Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. (972 Views)

She Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She Saw The Baby's Head / Child Dedication Online: My Wife Is Angry I Didn't Spend More / Father Asked His Son To Have A Haircut. Then The Son Did This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by hbemigho(m): 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
Today in church, my son Laurence sat quietly on his own in a seat in front of me.

Another boy about 2 years older than him also sat on his own seat by the side.

This other boy, I don't know him well, he got up and went to meet his dad at the other side of the church auditorium.

He came back and met his seat already occupied by two other boys, one about his age and another one slightly older than him.

Before they took his seat in his absence, they had accosted my son Laurence first, and asked him to get up from the chair he was sitting on for them to seat.

Me I just dey use corner eye dey observe them.

I know say dem never born the pikin wey go bully my boy.

My son just ignored the boys like they weren't even there.

That was when they went and occupied the vacant seat by the side that the other boy had left to go meet his dad.

Boy came back, found his seat was occupied by the ungun known boys and began to cry.

Like play, the cry was getting pretty intense very fast.

My son Laurence got up from his seat, went over and pushed down the two boys occupying the seat, collected the boy's Bible from them gave it to the crying boy and asked him to seat down on his seat.

Omo!!!!!

I was shocked.

My son Laurence just legit fought for someone older than him.

I felt good that my son was compassionate to stand up for someone being bullied.

But I didn't feel good that he is doing this at this young age. He is just 2years old.

Make he nor go dey beat people children for school oh.

Nor be me school Principal go dey send for every week because my son decided to be the "Jack Bauer" of the school.

To be honest, I don't know whether to be happy or to be worried with this development.

Your thoughts?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by Bola146(f): 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by budaatum: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
My son Laurence got up from his seat, went over and pushed down the two boys occupying the seat, collected the boy's Bible from them gave it to the crying boy and asked him to seat down on his seat.

I like your son. He considerably thinks about others and is not selfish, and is a credit to his parents who must have brought him up well.

Now, pat him on the head for so doing while pointing out how bad the two bullies were, and he'd be unlikely to do what he fought the bullies for doing to others.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by mariahAngel(f): 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
It’s either your son is not two or the story is not true.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by hbemigho(m): 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
Thanks for your comment, but if you knew me then you would have no reason to doubt.

I take it you haven't met really smart kids that's why you think this story is made up.

All the same cheers!

mariahAngel:
It’s either your son is not two or the story is not true.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by Aidejay(m): 8:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
What you should be afraid of is our society dialing down that spirit of justice In him before his teens.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by Lamanii22(f): 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
That's my boy! Wa shere! He did the right thing... He did it for a good cause, he helped an helpless boy....
Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by BirtherOfKings(f): 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
hbemigho:
Today in church, my son Laurence sat quietly on his own in a seat in front of me.

Another boy about 2 years older than him also sat on his own seat by the side.

This other boy, I don't know him well, he got up and went to meet his dad at the other side of the church auditorium.

He came back and met his seat already occupied by two other boys, one about his age and another one slightly older than him.

Before they took his seat in his absence, they had accosted my son Laurence first, and asked him to get up from the chair he was sitting on for them to seat.

Me I just dey use corner eye dey observe them.

I know say dem never born the pikin wey go bully my boy.

My son just ignored the boys like they weren't even there.

That was when they went and occupied the vacant seat by the side that the other boy had left to go meet his dad.

Boy came back, found his seat was occupied by the ungun known boys and began to cry.

Like play, the cry was getting pretty intense very fast.

Omo!!!!!

I was shocked.

My son Laurence just legit fought for someone older than him.

I felt good that my son was compassionate to stand up for someone being bullied.

But I didn't feel good that he is doing this at this young age. He is just 2years old.

Make he nor go dey beat people children for school oh.

Nor be me school Principal go dey send for every week because my son decided to be the "Jack Bauer" of the school.

To be honest, I don't know whether to be happy or to be worried with this development.

Your thoughts?

Your son did the right thing , this country of ours or even abroad, softy dosent pay and will cos people to take advantage of u..train him on how to be firm without violence though,ask Holy Spirit for hell..e sabi talk wen u ask genuinely
Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by mariahAngel(f): 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
hbemigho:
Thanks for your comment, but if you knew me then you would have no reason to doubt.

I take it you haven't met really smart kids that's why you think this story is made up.

All the same cheers!

Ok. Let’s agree that you exaggerated a bit...
Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by Boss13: 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
2 years. Fake story

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by Magnoliaa(f): 11:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
Aidejay:
What you should be afraid of is our society dialing down that spirit of justice In him before his teens.

I concur!
Re: I Didn't Know How To Feel About What My Son Did. by bukatyne(f): 3:55am On Aug 09, 2021
Two years old coordinated enough to refuse standing up without tears.

He also had the mental awareness that the four year old's seat was 'collected' and went to push the occupants of the seat when he started crying (natural response).

Congratulations on your Super Two cheesy

On bullying: I don't see the bullying. Except in situations where they are designated seats, people would always seat on empty spaces they find. undecided

Even if the Bible was on the seat, ushers frown at people 'keeping' seats for their friends.

Besides, no one told the 'bullies' that the seat was occupied. They just saw a Bible on it.

I doubt four year olds have the sense to ask if the Bible means the seat is occupied.

But again, it is the OP's thread; if his Super 2 could fight off bullies, why can't the Emperor 4 have the sense to ask if the seat is occupied?

Hmmmmmmm.

(1) (Reply)

Does Someone Need A Court Judgement To Dissolve Their Marriage? / Neat Used Volkswagen LT 990k / House Clearance Sales!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.