Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Be Thou Perfect - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Thou Perfect (113 Views)

Be Thou Perfect / "Only Be Thou Strong And Very Courageous." / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Thou Perfect by kpakpandoN(m): 7:14am On Aug 06, 2021
There are many misconceptions about the demand of God for perfection. These misconceptions have led some people to conclude that perfection is unrealistic and so should be abandoned in the Christian walk. My prayer is that the power of God will come upon you today and you will live in perfection as God demands, in Jesus name.

Why do people see Gods demand for our perfection as unrealistic? people think that perfection is to be attained by our strength. This is simply not so. Nobody can attain anything by his or her own strength (1 Samuel 2:9). We need the power and wisdom of God for perfection. The problem, however, is the belief of many that perfection is unattainable. They lack faith in God to help them become perfect. This is why the Bible says:
“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
Hebrews 11:6

Unbelief breeds disobedience as in the case of the first man and woman. They doubted the word of God and fell into imperfection through this unbelief! This was unlike Abraham in our text of today. Thus, if you are struggling with unbelief, pray like that man whose child was tormented by demons “…Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief” (Mark 9:24).

When people see a state of human perfection as a mission impossible, it is simply because they do not understand the concept from the point of view of the Lord. How does God see perfection? You are perfect based on your obedience to what God asks you to do even when it is neither logically nor politically correct. Once you obey, He justifies you. We are justified through faith in the Son of the Living God (Romans 8:33). Perfection and holiness share the same factor that makes them realistic and that is obedience. Are you always obedient to the word of God? If you are, I congratulate you. If not, you must repent today, because tomorrow may be too late.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

God's Judgement Coming On An Unrepentant And Wicked World / Mountain Top Life (MFM) Daily Devotional 18th August 2021 – The Test Of Faith (3 / A Prayer For Opportunity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.