Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,790 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials (480 Views)

Lady Who Cleans Up Jabi Lake, Kick-starts Tree Planting Exercise In Abuja / Wreckage Of WWII Aircraft Carrier USS Lexington Found Off Australia / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials by TheAviator: 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2021
India's first indigenous aircraft carrier, the INS Vikrant, has begun its sea trials on the 4th of August 2021, and is set to be commissioned into the Eastern Naval Command of the Indian Navy in August 2022.

The INS Vikrant is the first aircraft carrier to be built in India. The aircraft carrier is 262 metres (860 ft) long and 62 metres (203 ft) wide, and displaces about 45,000 metric tons (44,000 long tons). It has the capacity to carry 36-40 aircrafts.

The maiden trial in the Arabian Sea will go on for four days. It started with 1,500 officials, including officers and sailors on board.

The aircraft carrier was built by the largest shipbuilding and maintenance facility in India, the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL).

Credit: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/raaj-nair-9006a27a_india-military-maritime-activity-6828724857061076992-akmX

1 Like

Re: Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials by Prosperous111(m): 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
Every country they show their military capabilities but Naija military dey intimidate its citizens grin
Re: Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials by dimexy247(m): 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2021
Zoo scientist testing their nuclear war head (ICBM) capabilities

1 Like

Re: Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials by Shellsploit: 6:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
Zoo scientist testing their nuclear war head (ICMB) capabilities

lol.. na missile be that?
e come resemble wetin dem dey use drill bore hole.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials by insidelife22(m): 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
now Nigerians say after me "I will not sell my future to people gallivanting from APC to PDP again" I shall not be blinded by religion,tribe or Money in 2023,I shall vote for the best,so help me God,amen".
Re: Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials by triumphadler: 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2021
Watch the Film Midway and Pearl Habour. You'll understand how useless and unnecessary the budget for all these toys are.
Nations never learn from History
Re: Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials by rationalhuman(m): 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
So a movie will be considered a Technical Analysis document to decide the necessity of machines?
They were useful back then as well, Most of the US raids on Imperial Japan were done by Carrier strikes corps.

If they are not useful then USA, Britain, France, India and China must be crazy to spend so much money on these top notch mega machines. Because operating just one Carrier a day is almost equal to a full year naval budget for most of the navies in this continent.

CBG dont walk alone, Now they have dedicated SSNs, SSKs, Destroyers and ASW ships along with them. These are big boys toys, only for those who have Vision, advance planning, Money, Industrial Manufacturing capabilities, Knowhow, Human recourses and will.

triumphadler:
Watch the Film Midway and Pearl Habour. You'll understand how useless and unnecessary the budget for all these toys are.
Nations never learn from History
Re: Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials by rationalhuman(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
LMAO
one of the funniest comment for a quite long time. i was laughing so hard, man you have powers to find similarity.
Shellsploit:

lol.. na missile be that?
e come resemble wetin dem dey use drill bore hole.

1 Like

Re: Indian Navy's New Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant Starts Sea Trials by Shellsploit: 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2021
rationalhuman:
LMAO
one of the funniest comment for a quite long time. i was laughing so hard, man you have powers to find similarity.

lol... look am well na.

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Common Gift Card Balance / Nigerian Goverment Has Suspended Uses Of Gmail, Yahoo & Hotmail For Official Com / This Is Where Most Working People Prefer To Live In Abuja (kubwa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.