Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad (65942 Views)

The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada / How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nisland(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Shebi you see am?

Now that it's men being wicked and causing suffering to everybody they will generalise and say its Nigerians causing problems, if its women they will never say its Nigerians.
not only men women can. Also did it's because people are saying what a man can do woman can also do it.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by omanzo02: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
nitrogen:
It’s really sad. I don’t know why Nigerians like to commit fraud and atrocities. Even well educated ones. They’d rather aim for sudden cash (through fraud) than work hard (legally) to become wealthy.

Meanwhile, if you have a second citizenship, don’t think it won’t affect you, it will, you are a first class citizen of Nigeria and a second/third class citizen of the other country, so please try to get your people sensitized everywhere and anywhere you find yourself.

This has to stop!
It's because of flawed mentality....they have wet dream of making quick money thinking they are clever and others are fools.....they term normal job as complete waste of time....I know some whom are wasting in jail or deported while their peers have moved on and building a good life with normal legal job they called waste of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by lkillbrokehoes: 5:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

[s]Shebi you see am?

Now that it's men being wicked and causing suffering to everybody they will generalise and say its Nigerians causing problems, if its women they will never say its Nigerians.[/s]
That also includes your father and brothers too. cheesy
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 5:25pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ishilove:

Pocohantas stop being mischievous. Can't the op state fats without a Doubting Tamuno like you raining on his parade? angry

Tamuno means God , you even used capital letter , its not the kind of name you should use any how , its somewhat disrespectful

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Gfskw: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
Really bad
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by mhkent(m): 6:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
Majorly21:

How on earth can someone make money each day from a volatile market. If he’s a trader as claimed he’ll be risking money trying to make more until he blow the money and look for another victim to invest but something is telling me he’s a scam and a no good person trying to scam people in dis hard economy and simps will still fall for it..

Majority of Nigerians want to make it quick by any means. They don’t want to invest in the time and patience to learn and read. No investment in oneself.

Please can you mentor me on forex, I have been trying to learn it.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Majorly21: 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
mhkent:

Please can you mentor me on forex, I have been trying to learn it.

It’s hard and take months to learn.. two people I once mentor for free give up half way (Basics stage, not even price action or institutional trading).. since then it seems like a waste of time for me to mentor anyone else...

Sorry, you can find someone else to mentor you..
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by RodgersAkpafu: 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Must everybody own many cars (gwagon, benx, Audi??) Must you build mansions and pepper their enemies. What happened to living a normal life with a good car... A nice house and a contented lifestyle!!

The average NIGERIAN will say Tahhhh!! To the above grin

Go to Facebook and Twitter. You'll see them claim fortune.. "I claim it" "it is mine" " And order nonsense words wrraped in greed!!

It's a shame WalAhi! Leaders bleep our image @ home... Citizens bleep our image abroad.

Either ways, our reputation gets bleeped from both ends....

Warped value system
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by RodgersAkpafu: 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:
90% of those commenting haven't stepped out their state not to speak of Nigeria. Ever heard of Jamaicans and their crimes? Or Mexicans. Or Puerto Ricans?. Every other country are neck deep into crimes than Nigerians. But when one commits the useless blogs and media houses takes the case and blows it into proportions. All for the sake of fame and popularity. I've been to countries and when they hear I'm from Nigeria the excitement cannot be hidden. They love us. Despite our wahala. We are brilliant and very hard working. Give a fraudster a job and see how he will do it diligently. We are the best everywhere. We are not even among the top ten criminals in the states yet they blow it out of proportion because we are Nigerians.
The problem is the criminals yes we know.
The problem is also the government
The problem is majorly the media
The problem is the op.
If we give a dog a bad name it will live up to the name.

PS. Someone overseas mailed this thread to me. Me wey dey dey nairaland steady I no see the thread na oyinbo send am give me. It means they are watching as we embarass ourselves.
You have no idea what you are talking about
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Cousin9999: 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2021
Anyone who actually believes this racist propaganda has serious problems.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by drmuchin: 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
Blood of Zechariah!

brainpulse:
They will destroy the image of the country and still blame the Nigeria government and poverty.

