Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,948 members, 7,803,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad (65908 Views)

The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada / How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Tomilola360: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2021
Eastlink:
Abdulmutalab and other awaiting death roll inmates in Saudi cell say hi. Nigerians tend to always send the wrong reps abroad. It's high time we begin to stop criminal minded peeps from going abroad. Not every Nigerian deserves to leave this country.

shocked

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Adakintroy: 11:50am On Aug 09, 2021
Aloysius10:
together we can bring many people to the light forex is for all and it's here to stay just like Bitcoin forex is the future

Working hard in any context is the future. Am not running advert and running truth first.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Tomilola360: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2021
SimplyFacts:

I can't stop giving kudos to Northerners. If not for the religious fanatics like Boko Haram & others, the Northerners are close to perfection morally. And the bad eggs amongst them can still be managed & made to turn new leaves unlike southerners.
North, as a nation, would really be great due to morals & contentment.

in those days and not in recent time. The normal aboki guy has changed o. If aboki guy tell you walahi now, they are most likely lying to you.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by heniford2: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2021
Sluacoast:

That's true. I fit get your control boss
how can i help you
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Jaqenhghar: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2021
Blurpy:
I think the behaviour of Nigerians in diaspora needs to be curtailed or rather we need to caution them often as they are bringing more problems to us. I don't get how some people will be lucky to get visa to a more developed country and go there to constitute nuisance and commit crime to earn a living, some of them even plan before hand to go and overstay their tourist or visit visa and become illegal immigrants.

This is all shades of wrong, we are doing more harm to ourselves as a nation, we should stop that. Some parts of Europe, Nigeria is synonymous with prostitution, while India, South Africa, Thailand etc, a Nigerian is being looked at as a potential drug dealer, other countries like Turkey, Ghana,UAE etc, the scammers there have done a very good job in giving us a bad name.

Recently, some Nigerians in Dubai engaged in cult clash taking human lives in the process which ended up getting a direct employment visa ban on Nigeria.

Ghana, on the other hand has visa free access to Singapore, Dubai, South Africa just to mention a few, while a Nigerian passport holder will have to go through a lot of cash and stress just to visit these places.

I know the country is bad and most people are looking to leave, we should not go to another country to commit crimes, we are only making this harder for ourselves, we will all be stuck here with nowhere to go.

There's no reasonable place a Nigerian passport can take you without visa, even amongst the visa free countries and visa on arrival countries, there's still a high chance of being sent back at the port of entry.

Imagine Nigerians having to wait for four to five months just to get a response from South African embassy here, same Africa oh, just response, not that it'll be approved oh.

Please we should be good ambassadors of our country, there are a lot of Nigerians doing fantastically well in various sectors as medical doctors, nurses , in academia as lecturers, engineers etc, let us not allow the bad deeds overshadow the good deeds.

You'll hardly hear of a Kenyan, a Senegalese etc being caught in a crime outside of their country. The pressure to make it big and fast then come back home to pepper others is a contributing factor! We can do other legitimate business and still make money.

Stop going to Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey etc all in the name of collecting UPDATE to make it!. Please!
Are Nigerians the only ones committing crimes there? In fact the percentage of Nigerians committing crimes is small compared to the ones committed by the natives of that country.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2021
Tomilola360:
in those days and not in recent time. The normal aboki guy has changed o. If aboki guy tell you walahi now, they are most likely lying to you.

You could be right though.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by heniford2: 11:58am On Aug 09, 2021
TMKsouth:

Go take a dump in public or outside Buhari's office and not in my mentions abeg cool. Grownass men sh*ttng in public like apes and calling others sub human.
dude easy naw u have started again relax jor grin

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 09, 2021
Adakintroy:

Working hard in any context is the future. Am not running advert and running truth first.
yes indeed Forex is the future just as you can see the advertisement below the screenshot

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Bobxin: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2021
When someone tries to address the problems of this country, these illiterate and dumb tribalist gingoists comes here to start their tribalistic competition smh
Wahala nor come plenty lak this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Sluacoast(m): 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
heniford2:
how can i help you
Just needed some information regarding relocation that was why I requested for your digit
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by heniford2: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
Sluacoast:

Just needed some information regarding relocation that was why I requested for your digit
what help do you need on information can't drop my line here and i can't reply you on email so spill it out will help if i can
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by neyoohhh: 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lol, the unruly products of your society have just spread out.. the problem is your environment (the environment is what you tolerate).

A culture that glorifies mediocrity, quick gains and indifference to bad behaviour can only lead to chaos.

You justify criminalityand then wonder.

Tueh..

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Sluacoast(m): 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2021
heniford2:
what help do you need on information can't drop my line here and i can't reply you on email so spill it out will help if i can
Well, I have tried twice to move abroad and I couldn't make it. I got an agent from a family relative. Did everything but at the end the visa didn't show up. It's actually to move over turkey.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by heniford2: 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
Sluacoast:

Well, I have tried twice to move abroad and I couldn't make it. I got an agent from a family relative. Did everything but at the end the visa didn't show up. It's actually to move over turkey.
okey you want to travel to turkey on student or work permit Note do not give Agent your money the are alot of scammers out dia
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by drezzyx(m): 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2021
The rate at which yahoo boys dey operate nowadays dey piss me off. All this small small boys for street dey form millionaires. Last last na drugs and women dey siphon the money.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Sluacoast(m): 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2021
heniford2:
okey you want to travel to turkey on student or work permit Note do not give Agent your money the are alot of scammers out dia
That would be the last thing I will do again. That was why I wanted to get in touch with you. Just some tip.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by heniford2: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
Sluacoast:

That would be the last thing I will do again. That was why I wanted to get in touch with you. Just some tip.
is on Nairaland here how to go about it traveling section google too will help too
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Segzy19: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
You even get time to respond to the apoda.
viyon02:
Hello he not ranting that is just the fat, he must be a victim of illicit actions of Nigerians out there.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Sluacoast(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
heniford2:
is on Nairaland here how to go about it traveling section google too will help too
Ok
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by wink2015(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2021
NIGERIA GOVERNMENT SHOULD LEARN TO KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT MOST TIMES.

