Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup (9779 Views)

Baylesa United Beat Nasarawa, Clinch First FA Title, Qualify For CAF Confed Cup / Italy Crowned Euro 2020 Champions: See Pictures Of The Final Day / Gov. Ikpeazu Hails Enyimba For Trouncing Rayon Sports In CAF Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Ajibel(m): 7:32am On Aug 06, 2021
successking40l:
CAF championship and CAF confederation .. someone should educate me please what's the difference?

Do you know that there are some infection you can never cure with Oyibo medicine?

Anyway .......

If you know anybody suffering from anything that spells infection e.g wormlike movement in d body,staphylococus,premature ejaculation,tooth ache,stubborn boil, fibroid,piles,cough,no matter how long it have been.call zero seven zero 3964009 seven

CAF championship is like UCL
While CAF confederation is like Europa. So it's the lower tier

1 Like

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Fuckyoumod: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2021
OdaNobunaga:
This looks like an arrangement, imagine how Rivers united was awarded 3pionts which clearly made them lipfrog Enyimba on the table to qualify, too poor. It could easily been arranged.
my friend keep quiet, did you not read that an illegitimate player was used against Rivers united? Now you want to mislead people with this rubbish "arrangy" post

Comprehension is far from your reach...
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by ServantOG: 7:48am On Aug 06, 2021
Congratulations to Rivers United.

South-South for CAF cup
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by chiemmanuel(m): 8:16am On Aug 06, 2021
Ajibel:

Very shocking. A team that won 6 away games dropped double figure points at home

And their defensive record? One of the poorest I've ever seen since following the club
very terrible especially on the continent, they have lowered their standard
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Tunjingwu(m): 8:16am On Aug 06, 2021
Truth is that Enyimba need to sack that coach.That team is full of quality but they still play without a clear-cut direction.Enyimba is bigger than fatai osho

3 Likes

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by maxzzo1(m): 8:16am On Aug 06, 2021
Make una read and digest na....Rivers united have a standing appeal against Jigawa which went thru in der favor which is 3points and 3 goals which up Rivers united points to 66points whose goal aggregate is better than Eyimba.. So they qualify... Congratz to Rivers united and Rivers Angels for qualifying for caf champions league
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by vivaAfrica: 8:37am On Aug 06, 2021
Nairaland dont like bringing NPFL news on the front page as it should do. I expect to see match fixtures, news,results and update on the front page like they do for other European Leagues

1 Like

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Millimann: 8:45am On Aug 06, 2021
KingOKON:

And you think Dakkada losing at home to Enyimba is not arranged game, plz keep quite

Why do you think it was arranged? Go and check Enyimba's away record.

If it was arranged what stopped Kano Pillars and Nassarawa and Jigawa Stars from "arranging" their own matches because they needed the points desperately.

3 Likes

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by robosky02(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2021
Millimann:
I don't really care that Rivers Utd got the 3 points through the LMC boardroom to finish above Enyimba, but why should the LMC come up with that decision on the last day of the league, in fact the decision came out while the last round of matches were going on when Jigawa Golden Stars were already 2 goals down. It shows that the LMC had their plans already mapped out.

This is just like the supreme Court decision that made the fourth placed candidate the winner in Imo State. But it's okay, I believe they were robbed in favour of Enyimba last season.

No no no

Recall Rivers united have an outstanding petition against Jigawa Golden stars for fielding an intelligible player who have 5 yellow card and so should not play against Rivers united but was used in the match

Rivers United went to LMC with the fact but I believed LMC were doing ojoro

1. They said the letter was sent wrongly
2. Jigawa claimed the mail they sent it to is not the one they are using again....

LMC try to bend the rule in Favour of not just Jigawa Golden stars but perhaps in favour of other interested parties

So Rivers Unites took the case to NFF disciplinary committee.. Who now gave their verdict by saying

Rivers united is right and should be awarded the 3 points and 3 goals. According to the NPFL rules on players intelligibility

LMC should have ordinarily done this in 48 hours after that game

Take not: majamajic, OdaNobunaga, swarley75, gabazin080, pat077

1 Like

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Noshitboi(m): 9:36am On Aug 06, 2021
Akwa United is the best of them all. There didn't get through back room politics nor did they bribe their way to be the champions unlike others. Congratulations my darling team! Can't wait to cheer you up inside the best stadium in Nigeria when the CAF champions league begins.

