Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! (3571 Views)

Who Was The First Human To Celebrate Jesus? / Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2021
Being an atheist is HARD!!! you need to be super human to leave faith!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rT8Re1EIQc

The song above is an embodiment of what keeps Christians in the faith. i can talk confidently about Christianity not because i hate Christianity more than other religions, but because i was a christian and that was my life.

As an Atheist i sometimes forget what it meant to be a christian and i wonder why people still buy into the absolute nonsense the christian faith is selling them... the truth is it is EXTREMELY HARD TO BE AN ATHEIST and here are the reasons.

1. Emotions. you need to listen to a good gospel song or watch a good gospel movie. the core is play on Emotions (most times they do it innocently not that they are evil) the emotions of you being weak and one super hero (god) caring so much for you, coming to take you out of your mess, out of your filth. you are so unworthy of love, you are a reject, a sinner, a cast away, yet this super hero loves you so much. As an atheist there is no supernatural love anywhere to lean on when you are down. You have to wear your big boy pants, pull up your sleeves and take responsible for your life. Trust me this is difficult as humans can be emotional. this is why we cannot expect people to drop their faith.

2. Hope.
Hope of getting the impossible, hope of getting healing, hope for the poor, hope for the oppressed. this keeps people patient in their situations because they are waiting for a reward and any negative thoughts or consideration could provoke this god not to give them the reward anymore, so they keep hoping. it is the SUNK COST effect. they have invested so much time hoping they just cannot stop hoping.

3. Family
just like cast aways find solace in gangs and cults, a feeling of comradeship and loyalty to one another, Religion brings people together, which is actually a good thing. people feel they belong to a family. An atheist had better have an actual family and friends that genuinely love him/her cos when you leave the church, they are simply looking forward to you having a miserable life so they can mock you for leaving god.

4. Irresponsibility
being a christian is a ticket to being irresponsible. you always have something to blame for your problems; you can blame the devil, blame demons, blame ancestral curses. you are never the reason why things are not working out. when something bad happens to you you can ask people to pray for you explaining how some forces are working against you.

5. appeal to authority
Parents love the power that the religion gives them. they can always use God and the Devil to threaten their children (subtly) so as to get them to be under their control and do their biding. Politicians use same, every one who stands to gain can use religion as a means to an end. Atheists have to actually work to earn respect, they cannot use the authority of god or the devil to demand respect or service they do not deserve.

6. No need to think.
Thinking is actually very hard and a task people avoid. people want ready answers. just take a look back at your days in school, people are looking for area of concentration to read and prepare for exam, people are looking for ready answers for the questions. people just want to cram and pour, they do not want to really understand the topic and be able to thoroughly articulate the subject. that is same with religion. religion provides ready answers, you dont have to think, here are all the answers. as an atheist you have to think everything through, it is very very hard if you are not ready to challenge yourself.

emotions and the psychology that is involved in religion (christianity in particular) are extremely powerful. it is a fools paradise but a paradise all the same

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Pelecius: 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2021
I wonder how wannabe atheists enjoy self delusion, like the ones stated by op. I think it makes them feel good and "intellectually" fulfilled.

Most times, wannabe atheists objections are outright straw man. Let's consider his points.

1. Emotion is part of every human. Being a religious person (I'll argue for Christianity henceforth) does not make you more emotional than an atheist. First point.
Secondly, it is not a MUST that you listen to gospel songs. And gospel songs don't ONLY talk of emotional stuff. You are assuming too much here. And most movies don't end in tragedy, gospel movies included. Or are you implying that movies where good overcome evils are gospel?
The reality of being a sinner is not to appeal to anyone's emotion. The saving grace of Christ is evident as hard criminals turn to peaceful and loving people.
If you are not happy with it, it doesn't make you right. On the other hand, you seem to have just expressed your own emotions (maybe to make you feel good)

2. To hope also is universal, whether an atheist or a theist. Just that what one hopes on differs.
Again, you've stated two behaviors of humans generally, but tried to use it in disparaging religion.
Your "hoping on the impossible" is a straw man for the Christian faith. There's the instructions for WORK + faith and that of WATCH + pray. Most wannabe atheists set up straw man to attack. So a Christian does not hope while doing nothing just as a scientist does not hope to get results without experiments.

