Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4551621 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) ... (6168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by bigkesh(m): 10:02am On Feb 08, 2016
BarcaBlood:
Upcoming fixtures
Is there a return leg against Valencia?? Haa!!!!!!!!

We need our pundit back in one piece
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2016
ollah1:

Check ur mail
Replied.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by martineinstein(m): 11:02am On Feb 08, 2016
ollah1:

Na hin way. Prior to the bail, the ref did his earlier by denying Granada a real goal just like they did for us.
u suppose no say laliga na Madrid-controlled league...bilbao and atm Dey wait for them this month
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:10am On Feb 08, 2016
bigkesh:
Is there a return leg against Valencia?? Haa!!!!!!!!

We need our pundit back in one piece

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
PSG wanting to splash a 100m on our average Busi this Summer. shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by bigkesh(m): 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
bykebyke:
PSG wanting to splash a 100m on our average Busi this Summer. shocked lipsrsealed
believe every rumour
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
bigkesh:

believe every rumour
Chelsea are also interested. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
bykebyke:

How far bruv? That app dey hang your phone sef?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by bigkesh(m): 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
bykebyke:

Why will Emenalo want Busquet when there are Sissoko and Paulinho....His superstars
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
dmcdad:

How far bruv? That app dey hang your phone sef?
Hang ke??...nothing like that o.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
bigkesh:

Why will Emenalo want Busquet when there are Sissoko and Paulinho....His superstars
I do not know for him,fact is,you guys can't get him..Chelsea doesn't have what it takes. grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by erusen: 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
bigkesh:

believe every rumour
u say wentin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
bykebyke:
Hang ke??...nothing like that o.
Fixed. An issue with my ROM.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pelvicky(m): 11:31am On Feb 09, 2016
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pelvicky(m): 11:34am On Feb 09, 2016
got this from barcablaugranes .....somehow funny

Barcelona Can Break Record
Against Valencia, But It Shouldn't
Be a Priority

The Blaugrana could break the club record
for longest unbeaten streak with a draw or
win against Valencia in midweek.
Stop me if you heard this one. Barcelona’s
treble winning coach is on a record 28 game
unbeaten streak, having won 23 of those
matches. In that span they scored 85 goals,
conceding only 14.

It happened in 2011. It almost happened this
year. The only point of departure is that Luis
Enrique ’s men scored 86 goals, while Pep
Guardiola’s team got 85. Everything else is the
same - 23 wins, 5 draws, 0 losses, 14 goals
against.

How did Pep’s team streak ever end? Well,
interestingly they lost the second leg of a Copa
del Rey tie, one in which they had walloped the
opposition in the first leg. In that case, it was a
5-0 first leg win over Real Betis , with Messi
grabbing a hat trick, and a shock 1-3 loss in the
second leg.

Now, Lucho’s streak could end this week
against Valencia, whom they walloped 7-0 in
the first leg, with Messi grabbing a hat trick. Is
that enough glitches in the Matrix yet?
Last time Barcelona scored 7 with
one player scoring 4 and the other 3
was in 1955. The 4 goals were scored
by a man named Luis Suarez!
— Luis Mazariegos (@luism8989)
February 3, 2016

Well, it’s not all. After Barcelona’s streak ended
in January 2011, they faced Arsenal in the
Round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League.
They’ve been drawn with the same team this
season.

Back then, Barcelona lost the first leg to
Arsenal, 2-1. but advanced with a strong
showing at Camp Nou, winning 3-1 and 4-3 on
aggregate. Arsenal were in third place at the
time Barcelona's streak was broken in 2011,
and they are in third place now heading into
the the hypothetical 29th match in the current
streak.

Barcelona fans will be hoping for a repeat of
2011 in the Champions League and in La Liga,
when Pep’s men completed a famous double.
They’ll even be hoping to do one better and
win the Copa del Rey as well.
The streak matters, sure, but in the end, it’ll be
a footnote if Barcelona doesn’t win major
silverware this season. This is what happened
to Real Madrid ’s 22-win streak last season, for
example.

