Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4569582 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) (3739) (3740) (3741) ... (6179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nihilistjnr: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
spillo1:

Alaye Jor Jor Jor. Nobody rates Gerd Muller above Maradonna world wide . Stop dropping trash in my mentions.

I didn't argue that one with you. You are the one that brought Muller into my conversation about Ororo and Messi.

I'm just educating you on why that is
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nihilistjnr: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
raumdeuter:

Are you sure you are not mixing Gerd Muller with someone else? He was still top scorer in the European cup(CL) in 1977

NTA was established in 1977
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 5:12pm On Oct 17, 2019
nihilistjnr:

NTA was established in 1977

OK I didnt realize you were taking it from the angle of NTA but Television was in Nigeria before NTA. NTA just brought them all under one umbrella
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nihilistjnr: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2019
raumdeuter:

OK I didnt realize you were taking it from the angle of NTA but Television was in Nigeria before NTA. NTA just brought them all under one umbrella

I didnt even realise there was TV before 1977 in Nigeria sef

What were you people watching back then Gaan? Cos I know it wasn't Bundesliga
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2019
nihilistjnr:

I didnt even realise there was TV before 1977 in Nigeria sef

What were you people watching back then Gaan? Cos I know it wasn't Bundesliga

First newscaster

[img]https://collections.lib.uwm.edu/digital/api/singleitem/image/agsafrica/7394/default.jpg?highlightTerms=[/img]

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
spillo1:

What fallacy am I reading with my eyes. Bros are you ok? Did you watch De Lima ronaldo at all? You can't even place Messi and Maradonna in the same sentence when it comes to talent and WTF.... Ronaldinho more talented than De Lima for feck sakes how old are you? De Lima and Maradonna are god tiers better stop it.

Ronaldo may have had it all in terms of what was needed from a no 9 but to say Messi and Maradona talent wise don't come close to R9 is being flat out ignorant.What does he have they don't have?? Apart from heading due to limitations in height,what else?? Dribbling,explosive power,touch in front of goal,Ability to score free kicks. They all do this things as no tens,can operate and easily adapt to multiple roles in the team.

We don't have to hate one to love another.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by spillo1: 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2019
Adiwana:

Ronaldo may have had it all in terms of what was needed from a no 9 but to say Messi and Maradona talent wise don't come close to R9 is being flat out ignorant.What does he have they don't have?? Apart from heading due to limitations in height,what else?? Dribbling,explosive power,touch in front of goal,Ability to score free kicks. They all do this things as no tens,can operate and easily adapt to multiple roles in the team.

We don't have to hate one to love another.
Can you show me were I said the bolded? Talent level Maradonna and De Lima are god tier.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2019
spillo1:

Lol prime Maradonna and de Lima will piss all over this era.

The Serie A of the 80's and 90's was like watching teeth being pulled unless you were being treated to a proper, top class attacker or forward because the defenses were so good, tactical and cynical, that nothing but the top brass could get any change out of them.

Batistusta, Baggio, Del Piero and so forth had it really hard and it was a genuine acheivement for a lone player to outfox such a collection of mean, hard-nosed defenders who played every game like their life depended on it. Ask kimbeast or any person who watched Seria a then.

That's why when Ronaldo went there and ripped the piss out of the league it caused an absolute uproar. Before he got there all the defenders and football experts were saying he'd not be the same player in Italy as he was in Spain because he wouldn't be allowed to play in the same manner. They were right. He was even better in Italy than he was in Spain because he became a playmaker and link man as well as the goal-scorer, whilst in Spain, it was all about giving Ronaldo the ball and watching him run to goal and convert. Do you research on why Maradonna is called a demi god in Naples.

The likes of Van Basten and Gullit were booted and kicked so frequently in Serie A that it forced early retirement for Van basten who retired 29 and caused Gullit to have countless time out with one injury or another. It was a mean, hard-nosed league. Doing the business there carried more merit than any other league.

The late 80's and 90's Serie A may have had the biggest concentration of imported, world-class talent a league has ever seen. It was the place to be if you wanted to make your mark and sides in Spain and England had to do a lot more AND beat at least a couple of Italian teams to be taken seriously.
When United beat Juventus of the mid 90's, who were seen as the best side in the world, it catapulted us to a completely new level of world renown and global recognition as a footballing force. It announced us as big time player again.