Then they will relocate to the presumed "better country with better government" and still be committing same fraudulent, cultism, drug related activities, forgetting that they are the ones with issues.

1. In South Africa, the once liked Nigerians are no longer welcomed. Filled with Scammers and drug traffickers
2. Dubai that once gave Nigerians free Vis, is now no go area because of some few cultist and fraudstars

UAE gave Nigeria every respect given to the most powerful countries but our people abused it. The first sets of blacks/ armed robbers to raid a bullion van in Dubai were Nigerians. Nigeria was the first and only black country on the UAE's green list.

They needed a negative Covid result. What did we do? We bought fake negative results to travel and got to their port of entry for another test, we became positive. Our prostitute sisters robbed and beat clients. We robbed and killed people inside elevators. We robbed locals,

3. Italy is filled with Nigerian prostitutes, cultist and drug barons

4. In America, UK and Canadians, they are filled with fraudulent Youths while other nationals work hard and schooling
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by FORWARDEVERLY: 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
I wish they would be killed and sent to jail when they are caught..

Useless things. Imagine UAE has banned issuance of VISA to Nigerians cos of this useless youths.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
siofra:
Look well 90% are men
Tueh!!!
And where are more than 70% of the proceeds of these crimes spent on? Is it not Nigerian women? Lmao.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by IronGalaxy: 11:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
UDUJ:

Oh please shut up. The average black South African is a sub human. Deal with it.
funny you are the ones shitting on public is killing each other for human organs. You Nigerians are the epitome of sub_human..just look at how you behave abroad

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by TMKsouth: 1:58am On Aug 10, 2021
DarkCaesar:
Nairaland wey get yahoo and drugs threads and many links to Malay for illegal stuffs lol……Nigerians should learn to live with this, it has come to stay, if anyone is denied entrance into a particular country try another or stay and build yours. If the OP like make e rant till Jesus come nothing changes. Come to think of it, what makes South Africa a special country or it’s useless sub human slave citizens?

What are u saying dude? Confused and crying and bored. cry
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Ishilove: 9:57am On Aug 10, 2021
YorubaNinja:

Madam, focus on the content & objectivity of the message rather than your useless obscurity.

Nigerians and their uselessness sha... See as dem love to carry the eloquence of other pple's language at their own expense. angry

NONSENSE!
Now that you have emitted your brain fart, you can now slither back to the slime hole you crawled out from. Imbecile_
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by DarkCaesar(m): 11:18am On Aug 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

What are u saying dude? Confused and crying and bored. cry
just bored nothing more……are you an entertainer?
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by caandi: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
This is not a new news naa.. no be today Nigeria has been disgracing themselves. Once you travel overseas and meet a white man and tell him you’re from Nigeria their expression will change. But if you say you’re from Ghana or southy or a black American, respect you dey
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
UDUJ:

Just imagine the idiot saying he can give a daily return of 5% on investment. There is no investment in the world that can promise such returns. And I am sure some gullible fellows will fall for his scam. It's sad really.

No worries bro.o was just surprised when I saw the mention cheesy
see for your self I give more than 5% this is forex and not ponzi scheme I am not a scam I have my government identification ID card

Login and see my live account for your self I made 100% profit today

Broker: Deriv Limited

Server: Deriv-Server

Login: 492945

Password: @10passworD@10

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by RodgersAkpafu: 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2021
Great6Pack:
Why will they not commit crime when the only thing we celebrate here is money and things money can buy? No one care to know your source of livelihood but your cars, jewelries, houses etc.

Those other African countries don't worship money but dedication and hard work. So many influencers in Nigeria with shaddy business covered up with known business as front.