1 Like

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by majamajic(m): 9:44am On Aug 06, 2021
robosky02:

No no no

Recall Rivers united have an outstanding petition against Jigawa Golden stars for fielding an intelligible player who have 5 yellow card and so should not play against Rivers united but was used in the match

Rivers United went to LMC with the fact but I believed believed LMC were doing ojoro

2. Jigawa claimed the mail they sent it to is not the one they are using again....

LMC try to bend the rule in Favour of not just Jigawa Golden stars but perhaps in favour of other interested parties

So Rivers Unites took the case the NFF disciplinary committee.. Who now gave their verdict by saying

Rivers united is right and should be awarded the 3 points and 3 goals. According to the NPFL rules on players intelligibility

Take not: majamajic, OdaNobunaga, swarley75, gabazin080,

Why not take decision since based on that ? Why wait till during final match , not even before final match , but during . Meanwhile the controversial matches happened around 2 months ago , why wait till during final matches ?

2 Likes

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by KingOKON: 9:58am On Aug 06, 2021
Millimann:

Why do you think it was arranged? Go and check Enyimba's away record.

If it was arranged what stopped Kano Pillars and Nassarawa and Jigawa Stars from "arranging" their own matches because they needed the points desperately.

Were you in the stadium? We who watched the match live knew it was well arranged b4 the start of the game
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by robosky02(m): 9:58am On Aug 06, 2021
majamajic:

Why not take decision since based on that ? Why wait till during final match , not even before final match , but during . Meanwhile the controversial matches happened around 2 months ago , why wait till during final matches ?

Yes this should have been done ordinarily in maximum 48 hours after the game

So you see the LMC is the real problem of Nigeria football
There is a simply rule before the league started why try to change it in the middle of the season?

Rivers united had to appealed the wrong done by LMC by going to NFF disciplinary committee who looked at it and said

The rule should be the rule
According to LMC guidelines for the league, “if it is established that, a team intentionally featured a player who had earlier received five (5) yellow cards or red card before the match in question, the affected team will lose three points three goals to its opponent.”

That is why it happen now

Recall when Nigeria played Algeria before the world cup. Nigeria was penalized for using an ineligible player shehu abdullahi

3 points and 3 goals were deducted from Nigeria and was rewarded to Algeria
CAF did not bend the rule to favour anyone.....rules are rule
Nigeria was Lucky we have enough points to qualify us for the last world cup

So if investors should invest in Nigerian league then the LMC should be plain and play by the Rule....

1 Like

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by majamajic(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2021
robosky02:

Yes this should have been done ordinarily in maximum 48 hours after the game

So you see the LMC is the real problem of Nigeria football
There is a simply rule before the league started why try to change it in the middle of the season?

Rivers united had to appealed the wrong done by LMC by going to NFF disciplinary committee who looked at it and said

The rule should be the rule
According to LMC guidelines for the league, “if it is established that, a team intentionally featured a player who had earlier received five (5) yellow cards or red card before the match in question, the affected team will lose three points three goals to its opponent.”

That is why it happen now

Recall when Nigeria played Algeria before the world cup. Nigeria was penalized for using an ineligible player shehu abdullahi

3 points and 3 goals were deducted from Nigeria and was rewarded to Algeria
CAF did not bend the rule to favour anyone.....rules are rule
Nigeria was Lucky we have enough points to qualify us for the last world cup

So if investors should invest in Nigerian league then the LMC should be plain and play by the Rule....

Na u get time for Nigeria league
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Uchasa(m): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2021
ServantOG:
Congratulations to Rivers United.

South-South for CAF cup

I'm a proud PH boy, but the fact is that neither Rivers United nor Akwa United can go far in CAF Champions League angry angry
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by autchman144(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2021
not reflected in the NPFL website.
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by successking40l: 10:48am On Aug 06, 2021
Ajibel:

CAF championship is like UCL
While CAF confederation is like Europa. So it's the lower tier
thanks
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Millimann: 10:56am On Aug 06, 2021
robosky02:

No no no

Rivers United went to LMC with the fact but I believed LMC were doing ojoro

So Rivers Unites took the case to NFF disciplinary committee.. Who now gave their verdict by saying

Take not: majamajic, OdaNobunaga, swarley75, gabazin080, pat077

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not against the LMC awarding the 3 points to Rivers Utd, but resolution of such cases should be done timely, not at a time when it will affect the final league standings.

