Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4569635 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3234) (3235) (3236) (3237) (3238) (3239) (3240) ... (6179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2018
homesteady:

We don't need him to be scoring goals like he was doing in Sevilla. Rakitic has never been a good creative midfielder, his skill is running after every ball. But Barcelona always have the ball on most occasions and we get attacked only just a few times. Therefore his creative side is needed more often, but he doesn't offer any noteworthy creativity and that's why Messi drops so deep.
This is not true of Rakitic, at Sevilla, he was the creative force, he has had to adapt tp the role expected of him at Barcelona, the coach can't keep playing him if he is not delivering according to the game plan...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Coutinho14: 1:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
wicked Ororo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Coutinho14: 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
beardless Leo is back!

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
patrickmuf:
This is not true of Rakitic, at Sevilla, he was the creative force, he has had to adapt tp the role expected of him at Barcelona, the coach can't keep playing him if he is not delivering according to the game plan...

Suarez was a scoring force at Liverpool and he has had to adapt to the barca style, the coach has been playing him and he has been delivering according to the game plan.

orisirisi
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2018
homesteady:

We don't need him to be scoring goals like he was doing in Sevilla. Rakitic has never been a good creative midfielder, his skill is running after every ball. But Barcelona always have the ball on most occasions and we get attacked only just a few times. Therefore his creative side is needed more often, but he doesn't offer any noteworthy creativity and that's why Messi drops so deep.
Not true. A bleacher report article prior to Rakitic's transfer to Barca and Wikipedia (stats when he was at Sevilla)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Avraham: 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
Coutinho14:
beardless Leo is back!
He should try remove the tattoos
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
Enough said.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2018
Messi has gone back to this face.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
patrickmuf:

The role is bringing balance or more like doing dirty work on the right side, which he is doing well and everybody agrees with this. But like I said in my previous post, we are always in possession of the ball, which automatically means we have less chasing after balls to do, therefore, his creative side should be more on display. But sadly no. He hardly does any innovative or risky thing to aid our offense, except his long distance shots.

Yes we want him to continue to bring solidity to that right side, but he also needs to add more elements to him game, which is the advantage other top club midfielders have over ours.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
femiti:

Suarez was a scoring force at Liverpool and he has had to adapt to the barca style, the coach has been playing him and he has been delivering according to the game plan.

orisirisi
I hope you're not looking at Suarez and thinking he should be acoring like Messi? He has been great for Barcelona and currently he is on the decline ao your point about his days at Liverpool doesn't hold water...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2018
Miremoses1:
lol, this is the 11th time I'm seeing this post online.
grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
jonsnow92:
NOOOOOOO!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2018
I think most folks here don't understand what some of us imply when we say Rakitic has been doing a great job for the team albeit one that isn't aesthetically pleasant on the eye...
If you want him to play like Xavi or offer more in attack then you must know this, Barcelona doesn't have a RW as Messi is fond of drifting into the AM position thus Roberto is left exposed everytime a team attacks through the right of Barcelona's defense where you have a slow Roberto, slow Pique (age factor and a Messi that doesn't really track back)...Now this is where Rakitic is a necessity...
On the left of the team, you have a Dembele who does a lot of tracking back and who has pace to burn, you also have Alba who is very fast and covering up for him is Umtiti who is one of the fastest CBs around thus you don't have same defensive burden placed on Coutinho...
When Xavi was in that Midfield, you had a much younger Busi in midfield who covered so much distance on the pitch, you also had a younger Alves and a Pique who was very much on top his game thus the midfield didn't have the responsibility of always covering up for Alves as Pique and Busi did so with aplomb...
I expect a fan who watches most of gis team's games to know these...

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
We are talking about a player with the highest number of completed passes in laliga last season...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
Now let's compare stats of Modric and Rakitic for last season. (Screenshot below) I'm using Modric because he plays almost the same role with Rakitic.

- From the stats, You can see how Modric destroys Rakitic in offensive contributions.
- You can also see Modric defensive contribution, which is quite similar to Rakitic contribution, except unsurprisingly aerial duels. he even makes more interceptions and tackles than Rakitic.

This just sums my problem with Rakitic.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2018
patrickmuf:
I think most folks here don't understand what some of us imply when we say Rakitic has been doing a great job for the team albeit one that isn't aesthetically pleasant on the eye...
If you want him to play like Xavi or offer more in attack then you must know this, Barcelona doesn't have a RW as Messi is fond of drifting into the AM position thus Roberto is left exposed everytime a team attacks through the right of Barcelona's defense where you have a slow Roberto, slow Pique (age factor and a Messi that doesn't really track back)...Now this is where Rakitic is a necessity...

