Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4570516 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3453) (3454) (3455) (3456) (3457) (3458) (3459) ... (6179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2019
femiti:

I don't know about winning at old trashford...all I know is we are winning that tie even if messi doesn't turn up on that night.

The players are all fired up for this...watching their Madrid counterparts lift the ucl year on year is more than a motivation.

I wan see the miracle wey go happen

You say we will win if Messi does not turn up? I am not sure you have been watching either this Barcelona or United in the last one month.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2019
Isomerizm:
You don't seem to understand people's agitation about the passtoMessi syndrome. In whichever team Messi is, or under whichever manager Messi plays, the remaining ten players will always pass to Messi, because, needless to say, he's the most brilliant player on the pitch. He will always be. He sees tjins3others do not see. He knows what to do with the ball, even whenever a player like Xavi has capitulated.

In previous years, people passed to Messi because:

1. He was the best finisher.

2. The Messi magic.

3. He was always the sole contender for the golden shoe (and they did this when it was necessary)

4. When there was no other choice, and players have given up. Even Xavi and Iniesta did this.

But these days, the way players pass to Messi, you wonder if they even think at all. Messi could be in a more disadvantaged situation than, let's say, Dembele, but you see every other player wanting to pass to him, as though they'd been divested of mental vitality [Arthur (for the most part), Busquets, Pique and Umtiti are exceptions to this].

Take that Arthur's pass the other night against Lyon. Dude had a clear opportunity to shoot, and the odds of the ball reaching the back of the net were frèaking high, but he decided to pass to Messi. I don't know what happened to him that night. Perhaps he wanted Messi to score higher than Ronaldo.

You get why people never complained about PasstoMessi before now?
well where I am off track please tell me...
Passing to Messi for him to start plays is understandable, Messi can dribble and has a very good passing range, passing to Messi when in the box is so that Messi will score, being a good dribbler or good passer etc doesn't translate to being a good goalscorer, when players have the ball around the box, the most sensible thing to do is pass to the best finisher in the team, ours is Messi. Someone like Suarez has eyes for just two players, Messi and others. This team has established some sort of rhythm with Messi such that Messi is almost always open for a pass.
As for Arthur, I don't blame him for passing to Messi, he isn't fast nor very strong neither is he a proven goal scorer. He would have been caught and the ball gotten or cleared before he shot and that goalkeeper had already covered him so the best thing to do was to pass, guess who was closest to him?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 9:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
Debroslink:

Nobody said #PasstoMessi is bad. What I said is...
#PASSTOMESSI + strikers' output = UCL titles

#PasstoMessi guarantees La Liga anyday.

#PasstoMessi means letting Messi create and score chances

However, there's nothing like PasstoRonaldo.#PasstoMessi means letting Messi create and score chances. Something I can hardly say of Ronaldo.Ronaldo is a player who is deadly when crosses are involved or space to shoot is available.

well I think there has always been a reliance on Ronaldo to score but maybe not to create. Passing to Messi to score or create, passing to Ronaldo to score, what's the difference? These guys are the greatest goalscorers in the past 11 years, and they always yield trophies, so a reliance on them is excusable. Is it not?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2019
Eruditor:

You say we will win if Messi does not turn up? I am not sure you have been watching either this Barcelona or United in the last one month.
yes, in the first leg...there's always a second leg at nou camp.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackodam: 9:41pm On Mar 16, 2019
Leganes are definitely dropping this 3 points today.

They've been unbeaten at home for quite a long long time. Girona is breaking that
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Taguchi: 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
I'm happy ATM lost today......at least we can now afford to rest players against them before the QF first leg
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
IKON360:

well I think there has always been a reliance on Ronaldo to score but maybe not to create. Passing to Messi to score or create, passing to Ronaldo to score, what's the difference? These guys are the greatest goalscorers in the past 11 years, and they always yield trophies, so a reliance on them is excusable. Is it not?

#PASSTOMESSI is more of creativity than scoring, hence, there's nothing like passtoRonaldo because he's not that creative.

I'm sure you've heard of Tapnaldo or Penaldo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cumz(m): 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2019
barackodam:

They dropped all three

We ten point clear

Now just to revenge over those bastards that defeated us in camp nou last game out
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 10:44pm On Mar 16, 2019
femiti:

We will win the tie, I have no doubt in my heart. I am only saying it won't be as easy as we think. The way they play under OGS counters how we play somewhat except for individual moments of brilliance.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2019
See as wolves deal with Amanda United and u expect them to perform magic against us? I laugh in japanese
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 10:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
hustleranthem:
See as wolves deal with Amanda United and u expect them to perform magic against us? I laugh in japanese

Football is about match ups. United came out to control possession whilst Wolves counter attacked but against us United will set up to ultra defend and counter.

Or does it mean Wolves will beat PSG too?

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2019
calculator123:

It was obvious Countinho got tired and we needed another person to disturb that defence aside Messi. If Countinho has played his part, dembele won't have played.
If he didn't play him and we lost na the same you go still come here rant about why he didn't play Dembele
grin...kindly read what the coach said concerning dembele's injury on marca
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2019
Eruditor:

Football is about match ups. United came out to control possession whilst Wolves counter attacked but against us United will set up to ultra defend and counter.

even possession wolves collect am..so what are you saying boy? Wolves were clearly the better side
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 11:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
Eruditor:

stop giving excuses for your mediocre team and even the possession wolves collect that one too. So what exactly is your point. If wolves can play Amanda like this then there is absolutely nothing they can do against a superior Barca side
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
hustleranthem:
even possession wolves collect am..so what are you saying boy? Wolves were clearly the better side

hustleranthem:
stop giving excuses for your mediocre team and even the possession wolves collect that one too. So what exactly is your point. If wolves can play Amanda like this then there is absolutely nothing they can do against a superior Barca side

I am sorry I quoted you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 6:23am On Mar 17, 2019
femiti:

You'all so infected with this notion of over-relying on performance at Camp Nou, so contemptibly that you trivialise the away game.

