Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. (46475 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? / Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by GABRIEL6036: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
Everybody should stay on his lane, to avoid embarrassment that touches.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Hushmoni: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
My senior bro don't want to help me when i needed it, don't look at me for help. Help come from God alone

5 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Circuitlord(m): 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
K
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by chloride6: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
That 3 and 4 are very important.

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by whippersnapper(m): 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
it depends on the family. Some family members will do anything for you to succeed especially in the fulani north

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Ayo2004: 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
If you are not careful,family in Nigeria go chop u till u no get flesh for body again

13 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Mayng01(m): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
D
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Gabkosh: 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
No reason you shouldn't help your family.

By helping your family members? You are also helping yourself and the future of your children while reducing stress of poverty from your neck.

So cos I am struggling now, doesn't give me reason no to help my family.

I hate seeing my family suffering.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by chimezieeze98: 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBWFCTEA6NE

[b]Go hustle your money.... It annoys me when we in Africa have that entitlement mentality.... I am not saying one shouldn't help family members or even leave inheritance to them when they die... But its not a must.

Look at the above video... Oga gave a lexus car to his security... They are not related, but he knows the security man worth the gift.... The joy in the security man's face shows he was never expecting it.... And he will appreciate it the more.

Dr Dre daughter posted earlier this week that her father has abandoned her m... She is in her 30s with kids from different men... And she still never get her life right to dey make even minimum wage?

Jackie chan has vowed not to leave any inheritance for his son..... Bill Gates, Warren buffet.... Many of them have promised to do similar things.

Many big men in Nigeria that spoilt their children... When they die.. Na so court case you go dey hear.... MKO Abiola is an example.

As for me, the education my dad gave me is enough.... Though I am not where I hope to be... I know he has played his part.

Its now left for me to legitimately hustle hard... And by time I make my money, if I like u help, If I like I don't... Do you know how many people have tried helping others and end up going bankrupt?

In the end, they will be abandoned by those who they helped.

I have helped so many people in my life.... But if they don't remember to help me out when I am down... I don't get upset.... I wouldn't be needing their help in the first place if I had hustled hard and managed my money properly....

I will end this my rant by saying.... The earlier you learn not to expect anything from anyone.... The better for you.. ... You would never be disappointed in your life....
[/b]

29 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by NobleAngell(f): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
I've said this time and time again, family issues no dey ever finish. It's good to help your family. But make sure you don't empty yourself while doing that. Some of these family members will stop at nothing to see you drop to their level, but as long as you remain on top, they won't be happy. You need to change it for them every now and then in order to correct that entitlement mentality.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by BabbanBura(m): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Macadamemmy:
We rise by lifting others... Dats what I know

Without wisdom it will turn to you sink deeper by lifting others, be wise!

8 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by TempUser: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
angry
leofab:
It’s mare lack of common sense and myopic thought system.
Are you kidding my institution?
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Mayng01(m): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by BangGanger: 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
ignis:
The major reason is wickedness. Please let's not justify wickedness and evil. There is no reason for a successful family member not to help a struggling family member.

Someone will come tomorrow and give reasons why the devil is evil.

Lazy man

5 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by giantstar: 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Baseless reasons
1) Joseph was sold out by his brothers whereas he later took them out of languishing state.
2) David was mocked and forgotten by his parents and brothers despite all these he liberated a nation.
3) And so on even many in Nigeria who liberated their family, tribes, states and Nigeria entirety.
#avoidsentiment#.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by BabbanBura(m): 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
ignis:
The major reason is wickedness. Please let's not justify wickedness and evil. There is no reason for a successful family member not to help a struggling family member.

You seems to be one of the kinds that may be difficult to be helped - entitled mentality! The fact your brother or sister is rich doesn't make you entitled to his wealth. He should lend helping hands but not as an obligation to you.

Your parents are the only ones obligated to take care of you, any other person doing so is helping and u should appreciate instead of feeling disgruntled because you don't get all you wanted from those other than your mama and papa!