If the likes of Shearer and Bergkamp had done what they did in Italy rather than England at that time they'd be held in much higher regard now than just good players.

Ronaldo going there and shaking that league to the core was like something out of a science fiction flick. Maradonna at Napoli also. Before and after Maradonna Napoli are shitts. If you think these O.G's won't rip apart this silly era I nothing to say to you.

This was much better than that talent debate. I completely agree with you on this.

Problem with football this days is with the advent of social media,most football fans all tend to now see players like Maradona,De Lima on youtube instead of TV.Again,general evolution of the game and most importantly,the Overbloated transfer market is the reason football quality has greatly reduced

Fools now think VVD is the greatest EPL defender of all time when Vidic of just about 10 years ago was tearing EPL apart and not much noise was made about it.Anybody with recent memory will know VVD has not put in a single match, the performance Vidic put at the champions league final at Moscow against Drogba.Imagine VVD winning motm against toothless bulldogs like Tottenham against Vidic against Drogba and Chelsea that were UCL battle hardened?? Most people hyping today's football don't even know Vidic has been EPL player of the season twice against a much harder league teams like Chelsea,Liverpool.

Again if De Lima was in today's era,he would be unstoppable. C.Ronaldo hasn't scored any decent free kicks in a while and still maintains his numbers.In fact his style of play has greatly reduced from what he did at manchester United to what he does now.He's not even a pure forward and still bangs tons of goals.Imagine what prime Ronaldo would've been doing right now.Who is stopping him?? De Ligt?? Pique?? VVD?? Who?? An average Laporte is leaving Man City shitting in their pants.What is he going to do against De Lima?? Prime Torres was toiling a seasoned defender like Vidic,what then will Ronaldo do to him??

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 9:09pm On Oct 17, 2019
Adiwana:

This was much better than that talent debate. I completely agree with you on this.

Problem with football this days is with the advent of social media,most football fans all tend to now see players like Maradona,De Lima on youtube instead of TV.Again,general evolution of the game and most importantly,the Overbloated transfer market is the reason football quality has greatly reduced

Fools now think VVD is the greatest EPL defender of all time when Vidic of just about 10 years ago was tearing EPL apart and not much noise was made about it.Anybody with recent memory will know VVD has not put in a single match, the performance Vidic put at the champions league final at Moscow against Drogba.Imagine VVD winning motm against toothless bulldogs like Tottenham against Vidic against Drogba and Chelsea that were UCL battle hardened?? Most people hyping today's football don't even know Vidic has been EPL player of the season twice against a much harder league teams like Chelsea,Liverpool.

Again if De Lima was in today's era,he would be unstoppable. C.Ronaldo hasn't scored any decent free kicks in a while and still maintains his numbers.In fact his style of play has greatly reduced from what he did at manchester United to what he does now.He's not even a pure forward and still bangs tons of goals.Imagine what prime Ronaldo would've been doing right now.Who is stopping him?? De Ligt?? Pique?? VVD?? Who?? An average Laporte is leaving Man City shitting in their pants.What is he going to do against De Lima?? Prime Torres was toiling a seasoned defender like Vidic,what then will Ronaldo do to him??
This hype train doesn't help o, De Lima was good no doubt but which team did he play in that on their best day can beat this Man city on their day or Liverpool on their day? Football is a team sport not a one man show. C. Ronaldo helped Madrid win 3 UCLs because he had the best service line a striker could ask for, however when those service lines were nullified even Ronaldo became toothless, same thing also happens to Messi and same thing can also to even De Lima

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
Adiwana:

I don't totally agree with this. Football is now more technical than ever. There are now new and better ideas, strategy, tactics and approaches that various club use when it comes to playing on the pitch which will make it a bit difficult for El Fenomeno to thrive in this modern day football.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
IKON360:

This hype train doesn't help o, De Lima was good no doubt but which team did he play in that on their best day can beat this Man city on their day or Liverpool on their day? Football is a team sport not a one man show. C. Ronaldo helped Madrid win 3 UCLs because he had the best service line a striker could ask for, however when those service lines were nullified even Ronaldo became toothless, same thing also happens to Messi and same thing can also to even De Lima

You didn't seriously ask this question. The same Tottenham team that was battered by Bayern kicked out Man City from the champions league last season or is the same Liverpool that got whooped by Barcelona. Man City have been struggling with Laporte and the same Laporte that was a rat in Spain is now a lion in England. What is Laporte going to do against a team of Zidane,Ronaldo,Raul in their hay days??

