Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help (26877 Views)

My Neighbor Sex Moaning Is Killing Me Help / A Girl Is Addicted To Me Like A Drug And It Killing Me / Masturbation Is Killing Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 11, 2021
od501:

The other gender will come for you sir...in 3...2...1 grin
I have too many male friends that are not married here in the states. They are well to do.
They don't want to hear anything about Marriage at all. It irritates them.
One visited Nigeria and adopted 2 Boys on a full scale. The boys will be coming over soon.
MEN are increasingly seeing the reality.

D worst thing dat can happen to any Nigerian man is 4dat Nigerian man to leave the US & travel 2 Naija 2marry a Lady who doesn't love him.
That man will surely have a date with the devil.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Mccold: 9:40am On Aug 11, 2021
I pray anyone who has plan to get married like me that God give us a right partner for us and make everything easy for us as soon as possible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by LegendaryArnold(m): 9:40am On Aug 11, 2021
larryeffizy1:
Hi folks, I'm Sure we're doing good in our respective places.?
Quick one pls, I really need the help or rather a piece of advice from whosoever has been in this shoe before...; Because it's really affecting my marital life negatively and that's why I'm here if I could get a cool counsel on this platform bikoo; as we all know that a problem shared is half solved... The question is "How May/Can I get rid of Marriage Phobia...?

I'm above 30 and I'm really scared of MARRIAGE... A candid advice from you guys will go along way... Hence, if you have had the experience before, kindly share with me how you go about it and overcame it....

Thanks#

Now, what about marriage are you scared of?
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Kabaz2: 9:41am On Aug 11, 2021
I don't understand marriage phobia is affecting your marital life and you are not yet married.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by ivolt: 9:43am On Aug 11, 2021
ifyken:

Don't get married then. Marriage is a waste of time, resources (i.e hundreds of thousands or millions of naira on a wedding) to be spent on a girl that can cheat on you with your tailor. If it is companionship and children you want,seek a babymama because the babymama would know that as you guys are not married, you can always dump her broke b*tch ass. So she would be doing all she can to worship you and make you feel like a king

grin grin grin
This is very funny.
Babymama worship you?
If you care at all about your child, you will be fighting over boyfriends soon enough while still spending like a husband.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 11, 2021
Farotimi72:
There is phobias anywhere.
You they fear just BECAUSE YOU NO GET MONEY.

As per his account officer wey you be na!

Some of you go just open mouth 'waaaaah' when you know say na just nonsense you wan talk.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by greenguy: 9:43am On Aug 11, 2021
Are you married?
If you are, how long?
What are your real fears about/in marriage?
Describe your partner in few words.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Rinoxy: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2021
Temptee101:
You are not alone my brother.

I was discussing same thing with a married friend yesterday. He is not finding his marriage funny at all.

Once you get married, your wife determines your happiness.

She can decide to make your home a living hell or paradise.

To a greater extent, your life is in her hands, she determines whether you'd live long or not.

Everything solely lies in her hands.
I totally disagree! There's a way out! Brother, if she threatens your peace, put her in order either calmly or forcefully.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2021
grin
Kabaz2:
I don't understand marriage phobia is affecting your marital life and you are not yet married.

grin
Kabaz2:
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Bighead95(m): 9:45am On Aug 11, 2021
Bro according to my own lil bite on this ..

The mistake we men do is inability to pay attention to our partners (bad habits) before getting married ..so when they married they end up seeing the worst part of the lady

Some niggas may think they will change the habit but no one can change ones habit but can be reduced.....

i feel with these 2 things works ..
1 make sure your wife to be respects you because we men we get ego and that's how it should be .....

2 make sure you can condone her difficulties(bad habit) because no one is perfect .... if you can't it's better not to get married to her ...

Bro I was once in the league of having baby mama not until I saw my wife .....

Bro getting married to a right person is extremely good ......

Because there is heavenly joy when a mother,father and children lives under same roof

Having a baby mama is also good to some people but I feel 90% children will end up knowing only the mother and sees the father as bad energy.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by aribisala0(m): 9:45am On Aug 11, 2021
ifyken:

Don't get married then. Marriage is a waste of time, resources (i.e hundreds of thousands or millions of naira on a wedding) to be spent on a girl that can cheat on you with your tailor. If it is companionship and children you want,seek a babymama because the babymama would know that as you guys are not married, you can always dump her broke b*tch ass. So she would be doing all she can to worship you and make you feel like a king
So Abba Kyari is nacing your babe shocked
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Darkblood: 9:45am On Aug 11, 2021
larryeffizy1:
Quick one pls, I really need the help or rather a piece of advice from whosoever has been in this shoe before...; Because it's really affecting my marital life negatively and that's why I'm here if I could get a cool counsel on this platform bikoo; as we all know that a problem shared is half solved... The question is "How May/Can I get rid of Marriage Phobia...?

