Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine (27966 Views)

Vacancy For Goods Loaders And Water Carriers (males Only) 40k In Osapa-london / Married People With Children Earning Below 30k, How Do You Survive? / I Made 40k In A Week. It's Easy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by lebete3000: 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
Mcslize:

Exactly. Their are many things men should cut down on to be able to save.

If they can identify those things and moderate them or stop them, they will be able to save.

Once I know something is becoming a habit that always suck money from my pocket, I stop it instantly before it becomes an addiction.

What if it has become an addiction?
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Iamnick(m): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2021
It takes the mind to build a man up
If you have to struggle o
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by BROWNEMMANUEL26: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
2pep:

You should stop misinforming people about forex alot losses involved. Forex itself is very volatile, it takes time and practice to achive your said goal.
Don't mind him, talking as if is something that will start yielding profit without loss
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Mcslize: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
lebete3000:

What if it has become an addiction?

An addiction can be stopped. It requires discipline. Once you can discipline yourself, there is no addiction one cannot be free from.
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by bizhop01: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2021
Greatness87:
With your 80k salary, you can spend the money as follows
20k for foodstuffs
10k for your personal expenses
10k for your mum's upkeep
That is 40k. Then you save 40k monthly

20k for foodstuffs?

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by sammieguze(m): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
I laugh in Spanish.

10k for personal expenses kwa?
lol...
I don't think you live in Lagos.

in this same Lagos that from my house to the nearest bus stop alone is 150-200.
If I want to go to Oshodi there from my house around Iyana Ipaja, 800 would disappear.

20k for foodstuffs sef is a joke

Think of recharge cards, pure water bags,nepa bills(that hit can be crazy sometimes)waste disposal... you are on a long thing
Greatness87:
20k for foodstuffs

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
jaxxy:

If I recommend you a book that cud literally and practically solve ur problem will u read it??
Don't know about him, but I would.
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
lebete3000:

See your name sef. Bad boy for Life.
You dey surely carry okpo, na why all your money dey finish be that.

Just got a job that'll be paying me 220k per month. Got a side hustle that fetches me 120k/month as well. I pray I'm able to save at least 250k/month meen.

Lol that name was for when men were boys. Besides there is different beside surviving and living. In as much as I try to save cost I won't deny my self of somethings. Besides saving in nigeria is a waste of time just move your money to investments. That 100k went on my car leg 23k fuel 5k momsy 20k I see one better Jean and top 10k. My long time friend who was always there for me came visiting we go chop fish and drinks 11k owing a friend 17k paid. My neighbors son who complain noting to eat and all 5k for hin milk and cereal the rest. Just went on feeding.

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by The5DME(m): 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
Aloysius10:
there are still good professional forex trader who is willing to give you all the necessary proof of identification so you can invest and make steady daily income and also teach you how to trade as well
rest bros. You're a scammer. No one will dm u for forex training.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by hybridblood07(m): 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2021
If you don't spend on transportation, you're far better than someone who earns 100k. You better find a way to start saving at least 50k every month for future use. Also think about unnecessary things that makes you spend more to cut off or down. That's my only advise for you sir
ebijimi7:
My dear I don't spend in transport my place if work is a Stone throw from my house and I do buy food stuff monthly and put in the house but the economy this days is just something else
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by zexy2030(m): 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
blizard44:

Do you live in Lagos?

I bet, no.

All these calculations no dey work for Lagos nah.

You'll be earning 200k and spending with all sense of prudency yet you won't have 20k in savings at the end of the month.

The thing be like JuJu. grin

People go dey work for island dey collect 250k yet dem go still dey live for Pako Estate.

You know how many people dey live for General Paint, Kuramo , Jakande and Maroko endless shanties?

Half of the islanders live in these holes and earn way more than 100k.

Even to buy one polo na problem.

Who born you make you fit chop belleful for Lagos? Can you afford it? 1k go down for one sitting.

Imagine say you chop three times. cheesy

I can relate.
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by zexy2030(m): 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lawalemi:
My brother, na die o.