The Man Cities and Liverpools don't even face decent attackers anymore.. How many teams have the Drogbas,Rooneys and co facing Liverpool and Man City?? We are in an era where dribbling a defender makes news and headlines than how many goals were scored in a game and you think Ronaldo playing in this era is played out??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
TLona1:

I don't totally agree with this. Football is now more technical than ever. There are now new and better ideas, strategy, tactics and approaches that various club use when it comes to playing on the pitch which will make it a bit difficult for El Fenomeno to thrive in this modern day football.

The new tactics and strategies are not stopping Messi and Ronaldo from banging in 50 goals a season tho especially Ronaldo.Dude is so unique as an example that he doesn't shoot and score from 35 yards anymore,barely scores a free kick this days,can't dribble to save his life again and his style of play has changed so much from what he was known for and he still maintains his momentum and his touch for goals.Ibra still scores for fun and can easily get into any top team even at his age.Dude has over 500 career goals.Aguero is still putting the ball at the back of the net.

Ibra and Aguero though brilliant dont even have the talent that R9 had.For you to be out of world football for months and Brazil considers you worthy to lead their world cup exploits speaks volume of what he would do in this era
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 2:14am On Oct 18, 2019
Adiwana:

You didn't seriously ask this question. The same Tottenham team that was battered by Bayern kicked out Man City from the champions league last season or is the same Liverpool that got whooped by Barcelona. Man City have been struggling with Laporte and the same Laporte that was a rat in Spain is now a lion in England. What is Laporte going to do against a team of Zidane,Ronaldo,Raul in their hay days??

The Man Cities and Liverpools don't even face decent attackers anymore.. How many teams have the Drogbas,Rooneys and co facing Liverpool and Man City?? We are in an era where dribbling a defender makes news and headlines than how many goals were scored in a game and you think Ronaldo playing in this era is played out??
Don't forget that despite how awesome De Lima was, he never won UCL... Yet players like Diego Milito, Mane, Salah, Bale, David Villa, Drogba etc players not as "talented" as he was have all won it. All forwards like him and all integral members of his squad. Prime De Lima in his most powerful club didn't win UCL... Same UCL this Liverpool side won, even one of the worst Chelsea coaches in history won in 2012. So stop the hype train many things come into consideration to allow talent turn to trophies and titles
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kendrick93(m): 6:54am On Oct 18, 2019
IKON360:

Don't forget that despite how awesome De Lima was, he never won UCL... Yet players like Diego Milito, Mane, Salah, Bale, David Villa, Drogba etc players not as "talented" as he was have all won it. All forwards like him and all integral members of his squad. Prime De Lima in his most powerful club didn't win UCL... Same UCL this Liverpool side won, even one of the worst Chelsea coaches in history won in 2012. So stop the hype train many things come into consideration to allow talent turn to trophies and titles
when R9 joined barca they were not in the champions league, at inter Milan they too were not in the CL.....it was only at r.madrid he played in the champions league
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 7:41am On Oct 18, 2019
kendrick93:
when R9 joined barca they were not in the champions league, at inter Milan they too were not in the CL.....it was only at r.madrid he played in the champions league
Wow, I didn't know that but he won the league with Barca, didn't he? And he had his most appearances with Real Madrid, yet no UCL
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kendrick93(m): 8:03am On Oct 18, 2019
IKON360:

Wow, I didn't know that but he won the league with Barca, didn't he? And he had his most appearances with Real Madrid, yet no UCL
they lost the league to madrid by one point.....he left barca after one season so he couldn't play the champions league the following season..
He scored 47 goals in 49 apps that season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:17am On Oct 18, 2019
Meanwhile El Classico has been put off.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by monerozi5590: 10:20am On Oct 18, 2019
Forget UCL. We all have eyes. We all saw what he did on the pitch.

Here is what Mourinho had to say about him.

"Ronaldo, 'El Fenomeno', Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi have had longer careers, they have remained at the top every day for 15 years," Mourinho told LiveScore.
"However, if we are talking strictly about talent and skill, nobody surpasses Ronaldo

I realised that he was the best player I'd ever seen take to the field.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:03am On Oct 18, 2019
monerozi5590:
Forget UCL. We all have eyes. We all saw what he did on the pitch.

