Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. (35195 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / UPDATE: I've Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / The Most Touching Post On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by staphcures: 1:30am On Aug 14, 2021
Its well .But why Gala dey Advertise often for Nairaland Recently ,Seems Naìralanders love gala wella
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Frenzy01(m): 1:38am On Aug 14, 2021
Ohhh. What a touching story lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Judybash93(m): 1:44am On Aug 14, 2021
People shouldn't give birth to kids they can't take care of
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Hezmatosky: 2:22am On Aug 14, 2021
It's just clear and normal. All fingers are not equal. As the rich kids better than the maids, so the maids better than the beggar. Atleast the maids have a good house to stay, but the beggar might not kiss
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by DenreleDave(m): 2:35am On Aug 14, 2021
Nwachi22:

Where in PH?

Logobenz, why u just dey open different moniker

Seatrade Benz, pls coman answer this lady
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by oloshun(m): 2:50am On Aug 14, 2021
Magnoliaa:
I wonder how or why the picture you painted is caused by religion/the church though...?

Some parents believe they have done the best by bringing a child to the world and the child should face 'suevival of the fittest'. Some believe the little the have, they must tithe so God can bless them more not knowing that their hard-earned money pay the GOs' children school fees. As he explained, the issue is complicated. Imagine the church you pay to is the same children of the pastors that will employ your children as maids. Where is God here. It is purely Friday system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Emeka71(m): 3:02am On Aug 14, 2021
pocohantas:
If not that Nigeria is a shithole, you won’t be caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. In the process of ensuring you do not encourage career begging, you aided another criminal offence, CHILD LABOUR. I am sure that child is under 18 and has no business selling water (or anything at all) in traffic. You did your best, you are not the government or his parents.
So thoughtful.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by pacespot(m): 3:09am On Aug 14, 2021
Fountainofyouth:
I'd rather you locate the boy's parents and offer to sponsor his schooling up to tertiary education, that would be putting a good use of your seatrade money, don't you think so, my Christian brother

So he is now obligated to send the child to school right because of his act of generosity, what a sick mentality of entitlement of black people you just exuded in this post? If you begged someone for N500 and he gave you N100, appreciate him for that alone. That is why people don't want to help these days, Nigerians will turn your act of generosity into entrapment. Why can't you question the child's parents for giving birth to a child they cannot take care of

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by VickyRotex(f): 3:49am On Aug 14, 2021
God bless your kind heart OP!
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Toks2008(m): 3:54am On Aug 14, 2021
Adaanna:
Chai!! God bless you abundantly Amen.

The way some people are treating their maids it's so bad. If you can't treat them like your own why bring them to suffer/punish them?

I always tell people around me to treat people well because you don't know the head that will wear the crown tomorrow.

It's not even about not knowing the head that will..

We ought to treat people with love, respect and dignity regardless of who they are.

It is how we treat people who we can't gain anything from that suggests who we really are...
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by dingbang(m): 3:54am On Aug 14, 2021
Fountainofyouth:
I'd rather you locate the boy's parents and offer to sponsor his schooling up to tertiary education, that would be putting a good use of your seatrade money, don't you think so, my Christian brother
oh no.. People! angry
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by joyousever(f): 4:27am On Aug 14, 2021
Op, you funny no be small. In fact, your writing style cracked me up through the reading grin grin. You said you asked him why he didn't rather get a job rather than begging and you were at the same time shocked at his response of promising to leave the streets if he were given wares to sell, being that he was a minor. Funny you grin.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by kunle75(m): 4:38am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:
Have been very busy all through today trying to fix some things,

So after all that ,decided to go to coldstone to grab some ice cream to calm my head.
Seated inside,wasn't so pleased while I was having it because I saw a lot of things I don't like.

1) Parents pampering unruly children. If you carry that behaviour come close to me I will give you a stern warning infront of your parents regardless the outcome.

2) Treating maids like subhumans. Nigerians are very fond of this, like it's so easy to spot the maid amongst them because usually they cloth them in rags,their hair always turn to baobab tree under their watch whereas their kids always look fly and fresh,they are being talked to so rudely and with so much authority whereas their kids who might probably amount to nothing in life are always spoon-fed and get the best treatments,seated at different tables even though they came together, atleast the one I see today them try buy am ice cream sha undecided

Anyways,got uncomfortable with the whole environment and left.

Got to my car,a kid (10-12yrs)approached me and asked me for food money or something ,didn't respond as I usually never do cos I really don't like begging ,but then as I was about to leave ,I asked the boy why he doesn't get a small job instead rather than beg?
His response shocked me till now.
He told me if I could buy him a box of pure water to sell,that I will not see him there again begging.