In 2011, Pep Guardiola sent out a weakened
team in that second leg against Betis. Dani
Alves, Carles Puyol, Andres Iniesta, Pedro, and
David Villa were all rested, while Eric Abidal
and Sergio Busquets had cameo roles only.
Only two regulars completed the full 90 - Leo
Messi and Gerard Pique.

Lucho is expected to do a similar thing here.
With the fixture dates piling up, many players
are due a night off. He may do it even if it
means risking his unbeaten streak - just as Pep
Guardiola did.

Luis Enrique summed it up: "When the season
is over, we'll see if the streak served any
purpose. We have to wait until the end."

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
pelvicky:
got this from barcablaugranes .....somehow funny

Waohhh, it's so funny really!
I'm sure the big boys will be rested, but the likes of Batra, sandro, Muniru and co should be able to fight for a draw. I don't see us loosing to Valencia. They are crap really.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
@EyoNiggar: Pls Holla back on FB baba, its urgent.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
sebod:

I'm sure the big boys will be rested, but the likes of Batra, sandro, Muniru and co should be able to fight for a draw. I don't see us loosing to Valencia. They are crap really.

Real Betis were crappier cheesy in 2011.
Fvck it! They were not even playing in La Liga that year.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
Austeenx:

Real Betis were crappier cheesy in 2011.
Fvck it! They were not even playing in La Liga that year.
You are right. I just hope the boys would be able battle for draw for the sake of the record.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
sebod:

You are right. I just hope the boys would be able battle for draw for the sake of the record.
A draw wouldn't be too much to ask for irrespective of the players. If Sportin can leave the Mestella with a victory, I wonder why the boys wouldn't be able to get a draw.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
sebod:

Qualification for the final is the main thing, win, lose or draw. The big boys should get a rest

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:26pm On Feb 09, 2016
barackohandso:

Qualification for the final is the main thing, win, lose or draw. The big boys should get a rest
I concur.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pelvicky(m): 11:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
sebod:

I see us losing to Valencia..... ..some pride 2 fight 4
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pelvicky(m): 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
€100M bid for Arda turan by a Chinese club
another bid for alves

chisos!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by calculator123(m): 9:45am On Feb 10, 2016
we are playing straight draw.
and it happened lol..o gary,stop talking and resign.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:57am On Feb 10, 2016
pelvicky:
I wouldn't agree to that till I see the line up.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:43am On Feb 10, 2016
Valdano: "Messi is Maradona every day. It is June 1986 for 5 years now. The last 5 years, Messi is the Maradona of the World Cup in Mexico."
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:20am On Feb 10, 2016
Official: 18 players called up for Valencia game,

Squad (vs Valencia): Ter Stegen, Masip, Vidal, Douglas, Bartra, Vermaelen, Mathieu, Adriano, Samper, Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, Gumbau, Kaptoum, Alena, Camara, Romera, Munir, Sandro.

Bravo, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Arda, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez, Neymar not called up.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 11:40am On Feb 10, 2016
dmcdad:
Official: 18 players called up for Valencia game,

Squad (vs Valencia): Ter Stegen, Masip, Vidal, Douglas, Bartra, Vermaelen, Mathieu, Adriano, Samper, Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, Gumbau, Kaptoum, Alena, Camara, Romera, Munir, Sandro.

Bravo, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Arda, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez, Neymar not called up.
Nawah oooo, Valencia don suffer. Na B team wan follow them play.
Let me guess the line up for the match:

.................Stegen.........
Vidal......Batra........Vermaelen.....Mathieu..

................samper...........

......Rakitic................Kaptoum....

Roberto.......Muniru..........Sandro.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
sebod:
Nawah oooo, Valencia don suffer. Na B team wan follow them play. Let me guess the line up for the match:
.................Stegen......... Vidal......Batra........Vermaelen.....Mathieu..
................samper...........
......Rakitic................Kaptoum....
Roberto.......Muniru..........Sandro.
Hmmm. You sef don see as Gary worse reach.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 12:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
dmcdad:

Hmmm. You sef don see as Gary worse reach.cheesy
I dey tell you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
pelvicky:
Only God knows the Barcelona you are seeing. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) ... (6168) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.