Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,806 members, 7,806,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed (18208 Views)

How I Killed Iniubong Umoren - Frank Uduak-Akpan Confesses (Photos, Video) / Uduak-Frank Akpan's Compound Where Iniobong Umoren Was Murdered, Buried (photos) / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by BBYYOLA: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
A friend of called me today to sought for my advise and views for the choice he will make between these two jobs. I told him i will get back to him when i think over it. Pls us with ur advise

First Job is with a Federal Institution in Abuja. The job is permanent and pensionable. And the starting salary is 110k monthly. Though he doesnt have accommodation.

Second Job with NGO in one of the state in the north. Although the job is a contract one for one month. Renewable after every month but may not last more than 4months. The salary is 220k. But no certainty that whether the contract may last 2 months to come.

My friend's plan was to work small in Nigeria get some money marry and migrate to UK or US. Although he is a health worker a nurse.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by yuping(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
Oga long time source is good, even quitting at your own accord is also better after much planning, which is the best.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by wunmi590(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by donPhill(m): 6:06am On Aug 10, 2021
The contract duration is not long enough plus the is just times 2 and there's uncertainty if it will be renewed automatically, so I advise you go for the fg job, trust me you will save up and still japa at will

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Elzakzaky: 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2021
Just do both and earn ₦330,000

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Heineken(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
Bro dash me one. Help me talk to your friend please

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by bigdammyj: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
Okay
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by FirstSon01: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
The latter looks more enticing considering he wants to work long term but the FG job is way better as far as he can discipline himself not to remain there and actually plan towards his desired relocation.

All he best to him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by BigDawsNet: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
go for permanent 110k...

Work for few years

Save like crazy

Migrate to the UK

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by afesco: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
Contract job dey mad!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by sisisioge: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
Contract job biko!
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by usecondom(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
Federal job

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Houseofglam7(f): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
Neither
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by illicit(m): 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
FG job o abeg
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by TitanzStudio(m): 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
FG na him sure pass

3 Likes

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by GorillaApp(m): 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
No brainer here!

FG job

2 Likes

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by SilverDesign(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
Fed.

Anyways
Hello, I create professional ANIMATIONS to advertise your products, services, business etc.....
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Faigi2010(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
Federal sure pass
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by PAWG(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
Contract.

Just kidding

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by sisisioge: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
donPhill:
The contract duration is not long enough plus the is just times 2 and there's uncertainty if it will be renewed automatically, so I advise you go for the fg job, trust me you will save up and still japa at will

He should take the contract even if its 1y or less. He can then start searching. For federal jobs, unless you want to be shady, it take a long time to start earning that much. I will take the contract job without blinking biko
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Chillext(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
where una dey see all these jobs?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Ogbenisoft28(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
Give me that your friend’s contact. I have an offer
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by gpercuxionz(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
All this nonsense comparison must stop,shey op dey whine us ni

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Emu4life(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Both the Op and his Friend are DULLARDINHOS

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Akalia(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Where una dey see this high paying job sef?

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by valves: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Well, if I were your friend, I'd go for the federal Job. The uncertainty in contract jobs is just too much. Even if the contract job is an indefinite one, I'd still advise your friend to go for the federal job.

Summary: Federal jobs give you time for other ventures, the job won't be a stressful one (most likely), job security is guaranteed and you can go for extended leave (for studies etc...), not to mention pension and other benefits.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by richyfunky(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
The Federal Job is better
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Carlyscales: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Even a permanent secretary job is not permanent.
Take ur NGO job, save enough and invest or entrepreneurs running jaree
Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by babalonshee(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Fed govt ni oooo

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Legend44(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
No day someone wouldn't come here to seek advise on which job to pick. Where una dey see this jobs beg. Bros make una link me up na.

4 Likes

Re: Which Of The Job Will He Go For? Your Frank Advise Needed by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
100k is not so bad considering the job security and growth, I would say stay with the federal job while having side hustles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Recruiting For Key Account Partner – September 2015 / Application Into The Nigerian Armed Forces 2009 / Work Online From Home And Get Paid Daily And Directly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.