Was dumbfounded as I didn't expect that kind of a response from him considering his age and also I thought he was one of those career beggars.

I wanted to give him cash but didn’t have any,I told him I will come back,and left.
Now I wanted to go and withdraw and give him cash but on a second thought, I said why don't I go and get him those wares instead rather than hand him cash?Atleast he will have to work to sell them off to generate cash from it ,which will teach him some principles of money atleast.

Went to the closest store, bought Ten 12bottles/pack bottled water ,load up and head back there.

Looked for him a bit around and later found him sitting helplessly,hopelessly,aimlessly on a culvert looking very frustrated mehn,probably thought I won't come back.That thought still never commot from my head like this.
Anyways,handed them over to him,advised and encouraged him a little,asked how he was gonna refrigerate them?

He said there are some abokis in his street that can do that for him and he will pay them small money.
Asked how he was gonna sell?He said he will take them to pleasure park tomorrow to sell.Was impressed at his sharpness tbh..he had answers to all I was asking even though he was shivering a bit cos he was intimidated or something.

Wished him well,help carry them close to the road,before I could turn to head home ,he had already moved them to the median of the road and I think I saw him counting the bottles or so ,couldn't figure as I passed fast,
Reached a turn,turned again to go add his inventory but dude was already gone.Damn!
Anyways make we dey see...just make we dey see.

I think Nigerian Parents, the church and religion are the reason why children are still experiencing this kind of suffering at this point in humanity.

Felt really bad today mehn,really bad.
It's to be selecting the ones that want to hustle from them and help and leave the career beggars alone .

Children only,no old person.

Please if you can locate that boy,I would love to bless him more.

Thanks
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Greatzeus(m): 4:44am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

So after all that ,decided to go to coldstone to grab some ice cream to calm my head.
Seated inside,wasn't so pleased while I was having it because I saw a lot of things I don't like.

1) Parents pampering unruly children. If you carry that behaviour come close to me I will give you a stern warning infront of your parents regardless the outcome.

2) Treating maids like subhumans. Nigerians are very fond of this, like it's so easy to spot the maid amongst them because usually they cloth them in rags,their hair always turn to baobab tree under their watch whereas their kids always look fly and fresh,they are being talked to so rudely and with so much authority whereas their kids who might probably amount to nothing in life are always spoon-fed and get the best treatments,seated at different tables even though they came together, atleast the one I see today them try buy am ice cream sha undecided

Got to my car,a kid (10-12yrs)approached me and asked me for food money or something ,didn't respond as I usually never do cos I really don't like begging ,but then as I was about to leave ,I asked the boy why he doesn't get a small job instead rather than beg?
He told me if I could buy him a box of pure water to sell,that I will not see him there again begging.

Was dumbfounded as I didn't expect that kind of a response from him considering his age and also I thought he was one of those career beggars.

I wanted to give him cash but didn’t have any,I told him I will come back,and left.
Now I wanted to go and withdraw and give him cash but on a second thought, I said why don't I go and get him those wares instead rather than hand him cash?Atleast he will have to work to sell them off to generate cash from it ,which will teach him some principles of money atleast.

Went to the closest store, bought Ten 12bottles/pack bottled water ,load up and head back there.

Looked for him a bit around and later found him sitting helplessly,hopelessly,aimlessly on a culvert looking very frustrated mehn,probably thought I won't come back.That thought still never commot from my head like this.
Anyways,handed them over to him,advised and encouraged him a little,asked how he was gonna refrigerate them?

He said there are some abokis in his street that can do that for him and he will pay them small money.
Asked how he was gonna sell?He said he will take them to pleasure park tomorrow to sell.Was impressed at his sharpness tbh..he had answers to all I was asking even though he was shivering a bit cos he was intimidated or something.

Wished him well,help carry them close to the road,before I could turn to head home ,he had already moved them to the median of the road and I think I saw him counting the bottles or so ,couldn't figure as I passed fast,
Reached a turn,turned again to go add his inventory but dude was already gone.Damn!

I think Nigerian Parents, the church and religion are the reason why children are still experiencing this kind of suffering at this point in humanity.

It's to be selecting the ones that want to hustle from them and help and leave the career beggars alone .

