Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,307 members, 7,780,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:47 PM

6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders (47628 Views)

Rotimi Akeredolu, Other Governors Who Died In Office / 10 Former Governors Who May Suffer Orji Uzor Kalu’s Fate / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by ourema(f): 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
Moviezone:
You can copy HD Movies of 2021 and more into your hard drive if you are resident in Port Harcourt.
Or
Buy Preloaded 500gb,1tb external hard drive filled to capacity with HD movies and sent to any location of choice.

My Number is on my signature
How much I live in Borokiri
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by 02Kebreal(m): 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
ORTOM TOO?
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by nnamdi640: 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
dangoteinlaw:
I was expecting to see more yoruba governors there but then i start wondering why a highly educated governor thinks his ppl needs kEroSEnE
Hahahahaha! The case of Gadollar made me to think twice about Phd.
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Kaiser20: 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
I said some citizens in this country are the reasons the politicians are not working.
Imagine celebrating a PhD certificate for governors who can not attracted any investment to his states
No job creations & salaries not paid
No adequate security
No Welfare services for citizens
Medical care zero.
What is the use of a PhD that can't add value to the lives of the people.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Proffdada: 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
perambulator:

stop that nonsense!!!!!
You want flog me because the truth is bitter? Even if he paid for it, they offer PhD in university of Belize and you can't change the fact
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Benrosaria(m): 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
SamuelOamen:

https://thenationonlineng.net/6-nigerian-governors-who-are-ph-d-holders/

And how has their qualifications sustained the life and health of their constituency they are heading
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Fortez: 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
Who bought phd
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Remite011(m): 11:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
ivolt:
Only 2 of the 6 display any evidence of advance education.
pls clarify, Zulum and who?
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by OLULAW: 11:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
1. Samuel Ortom (Benue State) He earned his Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D from the Commonwealth University, Belize through distance learning in 2014. Degree mill PhD.

2. Abdullahi Ganduje(Kano State) He returned to Ahmadu Bello University to receive…his doctorate in Public Administration from University of Ibadan in 1993. ABU, reportedly has always been a solid university. Even so, I’m personally never impressed with the educational system in the North. You could hold LLB from there in Islamic Law, studying sharia and other nonsensical stuff. How that compares with LLB from Ife or Lagos is no brainier. It doesn’t.

3. Benedict Ayade (Cross River State) Believed as the most educated sitting Governor in Nigeria, Ben Ayade was born on March 2nd 1968. He is a native of Obudu local government area. He earned his first B.Sc. (Honours) from University of Ibadan in 1988. He proceeded to obtain his M.Sc in Microbiology in 1980 and his Ph.D in Environmental Microbiology from the same University in 1994. He also holds a Master of Business Administration certificate from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State and LLB Law Degree from Delta State University. also worked as a lecturer at Delta State University, Abraka, where he was subsequently appointed professor. Solid in his scientific educational pursuits. The MBA and LLB seems a spoiler for me, though. It sounds like army generals in the 80s and 90s dubiously gaining LLBs from Nigerian universities whilst serving in war torn Liberia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, etc. Any of you in lectures and exam halls with Oladipo Diya who “studied” and gained his LLB whilst serving as a top military brass?

4. Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia State) Okezie Victor Ikpeazu was born on October 18, 1964 in Obingwa Local Government of Abia State. He earned his first B.Sc. (Hons.) degree from University of Maiduguri where he studied Clinical Biochemistry. He returned to the University for his M.Sc Degree in Biochemical Toxicology after his National Youth Service and graduated in 1990. He obtained a Doctorate Degree, Ph.D in Biochemical Pharmacology from the University of Calabar at 30 in 1994. Solid all round.

5. Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti State) Fayemi earned his degrees in History, Politics and International Relations from the University of Lagos and University of Ife. He is Chairman of the Governor’s Forum. He obtained his Doctorate program in War studies from King’s College London, specializing in civil-military relations. I won’t expect anything less from the lad from Christ’s School Ado Ekiti. The old Ondo State produced the highest number of professors, nationally. He capped his educational career with a PhD from the prestigious King’s College, University of London.

6. Babagana Zulum (Borno State)
Zulum completed his primary and secondary school in 1985 and proceeded to study at the University Of Maiduguri, where he obtained a degree in Agriculture Engineering. He obtained his Master’s degree in the same course in 1998 from the University of Ibadan and completed a PhD in soil and Water Engineering in 2009 from the University of Maiduguri. He became a professor in University of Maiduguri in 2010 where he had started as an assistant lecturer since 2000. He is a certified COREN Engineer. Impressive excepting my reservations about the standard of education in Northern Nigeria. Also, becoming a professor within 10 years seems to undermine that prestigious position. It’s not attainable at OAU, UNN, UNILAG, UI, etc.
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by PlanktonX: 12:46am On Aug 07, 2021
What's the impacts of those paperficate.
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Lightorder: 1:04am On Aug 07, 2021
abc115:
Commonwealth University, Belize is a fake University...Ortom is having a fake P.hD...