Nigerians I hail thee!
This here is the problem
Glorification of vanity
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by RodgersAkpafu: 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Are Nigerians the only ones committing crimes there? In fact the percentage of Nigerians committing crimes is small compared to the ones committed by the natives of that country.
This is NOT true
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by RodgersAkpafu: 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
Bobxin:
When someone tries to address the problems of this country, these illiterate and dumb tribalist gingoists comes here to start their tribalistic competition smh
Wahala nor come plenty lak this
Dont mind them

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by KaptainAfrika: 9:03am On Aug 20, 2021
If that's the case, the Arabs, Chinese and Russians would never be allowed into the US - their citizens sometimes carry out espionage against the US while in the US and some have even carried out terror attacks, the problem is international clout which Nigeria does not have anymore...leave all this unattainable everyone must be on their best behavior abroad idealism, have you not heard of the rowdy British tourists...MONEY TALKS.

abbey621:

You missed the point, you can't be guest in another country and start misbehaving. The things you get away with in your home, your guests might not be able to do the same and not draw your anger.

Visa to America or Europe is a privilege not a right, if we keep abusing it then those who have genuine business or need will end up being denied due to our reputation.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by abbey621(m): 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2021
KaptainAfrika:
If that's the case, the Arabs, Chinese and Russians would never be allowed into the US - their citizens sometimes carry out espionage against the US while in the US and some have even carried out terror attacks, the problem is international clout which Nigeria does not have anymore...leave all this unattainable everyone must be on their best behavior abroad idealism, have you not heard of the rowdy British tourists...MONEY TALKS.

If you think you have a hard time getting into the USA, imagine being a Russian and trying to get a visa there grin grin grin. You people do not realize the using Russia, China as examples only works against you, it's my whole f*cking point! If rowdy, unlawful behaviors continues then it will become much harder for these host countries to extend hospitality. This is not about clout, race or other bullshit, it is a fact! I suggest you research more on the topic, compare the number of Russians given visas to the USA to that of Nigerians in the past 5 years, the difference will blow your mind!
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by KaptainAfrika: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2021
1. The Chinese are in the top 3 nationalities in the US - the Chinese and Indians feature predominantly in academics in the US...despite Chinese continuous espionage, which is a greater threat to the US.
2. Until the recent spat with Putin before Trump, Russian women married to Oligarchs were coming in flocks to have their babies in the US, so they can have dual citizenship...bad relations between both Countries caused a drop in travels
3. Despite of the fact that Saudi Arabia for instance sponsors Wahabi terrorists, their citizens have it easy when getting into the US compared to Nigerians...due to middle-east considerations.
4. International clout and economic power/potential is why South Africans have more international access than Nigerians for example.
5. This fantasy about Nigerian behavior abroad being the sole reason for small or limited access internationally, can only be due to a lack of self-esteem, low self-worth, inferiority complex - incase you don't know before Nigeria became a country, the Italians migrated to the US in droves, a minority formed the Mafia but despite the criminality of the Mafia and its negative impact, Italians still find it easier to get to the US - Same with Mexicans...who run the Mexican cartels...and get Visa on Arrival at the US Border!.
6. Its their country las las, and they alone can determine who can come in...but for you to claim it is the behavior of Nigerians...is a myth perpetuated by the Nigerian government that can not be bothered in improving the welfare of its citizens and its standing in the world.

abbey621:

If you think you have a hard time getting into the USA, imagine being a Russian and trying to get a visa there grin grin grin. You people do not realize the using Russia, China as examples only works against you, it's my whole f*cking point! If rowdy, unlawful behaviors continues then it will become much harder for these host countries to extend hospitality. This is not about clout, race or other bullshit, it is a fact! I suggest you research more on the topic, compare the number of Russians given visas to the USA to that of Nigerians in the past 5 years, the difference will blow your mind!
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by abbey621(m): 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
KaptainAfrika:
1. The Chinese are in the top 3 nationalities in the US - the Chinese and Indians feature predominantly in academics in the US...despite Chinese continuous espionage, which is a greater threat to the US.
2. Until the recent spat with Putin before Trump, Russian women married to Oligarchs were coming in flocks to have their babies in the US, so they can have dual citizenship...bad relations between both Countries caused a drop in travels
3. Despite of the fact that Saudi Arabia for instance sponsors Wahabi terrorists, their citizens have it easy when getting into the US compared to Nigerians...due to middle-east considerations.
4. International clout and economic power/potential is why South Africans have more international access than Nigerians for example.
5. This fantasy about Nigerian behavior abroad being the sole reason for small or limited access internationally, can only be due to a lack of self-esteem, low self-worth, inferiority complex - incase you don't know before Nigeria became a country, the Italians migrated to the US in droves, a minority formed the Mafia but despite the criminality of the Mafia and its negative impact, Italians still find it easier to get to the US - Same with Mexicans...who run the Mexican cartels...and get Visa on Arrival at the US Border!.
6. Its their country las las, and they alone can determine who can come in...but for you to claim it is the behavior of Nigerians...is a myth perpetuated by the Nigerian government that can not be bothered in improving the welfare of its citizens and its standing in the world.

