Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion (25503 Views)

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka / Any Religion or Secret group that entices people with money Is satanic / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Babaflenjor: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2021
Ok
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by BamakSNR(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2021
True. But I pray life won't show you that living and life in general is spiritual

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Spending123: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2021
Hichatt:
Have you heard of the Grail message?
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2021
If religion is by compulsion then that one is hypocrisy. If you're old enough, then you can make your choice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Doubuzofficial: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2021
I practice Humanity...

thats not hard to say, is it?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Sas137(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2021
Believe that God exist, work hard, help as much as you can, respect people and honour your parent. Those are what true religion is all about.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Judybash93(m): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2021
My mum is an elder in the church, my father is a strong believer and I'm an unbeliever. Due to the open relationship that I have with my father, i had to come clean so as to let him know that I'm no more a believer. He was shocked at first but when i explained reasons why I'm no more following their religious beliefs, he was satisfied and said that I should choose my way. My mum doesn't know yet.

19 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Zainabthegirl1(f): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2021
It doesn’t matter going to church or mosque but do you believe God exists?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Kennyking1234: 11:37am On Aug 09, 2021
indadi:
My Dad called me this evening to tell me the essence of praying. The thing is that I don't believe praying solves anything Atleast to me. the day I stopped believing and started working more on myself, I found out that things started getting better for me than those who goes to the Church and Mosques.

When I think about a lot of things I have read and what I have experienced I feel like I have always been deceived all my life.

The Pastors and Prophets with their fake miracles or the Boko Haram and their suicide with the reasons of going to heaven to get virgins.

I currently live with them though I plan on moving to my own place by the end of this year or early next year.

I really want to tell them in a polite way so they can accept my way.

My Dad won't accept this, as he believes that it is God or nothing.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by mgbedianya(m): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2021
what religion were their parents?
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 09, 2021
indadi:
My Dad called me this evening to tell me the essence of praying. The thing is that I don't believe praying solves anything Atleast to me. the day I stopped believing and started working more on myself, I found out that things started getting better for me than those who goes to the Church and Mosques.

When I think about a lot of things I have read and what I have experienced I feel like I have always been deceived all my life.

The Pastors and Prophets with their fake miracles or the Boko Haram and their suicide with the reasons of going to heaven to get virgins.

I currently live with them though I plan on moving to my own place by the end of this year or early next year.

Welcome to reality....

#killgod

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Flairoqy(m): 11:38am On Aug 09, 2021
Hichatt:
Have you heard of the Grail message?
Tell us about it.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by NaijaGoBetter20: 11:38am On Aug 09, 2021
Move out first
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by rosalieene(f): 11:38am On Aug 09, 2021
indadi:

the birth of an Atheist.
Just like your dad said, ITS GOD OR NOTHING!!
HE HAS SEEN LIFE. HE KNOWS NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT GOD.
EVER WONDERED WHY PEOPLE AT OLD AGE RUN TO GOD?
HOW MANY OLDER PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE ATHEISTS?
HAVE YOU PONDERED OVER THIS?

WHEN LIFE HITS YOU SO HARD, THEN YOU WILL REALISE THAT ITS GOD OR NOTHING.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by slimhomiequan(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2021
Same with me bro. Though they're beginning to accept my decision

Started staying on my own since I was 17..

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Hichatt: 11:39am On Aug 09, 2021
Flairoqy:

Tell us about it.
Search for Grailmessage on nairaland he has all you need to know
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by nosagold(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2021
The funny thing is, there is actually no middle ground spiritually. You'll realize later in life that your middle ground was actually satan. I made a decision early in life, that it's either I serve my Lord Jesus or death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by realray(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2021
my prayer for you is that you encounter the KING OF KINGS HIMSELF JESUS CHRIST SON OF THE LIVING GOD....

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by gidado14(m): 11:40am On Aug 09, 2021
indadi:

leave them now just run away but just know that you are doomed

leave them now just run away but just know that you are doomed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by RodgersAkpafu: 11:40am On Aug 09, 2021
indadi:

You dont have to
That's the plain truth
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by FORWARDEVERLY: 11:40am On Aug 09, 2021
Lol...
We have been there. ...

