Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" (39239 Views)

Why Department Of State Services DSS Arrested Paul Enenche, Dele Momodu & Dino / Garba Shehu: We’ll Soon Unveil Big Men Behind Oil Theft / Peter Obi And The Last ‘Big Men’ By Chidi Amuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by ijustdey: 10:32am On Aug 06, 2021
DSS on Thursday said it does not detain Nigerians for “big men” as alleged by a former media aide to the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua, Olusegun Adeniyi, in his article.

Human rights activist and Amnesty International designated Prisoner of Conscience, Omoyele Sowore, has chronicled at least seven cases where the Department of State Services arrested innocent Nigerians on the orders of or in connection with some big men in the country.

Sowore was reacting to a terse statement from the DSS on Thursday saying it did not detain Nigerians for “big men” as alleged by a former media aide to the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua, Olusegun Adeniyi, in his article.

The human rights’ activist, Sowore, in a response, catalogued some of the cases when the secret police detained Nigerians for big men, adding that the DSS was the “hushpuppi” of Nigeria’s security agencies.

He said, “In Response To Lawless DSS Threat Against Segun Adeniyi and the fact that it doesn’t detain people on behalf of Nigerian big men! These are some facts: Huge lie! The DSS is the HushPuppie of security agencies in Nigeria.

“Their directors told me that my detention was prolonged because I reported that the late Chief of Staff to Buhari, Abba Kyari collected N500million from MTN. Then they sent a delegation led by the late Isa Funtua to ask me to apologise to Muhammadu Buhari for insulting him on ARISETV.

When I refused, they charged me to court with stupid charges which they later reduced to “treasonable felony.” I met a guy who was released same day as us who was jailed for eight months because he purportedly scammed his boss who is friends with the DG DSS and a director. He nearly died because he won’t eat for 21 days.

“A guy had his tendon cut because he stole foreign currency from a retired DG of DSS. Another guy had kidney disease after a prolonged hunger strike because he was opposed to the president of Chad, Idris Derby who is also now late. What about the case of Emperor Ogbonna who was detained because he had an issue with his state Governor Okezie Ikpeazu (Isi leather slippers).

“The most brazen and recent was the illegal detention of Anthony Okolie from Asaba, Delta State. Anthony was detained for 10 weeks because he unknowingly purchased an MTN SIM card previously owned by Hanan Buhari.

“Even in our latest encounter with the #Dunamis5 it was revealed that Dr. Paul Enenche told DSS to detain the five young activists for safe keeping because they wore #BuhariMustGo Tshirts to his church.

“Their final evacuation from the church security post was coordinated by a DSS director who was a senior member of his church. It is reason they don’t let people have access to their lawyers and families during detention. They also make their victims sign non-disclosure agreements after they are released. DSS is a criminal organisation. We need a revolution to hold all these criminals to account. #RevolutionNow.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/06/seven-cases-where-department-state-services-detained-nigerians-%E2%80%98big-men%E2%80%99

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by ChiefSosa(m): 10:37am On Aug 06, 2021
Super obvious points!!. Since I was born and I've been able to know my right from my left; I've ALWAYS known that Nigerian security officials are CORRUPT and always detain people for Big men.
This stupid practice is not new and I seriously wonder why the DSS is denying. It's totally ridiculous for them to deny this, & it shows how shallow DSS can go because of certain benefits they're getting.

The audacity in which they deny is extremely baffling, even when they see evidences.
May thunder mixed with spices of eternal suffering strike anybody that's still supporting this evil government.

217 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by mountmoriah(m): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2021
Nigerians are watching, he who is called to serve must serve uprightly, with the fear of God in mind, because the position you occupied today maybe someone else position tomorrow, life is very easy to understand if we try our best to do good, in whatever position we find ourselves, Abba Kyari a very wonderful case study, this time last year he never knew this will befall him.

meanwhile

check my signature

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Ammishaddai: 10:43am On Aug 06, 2021
The DSS is the tool the ruling class uses to persecute the poor in our society . This is a fact that has not only become glaring ,but also worrisome to those of us who seek a better Nigeria

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Aidejay(m): 10:43am On Aug 06, 2021
See, once DSS nab u, it means only 1 thing. Na person send them. One big man or woman. I swear that is their major work...yes sir and yes ma. Nothing else.
I can beat my chest now! In confidence that there is at least 5 innocent people who are in DSS custody Because one OGA said so.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by yanabasee1(m): 10:50am On Aug 06, 2021
It's the system....

It's been like that all along and the poor masses suffers it the most....

The rich have been using their influence to bully the poor in this part of the world and will openly inform you that you can't do them anything... And truly you can't, because the police will be easily bribed... and if you succeed to taking the case to court, the justice will be easily bribed....

Abba Kyari.... You will likely make this change for the poor masses of this act is exposed to the world...

I've often advocated for the other tiers of government to be independent of the president's choice of appointing the head...

Literally, the president appoints the leaders of the NASS on a low key... Appoints the IG of police. Appoints the head of the electoral body.. Appoints the head of the judiciary body... Appoints the military heads and all the heads of the MDAs.... This way, the people lobbying for this positions will have a long connection from the state level to the national level and that's how the people involve in such appoints will be having negative influence to others in the society...

These people appointed will be loyal to the president... And not the people who voted the president....

