Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road (3899 Views)

Nigerian Army Arrested Thousands Of Bandits Along Kontagora, Niger State / Bandits Abduct ’50 Wedding Guests’ Along Sokoto-Zamfara Highway / Again, Zamfara Villagers Block Sokoto-Gusau Road Over Bandits’ Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by AltarBoy1: 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
Friday 23rd July we went for our colleagues marriage at Sokoto. The journey to sokoto was all sweet and smooth. You know, that moment when you are traving with your guys (about 5 of us) gisting laughing and playing music. We got to sokoto safely, lodged in a hotel that is not too far frm UDUS. The following day we attended the marriage ceremony, played our part and retired back to our hotel.

Then on sunday morning around 8am, we left sokoto heading to our base. As usual, the journey was going smooth until we were almost approaching Zamfara. As we were moving, one of us noticed that cars arent coming from the opposite traffic, so we all became alert. Though we weren't hearing any gunshots. We reduced our speed a little, but decided to continue the journey as there were other vehicle behind us and a bus belonging to Kano Line in front of us.

Few kilometres later, we noticed some bikes parked by the side of the road. About 6 of them with some people standing beside it. We didnt really take them serious. As we continue to move, the numbers of bike and people we see kept increasing. Then one of pointed our that these guys beside the bike were carrying AK-47s. That was when it downed on us that they are bandits Thank God for the bus in front of us that kept moving at a slow pace, so we were just following it. Then we saw them in numbers. I can say more than 50 of them each fully armed. Some with AKs, some with a much longer gun, some with chain bullets wrap around there neck. They were just by the roadside. We were about four vehicles moving, but those bandits didnt even mind us.
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by AltarBoy1: 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
Then again we started hearing sounds of bike from afar approaching us, looking to our left just across the road we saw a swarm of people moving on bike heading towards the direction of the first set that we saw. These guys are massive, I can say that they were about two to three hundred bikes, with each bike carrying 3 persons, all fully armed. We just kept moving with our heart in our mouth.

After about 5 kilo meter we saw a police check point with the police sitting by the side of the road parked along the road are vehicles facing to wards sokoto. They probable heard about the bandits and decided to stop. The Kano line vehicle kept moving without stopping at the check point, so we decided to follow them cos we were headed to Tsafe which is a road they will take as they head to Kano. Though the other vehicles behind us stopped at the police check point.

The rest of the journey was uneventful and we got to our destination safely. But even till today, I still feel shocked and scared anytime I remembered that incident. The fooling day, there was a news that bandits hijacked 3 buses and kidnapped about 60 passengers. What I dont knw is if it happened before we passed them or after we passed them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Authority1o1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
Okay...

Not until you pointed out that the bandits weren't really after you, I would have asked the shape of the vehicle in which you met them. Because unless it was a cash-in-transit vehicle, there is nothing that would justify the interest of a swarm of bandits in you.

That aside, I'm glad you're making this report by yourself. Front pages would have helped you with it had the terrorists mounted an attack on you.

On the subject of who allows these terrorists to operate, I can categorically tell you that judging by the actions and body language of this government, it is the chief sponsor, together with Northerners who have been in this ministry and had been showing maximum support even before this present Government took over.

Buhari could order the Nigerian Army to combat a self-defending ESN and harassed those protecting their lands from the blood-sucking terrorists with a determination he has never shown in fighting the real enemies.

It was either MNK is captured or he seizes to live. Such bias determination that makes it disgustingly glaring that he has a hand in all of these and to a defendable degree, an agenda.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by AltarBoy1: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
My Conclusion.

With the number of bandits I saw that day, these guys can comfortable wipe out a whole town over night. The ones we saw are probably the ones controlling Zamfara/Sokoto Road, am sure there are other groups controlling other areas. At least all of us are aware of the massive attacks going on in Jos and Southern Kaduna.