No B.Sc, No M.Sc...., only Diploma and he is accepted to do P.hD, P.hD in what?

https://www.nairaland.com/2589439/benue-state-governor-fake-phd
oga,wetin you drink? Because you have just wasted your data arguing for nothing over your keyboard . Go and arrested him
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by jabbo(m): 1:34am On Aug 07, 2021
OLULAW:
1. Samuel Ortom (Benue State) He earned his Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D from the Commonwealth University, Belize through distance learning in 2014. Degree mill PhD.

2. Abdullahi Ganduje(Kano State) He returned to Ahmadu Bello University to receive…his doctorate in Public Administration from University of Ibadan in 1993. ABU, reportedly has always been a solid university. Even so, I’m personally never impressed with the educational system in the North. You could hold LLB from there in Islamic Law, studying sharia and other nonsensical stuff. How that compares with LLB from Ife or Lagos is no brainier. It doesn’t.

3. Benedict Ayade (Cross River State) Believed as the most educated sitting Governor in Nigeria, Ben Ayade was born on March 2nd 1968. He is a native of Obudu local government area. He earned his first B.Sc. (Honours) from University of Ibadan in 1988. He proceeded to obtain his M.Sc in Microbiology in 1980 and his Ph.D in Environmental Microbiology from the same University in 1994. He also holds a Master of Business Administration certificate from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State and LLB Law Degree from Delta State University. also worked as a lecturer at Delta State University, Abraka, where he was subsequently appointed professor. Solid in his scientific educational pursuits. The MBA and LLB seems a spoiler for me, though. It sounds like army generals in the 80s and 90s dubiously gaining LLBs from Nigerian universities whilst serving in war torn Liberia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, etc. Any of you in lectures and exam halls with Oladipo Diya who “studied” and gained his LLB whilst serving as a top military brass?

4. Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia State) Okezie Victor Ikpeazu was born on October 18, 1964 in Obingwa Local Government of Abia State. He earned his first B.Sc. (Hons.) degree from University of Maiduguri where he studied Clinical Biochemistry. He returned to the University for his M.Sc Degree in Biochemical Toxicology after his National Youth Service and graduated in 1990. He obtained a Doctorate Degree, Ph.D in Biochemical Pharmacology from the University of Calabar at 30 in 1994. Solid all round.

5. Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti State) Fayemi earned his degrees in History, Politics and International Relations from the University of Lagos and University of Ife. He is Chairman of the Governor’s Forum. He obtained his Doctorate program in War studies from King’s College London, specializing in civil-military relations. I won’t expect anything less from the lad from Christ’s School Ado Ekiti. The old Ondo State produced the highest number of professors, nationally. He capped his educational career with a PhD from the prestigious King’s College, University of London.

Zulum completed his primary and secondary school in 1985 and proceeded to study at the University Of Maiduguri, where he obtained a degree in Agriculture Engineering. He obtained his Master’s degree in the same course in 1998 from the University of Ibadan and completed a PhD in soil and Water Engineering in 2009 from the University of Maiduguri. He became a professor in University of Maiduguri in 2010 where he had started as an assistant lecturer since 2000. He is a certified COREN Engineer. Impressive excepting my reservations about the standard of education in Northern Nigeria. Also, becoming a professor within 10 years seems to undermine that prestigious position. It’s not attainable at OAU, UNN, UNILAG, UI, etc.

You have to be an ethnic bigot to have written the stuff above. So Ikepeazu, even though his bachelor's and master's degree were obtained from University of Maiduguri, is okay with you. Zulum obtained his bachelor's from University of Maiduguri and master's from University of Ibadan, but you think it is not okay as you doubt Northern education. Similarly, Ganduje, even though his PhD was awarded by University of Ibadan, but because his bachelor's and master's degree were from ABU, so it is not okay as it is a Northern University, huh? Going by your logic, you should also question the quality of Ikepeazu's degrees.

I know your type and I can see it right through your eyes that you are a bigot who thinks that there are no brilliant Northerners, and that the ones who are successful are so because they were educated in Northern schools. I have travelled far and wide within Nigeria and can tell you that Southern schools are no better. I have given task at work to some graduates from these schools you brag about and the output, terrible. That doesn't mean I have not seen ones who have impressed me. But as for you, everyone with a Northern education is bad.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Perfectbeing(m): 1:42am On Aug 07, 2021
Did you just bring one from each geo political zone or there are actually just one from each geo political zone?
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by NnamdiN: 4:03am On Aug 07, 2021
Just this past week, I was wishing phd would be made a minimum requirement for any political office.
But with these names and their performances(Zulum being the only exception) , omo if no be God send you, dey your village abeg.
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Agugbadin: 4:38am On Aug 07, 2021
ivolt:
Only 2 of the 6 display any evidence of advance education.