You are missing the point and your hasty analysis further proves my point. Go back and reasearch the amount of visas issued to Nigerians and that of Chinese, compare the percentage of denials, same goes for Russia, the difference is not even close. Even with our soiled reputation, we are still given better treatment than the Chinese or Russians considering their population, this was uncovered during a 2020 audit of the DHS by a company I work for.

Yes you're right the USA is a nation of immigrants but guess what? Italian mass migration stopped since the mid to late 20th century, so did other reputable countries, what you call mafia nowadays are generally Americans with Italian origins, it's not the same as Italian visitors. Your example of Mexican cartel and Mexicans having easier access to US visa is pure hogwash. Again I plead with you to research the amount of denials, if the legal visa process was so easy for them they would not be risking their lives crossing the border in thousands daily.

Finally, where did I mention sole reason? Sounds like you made that bullshit determination on your own. USA is a country that operates on data. There are maximum allocations for visas in a year and they try not to exceed it, preference is given to those who can contribute positively to the USA and penalties are given against those with soiled repuation, this is a fact and not worthy of us arguing about. My premise remains simple, when you're a guest in your host country, make sure to behave appropriately, the consequences not only falls upon you but upon those with intentions of following the same path.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by 1TrippleCee: 11:09am On Nov 24, 2023
Blurpy:
I think the behaviour of Nigerians in diaspora needs to be curtailed or rather we need to caution them often as they are bringing more problems to us. I don't get how some people will be lucky to get visa to a more developed country and go there to constitute nuisance and commit crime to earn a living, some of them even plan before hand to go and overstay their tourist or visit visa and become illegal immigrants.

This is all shades of wrong, we are doing more harm to ourselves as a nation, we should stop that. Some parts of Europe, Nigeria is synonymous with prostitution, while India, South Africa, Thailand etc, a Nigerian is being looked at as a potential drug dealer, other countries like Turkey, Ghana,UAE etc, the scammers there have done a very good job in giving us a bad name.

Recently, some Nigerians in Dubai engaged in cult clash taking human lives in the process which ended up getting a direct employment visa ban on Nigeria.

Ghana, on the other hand has visa free access to Singapore, Dubai, South Africa just to mention a few, while a Nigerian passport holder will have to go through a lot of cash and stress just to visit these places.

I know the country is bad and most people are looking to leave, we should not go to another country to commit crimes, we are only making this harder for ourselves, we will all be stuck here with nowhere to go.

There's no reasonable place a Nigerian passport can take you without visa, even amongst the visa free countries and visa on arrival countries, there's still a high chance of being sent back at the port of entry.

Imagine Nigerians having to wait for four to five months just to get a response from South African embassy here, same Africa oh, just response, not that it'll be approved oh.

Please we should be good ambassadors of our country, there are a lot of Nigerians doing fantastically well in various sectors as medical doctors, nurses , in academia as lecturers, engineers etc, let us not allow the bad deeds overshadow the good deeds.

You'll hardly hear of a Kenyan, a Senegalese etc being caught in a crime outside of their country. The pressure to make it big and fast then come back home to pepper others is a contributing factor! We can do other legitimate business and still make money.

Stop going to Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey etc all in the name of collecting UPDATE to make it!. Please!

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK / World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.