No longer gives a fvck about religion since a long time ago..

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Kreamie(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2021
The disappointment that’ll follow cry
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by KallmemrB0: 11:41am On Aug 09, 2021
JaneYave:
The prayers you don't pray today, You will pray tomorrow.
Storms are so real. It takes prayers to stand strong when they come.
I pray this guy don't experience what they actually call life.....

Bible that says praying without ceasing... is not a child's play oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Trustedpronet: 11:41am On Aug 09, 2021
Leaving your religion is cool if you found it lacking but not believing God exist is a red flag. Pray for God to direct your steps. Sincerely I know your pain about prayers...you are expecting instant response while you are not getting it. God answers your genuine prayers when you mostly need them.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Professorcplus(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2021
@op indadi. Welcome to reality... It only takes one with a bold mind to take such bold decision.... I was once like you... But I will share you with few life skills... Because, religion is embedded in our society.

A. You have to create a purpose for yourself to fill into those your over religion era. Truly one of the purpose of religion is to create purpose and meanings to this meaningless life. If the meaning becomes obscure, you create one for yourself...

B. Not being religious doesn't mean you have to become bad and lost your humanity in you. You have just over grown doing good thing for religion/heavenly rewards, instead, you do then for doing sake, out of good will regardless.

C. You need to recreate yourself, listen to podcasts, topic you seem interested, read book, you can even start exploring other religions book/bible, listen to the christian sermon. There are good lessons and life principles you can pick up from them all discarding the unirrelevant ones.

D. No doubt, you will always found yourself among the religious one, learn to get along with then, you don't necessarily need agree with then, Afterall everyone has a belief of disbelief in something.. Just stick to what you belief in. As for your parents, play along till they get the drift.

E. Learn to know that your destiny is in your hand. Do what you can do within your capacity/hand and do not leave everything to changes just like majority of xtains, they pray, pray more than they work.. and abandon major life principles...

F. Regardless of what you are, who you are, life can be hard, and funny enough, it doesn't give sh!t about anyone. People stick to religion because it simple make then feel good during trying times... You might as well have overgrown solidarity in the concept of God/religion but attimes, we need to keep our imagination higher. Find what give you that high fantasy. One of mine is casting crown songs and other good lyrics, I watch how superman save the world, I day dream even though I don't believe but it makes me feel better.

G. Lastly, don't waist all your youthful time, trying to make a point to people especially people of different faith, keep your faith to yourself, and let your actions do the talking. everyone can't agree with you. Just like most xtains don't associates with unbelivers, just like other religions doesn't associates with other. Move with those that accept you and leave those who doesn't just like King Solomon in the bible.

Religion put you in cage, you have to liberate yourself from man-made concept
Cc. KallmemrB0, rosalieene,  BamakSNR, janeYave

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by AerialMapper: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2021
You don't need to...once you live under your own roof and pay your own bills.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by actright2(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2021
You only need to understand what religion really is and what it is not. For instance, you have taken Islam as nothing else other than the ideology and operations of Boko Haraam and other terrorist organizations. This is far from it. As a matter of fact, Muslims do not agree with such actions as those exhibited by such terrorists. Holding on to pristine Islaam gives you the peace of mind everyone seeks. Study Islamic religion and you'll appreciate this.
indadi:

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by starpower(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2021
indadi:

Just learn to pretend, when you have financial freedom they will cooperate. My late mum became less assertive after I became financially independent.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by freetheking: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2021
Afamsi:
I bet you don't know much about Christianity. Christianity never encourages laziness. In Christianity you back your belief with your work.
I agree with you for faith without work is dead.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Sleekfingers: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2021
indadi:

same here too.......i dont pray for anything........i just do what i gotta to do............

it depends how deep your parents are into religion......and also depends how you understand and communicate with your parents.......just look for the right time to tell them.....i bet you they will understand........it better you let them know where you stand...than lying to them.......

Wahala go dey small when you want to marry o......if you know what i mean......

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Man Does Acrobatics During Deliverance Session Conducted By 'Snake Pastor'.Photo / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.