Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. (35210 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / UPDATE: I've Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / The Most Touching Post On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Pumpumking: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2021
fairytale:

grin grin ;DMr cork is back with another moniker

fairytale am juss keepin it low key. am tryin to be a born again b4 chrismas! wink
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Pumpumking: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:
Have been very busy all through today trying to fix some things,

So after all that ,decided to go to coldstone to grab some ice cream to calm my head.
Seated inside,wasn't so pleased while I was having it because I saw a lot of things I don't like.

1) Parents pampering unruly children. If you carry that behaviour come close to me I will give you a stern warning infront of your parents regardless the outcome.

2) Treating maids like subhumans. Nigerians are very fond of this, like it's so easy to spot the maid amongst them because usually they cloth them in rags,their hair always turn to baobab tree under their watch whereas their kids always look fly and fresh,they are being talked to so rudely and with so much authority whereas their kids who might probably amount to nothing in life are always spoon-fed and get the best treatments,seated at different tables even though they came together, atleast the one I see today them try buy am ice cream sha undecided

Anyways,got uncomfortable with the whole environment and left.

Got to my car,a kid (10-12yrs)approached me and asked me for food money or something ,didn't respond as I usually never do cos I really don't like begging ,but then as I was about to leave ,I asked the boy why he doesn't get a small job instead rather than beg?
His response shocked me till now.
He told me if I could buy him a box of pure water to sell,that I will not see him there again begging.

Was dumbfounded as I didn't expect that kind of a response from him considering his age and also I thought he was one of those career beggars.

I wanted to give him cash but didn’t have any,I told him I will come back,and left.
Now I wanted to go and withdraw and give him cash but on a second thought, I said why don't I go and get him those wares instead rather than hand him cash?Atleast he will have to work to sell them off to generate cash from it ,which will teach him some principles of money atleast.

Went to the closest store, bought Ten 12bottles/pack bottled water ,load up and head back there.

Looked for him a bit around and later found him sitting helplessly,hopelessly,aimlessly on a culvert looking very frustrated mehn,probably thought I won't come back.That thought still never commot from my head like this.
Anyways,handed them over to him,advised and encouraged him a little,asked how he was gonna refrigerate them?

He said there are some abokis in his street that can do that for him and he will pay them small money.
Asked how he was gonna sell?He said he will take them to pleasure park tomorrow to sell.Was impressed at his sharpness tbh..he had answers to all I was asking even though he was shivering a bit cos he was intimidated or something.

Wished him well,help carry them close to the road,before I could turn to head home ,he had already moved them to the median of the road and I think I saw him counting the bottles or so ,couldn't figure as I passed fast,
Reached a turn,turned again to go add his inventory but dude was already gone.Damn!
Anyways make we dey see...just make we dey see.

I think Nigerian Parents, the church and religion are the reason why children are still experiencing this kind of suffering at this point in humanity.

Felt really bad today mehn,really bad.
It's to be selecting the ones that want to hustle from them and help and leave the career beggars alone .

Children only,no old person.

well i try self service for the first time yestaday when watch Game of trone......dint enjoyit sir!! angry
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by marttol: 7:46am On Aug 14, 2021
you are annoying
chloride6:

Can't you get by without insulting people?

Are you a child?

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by chloride6: 7:47am On Aug 14, 2021
marttol:
you are annoying

That's okay.

Insults on the other hand are never okay.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by harmony75: 8:06am On Aug 14, 2021
Something you can't just take your eyes off even when you want to mind your business! God will remember you too for Good �❤
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by chrispapi11(m): 8:40am On Aug 14, 2021
Saynoomore:
As far as I'm concerned, what you have just done is practical Christianity!

Being a Christian does not begin & end with going to church.

Forget whatever turns out as the outcome. You have played your part. The little lad might make some mistakes in the line if his new-found business, but he will learn and improve, and hopefully tell his story someday. I'm sure he won't forget your gesture.

If he is in Lagos, and you can give a vivid description of where you found him, pls pm me.

Cheers bro!

Edited,

This is not about religion it is just about being good, helping one another in need. Let's leave religion out of this please
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by bukatyne(f): 8:47am On Aug 14, 2021
Fountainofyouth:
I'd rather you locate the boy's parents and offer to sponsor his schooling up to tertiary education, that would be putting a good use of your seatrade money, don't you think so, my Christian brother

Mbanu, it would not work with these people except he pays for the fees directly and the boy stays far away from them.