Absolutely correct
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Eroms4life17(m): 4:56am On Aug 07, 2021
And we're they able to bring their experience to bear?? Noooooooooo. They are a disgrace from both parties. Check my signature

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by neighbourhud: 6:19am On Aug 07, 2021
Only Ganduje is using his qualification well.
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Poleski: 6:20am On Aug 07, 2021
Being a PhD holder in Nigeria doesn't produce a good leader.
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by ebuclassic18(m): 6:57am On Aug 07, 2021
stupid empty PhDs they know nothing
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by lexy2014: 6:58am On Aug 07, 2021
tillaman:
Ben Ayade is smart though,
I can’t say the same for Ikpeazu

Ayade is smart in what way?
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by lexy2014: 7:01am On Aug 07, 2021
SamuelOamen:

How have they used their Ph.d to improve d standard of living in their states? Have we seen evidence of Ph.d in d way they govern? Is promoting hisbah a reflection of Ph.d?
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by lexy2014: 7:01am On Aug 07, 2021
neighbourhud:
Only Ganduje is using his qualification well.

To propagate hisbah
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by abc115: 7:59am On Aug 07, 2021
OLULAW:

Your sense of reasoning and education is questionable.

Ikeapzu graduated from University of Maiduguri ...he is solid all round according to your myopic view.

Zulum graduated from the same University, you have reservations about the standard of education in Northern Nigeria...

Even Ganduje having doctorate in Public Administration from University of Ibadan in 1993 did not open your eyes... you still went to write how inferior northern education on his bio.

You must have graduated from Southern University that thought you not to have logical reasoning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Ichabodcrane(m): 8:11am On Aug 07, 2021

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by rikithor(m): 8:33am On Aug 07, 2021
Education, however little, is to provide solutions to.man an society, in the case of some Nigerian PhD holders it is to rig elections as per profs iwu,jega,yakubu,okon et al,there are more profs in corridor of corruption and public disservice. Insignificant contributions to public good,liabilities to even the illiterates.
Useless profs mortgaging conscience for a spoon of Esau's porridge.

Learn how to drive and add value to your life,career and society at large.
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by TLE900: 8:42am On Aug 07, 2021
Na only one de justify him PHD which is Zulum. The PHD of the rest can be justified. Their PHD has no resultant effect.
SamuelOamen:

Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by xreal: 9:56am On Aug 07, 2021
I am not surprised seeing Ekiti on the list.
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by OLULAW: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2021
Lightorder:
oga,wetin you drink? Because you have just wasted your data arguing for nothing over your keyboard . Go and arrested him

Illiterate. He's raised a valid point. How could anyone without Bachelor's and master's degrees be admitted into a doctorate degree. I'm not surprised that happened because it's a degree mill.
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by OLULAW: 10:49am On Aug 07, 2021
jabbo:

You have to be an ethnic bigot to have written the stuff above. So Ikepeazu, even though his bachelor's and master's degree were obtained from University of Maiduguri, is okay with you. Zulum obtained his bachelor's from University of Maiduguri and master's from University of Ibadan, but you think it is not okay as you doubt Northern education. Similarly, Ganduje, even though his PhD was awarded by University of Ibadan, but because his bachelor's and master's degree were from ABU, so it is not okay as it is a Northern University, huh? Going by your logic, you should also question the quality of Ikepeazu's degrees.

I know your type and I can see it right through your eyes that you are a bigot who thinks that there are no brilliant Northerners, and that the ones who are successful are so because they were educated in Northern schools. I have travelled far and wide within Nigeria and can tell you that Southern schools are no better. I have given task at work to some graduates from these schools you brag about and the output, terrible. That doesn't mean I have not seen ones who have impressed me. But as for you, everyone with a Northern education is bad.

I didn't study in any Nigerian university. And, to be honest with you, I have little to no respect for qualifications awarded by sex and cash for grades Nigerian Universities. That said, in my estimation, Federal Universities in South West and South Eastern Nigeria until mid (maybe up to the late) 1990s were better than those in Northern Nigeria by any stretch of the imagination. Things haven't improved in Nigeria since then. So, the downward trend is no brainer. If anything, gaining a PhD from Southern Nigeria Universities, in my estimation, shores up any deficits and deficiencies in the previously earned degrees from the "ba turenchi" Northern Nigerian universities.
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by sencekompis: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2021
BUY PHD in northern Islamic of Nigeria for 200 naira, Awon werey gbogbo
Re: 6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders by Ladele07(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mega Party: Atiku, Tinubu, Makarfi’s PDP Target March 2017 Date / Nigerians Storm Abuja House In London To Mark Buhari's 100 Days Absence. Photos / INEC Server Shows Buhari Lost 2019 Election - Atiku, PDP Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.