Talk about confusion undecided
Imagine asking a child to get a job just because he asked you for peanut to quench his hunger,only for you to turn around and say, considering his age bla bla bla.
Attention seeking stingy man,I hope you deposit all the attention you got here from your self gratification in your bank account. Also I stop reading your rubbish after the bolded.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Rhozabeth(m): 4:46am On Aug 14, 2021
Qm impressed by your story and this shows that there lots of people out there that just need that one-time opportunity, their life and that of those around them can be better.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Tobest94: 5:15am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

God bled You boss, that’s if you don’t see him there again soon begging

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Bluntemperor: 5:17am On Aug 14, 2021
Adaanna:
Chai!! God bless you abundantly Amen.

The way some people are treating their maids it's so bad. If you can't treat them like your own why bring them to suffer/punish them?

I always tell people around me to treat people well because you don't know the head that will wear the crown tomorrow.

Beautiful you Ada!
Many Parents have failed to instill discipline on their Children and used the Maids as cover up.But trust God,He knows tomorrow and hand over judgement to all in such a way that those Parents do regrets bringing the Children to the World.A bit of discipline doesn't mean you don't love them!
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by olanrewaju99(m): 5:34am On Aug 14, 2021
Learnt a lot from your story, am one of those that hate giving beggars money. God bless you man.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 14, 2021
chatinent:
Those career beggars have made the real ones unfortunate.

Today, I dey complain say I never chop morning food na so one boy come drag my top say “brother please give me money, I never chop since yesterday (x2)”. I focused my spirit to ignore him until he repeated it again; I nearly broke his spinal cord if my hand touched him. This is sb I saw eating rice with about three pieces of meat while I was coming. He was the one who made me more hungry.
The day I heard a crippled beggar talking about osusu and land ,that's the day I stopped giving money to anyone. angry angry

I actually prefer the op's style ,it's better to empower than to throw money around.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Princeton92(m): 5:43am On Aug 14, 2021
Truly I'm touched but your write-up and selfless act, if and only we could be truthfully generous enough to help the future ones outta the streets cause e don dey worse oo guy.
God bless us all....
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by dettolgel: 5:48am On Aug 14, 2021
ethicallyright:

That was a benevolent gesture, Master. "It's better to teach a beggar how to fish than to give him fish", they say.

I had the privilege of having the 200,000 naira+ per term secondary education until 2014. We had domestic workers successively since I was a baby and they all attended public schools.

But I realized, in a little more than one decade, facts regarding "house helps". Their parents send them to cities so they can feed. They inform them before giving them out as juvenile slaves that their bosses will not treat them like their own kids. They know what the reality is and that's where a boundary is drawn.

My parents would sew new uniforms, buy textbooks and school bags for our house help at the beginning of each session just like they did for us. Her mother usually visited during planting seasons with home-processed garri, maize, pears and other crops harvested through their subsistence agricultural system. She could even stay with her for days in her room. My father would give her reasonable funds for transport and she'd kneel with teary eyes , face the heavens and solicit for God's handsome reward upon my family.

I was so attached to our maid. I was 6 and still bed-wetting and she promised to shield me from my parents who would scold me because my younger siblings stopped the shameful act immediately they could do without diapers. She'd come around 5am in the morning to change the bedsheets and help me bathe. That's how a 14 year-old girl started molesting me.

I wanted her future to be like ours. I offered to teach her basic spelling of English words, and fundamental rules of Concord like noun and verb agreement but she'd rather I wrote love letters which she would give a boy in her class. I was still in primary school and she was in JSS3 during this period.

She cooked excess meals and returned food flasks filled to the brim to gatemen down the street. I heard my parents planning to sponsor her University education because she was " good."

When she got into SS1, she got pregnant. She opened up to my dad because my dad would not even scold her. My dad prevented my mum from giving her a mild slap. My parents arranged with her parents and paid for an abortion so that she'll further her education. After the abortion, she wasn't sent away.

She lived with us and enjoyed much freedom. The straw that broke the camel's back was a call she gave to one of her boyfriends a night we were away. It was an innocent call from her side but would later cause my parents to be ambushed and robbed that night.

Her time was up! She had to leave. Today she's not gone past SS2 and she's roasting corn by the roadside. I identified her when I passed that road.

When she came she was using tissue paper during her menstruation. My mum ensured she used pads. Tissue paper was obviously what females used in her family. The truth remains that these "house helps" become enlightened and exposed to civilization when they are sent to live with middle class families. They get opportunities they'd not ordinarily see if they lived with their parents.

What matters is how they take advantage of their exposure. My grandparents' male housemaid served them for 8 years and they included his name in a scholarship slot to a foreign country. The maid got a good job there and even invited my uncle who was a baby when he left to work in the country immediately my uncle completed his NYSC. The maid is one of the prominent men from my mother's village today.