They see nothing wrong with their circumstances; you are the one pitying them.

And they have crab mentality: they rather drag you down to their level than let you pull them up to yours.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by bukatyne(f): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2021
crafteck:
Been hit by the realisation that no matter how hard you try legally as an average Nigerian you can never make it

What kind of defeatist attitude is this? undecided
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by feezay86: 8:53am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

So after all that ,decided to go to coldstone to grab some ice cream to calm my head.
Seated inside,wasn't so pleased while I was having it because I saw a lot of things I don't like.

1) Parents pampering unruly children. If you carry that behaviour come close to me I will give you a stern warning infront of your parents regardless the outcome.

2) Treating maids like subhumans. Nigerians are very fond of this, like it's so easy to spot the maid amongst them because usually they cloth them in rags,their hair always turn to baobab tree under their watch whereas their kids always look fly and fresh,they are being talked to so rudely and with so much authority whereas their kids who might probably amount to nothing in life are always spoon-fed and get the best treatments,seated at different tables even though they came together, atleast the one I see today them try buy am ice cream sha undecided

Got to my car,a kid (10-12yrs)approached me and asked me for food money or something ,didn't respond as I usually never do cos I really don't like begging ,but then as I was about to leave ,I asked the boy why he doesn't get a small job instead rather than beg?
He told me if I could buy him a box of pure water to sell,that I will not see him there again begging.

Was dumbfounded as I didn't expect that kind of a response from him considering his age and also I thought he was one of those career beggars.

I wanted to give him cash but didn’t have any,I told him I will come back,and left.
Now I wanted to go and withdraw and give him cash but on a second thought, I said why don't I go and get him those wares instead rather than hand him cash?Atleast he will have to work to sell them off to generate cash from it ,which will teach him some principles of money atleast.

Went to the closest store, bought Ten 12bottles/pack bottled water ,load up and head back there.

Looked for him a bit around and later found him sitting helplessly,hopelessly,aimlessly on a culvert looking very frustrated mehn,probably thought I won't come back.That thought still never commot from my head like this.
Anyways,handed them over to him,advised and encouraged him a little,asked how he was gonna refrigerate them?

He said there are some abokis in his street that can do that for him and he will pay them small money.
Asked how he was gonna sell?He said he will take them to pleasure park tomorrow to sell.Was impressed at his sharpness tbh..he had answers to all I was asking even though he was shivering a bit cos he was intimidated or something.

Wished him well,help carry them close to the road,before I could turn to head home ,he had already moved them to the median of the road and I think I saw him counting the bottles or so ,couldn't figure as I passed fast,
Reached a turn,turned again to go add his inventory but dude was already gone.Damn!

I think Nigerian Parents, the church and religion are the reason why children are still experiencing this kind of suffering at this point in humanity.

It's to be selecting the ones that want to hustle from them and help and leave the career beggars alone .

God bless you abundantly
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by SugarSpill(m): 9:14am On Aug 14, 2021
Magnoliaa:
I wonder how or why the picture you painted is caused by religion/the church though...?

I wonder too oh. Abeg make op come explain wetin him mean oh.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by gtrust: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2021
joyousever:
Op, you funny no be small. In fact, your writing style cracked me up through the reading grin grin. You said you asked him why he didn't rather get a job rather than begging and you were at the same time shocked at his response of promising to leave the streets if he were given wares to sell, being that he was a minor. Funny you grin.

TBH there’s nothing like “minor” in Nigeria. Go out to the streets and see what children “minors” are doing. This is the reality of where we are in Nigeria today.

You cannot even justify education anymore because after many many years the graduates are unemployed or earn nonsense working full time or not even paid for many months just like that.

If the kid start with that little stock of pure water and remain consistent for a full year then he will be better than a graduate. That’s the reality!
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by joyousever(f): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2021
All this long epistle to counter my harmless comment that's borne out of humour? Please swerve!
gtrust:

TBH there’s nothing like “minor” in Nigeria. Go out to the streets and see what children “minors” are doing. This is the reality of where we are in Nigeria today.

You cannot even justify education anymore because after many many years the graduates are unemployed or earn nonsense working full time or not even paid for many months just like that.