Here is what Mourinho had to say about him.

"Ronaldo, 'El Fenomeno', Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi have had longer careers, they have remained at the top every day for 15 years," Mourinho told LiveScore.
"However, if we are talking strictly about talent and skill, nobody surpasses Ronaldo

I realised that he was the best player I'd ever seen take to the field.
Mourinho?
Talent??

Mourinho speaking about talent!!!

What does Mourinho know about talent?

I am socked to see the two words "Mourinho" and "talent" in the same sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:09am On Oct 18, 2019
Dunno,

But maybe am misunderstanding the word 'talent'

I am taking it to mean skill and finesse, dribbles and ball control.

So I insist, Ronaldo De Lima could best be described by these 3 words;

1. Speed.
2. Power.
3. Goals.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:45am On Oct 18, 2019
ddippset:
Dunno,

But maybe am misunderstanding the word 'talent'

I am taking it to mean skill and finesse, dribbles and ball control.

So I insist, Ronaldo De Lima could best be described by these 3 words;

1. Speed.
2. Power.
3. Goals.
There is nothing any player had/has that Messi does not have. Messi is taken for granted because he is still here with us. Haters of Messi are only bent on discrediting him, but is it even possible when Messi is obviously an alien?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chrisus(m): 12:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
See war here shocked
I been think say Barca don sack Valverde ni
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2019
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

As we approach the end of the year many prestigious international sports companies and sports websites have been compiling their best players in all leagues and categories.

The 'Independent' in the UK have just released their list of the top 100 players of the 21st century (2000-2019).

And like the Sportsbible did a few weeks ago they have the GOAT as NUMBER ONE.

10. Cannavaro.
9. Kaka.
8. Zidane.
7. Henry.
6. De Lima.
5. Iniesta.
4. Ronaldinho.
3. Xavi.
2. Ronaldo.
1. Messi.

PS
(These people/organisations know that Messi has not won an "international trophy".)

Watch out for more lists as the curtain closes on 2019.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by melodyogonna(m): 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2019
This video of Messi is the best thing you'll ever see today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4wTERfoPfA

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
melodyogonna:

Truth is;

I don't think that football fans who hate Messi exist,
Only people who hate to love him.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2019
kendrick93:
they lost the league to madrid by one point.....he left barca after one season so he couldn't play the champions league the following season..
He scored 47 goals in 49 apps that season
De Lima was awesome, I watched a bit of him in 2002 World Cup and then some videos of him before then. Some people reckon that if he hadn't fallen ill at France 98, Brazil should have won that World Cup
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2019
ddippset:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

As we approach the end of the year many prestigious international sports companies and sports websites have been compiling their best players in all leagues and categories.

The 'Independent' in the UK have just released their list of the top 100 players of the 21st century (2000-2019).

And like the Sportsbible did a few weeks ago they have the GOAT as NUMBER ONE.

10. Cannavaro.
9. Kaka.
8. Zidane.
7. Henry.
6. De Lima.
5. Iniesta.
4. Ronaldinho.
3. Xavi.
2. Ronaldo.
1. Messi.

PS
(These people/organisations know that Messi has not won an "international trophy".)

Watch out for more lists as the curtain closes on 2019.
Personally, I rate Iniesta higher than Xavi
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
melodyogonna:

This is nothing but 19.59 minutes of soft porn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
I hate early kick off undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Wayne4uall(m): 12:02am On Oct 19, 2019
Most through balls in the top 5 leagues during the previous 10 seasons:

174 Messi
111 Fábregas
78 Pastore
74 David Silva
73 Di Maria
73 Payet
71 Alexis Sánchez
65 Özil

Goalscorer, assister, playmaker, more than a player. Play and make play. A style of life for Leo Messi �

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by melodyogonna(m): 12:53am On Oct 19, 2019
ddippset:
This is nothing but 19.59 minutes of soft porn.
True. I had orgasms while watching the video
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2019
Wayne4uall:
Most through balls in the top 5 leagues during the previous 10 seasons:

174 Messi
111 Fábregas
78 Pastore
74 David Silva
73 Di Maria
73 Payet
71 Alexis Sánchez
65 Özil

Goalscorer, assister, playmaker, more than a player. Play and make play. A style of life for Leo Messi �
Messi is simply the GOAT.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) (3739) (3740) (3741) ... (6179) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.