Nobody is disputing this, and we all know this is the reason why Rakitic is important. But I've said this many times here - We are almost always in total control of the ball, with the opponent only getting few brief spells, therefore that right wing is not constantly under attack. The periods when we have the ball, which is the case in most games, what special thing does Rakitic do to help the attack?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2018
Modric plays on the right side of Madrid midfield 3 in the right side of attack, you have Bale or Vasquez who do a good job tracking back, in defense, you have Carvajal and Varane covering up, you can'tcompare that to Messi who hardly tracks back, Roberto who is a midfielder playing RB and an aging Pique.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
still looks the same,doesn't age
jonsnow92:
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
So i just re-watched the 4th goal against PSV, that's messi's 3rd goal, All 10 players(including Ter Stegen) touched the ball with Umtiti sent off, 22 touches all in 60 seconds with the move resulting in a goal. it was glorious.

Frankly I wish we can see more of this, This is the season EV should be judged with.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
MJBOLT:
still looks the same,doesn't age

dippset always says Messi would pray till he's 37, i honestly wish and pray it happens.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2018
Excallibur:
NOOOOOOO!!!!
Lol, i preferred the Lion bearded kinda look though.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
I'm hoping he plays till 40

jonsnow92:
dippset always says Messi would pray till he's 37, i honestly wish and pray it happens.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
patrickmuf:

I hope you're not looking at Suarez and thinking he should be acoring like Messi? He has been great for Barcelona and currently he is on the decline ao your point about his days at Liverpool doesn't hold water...

But rakitic has been peak xavi right?...he is been so good to the extent that the coach keeps playing him just as the "declining" Suarez has been playing too.

What point are you trying to make ffs?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
femiti:

But rakitic has been peak xavi right?...he is been so good to the extent that the coach keeps playing him just as the "declining" Suarez has been playing too.

What point are you trying to make ffs?
You can skip my post...Thanks
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2018
patrickmuf:
You can skip my post...Thanks
grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2018
homesteady:
Now let's compare stats of Modric and Rakitic for last season. (Screenshot below) I'm using Modric because he plays almost the same role with Rakitic.

- From the stats, You can see how Modric destroys Rakitic in offensive contributions.
- You can also see Modric defensive contribution, which is quite similar to Rakitic contribution, except unsurprisingly aerial duels. he even makes more interceptions and tackles than Rakitic.

This just sums my problem with Rakitic.

I don't even think you understand what you are saying or posting.
You were saying one thing and yet posting something else which entirely supports our point.
Check the:
-Total forward passes.
- Total Chances created.
- Successful passes.
- Key passes.
- Assists...
Rakitic trumps in all against Modric using what you posted.
So, exactly what are you even saying?

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2018
patrickmuf:
Modric plays on the right side of Madrid midfield 3 in the right side of attack, you have Bale or Vasquez who do a good job tracking back, in defense, you have Carvajal and Varane covering up, you can'tcompare that to Messi who hardly tracks back, Roberto who is a midfielder playing RB and an aging Pique.

From the stats I posted, Modric defensive contribution isn't far off from Rakitic contribution. In two major defensive stats - Interception and tackles won, Modric even had better stats.
As you rightly said, the Madrid right side is more fortified than Barcelona's, yet we still see Modric posting almost similar defensive stats with Rakitic who is supposed to be guarding Barcelona's weaker right side. This just proves my point that Rakitic doesn't spend a significant period of time defending as you guys are assuming.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2018
philfearon:

I don't even think you understand what you are saying or posting.
You were saying one thing and yet posting something else which entirely supports our point.
Check the:
-Total forward passes.
- Total Chances created.
- Successful passes.
- Key passes.
- Assists...
Rakitic trumps in all against Modric using what you posted.
So, exactly what are you even saying?

Are we looking at the same stats I posted?

Besides Barcelona plays more of possession, so it should be expected that Rakitic have more passes than Modric.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2018
homesteady:

From the stats I posted, Modric defensive contribution isn't far off from Rakitic contribution. In two major defensive stats - Interception and tackles won, Modric even had better stats.
As you rightly said, the Madrid right side is more fortified than Barcelona's, yet we still see Modric posting almost similar defensive stats with Rakitic who is supposed to be guarding Barcelona's weaker right side. This just proves my point that Rakitic doesn't spend a significant period of time defending as you guys are assuming.
Stats doesn't really tell the story in this case, I hope Rakitic misses a couple of games and let's see how the team fares without him...

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LethargiQue: 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2018
Coutinho14:
beardless Leo is back!

I hope the world is ready to be blown
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2018
patrickmuf:
Stats doesn't really tell the story in this case, I hope Rakitic misses a couple of games and let's see how the team fares without him...

This is not the case of them Hazard and Co where the stats don't really tell the story. Modric is one workhorse that always amazes me! Despite his age, that guy still chases after the ball. That's why I've been using him as an example since.

One reason I think Rakitic have refused to improve his game is because there has been no real competition for his spot for a while now. I just hope Arthur comes good, then we'd realise what we've been missing.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
homesteady:

Are we looking at the same stats I posted?

Besides Barcelona plays more of possession, so it should be expected that Rakitic have more passes than Modric.
I'm guessing Tiki taka plays itself!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3234) (3235) (3236) (3237) (3238) (3239) (3240) ... (6179) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.