10 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by MartinsD12(m): 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
twind111:
This issue is of different categorie
1 AJUNMOBI O KAN TAANU.. It's a Yoruba proverb , for someone to be your close relative doesn't guarantee that he or she will help you, some prefer to face their immediate family I mean kids and wife only.

2 PAST FAMILY HISTORY.. many rich family member didn't get help too when they are struggling. So you expect them to be of help too when they eventually arrive.

3 FAMILY ISSUE.. Take for instant you get a loan for a family member and he or she refuse to pay even when they can. If you persuade them too much they will say are we not family member.

4 MOST WICKED ENEMY SOMETIMES COME FROM THE FAMILY.. I mean spiritually. As a Nigerian you should understand this better.E.G. how can only you build 3 houses when we have none WAHALA. At your age I was still in form 4 and you say you need money for school fee in a university abeg wait till next year.e.t.c

5 ONE RICH MAN IN A POOR FAMILY.. when you have only just one rich man or just a few of them in a family what do you expect. how many do you think they can help .. when the pressure is too much they will distance themselves from family..

NOTE: it's only those sent by God that can help.. And if you receive help from a family member please don't misuse the opportunity it may hinder help of another family member.. If you didn't receive help from any family member now please don't have the wicked mindset that you too will not help .
All these na nonsense write up, if God blessed you don't allow your family members to suffer, show them way to make money not necessarily given them money, this is the secret of every anambra rich men they help themselves you see what happened at oba, obi Cubana helped put lots of youths in business, those are the ones doing well and spraying money at his mother's burial, look at chief priest he is what he is today because obi Cubana helped him employed him as his barman, let's not give excuses here, this writer is definitely the stingy type, listen we rise by lifting others that's what anambra rich men do from nnewi, oba, ihiala, awka, onitsha, virtually rich men in anambra will show you the way to make money that is help, you want to learn trade they will help you on apprenticeship that's why we have many rich men in anambra today they are their brothers keepers

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by MrOwonikoko: 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Or they don't help because they think you will do better than them or their children in future. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by duro4chang(m): 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
They don't want you to succeed , they don't want you to die.

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by edoairways: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
ignis:

twind111 is correct.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by oluwaseyi0: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
ignis:

see entitlement mentality, anytime you don't receive then the suppose giver is wicked

6 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by BangGanger: 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
OfeAchi:
Nigerians and Africans are a hypocrital and evil minded lot. The Blackman is genetically wicked and as such won't help.
That's why all my kids must marry Caucasian
Black man. Slave.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by RightToReject(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
Almost all of the time whenever someone complains that hir well-to-do family member does not help hir or others, it always turns out to be that the complainer is one conceited, foolish, self-absorbing, insatiable, and ungrateful element.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by pansophist(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
From what I've noticed, many people who claimed that their family didn't help them are downplaying the help that have been given to them. It's always good to hear from the rich family member in question, and you may just discover that the accuser is a liar.

Also, I've seen cases of poor family member refusing to be taught how to fish, they will rather prefer you go make the money and give it to them anytime they ask, while using guilt-tripping and shaming as a weapon of choice to beat you into submission if you refuse to be used. It can also be a case of the disproportionately distribution of drive within the human population.

Some people just have a low drive. Put them in the river, and they would still complian that the water is not enough to clear the soap in their eyes. All these factors can't be excluded. Lots of family members are actually loosers, to put it bluntly. How can you explain a situation where you've been assisting your family member for over ten years and still, they can't stand on their feet ? Just pray for God not to bless you a lazy family member because no matter what you do, you can't do enough.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by HEAVEN4444: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
wink
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Tomilola360: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
ignis:

A kid won't understand so we won't blame you.

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Hollyharjii: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
This I have seen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / A Week After We Got Married. / Help! My Woman Caught Red Handedly Romancing Another Man Publicly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.