37 Likes

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by JohnBullMySon: 10:50am On Aug 06, 2021
Ammishaddai:
The DSS is the tool the ruling class uses to persecute the poor in our society . This is fact that has not only become glaring ,but also worrisome to those of us who seek a better Nigeria
It was always glaring. it's just that Buhari administration has overmisused them. In fact, that is the reason they were created, to make sure nobody rises against or tampers with the ruling class. They were created after a coup failed, to ensure things like that don't happen again. See how they are well equipped compared to the rest of our security forces.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Ammishaddai: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
It was always glaring. it's just that Buhari administration has overmisused them. In fact, that is the reason they were created, to make sure nobody rises against or tampers with the ruling class. They were created after a coup failed, to ensure things like that don't happen again. See how they are well equipped compared to the rest of our security forces.
True ...

8 Likes

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by festacman(m): 10:55am On Aug 06, 2021
Truth be told, illegal detention for money is common among security agencies in Nigeria. They take large sums of money from influential and wealthy persons to frame and detain enemies in their families, villages, trade and politics. In most cases, the detention is to keep the enemy away to enable a plot, an event or a project to be executed. For example:

How on earth did a responsible Abba town industrialist got suddenly arrested for firearm possession, at a critical period, when his town was fighting a popular Billionaire from a neighbouring town over a piece of land in Anambra State?

Now if above relatively high profile case happened, then one can imagine what happen to NOBODIES in remote towns and villages. Unfortunately, some of these enemies end up as Awaiting Trial inmates or morgue statistics.

However, the irony of this whole thing is inspite of our HYPOCRISY and PRETENSION, most Nigerians would NATURALLY use money, kinship, friendship or sex (for females) to induce police officers or friendly soldiers to teach their enemies a bitter lesson if they have the opportunity or the connection. #Reality

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 06, 2021
Ndi ara....
Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Faiththatworks(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
I will never forget how I was almost arrested by a guy claiming he's from the DSS,a case of Bitcoin that was transferred into an account I can't access led me to the office of the Assistant commissioner of police,thank God I went to see the officer in charge with my lawyer, immediately I stepped out of the ACP office,the complainant had already reported to the DSS,and the guy told me to my face if I hadn't come with my lawyer,I would have ended up in the DSS office.
The DSS guy kept claiming the complainant was the junior brother to the an ex Director of the DSS,and he wanted to take over the case,it was that day I realized that you need God,a lawyer and mighty connection to survive in Nigeria.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by 143WaZoBia: 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Charmingrascal(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
The Nigerian Police
The Nigerian Military
The Department of State security (DSS)
And recently the Nigerian Customs are cursed establishments.

They became worse under this Buhari's regime of sorrow, blood and tears.

Y'all security operatives that have been involved in illegal arrest, torture and murder of innocent citizens will not know peace.
From the most superior to the least Officer any of you who have caused sorrows to families the sorrow you have caused people will never cease from your family.

So shall it be!!
Ito oni bale ko pada senu.
Kose kose ni ti ilakose.

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by punisha: 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
Listening to that idiot rant about how DSS isn't used by private individuals who have feuds with others I laughed so hard.

Their operations are even the most inhumane and unethical. U will wish it was NPF that u were dealing with should they be used as attack dogs.

OP your list is quite short.
There are a hundred more cases where these same set of security arm have showed how compromised they are in carrying out their duties effectively.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Racoon(m): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
This organization have been reduced to a cult group as instrument of state terror.Shameless unintelligent DSS.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
Make una unlock bbnaija 2021 thread oooo. Abi DSS Don detain the mod in charge
Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by chimezieeze98: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Sonnobax15(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
cheesy
Nigerian matter don tire me..
Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by SarakiBukola: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
angry

A family friend fathered some bastards.

His wife used the DSS to pick the external wife tongue

After all the harassment, they still couldn't return the kids to his balls grin

Moral of the story : use a silencer for your outside missions shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by babzo(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
Sowore. Always fighting for the weak, down trodden, oppressed and masses even though many will still abuse him!
If the guy want to hammer; he could have collected billions from Yaradua cabal, GEJ, or Buhari goons.
Respect sir!
But my guy, please try reason o- many of these people you are fighting for no send you o. Protect yourself and your future.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by resenne(f): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
This isn't a new thing...the DSS works hand in hand with politicians to oppress the poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by IgweOfNnewi: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by MEGA4BILLION(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
One day the people who impose detainer on detainees shall one day be detained.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Generalwoodz(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
Everyone knows DSS is the government's elimination Machine

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Freebandz365: 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
Good evening nairalanders

I sell Airtel and MTN data at affordable rate

1k=4gb
2k=10gb

Validity=30 days

Please patronize me.
WhatsApp number 08082077444

Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Ifabernard(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
Our security services are crippled and can easily be manipulated by these stupid big men all because of small change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by paulolee(m): 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
Sorry to derail.....arsenal fans is this true??

2 Likes

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by affable4(m): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
Some news just have a way of stirring up bile in your system. You just can feel the taste in your mouth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Cases Where Department Of State Services Detained Nigerians For "Big Men" by Proflere: 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
Seven cases that we know.. there are other 7,777,777,777 that we don't know about.

I disowned my uncle immediately he joined the police. God forbid bad thing.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-zakzaky Discharges Self From Hospital, Returns To Nigeria / Meet Uzoma Asagwara, Nigerian-Born Canadian Lawmaker / Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.