If the kid start with that little stock of pure water and remain consistent for a full year then he will be better than a graduate. That’s the reality!
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by crafteck(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2021
bukatyne:

What kind of defeatist attitude is this? undecided

I know how much i make daily, more than the governments salary plan for nigerians(minimum wage) , and yet im on edge, any small mistake.. Person no go fit afford hinself, now imagine survival of people living on 30k monthly with family, lets leave i better pass my neighbour attitude alone, condition of majority of us dey touching.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Emmanuelomojo: 10:06am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

May God increase all your good works in all spheres Amen. When I read write ups like this it inspires me to keep my dream up. We will help train and empower IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by marttol: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2021
you too
chloride6:

That's okay.

Insults on the other hand are never okay.

Have a nice day.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by stephenponti(m): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2021
Magnoliaa:
I wonder how or why the picture you painted is caused by religion/the church though...?

He didn't see the bad Government to blame, na religion. ok ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Khonifer: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2021
Doyou2019:

Our society is still shit tho!

Stop being so negative! shocked
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Awise09(m): 11:56am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

Wow I feel like sharing tears now, may God keep him and help him out, God will also bless you to in abundance.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Frales6(f): 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
eeeyyyaaa.... you are such a good person, you tried. honestly the criminals amongst them have made it difficult for the innocent ones to get help easily.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by kendological(m): 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

I am so �
I bless you, that boy will excel if he was honest.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by paschal47(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

My man, you've done well. Well I hope you didn't take your cigarettes while on the cold stone ice cream? I didn't see the pictures on the food thread.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by makizee(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
Adaanna:
Chai!! God bless you abundantly Amen.

The way some people are treating their maids it's so bad. If you can't treat them like your own why bring them to suffer/punish them?

I always tell people around me to treat people well because you don't know the head that will wear the crown tomorrow.

It is not even about treating people well because of head wey go wear crown tomorrow, forget that one.. Treat people well because it the basic expected from a decent human being.. Not because you think they may be in a position to be a benefactor in some future.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2021
HUSTLER001:
Go back to that same spot in 2weeks time to find if you will meet him there and if you don't just take him to children welfare. It clearly shows he prefers to constitute nuisance to society.
Lol how easy is it to survive on a carton of bottled water? Let's be honest with ourselves, how much profit will he make from selling it? Will he feed from it too? Many poor dudes you see around aren't lazy, they have tried their best and are still willing to do more.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by ADIPONECTIN: 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
Especially fructose sugar
CountVersailles:

"Ice cream's high sugar content is similarly bad for your heart health – since consuming too much sugar is associated with a higher risk of contracting cardiovascular disease (CVD)."

https://futureyouhealth.com/knowledge-centre/ice-cream-heart-health
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by mrsfavour(f): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2021
You did well bro, about people treating maids, I picked one some years ago , took her like my kid, clothes her infact you cants believe she is a maid, but when you give the that privellage they now grow above you. You become their mate, they start directing you, last last eyeing your husband. Talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by AlphaSoul: 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
chatinent:
Those career beggars have made the real ones unfortunate.

Today, I dey complain say I never chop morning food na so one boy come drag my top say “brother please give me money, I never chop since yesterday (x2)”. I focused my spirit to ignore him until he repeated it again; I nearly broke his spinal cord if my hand touched him. This is sb I saw eating rice with about three pieces of meat while I was coming. He was the one who made me more hungry.
LOL. grin grin
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Nwachi22(f): 8:07am On Aug 15, 2021
DenreleDave:

Logobenz, why u just dey open different moniker

Seatrade Benz, pls coman answer this lady
What’s Logobenz?
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by DenreleDave(m): 8:14am On Aug 15, 2021
Nwachi22:

What’s Logobenz?
. That is one of Ops numerous monikers
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Nwachi22(f): 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2021
DenreleDave:

. That is one of Ops numerous monikers
Okay.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by McStoic(m): 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2021
srrrr:

Actually religion encourages its followers to grow and multiply, because children are a gift from God and God will take control of everything. So lots of parents use this as a reason to bring children into the world they can't take care of.

Epic lame. Tell.me something else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe / Vure Kingsley Ovonix Names His Son After Zuckerberg. Met His Wife On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.