Secondly if these bandits are to engage the Nigerian security forces, aside for the fact that we have air power, am not sure our forces can easily defeat these bandits, they kind of artillery and their massive number I saw that day, is really scary.

There is a great conspiracy going on in this country. This bandits are not there for the sake of just criminal kidnappings in other to make money. Probably the money they make is been used to fund a secret agenda.

I am forced to say that the govt knws more to this bandits than they are telling us. And when I say the govt, I do not just mean the presidency and the short gov that u guys always talk about. I mean the whole officials in this administration both from the north and the south. Else why is everyone silent with the massive massacre going on in this nation.

The northern govs and senators are hiding a lot from the populace cos I dont not see how bandits in their massive numbers will be moving around in open grounds and killing people, yet no serious or decisive action have been done against them. Look at how our military are so proactive in the SE. For the Southern govs/Senators, Its either they equally know what is going on, or they have been bribed to remain silent else I do not see how any sane leader will be silent and his people will be killed like flies. Aside from Akeredolu and Ortom, which gov is speaking out against this mess. With all the killings going on in Platuea, the gov have not for once openly spoke against it. I remembered when Wike was shouting that he brought in Soldiers to deal with IPOB members disturbing at Oyigbo. If Wike as a gov can bring in soldiers, how come no northern govs have brought in soldiers to deal with bandits.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by nadisms: 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
Guy,you never see anything for this country...

2 Likes

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by AltarBoy1: 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
If the northern leaders are feeling that they cant talk because their brother is in power, we have a VP who is from the south. We have the leader of house of rep also from the south. We have a lot of southerners as top ranking official in the military and other security agencies, how come they are all quiet.

Lastly, its high time the south start thinking of forming a southern defense force. So that when ever those people sponsoring bandits decide to attack the south, let it be that there is a form of security to protect the south cos definitely, the Nigerian forces wont be there to protect anyone.

Look at the news coming out from Bassa in plateau state. Over 70 persons killed and houses burnt. Am sure that attack lasted nothing less than 4 hours. Now lets do this analysis. Its takes about an hour thirty minute to fly a passenger plane from Lagos to Kano. Assuming there is no helicopter or air force base in Jos, Plz how long will it take to fly an Helicopter gunship (the type we saw in those videos shooting in Orlu, Imo State) from Kaduna, Abuja or Benue airforce base to Platuea in other to repel the attacks. How long will it take to mobilize about a 100 armed personnel, fly them by helicopter from Kaduna, Abuja or Benue airforce base and drop them in Bassa to help the innocent citizens. How long will it take to scramble fighter jets from the surrounding airforcebase to atleast perform a low fly-by over bassa during the attack. Or you want to tell me that our military heads didnt know that the attack was going on.

Day by day, the words of Obadiah keep coming out as the truth.... "The Nigerian Security Force are aiding bandits and herdsmen to kills innocent Nigerians".

My greatest annoyance is that after reading the news and seeing all that is happening in this country, some one who is supposedly sensible and intelligent will still open his or her mouth and speak in support of this administration.

So pathetic.

I have already written to HR to transfer me to one of the state in the south. The north is a lovely place to live. But with what I saw, if these bandits decide to move into town and cause havoc, am not sure any security agencies will be their to help us.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by AbarisFather(m): 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
Still praying for Nigeria sha

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Kandeed: 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
Don't worry OP 78 of those bandits were just killed - Nigerian Airforce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by yanabasee1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
Like you've rightly pointed out....

The government is fully aware of their role and so you can't touch them...

Recently in Plateau massacre... The army said they received no order to take any action... And the paramount ruler who received the news that they weren't given an order to take action ended his speech by telling his people not to take action and should let the law to play it's rule... How?

When there was crisis in Katsina and Buhari visited Katsina during that people... He said that the farmers should stop attacking the herdsmen to avoid getting attacked by the herdsmen...

You see this country? Na cruise... Just protect yourself...

Don't be surprised that if a bandit comes to your house to kidnap you and you eventually defend yourself and probably harm the bandit... you might be jailed for fighting back.?

