Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) (1679 Views)

Tinubu To Proceed On First Medical Trip To France - Sahara Reporters / First Storey Building In The Old Eastern Nigeria 96yrs After: Pictures & Video / Between SE And SS, Which Region Is More Developed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by Ikwerelastborn: 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2021
Sir Francis Akanu Ibiam KCMG KBE (29 November 1906 - 1 July 1995) was a distinguished medical missionary who was appointed governor of Eastern Region, Nigeria from December 1960 until January 1966 during the Nigerian First Republic.From 1919 to 1951, he was known as Francis Ibiam, and from 1951 to 1967, Sir Francis Ibiam.
Ibiam was born in Unwana, Afikpo, Ebonyi State on 29 November 1906, of Igbo background. He was the second son of Chief Ibiam, a traditional ruler of Unwana.He later became traditional ruler, Eze Ogo Isiala I of Unwana and Osuji of Uburu. He attended Hope Waddell Training Institute, Calabar, and King's College, Lagos, and then was admitted to the University of St. Andrews, graduating with a medical degree in 1934. He was accepted as a medical missionary of the Church of Scotland, in which role he established Abiriba hospital (1936–1945) and later superintended mission hospitals at Itu and Uburu.
Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by SirBlack999(m): 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
Benin slave. I no longer understand this your romancing of ndiigbo. Chineke wetin dey occur?

2 Likes

Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by atorioke(m): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2021
SirBlack999:
Benin slave. I no longer understand this your romancing of ndiigbo. Chineke wetin dey occur?

Say Eastern region, Igbo and South South minus Delta and Edo. No part of Delta and Edo was part of Eastern region.

1 Like

Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by Ikwerelastborn: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2021
SirBlack999:
I'm ikwerre and I'm igbo, everyone has a right to decide for themselves

3 Likes

Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by Ikwerelastborn: 7:55pm On Aug 10, 2021
atorioke:

Say Eastern region, Igbo and South South minus Delta and Edo. No part of Delta and Edo was part of Eastern region.
Even including it what I said still remains relevant
Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by SirBlack999(m): 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

no you're not. You can't be Igbo under fair weather and ikwerre when there's a bad one. Obi walk created the ikwerre identity so you guys can take over igbo properties and work in oil company. Now oil is slowly losing its value and you're Igbo again. We haven't forgotten how wike and your people supported Obigbo massacre. Bkayy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by Ikwerelastborn: 10:17am On Aug 13, 2021
SirBlack999:
no you're not. You can't be Igbo under fair weather and ikwerre when there's a bad one. Obi walk created the ikwerre identity so you guys can take over igbo properties and work in oil company. Now oil is slowly losing its value and you're Igbo again. We haven't forgotten how wike and your people supported Obigbo massacre. Bkayy
Well you're not in the position to tell me whom I am

2 Likes

Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by newbornmacho(m): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Ikwerre are not igbo. So say your elders and we now fully accept it. Please stay in your lane.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by SirBlack999(m): 11:12am On Aug 13, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Well you're not in the position to tell me whom I am
Shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by Ikwerelastborn: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2021
newbornmacho:

Ikwerre are not igbo. So say your elders and we now fully accept it. Please stay in your lane.
Amaechi and I are proud igbos
Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by newbornmacho(m): 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Amaechi and I are proud igbos

Sorry. Too late. Stick with Benin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by Tranquill: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2021
newbornmacho:

Sorry. Too late. Stick with Benin.

SirBlack999:

Shut up

newbornmacho:

SirBlack999:

The clown that you guys are attacking is your fellow Igbo man that is not proud of who he is, but impersonating just like many of you do.
He is the same person as Ezewuzie01 and he is not Ikwerre. You guys should be guided and channel your insults to the right direction.
Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by atorioke(m): 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Even including it what I said still remains relevant

No, you're wrong.
Re: Behold The First Medical Doctor from Old Eastern Region(SE And SS) by Ikwerelastborn: 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2021
atorioke:

No, you're wrong.
Bring forth your prove

(1) (Reply)

Niger State Governor Didn't Endorse Bola Tinubu - See What Happened / IPOB: Why ‘we Are No Longer Taking Orders From Nnamdi Kanu’ – Simon Ekpa / The Game Behind The Numerous APC Aspirants, Despite The High Cost Of Forms.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.