3. Like you already stated, having a family or urge to belong to a family is also universal. Now, your last statement of wanting an apostate to leave miserably is unfounded claim. It's just in your head. In fact, it's not a Christian thing to do.

4. Irresponsibility
This is where you just merely expressed your emotions. Your very first statement is another unfounded claim. You went on to prove it by other unfounded claims.
Seems that your ignorance of what Christianity teaches is just overwhelming and you must of think that Christianity is limited to Nigerian culture where evil forces are the order of the day.
Pick a Bible and study, it'll save you these unfounded claims you bring up.

5. Appeal to Authority.
You seem to write this to justify your alleged atheism. Using the Bible truths to train up children is not wrong, except you show otherwise. It definitely contains moral absolutes with which we can build a sane society (most atheistic influence nations actually built their morals on religion, and I'm not saying atheists can't be moral - though, there's no justification for that).
Your claim that atheist must work to earn his respect is even a Biblical principle also (Prov 24:22).

6. No need to think?
This is where you got it all wrong. You just don't know what Christianity teaches, so you invent one to make yourself look sophisticated.
The Bible encourages critical thinking and it was this that led to the rise of modern science (I believe you were not expecting this). Scriptures include:
A. Test things and hold on to what's true. 1 Thess 5:21
B. Only fools believe just anything. Prov 24:15
C. The Berean Christians checked what Paul said to see if it's correct. Acts 17:11
And other scriptures.

It turns out that wannabe atheists enjoy some delusions to feel good of their rebellion against God by cooking up what Christianity does not teach and rubbishing it. A simple logical fallacy called straw man.
But those are easily knocked down (then they mostly shift ground to bring up another topic without acknowledging being wrong).
Just as the scripture says:
The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him. Prov 18 vs 17

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2021
Pelecius:
I wonder how wannabe atheists enjoy self delusion, like the ones stated by op. I think it makes them feel good and "intellectually" fulfilled.

Most times, wannabe atheists objections are outright straw man. Let's consider his points.

1. Emotion is part of every human. Being a religious person (I'll argue for Christianity henceforth) does not make you more emotional than an atheist. First point.
Secondly, it is not a MUST that you listen to gospel songs. And gospel songs don't ONLY talk of emotional stuff. You are assuming too much here. And most movies don't end in tragedy, gospel movies included. Or are you implying that movies where good overcome evils are gospel?
The reality of being a sinner is not to appeal to anyone's emotion. The saving grace of Christ is evident as hard criminals turn to peaceful and loving people.
If you are not happy with it, it doesn't make you right. On the other hand, you seem to have just expressed your own emotions (maybe to make you feel good)

2. To hope also is universal, whether an atheist or a theist. Just that what one hopes on differs.
Again, you've stated two behaviors of humans generally, but tried to use it in disparaging religion.
Your "hoping on the impossible" is a straw man for the Christian faith. There's the instructions for WORK + faith and that of WATCH + pray. Most wannabe atheists set up straw man to attack. So a Christian does not hope while doing nothing just as a scientist does not hope to get results without experiments.

3. Like you already stated, having a family or urge to belong to a family is also universal. Now, your last statement of wanting an apostate to leave miserably is unfounded claim. It's just in your head. In fact, it's not a Christian thing to do.

4. Irresponsibility
This is where you just merely expressed your emotions. Your very first statement is another unfounded claim. You went on to prove it by other unfounded claims.
Seems that your ignorance of what Christianity teaches is just overwhelming and you must of think that Christianity is limited to Nigerian culture where evil forces are the order of the day.
Pick a Bible and study, it'll save you these unfounded claims you bring up.

5. Appeal to Authority.
You seem to write this to justify your alleged atheism. Using the Bible truths to train up children is not wrong, except you show otherwise. It definitely contains moral absolutes with which we can build a sane society (most atheistic influence nations actually built their morals on religion, and I'm not saying atheists can't be moral - though, there's no justification for that).
Your claim that atheist must work to earn his respect is even a Biblical principle also (Prov 24:22).