2 Likes

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Coldsperm: 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
That is why all Igbos need to support ESN because it will be so bloody next year. Know this and know peace.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by AltarBoy1: 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
AbarisFather:
Still praying for Nigeria sha

Serious now, this is not the time for prayer. It high time we come together and profer a lasting solution to this.

Do you knw that in some parts of Zamfara, you can go to farm except you hv settled bandits both in cash and in harvested prodcts. You cant even organize marriages with sending some things to bandits in charge of the areas.
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by kettykin: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
Any body that condemns esn without providing alternative services is a big fool.

My tske is this, the north will soon implode like the former Soviet republic. The north will be the first case of a stateless state within a nation. What will happen in the north can only be imagined. I pity the innocent northerners and deaf northern igbos who refuse to have a plan B

4 Likes

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by AltarBoy1: 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
nadisms:
Guy,you never see anything for this country...

I have heard a lot actually. Though this is my first time of coming close to them. There is one of our customer that was telling us of how bandits move freely in their villages. That if they as villagers knows and sees the bandits, why cnt the security agencies sniff them out. He was saying it with tears, I only had to console him.

But that day I was thinking, between the thick forest in the east and vast shrubs in the north, which is easier to invade and fish out criminals.

YOu dont need a sooth sayer to tell you what is going on.

5 Likes

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Themainboy22: 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
Thank God for your life.
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Hardfacts234(m): 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
Northern Nigeria is forever gone!

The number of armed groups in the North are uncountable. The will eventually overrun the North. The Northern elites were the architect of this; they encouraged Over-breeding, illiteracy and religious fanaticism.

Don't cry for the North rather the South should find a way to secede from this shi.thole.

9 Likes

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by superCleanworks(m): 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
hmmmm
thats over 3,000 guns in that gathering. Lord hammercy
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Asgard73: 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
The North know people funding this humans and reason why the keep funding em.

Is not Buhari.. But people in his government.so much info about this country.. going on.. but who wan talk.. all Na hush hush.

Apc know exactly what they’re doing.
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Asgard73: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
AltarBoy1:

I have heard a lot actually. Though this is my first time of coming close to them. There is one of our customer that was telling us of how bandits move freely in their villages. That if they as villagers knows and sees the bandits, why cnt the security agencies sniff them out. He was saying it with tears, I only had to console him.

But that day I was thinking, between the thick forest in the east and vast shrubs in the north, which is easier to invade and fish out criminals.

YOu dont need a sooth sayer to tell you what is going on.

Bro a lot is going on ... and the north is silent.

Quarter of what’s happening in the North in term of insecurity .. is yet to happen in the south.

They will visit south ... if Apc wins 2023.

Very pure fact... the south is flexing.. they can’t understand till Apc win 2023.
It doesn’t matter the candidate.... is the party with evil ideology.

Think the northern masses are patiently waiting for Buhari..2023. Apc is Haram here.

2 Likes

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Jlow2: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
Anybody body that tells you things will ever get better in this country slap am.

3 Likes

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Buckeyemedia1: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
kettykin:
Any body that condemns esn without providing alternative services is a big fool.

My tske is this, the north will soon implode like the former Soviet republic. The north will be the first case of a stateless state within a nation. What will happen in the north can only be imagined. I pity the innocent northerners and deaf northern igbos who refuse to have a plan B
Implode? the Military will just take over power, & bring an end to this sham called democrazy.
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Buckeyemedia1: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
Asgard73:

Bro a lot is going on ... and the north is silent.

Quarter of what’s happening in the North in term of insecurity .. is yet to happen in the south.

They will visit south ... if Apc wins 2023.

Very pure fact... the south is flexing.. they can’t understand till Apc win 2023.
It doesn’t matter the candidate.... is the party with evil ideology.