Halita is an Africa Magic series I'll recommend if you want to understand perspectives about domestic servants. It's intriguing and captivating.

I think most times the problem is psychological. Sending your child away to go live with someone may create a sense of abandonment in the child. Such children might subconsciously think that either they are the cause of their parent's misfortune or that their parents didn't love them enough to stick it out with them.

Even when they are with a good family ( mind you no matter how good a family is to their maid, the parents child relationship/bond rarely exist between the maid and the bosses, and this bond is very essential in child's development).

The maids most often "found love" in the hands of anyone that ever tells them how beautiful they are and how much they are loved. For the first time they don't have to do anything for men (unlike in their boss house where they have to at least do their job right to get a thanks) to get a compliment. They fall for the cheap lies. This could be one of the reasons to why some of them no matter how nice you think you are to them, they will end up ruining the life line being offered to them.

Secondly, the problem is magnified by lack of awareness. Most maids are from non literate parents and have no idea what protective sex is. Couple with the fact that we hardly have sex education ( I don't know if they have started teaching it in public school), hence they have no idea what to do in such situations.

Being up children is not easy and child development is very complex. A little incident may leave a life long trauma in most people.

I remember when things got tough in my home my mother stuck to her guns that we will never live with anyone. If anyone wants to render help he/she should send the tuition rather than any of us going to live with the person. She refused even her own and my dad's siblings from taking us. It was tough but I never felt unwanted and that made us pull through those difficult days unscathed. Today we are doing well thanks to God.

I

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by marttol: 6:03am On Aug 14, 2021
Toor
chloride6:
I'm so angry at this article.

I need food na him your turn to Project..

Nawa ooh.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Lighthammer(m): 6:57am On Aug 14, 2021
Well so touching...the way some people do treat their maid is so bad..there are different maid in my street that have helped in ways ranging from providing food and money to even tho me sef no get that money.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by ifeolamide00(m): 6:58am On Aug 14, 2021
This shii happens everywhere...youd see very small kids hawking on the street,kids that are suppose to be in school or be resting after schools activity,and they dare not touch a dime or eat from what they are selling...they end up begging even while hawking because they possibly doing it on empty stomach or they had very little to eat...nd some parents think its normal..those kids end up stealing at every slight opportunity they get, because they want to be like everyone too..wear decent footwears,clothing and look,IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD,START FROM THE STREETS... a token and an act of kindness might change their lives. Being good to them might give them a soft heart and allow them live well..checking on them might make them happy and maybe a hope for them to never give up...remember everyone needs somebody at some point in life....
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Doyou2019: 7:05am On Aug 14, 2021
Khonifer:
Awww this is so nice
Our society is still shit tho!
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by srrrr(m): 7:09am On Aug 14, 2021
McStoic:

You are a very funny and strange fellow. You spoiled your good deed by blaming the church and religion too? You deserve some systematic desensitization cos you must have been watching a lot of Daddy Freezesque videos and stuff..

So, it's the church and religion's fault for every poverty stricken fellow's predicament? What if he is not a Christian? When did the church become the government? When did the church become the ones that collects citizens' taxes? Do you understand that churches owe their first responsibility to those who are brethren indeed and not just any member?

Quit this your mentality cos it doesn't look good on you. Just imagine such sorry mentality??
Actually religion encourages its followers to grow and multiply, because children are a gift from God and God will take control of everything. So lots of parents use this as a reason to bring children into the world they can't take care of.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Doyou2019: 7:09am On Aug 14, 2021
Ulunne777:
Nwanneni my bro, I know beyond that tough exterior is a good man.

This is the best religion. Love your neighbour. Any other thing they are preaching to you na you sabi.

"When I was a kid, I was thought that my love is King"
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by chloride6: 7:11am On Aug 14, 2021
marttol:
you are madly mad and very stupidly stupid...idiot

Can't you get by without insulting people?

Are you a child?
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Kaybae(f): 7:16am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:
Yeah,well this happened in Port harcourt.
Me too will keep an eye out there for his progress and surprise him even more.
I wish him well honestly and want and is willing to help him succeed in my own little way I can.
Make we just dey see.
May God perfect everything that concerns you sir.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by fairytale(f): 7:18am On Aug 14, 2021
Pumpumking:

ok so u wannto sleep wit house maid becus there parents were Pampas??
Bros, i dont mento sound rude but are u ok sir?(no ofeinse) angry

grin grin ;DMr cork is back with another moniker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe / Vure Kingsley Ovonix Names His Son After Zuckerberg. Met His Wife On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.