6. No need to think?
This is where you got it all wrong. You just don't know what Christianity teaches, so you invent one to make yourself look sophisticated.
The Bible encourages critical thinking and it was this that led to the rise of modern science (I believe you were not expecting this). Scriptures include:
A. Test things and hold on to what's true. 1 Thess 5:21
B. Only fools believe just anything. Prov 24:15
C. The Berean Christians checked what Paul said to see if it's correct. Acts 17:11
And other scriptures.

It turns out that wannabe atheists enjoy some delusions to feel good of their rebellion against God by cooking up what Christianity does not teach and rubbishing it. A simple logical fallacy called straw man.
But those are easily knocked down (then they mostly shift ground to bring up another topic without acknowledging being wrong).
Just as the scripture says:
The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him. Prov 18 vs 17
what do you mean by wannabe atheist? you mean there are people who believe in god or lets even be specific, are Christians, yet come out to say there is no god or they dont believe in god? how is that even possible? are you even thinking at all or just want to talk for the sake of talking. just listen to your own crap. wanna be atheist my foot! you are an atheist just pretending to be an christian. you are a wanna be christian for sure.

4 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
Being and atheist is HARD!!! you need to be super human to leave faith!

The song above is an embodiment of what keeps Christians in the faith. i can talk confidently about Christianity not because i hate Christianity more than other religions, but because i was a christian and that was my life.

As an Atheist i sometimes forget what it meant to be a christian and i wonder why people still buy into the absolute nonsense the christian faith is selling them... the truth is it is EXTREMELY HARD TO BE AN ATHEIST and here are the reasons.

1. Emotions. you need to listen to a good gospel song or watch a good gospel movie. the core is play on Emotions (most times they do it innocently not that they are evil) the emotions of you being weak and one super hero (god) caring so much for you, coming to take you out of your mess, out of your filth. you are so unworthy of love, you are a reject, a sinner, a cast away, yet this super hero loves you so much. As an atheist there is no supernatural love anywhere to lean on when you are down. You have to wear your big boy pants, pull up your sleeves and take responsible for your life. Trust me this is difficult as humans can be emotional. this is why we cannot expect people to drop their faith.
There is a problem when you go around believing your Christian experience is the same as those of others around you. You become no different from those mindless goons out there you love to condemn is what. undecided

1. Jesus Christ never asked any one to watch or listen to what you call Christian movies and gospel music to begin with so the emotional experiences you experience or previously experienced while listening to them has to do with you and your choice...not any of that which Jesus Christ in fact called on you to do. undecided

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is a problem when you go around believing your Christian experience is the same as those of others around you. You become no different from those mindless goons out there you love to condemn is what. undecided

1. Jesus Christ never asked any one to watch or listen to what you call Christian movies and gospel music to begin with so the emotional experiences you experience or previously experienced while listening to them has to do with you and your choice...not any of that which Jesus Christ in fact called on you to do. undecided
i am beginning to see you have a problem with reading and comprehending.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by fredwill1357(m): 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
Hard mirror which state are you from? Which state do you reside in?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
fredwill1357:
Hard mirror which state are you from? Which state do you reside in?
osun, lagos

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
i am beginning to see you have a problem with reading and comprehending.
yep!
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by fredwill1357(m): 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
osun, lagos
OK, too far, was hoping to meet the brain behind this educative, funny and inquisitive threads.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2021
fredwill1357:
OK, too far, was hoping to meet the brain behind this educative, funny and inquisitive threads.
where are you based?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by fredwill1357(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
where are you based?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Dtruthspeaker: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
Being an atheist is HARD!!! you need to be super human to leave faith!

grin And This is Always you peoples' problem, YOU NEVER HAD THE FAITH (KNOWLEDGE) IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT YOU ALL THOUGHT YOU DID.