Think the northern masses are patiently waiting for Buhari..2023. Apc is Haram here.
What is the difference between APC & pdp, other than 3 different letters?
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by paramakina202: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kandeed:

Where is their dead bodies?
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by kettykin: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Implode? the Military will just take over power, & bring an end to this sham called democrazy.

Does Nigeria still have a military, let's watch and see

1 Like

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Asgard73: 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
What is the difference between APC & pdp, other than 3 different letters?

You know nothing...
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by arthurwillia(m): 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
Chwi
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Ruggedniggaone: 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
I keep saying it everytime you can only save who want to be saved, I can swear with my life nothing can change northern Nigeria situation. north has gone forever even America force plus NATO can't save Northern Nigeria from total destruction not to talk of our rag tag soldiers. Its late already R I P to Northern Nigeria the producer and manufacturer of terrorist in West Africa

2 Likes

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by jahsharon: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
If you are a Northerner, may you never be lucky the next time because you all support terrorism. Next time, you will be in their net.

If however you are a Southerner, then pack your load and leave that desert that is flowing with sorrow, tears and blood because I will not cry for over any Southerner Insha Allahu, we shall survive the blood sucking vampires from the Sahara.
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by AltarBoy1: 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Not until you pointed out that the bandits weren't really after you, I would have asked the shape of the vehicle in which you met them. Because unless it was a cash-in-transit vehicle, there is nothing that would justify the interest of a swarm of bandits in you.

That aside, I'm glad you're making this report by yourself. Front pages would have helped you with it had the terrorists mounted attack on you.

On the subject of who allows these terrorists to operate, I can categorically tell you that judging by the actions and body language of this government, it's are the chief sponsor.

Buhari could order the Nigerian Army to combat a self-defending ESN and harassed those protecting their lands from the blood-sucking terrorists with a determination he has never shown in fighting the real enemies.

It was either MNK is captured or he seizes to live. Such bias determination that makes it disgustingly glaring that he has a hand in all these and to a defendable degree, an agenda.

Seriously we thank God that we didnt meet them in their operation mood. They might have probably finished operating or were about to start. You need to see how armed they were. Just holding guns as if it was nothing. And a lot of them just small small children in their late teen age or early twenties. We were grateful to God for the Kano Line bus we followed. Cos the driver just composed himself and was driving at around 40km/h and so our driver just followed him quietly and the rest of the vehicle followed us. Assuming on of the vehicle wanted to play a fast one, probably them for use us shine.
Was a scary experience.
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by AltarBoy1: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
jahsharon:
If you are a Northerner, may you never be lucky the next time because you all support terrorism. Next time, you will be in their net.

If however you are a Southerner, then pack your load and leave that desert that is flowing with sorrow, tears and blood because I will not cry for over any Southerner Insha Allahu, we shall survive the blood sucking vampires from the Sahara.

Am not a northerner, but thats too much of a bad prayer to say on their head. Its not all of them that support terrorism, neither is it all of them that supports this administration. Believe me you, a lot of them arent happy. A lot of them whats to speak up, but among the local populace, there is this orientation that you dont condemn your own no matter what the person does. Take for example, despite all the atrocities going on in the north, have you seen or heard the NEF or ACF issue any statement against it. But once the issue have to do with the south, they are quick to talk. See how they attacked Bishop Kukah cos of a common statement, but what have Shiek Gumi not done or said, but they wont speak against it.

I have already written to HR, am relocating to the my state. My parent already gave me a deadline to relocate.

3 Likes

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Militant30: 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
D
Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
See

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Lucky Experience With Bandits Along Sokoto-gusau Road by AltarBoy1: 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kandeed:
Except the Airforce starts killing them in hundreds daily, that 78 is like a tips of the ice berg.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abua National Council Aplauds Ijaw Council For Deleting Abua As Ijaw Clan / Obidient Conference Holding At The Oriental Hotels In Lagos - Photo / T hisGlobe.com: ibadan Compared To Onitsha , ibadan is more than Anambra state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.