Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! (1404 Views)

Woman 'Executed By Taliban For Not Wearing Burqa' (Graphic Photos) / Condester Sichwale Thrown Out Of Tanzanian Parliament For Wearing Tight Trousers / Man Ordered To Leave Mall In South Africa For Wearing 'Indecent' African Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:20am On Aug 09, 2021
A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home to treat her sick husband.
In fact, they were assassins who'd come to kill her.

Carolina Echeverría let three people into her home, as they were disguised as doctors.

She believed they had come to care for her husband, but they attacked him and shot her in the head.

No arrests have been made, and it is not clear what was the motive for the killing.

An assassination squad tricked a Honduras politician into letting them into her home before shooting her dead

Carolina Echeverría, a former presidential candidate who was running to win back her former seat assumed the visitors - dressed in full medical protective gear, including masks - were at her home to tend to her husband, who was infected with COVID-19.

The disguised trio - two men and a woman - shot Echeverría in the head, killing her.
Her husband, former police chief Andrés Urtecho, tried to fight them off

Urtecho told a local radio station that he watched the attackers enter the house and seize his wife, at which point he jumped out of his sickbed to try and save her, The Times report. 

I went out into the hall with the gun in my hand and fired about 11 shots," said Urtecho, who was wounded in the leg in the attack.

"My wife turned her face towards me and then they shot her in the left temple.

The attackers then fled in a getaway vehicle. There have been no reports of any arrests or suspects, but few people knew Urtecho was suffering with COVID-19, limiting the number of people who would have been able to use this information.

"That information could only be known by people in the house, where there were three workers, a niece, my wife, my son and his wife," Urtecho said.

Rommel Martínez, head of the investigative police in Honduras, said in a news conference on July 27 that detectives were pursuing multiple trains of investigation, but had not understood whether Echeverría was the victim of a home invasion or a targeted killing.

Martínez said authorities did not have enough evidence to make any arrests yet.

Modesto Morales, coordinator of the United Development Platform for Indigenous and Afro Peoples, noted his fears that Echeverría's murder would not be solved, AP report. 

Honduras is renowned to be a country with a serious violence problem, with 40 homocides for every 100,000 residents - double the rate in the United States.

Dominique.
Mynd44.

https://www.insider.com/honduras-ex-mp-killed-by-assassins-disguised-as-doctors-in-ppe-2021-8

2 Likes

Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by LokoH(m): 7:21am On Aug 09, 2021
I tink say na wetin kosan me sef
Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2021
What a crazy world we live in! shocked

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by princemillla(m): 7:28am On Aug 09, 2021
What a crazy world we live !

Human life is no longer precious in the sight of another human. Imagine wasting taking a soul u can’t create. Imagine killing someone u can’t eat. Some people heart Dey there ass !!
Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by TheFacelessMan: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2021
sad
Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by Pierocash(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2021
Security around politically exposed persons in Nigeria is far stronger than most Countries of the world. The way top politicians In other countries are been assassinated shows how weak their security system is.

Haiti's President Jovennel Moisi,now this one.

In Nigeria here,you can't even go close to ordinary local government chairman,not to talk assassination.

1 Like

Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by money121(m): 7:32am On Aug 09, 2021
Too bad
Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by Zainabthegirl1(f): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2021
Quite sad
Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by tillaman(m): 7:37am On Aug 09, 2021
Tomorrow isn’t assured
Even people with the baddest, toughest son of bittches as their guards are getting smoked on a daily talk more of some of wey no even get ordinary Ekuke for house

1 Like

Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by feezay86: 7:41am On Aug 09, 2021
Pierocash:
Security around politically exposed persons in Nigeria is far stronger than most Countries of the world. The way top politicians In other countries are been assassinated shows how weak their security system is.

In Nigeria here,you can't even go close to ordinary local government chairman,not to talk assassination.

Trust me we don't have sophisticated assassins here in Nigeria if not.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by jaymichael(m): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2021
Pierocash:

you no lie.
Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by daddytime(m): 7:44am On Aug 09, 2021
That husband should be quizzed further.

He should be the first suspect.

He knows more than he's letting on.
Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by yanabasee1(m): 8:06am On Aug 09, 2021
daddytime:

If you become a police officer... you go Sabi arrest people oh...
Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:08am On Aug 09, 2021
daddytime:

You may not be far from the truth.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by Pierocash(m): 9:20am On Aug 09, 2021
feezay86:

Trust me we don't have sophisticated assassins here in Nigeria if not.....
that is not true. What is sophisticated in these assassination? You knocked someone's door with PPE and they allowed you in. Someone of that Calibre? That is too cheap,that technique can't even work for ordinary ward chairman of a political party here ,not to talk of someone like Atiku Abubakar,or Tinubu
Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by feezay86: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2021
Pierocash:
that is not true. What is sophisticated in these assassination? You knocked someone's door with PPE and they allowed you in. Someone of that Calibre? That is too cheap,that technique can't even work for ordinary ward chairman of a political party here ,not to talk of someone like Atiku Abubakar,or Tinubu

That maybe a summary of how the PPE people gained entrance, I believe they must have secured an appointment and impersonated the real medical team., who knows......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A politician let 3 'doctors' wearing full PPE into her home and this happened! by joyandfaith: 4:30am On Aug 12, 2021
feezay86:

That maybe a summary of how the PPE people gained entrance, I believe they must have secured an appointment and impersonated the real medical team., who knows......

You get it.
During housemanship in UCH, i observed that it would not be difficult for assassins to disguise as porters, technicians and doctors.
Main reason why Nigerian politicians prefer travelling abroad for medical treatment is because public hospitals are not safe.no cctv. poor lightning.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

£5million In Supercars Seized From Paris Home Of President Of Equatorial Guinea. / Africa Topic / 11Year Old Yemeni Girl Nada Al-Ahdal Flees Home To Avoid Forced Marriage (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.