by drake99: 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
collarfreak:

great experience, please is Cameroon worth living in?
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by MERCHANDISER: 2:13am On Sep 05, 2021
drake99:
Abidjan is better and more developed. However Cameroon is more organized than 9ja

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by Marimart: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2021
collarfreak:

I stayed in Yaounde (cameroon) for 4months become coming back to Abuja.. because I paid heavily i followed another exist route which is through Yola back to Nigeria. I have general experience
How is life over there,job wise, business wise , accomodation,weather , economy,and their ladies?
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by collarfreak(m): 1:10am On Sep 18, 2021
drake99:

Yes
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by Fuzoma(m): 2:03am On Sep 18, 2021
collarfreak:

Yes
@Colarfreak I was blessed by all your detailed infos. Thank you. Even though I am not op or I don't need this information now but it might serve for later. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by Ofodirinwa: 2:53am On Sep 18, 2021
I'm curious as to why? Not asking to discourage, but I feel that whatever is happening in Nigeria is happening in every african country except SA. I could be wrong
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by Marimart: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2021
collarfreak:

How is life generally over there?
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by drake99: 2:03am On Sep 20, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
I'm curious as to why? Not asking to discourage, but I feel that whatever is happening in Nigeria is happening in every african country except SA. I could be wrong
to explore, Adventures
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by collarfreak(m): 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2021
Fuzoma:

@Colarfreak I was blessed by all your detailed infos. Thank you. Even though I am not op or I don't need this information now but it might serve for later. Thanks again

ooo
You welcome bro...one love
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by gamaliel9: 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2021
BONSOIR TOUT LE MONDE
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by Marimart: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2021
gamaliel9:
BONSOIR TOUT LE MONDE
Bonsoir
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by Jombohjay: 2:37am On Nov 19, 2022
Please I want to make a trip to Cameroon I don't have any idea on the whole travel arrangements from which border to use and also cost of travel plus I want to know what is the current exchange rate I really need details please
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by Jombohjay: 2:51am On Nov 19, 2022
collarfreak:

Please where can I exchange naira to fr on my travel and where is the cheapest way to cross over I am not planning on going into the city I just want to cross exchange and send someone money via momo
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2022
collarfreak:
CAN YOU SHARE YOUR FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE LIVING THERE? HOW LIFE IS THERE COMPARED TO NIGERIA ..
Re: I Want To Go To Cameroon by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2022
collarfreak:
I honestly don't see the need for all this risks and life taking journey. Flight will save you a lot of stress.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are A Danger To White Women In Europe / Spain Visa Appeal Process / Disheartening Picture of an Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.