Which is why you guys attack your former selves who themselves in the case of many of them, do not have the faith either as is evident even in the arguments here among those who think they do.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
fredwill1357:
Anambra
ok sir
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin And This is Always you peoples' problem, YOU NEVER HAD THE FAITH (KNOWLEDGE) IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT YOU ALL THOUGHT YOU DID.

it is actually realizing that faith is dubious. my dear christian friends that have tried to get me back to the fold always are unable to give me any other reason to return but to just have faith in God. well i could ask them to also just have faith in the flying spag monster. the problem is not the faith, the problem is faith in what? faith in lies? faith in a man made god? or you have not yet realized your god is man made? if not man made tell me what evidence your god has presented for it's self, all the so called things your god has are all what men are saying on it's behalf, is your god dumb?

7 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Pelecius: 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
what do you mean by wannabe atheist? you mean there are people who believe in god or lets even be specific, are Christians, yet come out to say there is no god or they dont believe in god? how is that even possible? are you even thinking at all or just want to talk for the sake of talking. just listen to your own crap. wanna be atheist my foot! you are an atheist just pretending to be an christian. you are a wanna be christian for sure.
You clearly don't understand what I meant with wannabe atheists.
Let me start with Christianity so you can understand my word usage, as it clearly does not correlate with what you said. (And there's no point in attacking the messenger if one doesn't UNDERSTAND the message).
Just as there are folks who identify with Christianity, believe in God, attend services, etc, but don't really follow what the Bible says. That is, there's what makes one a Christian than just believing in God (after all, even the demons do). So also is atheism. It's not just mere subscribing to the no-God idea, it's a whole wide worldview in which many who identifies with it are really ignorant of

Anyway, looks like it's ONLY the "wannabe" word that triggered EMOTION here. Other blanket statement for your perception of Christianity seem to have been cleared, I want to believe

3 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
it is actually realizing that faith is dubious. my dear christian friends that have tried to get me back to the fold always are unable to give me any other reason to return but to just have faith in God. well i could ask them to also just have faith in the flying spag monster. the problem is not the faith, the problem is faith in what? faith in lies? faith in a man made god? or you have not yet realized your god is man made? if not man made tell me what evidence your god has presented for it's self, all the so called things your god has are all what men are saying on it's behalf, is your god dumb?

God dictates the terms, not you murrormirror. Just like an Employer employee, Teacher student, Owner possession, Creator created relationship. You don't run to your boss demanding that he addresses you in your village dialect, do you? Be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2021
Pelecius:

Let me start with Christianity so you can understand my word usage, as it clearly does not correlate with what you said. (And there's no point in attacking the messenger if one doesn't UNDERSTAND the message).
Just as there are folks who identify with Christianity, believe in God, attend services, etc, but don't really follow what the Bible says. That is, there's what makes one a Christian than just believing in God (after all, even the demons do). So also is atheism. It's not just mere subscribing to the no-God idea, it's a whole wide worldview in which many who identifies with it are really ignorant of

Anyway, looks like it's ONLY the "wannabe" word that triggered EMOTION here. Other blanket statement for your perception of Christianity seem to have been cleared, I want to believe
you are absolutely right that triggered me because it was totally stupid. the only way a wannabe atheist can exist is for that wannabe atheist to actually believe in God. so you just used a lot of words to say nothing in this explanation. obviously you think being an atheist must be cool hence there must be wannabe atheists right? or what is the reason for your wannabe thingy.

and yeah, you say i should not attack you (because i called you a wannabe christian) funny you want to call others names but dont want to be called names. you clown

3 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Dtruthspeaker: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
it is actually realizing that faith is dubious.

Not True! grin It is rather that you got tired of Doing the Nullity you were taught to do which you thought was the knowledge of God and therefore you took another way.

HardMirror:

...my dear christian friends that have tried to get me back to the fold always are unable to give me any other reason to return but to just have faith in God.

As I told you up, many are exactly as your former "self claimed or appropriated Christian", whereas, like you, they were far from Christ and God.

So naturally they are bringing you back to your former Nullity and thus you have to refuse them.

HardMirror:
...the problem is faith in what?

Faith is "Application and Use of Information" and those who are not Children of God Never knew this, even when they saw it in the Bible.

HardMirror:
if not man made tell me what evidence your god has presented for it's self,...