We wear this internet fraud fight on our chest.

Are there no american, british, moroccan, egyptian, ghanaian committing fraud?

These countries turned the other way and allow their people to focus on true development leaving the so called crimminals to remain underground.

But the federal government especially under Buhari keep using the security agencies to be fighting the southern youth.

The same strength he use to EFCC and the police to pursue the fraudster is not being use against bandits and boko haram fighters.

DOUBLE STANDARD is the name of the federal government of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by UDUJ(m): 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
TMKsouth:

Go take a dump in public or outside Buhari's office and not in my mentions abeg cool. Grownass men sh*ttng in public like apes and calling others sub human.

Lmao cheesy grin cheesy. That's your best rebuttal cheesy

Just stop being a xenophobe cool
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by emonis88: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
SimplyFacts:

I can't stop giving kudos to Northerners. If not for the religious fanatics like Boko Haram & others, the Northerners are close to perfection morally. And the bad eggs amongst them can still be managed & made to turn new leaves unlike southerners.
North, as a nation, would really be great due to morals & contentment.
Who told u , most information is filtered to look like only southern Nigerians commit crimes, the popular news about their son now is cause they didn't have any influence over the news, coming from the US of A. Even here on Nairaland news is filtered to suit what they want , some news information given here is deleted or not allowed to come to d front page.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
That's why a white guy was warning a Nigerian about Nigerians

Duration: 59 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BF5T8QGdpY
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
Well, good observation.

However, we need to analyze the issues critically cos it's a bit more complex than the picture you painted.

In my opinion, two major factors are responsible for the reputational damage this small number of Nigerians are causing to the largely resourceful and hardworking Nigerians in the diaspora.

1. Erosion of morals and values - and by moral we're not talking of religious morals. Believe it or not, there used to be a time when hardwork, civility, uprightness and justice were core Nigerian values. These values were celebrated by the society and there were more than a few role models for citizens to look up to.

Then entered corruption and nepotism, which reared its ugly head once the military became overrun by ethnic sentiments and nepotism. This got worse with successive military regimes and since Nigeria never really got out of the grip of the "class of 66", we find ourselves in the current situation where criminals are openly celebrated. The outcome is that people resort to crime, both within and without Nigeria, since it has become a norm for criminals to be celebrated.

This is the first conundrum to be solved.

2. Maladministration of Nigeria for decades - this is obviously a resultant effect of the first point raised above. This factor is largely responsible for the issue of visa overstay by Nigerians. When as a Nigerian you see no hope and future for you in your motherland, it will take a near-miracle not to do anything possible, including overstaying your visa, so that you do not come back to the country.

This is the reality and mind you there are many people who have gone through that route and later "made it". There are even lawyers and agents who have turned the illegal migration issue into a booming underground business so it isn't ending any time soon, especially since these illegal migrants would rather die than return to their home countries.

We need to contextualize the issues to understand that one cannot give what he does not have. Until we have a miraculous turnaround in the current gangrenous situation of national values and we somehow get the country functioning optimally, these issues will persist and may even get worse with time.

I guess I should have made this a separate topic as a rejoinder but let me just leave it here.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by BigDawsNet: 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
It's really bad but to be honest we should put the blame on bad government...if they provide everything we need as a citizen...guys will not have to get involved in scam...

Out of 50 migrants crossing the sea last week from Africa to Europe...the ship capsized...40 drowned....

If the gov is working truly and doing their job...we will not leave our country to seek pastures....
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by KaptainAfrika: 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
Utter B.S ! There more nationalities committing crimes than Nigerians but because we are black, it fits an agenda to paint Nigerians as the worse. Don't white people commit crimes?
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by CHoccolaTE: 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
siofra:
Look well 90% are men
Tueh!!!

Shebi you see am?

Now that it's men being wicked and causing suffering to everybody they will generalise and say its Nigerians causing problems, if its women they will never say its Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by CountVersailles(f): 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
pocohantas:
Tell us what happened exactly.

Something motivated this rant.
Why is that of interest? Are the several topics making front page everyday not enough?

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by notoriousbabe: 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
pocohantas:
Tell us what happened exactly.

Something motivated this rant.
he has tolded us now, didn’t you read the story?
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Majorly21: 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Majorly21: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
UDUJ:

Aloysius10:
Invest in the foreign exchange market and receive 5% of your capital daily proof of identification will be provided for the sefty of your capital feel free to message me to get started you can start with any amount and receive 5% daily with proof call or text me to join the group 09023308112

Don’t be stupid and stop giving forex traders bad name.. If you’re a good trader and you’re too greedy to start with small account size and compound your profits. You can better still register with FTMO and trade with them after passing the challenge and they’ll fund an account for you to trade with huge fund. After certain period you and ftmo will share the profit you’ve accumulated. FTMO TAKE 20% and you take 80%..

So there’s no need/reason asking people to invest with you.

Stop this nonsense and stop giving us financial traders bad name. Stupid stupid boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK / I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) / Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.