KingOKON:

Were you in the stadium? We who watched the match live knew it was well arranged b4 the start of the game
You are still not making any point. If you claim you were there show us proof that it was arranged according to you, not making wild claims.
Btw, you have not answered my question: why did Kano Pillars, Rivers Utd and Jigawa stars not "arrange" their own matches as they needed the points desperately?
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by pat077: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2021
My point exactly [quote author=Millimann post=104486140]

I'm not against the LMC awarding the 3 points to Rivers Utd, but resolution of such cases should be done timely, not at a time when it will affect the final league standings.
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by robosky02(m): 11:31am On Aug 06, 2021
Millimann:

Yea

LMC is very poor, very unprofessional

No wonder we can't have even title sponsor to our league

Football is a big business see small African countries getting it right

Imagine Sudanese clubs, Al-Merrikh SC, Congolese clubs TP Mazembe even South African team Momolede sunders etc

Making wave because of good structure

2 Likes

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Fantazy(m): 11:44am On Aug 06, 2021
I will surely miss this league.
It's the Surest to bet on!
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by christejames(m): 11:56am On Aug 06, 2021
successking40l:
CAF championship and CAF confederation .. someone should educate me please what's the difference?

Do you know that there are some infection you can never cure with Oyibo medicine?

Anyway .......

If you know anybody suffering from anything that spells infection e.g wormlike movement in d body,staphylococus,premature ejaculation,tooth ache,stubborn boil, fibroid,piles,cough,no matter how long it have been.call zero seven zero 3964009 seven

CAF Champions League is the apex league competition for Clubs in Africa that won their domestic leagues (apart from few countries allowed to field two entries like Nigeria) just like the UEFA Champions League for Europe.

CAF Confederation Cup is the second most important league on the continent for winners of domestic FA Cup (apart from few countries allowed to field to entries like Nigeria) just like the UEFA Europa League in Europe.
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by christejames(m): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2021
robosky02:

Yea

LMC is very poor, very unprofessional

No wonder we can't have even title sponsor to our league

Football is a big business see small African countries getting it right

Imagine Sudanese clubs, Al-Merrikh SC, Congolese clubs TP Mazembe even South African team Momolede sunders etc

Making wave because of good structure

NPFL just like major leagues across the world are jettisoning the idea of title sponsor for the broader league sponsor which allows different firms to sponsor the league of parts of the leagues as they please against one firm sponsoring it.

When last did you hear Barclay Premier League?

1 Like

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by robosky02(m): 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
christejames:

NPFL just like major leagues across the world are jettisoning the idea of title sponsor for the broader league sponsor which allows different firms to sponsor the league of parts of the leagues as they please against one firm sponsoring it.

When last did you hear Barclay Premier League?

Good idea

But in Nigeria we don't even have one sponsor let alone...

And even Akwa united that won the league have not cash prize

Maybe the governor will just reward them

1 Like

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by KingOKON: 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
Millimann:

You are still not making any point. If you claim you were there show us proof that it was arranged according to you, not making wild claims.
Btw, you have not answered my question: why did Kano Pillars, Rivers Utd and Jigawa stars not "arrange" their own matches as they needed the points desperately?

In the first place how come awarding Rivers United 3 points is arranged?
Secondly, I don't recall mentioning you anywhere so why don't mind ya 4kin biz if you aren't called in
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Millimann: 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
KingOKON:

In the first place how come awarding Rivers United 3 points is arranged?
Secondly, I don't recall mentioning you anywhere so why don't mind ya 4kin biz if you aren't called in
1. I never complained about the 3 points for Rivers It's. I only complained about the timing of LMC's decision.

2. You can see where you mentioned me but you're saying you didn't.

3. I never insulted you but you have started now.

1 Like

Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by KingOKON: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Millimann:

1. I never complained about the 3 points for Rivers It's. I only complained about the timing of LMC's decision.

2. You can see where you mentioned me but you're saying you didn't.

3. I never insulted you but you have started now.

Don't bring any timing here, the league has ended and representative for continental tournaments known.
Stop every complain of whatsoever
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Bahamas95(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
Las Las they won't still qualify from their groups.

Mumu NPFL.
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by Millimann: 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
KingOKON:

Don't bring any timing here, the league has ended and representative for continental tournaments known.
Stop every complain of whatsoever

I didn't even know that you can't communicate in simple English. I don't banter with illiterate morons.

I won't reply you again.
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by KingOKON: 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
Millimann:

I didn't even know that you can't communicate in simple English. I don't banter with illiterate morons.

I won't reply you again.

Mr "I didn't even know" you are dumber than a grain of rice
Re: NPFL Final Day: Rivers United For CAF Champions League, Enyimba For Confed. Cup by ukukaegbu(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
Millimann:

I won't reply you again.

See finishing!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chiamaka Nnadozie Nominated For Player Of The Month In The French League / List Of Teams That Have Never Been Relegated From The Major Top Divisions / Which Of These EPL Clubs Has The Highest Number Of Fans In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.