Do you prove yourself to your biro or mannequin or phone? No you do not and neither will you submit yourself to your ruler and car simply because they are foolish creations.

HardMirror:

all the so called things your god has are all what men are saying on it's behalf, is your god dumb?

How many times does Buhari speak? Is it not His representatives and appointments that speak on his behalf?

So is it with God and in His Case He Spoke Once, exactly as You do not speak to often speak to your mannequin.

So nothing irregular here.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
Image123:

God dictates the terms, not you murrormirror. Just like an Employer employee, Teacher student, Owner possession, Creator created relationship. You don't run to your boss demanding that he addresses you in your village dialect, do you? Be reasonable.
as if this so called god even talks for itself. who can something that cannot talk or write for itself make any rules? even a dog makes rules that i would respect, at least it can bark and ask me to keep off and i would respect it

3 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
as if this so called god even talks for itself. who can something that cannot talk or write for itself make any rules? even a dog makes rules that i would respect, at least it can bark and ask me to keep off and i would respect it

Heb 1:1 KJV God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 KJV Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Have fits all you want, that's His primary chosen way. Don't grow old throwing these childish tantrums, you will end up sadder.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
you are absolutely right that triggered me because it was totally stupid. the only way a wannabe atheist can exist is for that wannabe atheist to actually believe in God. so you just used a lot of words to say nothing in this explanation. obviously you think being an atheist must be cool hence there must be wannabe atheists right? or what is the reason for your wannabe thingy.

and yeah, you say i should not attack you (because i called you a wannabe christian) funny you want to call others names but dont want to be called names. you clown

You both said the same thing in different words. A wannabe is not real, he lacks depth. He just sees others and jumps on the bandwagon, without really knowing what he is doing.

3 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Pelecius:

Off course

You think you know what the Bible says and who follows it or not.

You also think there's more to being an atheist than not subscribing to God-stuff

Enjoy your thoughts with Chicken pepper soup and wine

I stick to mine with an old infection on my head, darkness in my heart and nothing more than garri/peanuts to drink before going to sleep without joy as I wait for death to have me in vain

What else??

2 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Not True! grin It is rather that you got tired of Doing the Nullity you were taught to do which you thought was the knowledge of God and therefore you took another way.

As I told you up, many are exactly as your former "self claimed or appropriated Christian", whereas, like you, they were far from Christ and God.

So naturally they are bringing you back to your former Nullity and thus you have to refuse them.

Faith is "Application and Use of Information" and those who are not Children of God Never knew this, even when they saw it in the Bible.

Do you prove yourself to your biro or mannequin or phone? No you do not and neither will you submit yourself to your ruler and car simply because they are foolish creations.

How many times does Buhari speak? Is it not His representatives and appointments that speak on his behalf?

So is it with God and in His Case He Spoke Once, exactly as You do not speak to often speak to your mannequin.

So nothing irregular here.

Same old stuff
Nothing noteworthy here

2 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Pelecius: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
you are absolutely right that triggered me because it was totally stupid. the only way a wannabe atheist can exist is for that wannabe atheist to actually believe in God. so you just used a lot of words to say nothing in this explanation. obviously you think being an atheist must be cool hence there must be wannabe atheists right?or what is the reason for your wannabe thingy.

Alright. Let's dissect these.
you are absolutely right that triggered me because it was totally stupid
Like I said, if one doesn't understand a concept, it does not follow that such person call such concept stupid. That'll be laughable

the only way a wannabe atheist can exist is for that wannabe atheist to actually believe in God
This is just false. You may start by checking the meaning of wannabe, then read my previous response. I already explained it by using Christianity as an example.
FACT: a wannabe atheist is not one who believe in God and is still an atheist.

so you just used a lot of words to say nothing in this explanation
It's not wrong to ask, if one doesn't understand a thing. That you don't understand what I wrote does not equate to explaning nothing.

obviously you think being an atheist must be cool hence there must be wannabe atheists right?
Smiles. It's this type of statement (bolded) that makes me use words like wannabe atheists. If you really know what it take to be an atheist, you wouldn't write such statement.

what is the reason for your wannabe thingy.
In simple terms, belonging to a group without having indepth knowledge about such group. Just trying to fit in to such group. Like I said in the first post, being an atheist is beyond rejecting God just as being a Christian is more than mere believing in God.