This is the second mistake Barça must avoid. Barça must play at Old Trafford as though it were the Bernabou.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 6:30am On Mar 17, 2019
IKON360:

well where I am off track please tell me...
Passing to Messi for him to start plays is understandable, Messi can dribble and has a very good passing range, passing to Messi when in the box is so that Messi will score, being a good dribbler or good passer etc doesn't translate to being a good goalscorer, when players have the ball around the box, the most sensible thing to do is pass to the best finisher in the team, ours is Messi. Someone like Suarez has eyes for just two players, Messi and others. This team has established some sort of rhythm with Messi such that Messi is almost always open for a pass.
As for Arthur, I don't blame him for passing to Messi, he isn't fast nor very strong neither is he a proven goal scorer. He would have been caught and the ball gotten or cleared before he shot and that goalkeeper had already covered him so the best thing to do was to pass, guess who was closest to him?

My point is, players pass to Messi these days not only because he's the best chance creator and goal scorer. They do, because, somehow, their own individual creativity has been replaced with something else: EVEN IF ANOTHER PLAYER IS FREEER THAN MESSI AND IS AT A MORE ADVANTAGED POSITION THAN MESSI, I DONT SEE HIM. I SEE ONLY MESSI.

It doesn't happen all the time, but for the most part, it does. There have been countless occasions, when Coutinho, Alba, Rakitic, Semedo and Suarez could have done something different, even make a run, or passed to another player who was obviously expecting the ball in a more gracious position, but no, they'd pass to Messi, who had obviously just finished tracking back.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by CosmicPhoenix: 6:32am On Mar 17, 2019
gbam

all Barça need to do is score at least 4 goals in the first leg and concede at most 1 goal

Isomerizm:
You'all so infected with this notion of over-relying on performance at Camp Nou, so contemptibly that you trivialise the away game.

This is the second mistake Barça must avoid. Barça must play at Old Trafford as though it were the Bernabou.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:41am On Mar 17, 2019
Isomerizm:

How did we play at the White Hart Lane this season? Did we also over rely on performance at the Camp Nou?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2019
philfearon:

How did we play at the White Hart Lane this season? Did we also over rely on performance at the Camp Nou?
you dey mind am...he didn't even understand my argument with eruditor before quoting my post
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 17, 2019
I love the confidence of my barca fans.
We r winning man u at old Trafford 1-3
Bookmark this angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 10:32am On Mar 17, 2019
Full Jose Mourinho Scouting Report on FC Barcelona from 2005/2006. Amazing the amount of detail that Mourinho and Andre Villas Boas would go into to prepare for the next opponent..Enjoy it's not everyday that this information is shared with the public! #DetailsMakeTheDifference

https://twitter.com/PerformanceAna2/status/1106722625470889984
Happy Sunday y'all

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2019
philfearon:

He has a point. A good one at that. The game at the White Hart Lane was not a knockout game. We all know Barca usually take the group stage by storm. Knockout stage is the koko.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
Isomerizm:

My point is, players pass to Messi these days not only because he's the best chance creator and goal scorer. They do, because, somehow, their own individual creativity has been replaced with something else: EVEN IF ANOTHER PLAYER IS FREEER THAN MESSI AND IS AT A MORE ADVANTAGED POSITION THAN MESSI, I DONT SEE HIM. I SEE ONLY MESSI.

It doesn't happen all the time, but for the most part, it does. There have been countless occasions, when Coutinho, Alba, Rakitic, Semedo and Suarez could have done something different, even make a run, or passed to another player who was obviously expecting the ball in a more gracious position, but no, they'd pass to Messi, who had obviously just finished tracking back.
ok, I get it now, the over reliance on Messi for creative sparks, thank you. You too, Debroslink...
Finally it boils down to our players being more daring with the ball. But being daring comes with self confidence, I just hope they get an overdose when we face Man utd
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
mcdreeezy:

He has a point. A good one at that. The game at the White Hart Lane was not a knockout game. We all know Barca usually take the group stage by storm. Knockout stage is the koko.
since away goal rule came in, the most important matches in UCL are away matches, not home matches. Liverpool, Ajax, Man utd and Porto all qualified because of how their excellent performances away, not home matches but away. Away matches are "importanter"
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
IKON360:

since away goal rule came in, the most important matches in UCL are away matches, not home matches. Liverpool, Ajax, Man utd and Porto all qualified because of how their excellent performances away, not home matches but away. Away matches are "importanter"

Exactly.

Go to Old Trafford, score two goals. Come back to Camp Nou and finish the job.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by CosmicPhoenix: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2019
2 goals aint enough,4-5 is enough

mcdreeezy:

Exactly.

Go to Old Trafford, score two goals. Come back to Camp Nou and finish the job.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:

Obviously. The more the merrier.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cumz(m): 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:

Looool murder!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by gustav25: 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
philfearon:

You this DC minion .... Forget it , Man U got Lingardinho and pogboom doing the black panther hence a Marvel club . Your club must loose against them for sure . Especially when you have a boom like Boateng
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
So we ar playing 4-4-2 today
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hardeycute(m): 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
I saw this somewhere wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3453) (3454) (3455) (3456) (3457) (3458) (3459) ... (6179) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.