You would see people at bus stop waiting for hours just because of 50 naira difference in transport fare. 200 - 250
grin
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by zexy2030(m): 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
Cobiomak:
Guy you are salary is fairly okay

But I have manage N25K job

I left it 2019 November in fact the money finish that week I collect it

grin grin grin grin angry angry
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by zexy2030(m): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
Aloysius10:
A 14yrs old boy learnt forex and is now racking in millions of naira for his dad the dad is just foodstuff seller now with the help of the income from forex trading he is now an importer and exporting
Bros stop emphasizing on things u know u can truly predict, I traded too but it takes a while lot of time to successfully trade, only if the learner understands. It requires patience, discipline and endurance.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by lebete3000: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
Badb0y4lyf:

Lol that name was for when men were boys. Besides there is different beside surviving and living. In as much as I try to save cost I won't deny my self of somethings. Besides saving in nigeria is a waste of time just move your money to investments. That 100k went on my car leg 23k fuel 5k momsy 20k I see one better Jean and top 10k. My long time friend who was always there for me came visiting we go chop fish and drinks 11k owing a friend 17k paid. My neighbors son who complain noting to eat and all 5k for hin milk and cereal the rest. Just went on feeding.

Continue blowing money under the guise of not denying yourself somethings. The Investment wey you dey talk about, the money go fall from sky like manna ba? Nobhe from your savings you go get the Investment money? Abi you go squat and poop it out of your tiny bunghole?

Go ask Warren Buffet and the likes how they made their money. They were very niggardly. and instead invested their savings. Whatever you see them buying today is from their interests and never from their capital.

You've heard car is a luxury, except it's putting money in your pocket.

Once bought a ride for 500k, yet spent 700k fixing it after I bashed it; eventually sold it 300k. As i dey now car na d last tin for my mind till I open my beer parlor.

Atleast people like you can coman continue blowing your money with us while you continue to not deny yourself and indulge yourself.

We'll treat you very well, you know sey you be customer daada ni.

Your type go still broke even if you make 2million/month, no be curse because you no fit learn.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Loveknitting: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
Agbebakun22:

Lagos hard oo, went to buy some soup ingredients for market few days ago about 8k leave my pocket, we're just two I and my cousin... Na three days that soup last us... I carry 8k stuff reach house with small black nylon

Hahahahaha

I'm not laughing at you, just remember what happened to me on Saturday, 4k gone, with nothing to show for, I was shocked for hours,
Nigeria is really really hard right now, that is why the level of crime have increased.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by zexy2030(m): 4:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
Adol84:
The truth is, you are not being prudent in spending. It seems like you sepnd extravagantly. I am sorry about the remarks coz I mean no harm. Since you are not paying house rent and not spending on transportation, you should be able to save very well. Open another bank account without atm card and app, as soon as you are paid, transfer 40k or 50k to the account, then use the rest to take care of the family needs. I am a government secondary teacher. At my grade level now, I am not paid more than 50k. But, as my level goes up, the salary goes up. Yet, I save some money every month and I intend to settle down soon. Even here in the South East, things are getting skyrocketing day by day. I used to live in a room and parlour but had to leave coz of the high cost of the house rents at 20k monthly. If you take alcohol or spend on women, reduce it. Plan yourself and push out your money to the new account immediately it enters. Better days are coming. Live well.
Are u male or female.
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lawalemi:
My brother, na die o.

You would see people at bus stop waiting for hours just because of 50 naira difference in transport fare. 200 - 250
All because they want to make ends meet.

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Buffalo2(m): 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
Greatness87:
20k for foodstuffs
On paper bah?

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by afroxyz: 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
You are not spending money on tfare and hiuse rent and you are complainjg. Now that you are still with your parents better start investing a portion like 20k in mutual funds. Remove that money u would pay for rent and invest it.

Dont mind people saying with 80k you cant survive. All those drivers and security guards dont have two heads. But the earlier you start investing, the better for u.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Brace up for the indoor and out of the world analysts..

There are people in Lagos living below that and you dare not see some of them drop comments here and there are also people earning more who don't reside in Lagos who will just shake their head and move on. It's always different strokes for different folks
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by MMXX: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
lebete3000:

Continue blowing money under the guise of not denying yourself somethings. The Investment wey you dey talk about, the money go fall from sky like manna ba? Nobhe from your savings you go get the Investment money? Abi you go squat and poop it out of your tiny bunghole?

Go ask Warren Buffet and the likes how they made their money. They were very niggardly. and instead invested their savings. Whatever you see them buying today is from their interests and never from their capital.

You've heard car is a luxury, except it's putting money in your pocket.

Once bought a ride for 500k, yet spent 700k fixing it after I bashed it; eventually sold it 300k. As i dey now car na d last tin for my mind till I open my beer parlor.

Atleast people like you can coman continue blowing your money with us while you continue to not deny yourself and indulge yourself.

We'll treat you very well, you know sey you be customer daada ni.