Calling me a wannabe Christian won't bother me. You only jumped again to conclusion, without asking how you attacked the messenger.
HardMirror:
are you even thinking at all or just want to talk for the sake of talking. just listen to your own crap. wanna be atheist my foot! you are an atheist just pretending to be an christian. you are a wanna be christian for sure.
From what you wrote here, your last sentence is not an attack, but same can't be said for the previous statements.
So that was what I referred to. All those words, just because you didn't understand the message. It wasn't necessary

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2021
Pelecius:

Alright. Let's dissect these.
you are absolutely right that triggered me because it was totally stupid
Like I said, if one doesn't understand a concept, it does not follow that such person call such concept stupid. That'll be laughable

the only way a wannabe atheist can exist is for that wannabe atheist to actually believe in God
This is just false. You may start by checking the meaning of wannabe, then read my previous response. I already explained it by using Christianity as an example.
FACT: a wannabe atheist is not one who believe in God and is still an atheist.

so you just used a lot of words to say nothing in this explanation
It's not wrong to ask, if one doesn't understand a thing. That you don't understand what I wrote does not equate to explaning nothing.

obviously you think being an atheist must be cool hence there must be wannabe atheists right?
Smiles. It's this type of statement (bolded) that makes me use words like wannabe atheists. If you really know what it take to be an atheist, you wouldn't write such statement.

what is the reason for your wannabe thingy.
In simple terms, belonging to a group without having indepth knowledge about such group. Just trying to fit in to such group. Like I said in the first post, being an atheist is beyond rejecting God just as being a Christian is more than mere believing in God.

Calling me a wannabe Christian won't bother me. You only jumped again to conclusion, without asking how you attacked the messenger.
From what you wrote here, your last sentence is not an attack, but same can't be said for the previous statements.
So that was what I referred to. All those words, just because you didn't understand the message. It wasn't necessary
you are just contradicting yourself and making no sense. it is like saying that you are a wannabe human. the only way i am a wannabe atheist if for me to actually believe in god, anything else you say is nonsense

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Dtruthspeaker: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Same old stuff
Nothing noteworthy here

Then you should not have wasted your time, strength and data! So much wastages especially as my response was not directed to you.

A Classical Example of the Nullities that you people are very much accustomed to doing.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Then you should not have wasted your time, strength and data! So much wastages especially as my response was not directed to you.
he did not waste his time or data, he spent them to put you right. "say something sensible", that is what he is saying

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Dtruthspeaker: 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
he did not waste his time or data, he spent them to put you right. "say something sensible", that is what he is saying

What a nullity!
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Pelecius: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2021
Image123:

You both said the same thing in different words. A wannabe is not real, he lacks depth. He just sees others and jumps on the bandwagon, without really knowing what he is doing.
Thank you o
I don't know what is hard in understanding simple terms such as that.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Pelecius: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
you are just contradicting yourself and making no sense. it is like saying there you are a wannabe human. the only way i am a wannabe atheist if for me to actually believe in god, anything else you say is nonsense
grin grin grin grin
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

What a nullity!
you just learned the word i see. putting it to use in all you recent posts. good job, that is how to become more conversant with the use of new words you learn, you use them in sentences.

3 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2021
Pelecius:

Thank you o
I don't know what is hard in understanding simple terms such as that.
we aint saying same thing. the difference is as clear as night and day.
You are saying an atheist wannabe can exist who actually does not believe in god.
i am saying such cannot exist. an atheist wannabe can only exist if he actually believes in god.
so how can some one who does not believe in the existence of any god be an atheist wannabe? then what is a real atheist then?

you two are suffering from poor education. an elementary level grasp of english is sufficient for you to know we aint saying the same thing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Are The Gentiles? Irrefutable Proof Modern-day Christianity Is False / With All Of The Different Religions, How Can I Know Which One Is Correct? / The Deist War: Part 1: Atheists. . . Unperceptive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.