Your type go still broke even if you make 2million/month, no be curse because you no fit learn.
Easy on the harsh words na haba abi na fight undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by tellwisdom: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
Aloysius10:
Don't do gambling or Ponzi or betting get a legit forex trader and get all the necessary proof of identification and you can also sign an agreement and then invest with that person with a peace of mind and be receiving 5% every day it is not every month or week but daily basis

Ogbeni, you are becoming annoying with your rants. Person wey de truly make money no de run up and down the way u de do so.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Emmypure: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
I printed my bank statement last week, I almost cry because only me Don chop 1.3 million only this year and I no fit show anything for the money only cloths and 1 tv

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by OVB123: 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2021
Aloysius10:
Forex is not that easy if you try to learn it on your own but search YouTube videos you'll get knowledge and you can invest little with a trusted trader and be receiving 5% every day yes I mean everyday returns
That is what i am planning to venture into very soon. Things are very hard ooo!
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Skyfornia(m): 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
Mcslize:

Womanising is one thing that is draining most guys pockets. No self control. With the rate of ladies doing runs these days and men that can't control their anacondas, it's quite hard for most to save.

If they tell you how much men spend carrying girls up and down, your mouth will be wide opened. Imagine carrying one girl today, and tomorrow carrying another one. Next day same thing. It becomes an addiction. Most won't admit this. But that's the true reality of most men/guys.

They spend everything on carrying girls. In this era, every man needs to discipline himself if not, they will work for years and nothing to show for it.

My advice to young guys aspiring to have a meaningful saving is they should be wary of the type of girls they date. Dating a materialistic lady will drain a guy. Dating a girl that has no money management skill can wreck a guy.

And those running after runs girls should do it with common sense. All the like of hook up and the rest. While I won't condemn it, but as a guy, it should be done with moderation. Meeting up once a while. It shouldn't be regularly. Some guys hookup 4 times a week. And they spend nothing less than 10-15k in every meeting. That's bad for a guy finance.

Guys should wise up.

You are right about your submission..... nothing more to add

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by caandi: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
They’re just living not really surviving

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by okunola123(m): 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
ebijimi7:
Good day guys
I'm a single guy but I have a family to carter for, and that's my mum and sister.
The problem is I earn 80k in lagos and I don't know its just not enough for me
And I'm not paying a rent I live in family house.
Can someone please tell me how to manage my resources because very soon I would want to stand alone and start my own family.
Thanks.
Try as much as possible saving 50k monthly as contribution with your co workers. You are lucky self. No house rent, no transportation and probably no. NEPA bill. Guy think well and earn better investment for yourself.
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by HEAVEN4444: 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2021
Johnchrix:
God go punish all Landlords/ ladies for Lagos plus all the agents

This is what I was billed

900k and I'm to pay for a year and half

40% agent fee
40% agreement fee
Plus miscellaneous for this SAPA season

Na so I jakpa

Lagos is overrated.

One day I say make i go shit for public toilet, na so the guy tell me say na two minutes I'm give me, like wtf shocked
you sef 2 minutes no do you to shit ?

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by Gfskw: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2021
Suffering and smiling offcourse

1 Like

Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by walkingshadow911: 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2021
Mcslize:

Womanising is one thing that is draining most guys pockets. No self control. With the rate of ladies doing runs these days and men that can't control their anacondas, it's quite hard for most to save.

If they tell you how much men spend carrying girls up and down, your mouth will be wide opened. Imagine carrying one girl today, and tomorrow carrying another one. Next day same thing. It becomes an addiction. Most won't admit this. But that's the true reality of most men/guys.

They spend everything on carrying girls. In this era, every man needs to discipline himself if not, they will work for years and nothing to show for it.

My advice to young guys aspiring to have a meaningful saving is they should be wary of the type of girls they date. Dating a materialistic lady will drain a guy. Dating a girl that has no money management skill can wreck a guy.

And those running after runs girls should do it with common sense. All the like of hook up and the rest. While I won't condemn it, but as a guy, it should be done with moderation. Meeting up once a while. It shouldn't be regularly. Some guys hookup 4 times a week. And they spend nothing less than 10-15k in every meeting. That's bad for a guy finance.

Guys should wise up.

you have just described my neighbour, he do runs every night like his life depends on it. yet he still owing bills grin
Re: How Do People Earning Below 40k In Lagos Live Fine by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2021
Greatness87:
20k for foodstuffs

Lol. We can turn this into a skit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Workforce Is Recruiting For Graduate Executives Nationwide / Celtel Is Recruiting / N-power: 30,000 Volunteers Get New Federal Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.