It's not everyone that should marry, know this and know peace

I'm above 30 and I'm really scared of MARRIAGE... A candid advice from you guys will go along way... Hence, if you have had the experience before, kindly share with me how you go about it and overcame it....

Thanks#

It's not everyone that should or will marry, know this and know peace
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by cardoctor(m): 9:46am On Aug 11, 2021
Me sef get phobia
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by dustydee: 9:48am On Aug 11, 2021
larryeffizy1:

Thanks#
You should have addressed it before getting married. You cannot have phobia for marriage and get married (You claimed it is affecting your marital life so it means you are married).
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by ivolt: 9:48am On Aug 11, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
Please avoid it.
After all you are a MAN.

Of what Joy do you anticipate to derive, if not kids and sex. U can get all these bountifully out there.
These New Generation Ladies are completely different from our foundational mothers who knew what they wanted in marriage.

An average nowadays Nigerian Lady goes into marriage with DAGGERS.
PLs. calm down & engage urself meaningfully.
Please tell me what you need a woman for and I will tell you why you don't need her.
I Live abroad & we have millions of well-to-do bachelors. These Men are now allergic to women.
They look healthier.
They still eat Good Food.
They have kids and drive Good cars
They sign prenuptial agreements a lot too because the Lady whom you think she loves you will definitely give you the shock of your life.
Slow down with the lies.
What is with prenup when you are not marrying in the first place?

If you think marriage is just about kids and sex, then you are yet to grow up.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Juliearth(f): 9:49am On Aug 11, 2021
doctor306:

With what newly wedded are seeing you suppose fear oo !!!

That marriages fail is not a yardstick that op's case would be like that. I do not want to dig into why marriages fail because I know you known these things.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by od501: 9:50am On Aug 11, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

I have too many male friends that are not married here in the states. They are well to do.
One visited Nigeria and adopted a 2 Boys on a full scale. The boys will be coming over soon.

Ah...adopt two boys? That one is extreme oo. He should have gone to Lekki to give all these baby mamas belle nah...600-800k. After three years you collect ur pikin (with court agreement oo. No gossip).

Dem try shaa... but that adaption own no follow abeg.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Rubbiish(m): 9:50am On Aug 11, 2021
fati2001:

don't marry till old age [65 ]

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by obyrich(m): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2021
larryeffizy1:

Thanks#
Bros na this same thing wey dey do you make Chiwetalu Agu not to marry.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Hathor5(f): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2021
larryeffizy1:

Thanks#

So you are in a relationship but you are scared of marrying her? Maybe she is not the one because if you truly loved her then the thought of you and her spending your lives together would feel wonderful to you. My two cents.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Juliearth(f): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2021
OGraffix:

Seems you are still a kid ..u think these things you wrote works all the time abi?.. continue ...

Op marriage is good. Just keep calm Nd Nd pray for a better partner

Take this advise too, op. The problem is we have more kids here than adults who can give people like op sound advise. It is also this same trend of kids gallivanting around threads such as this one, casting unnecessary aspersions, that is responsible for op's phobia.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by od501: 9:52am On Aug 11, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

One visited Nigeria and adopted a 2 Boys on a full scale. The boys will be coming over soon.

D worst thing dat can happen to any Nigerian man is 4dat Nigerian man to leave the US & travel 2 Naija 2marry a Lady who doesn't love him.
That man will surely have a date with the devil.

I don't doubt you one bit. I'm a living witness.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 11, 2021
ivolt:

Slow down with the lies.
What is with prenup when you are not marrying in the first place?

If you think marriage is just about kids and sex, then you are yet to grow up.
Prenuptial agreement is for those who still want to go ahead with the marriage.
Prenuptial agreements saved HENRY THIERRY today. His case would have been worse than that of Emmanuel Ebuoe of Arsenal.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by BRATISLAVA: 9:53am On Aug 11, 2021
Nelson21:
The kind of comments I read these days makes me wonder if I am living among the walking dead.

Anyway...

With everything we see going on in our society today, it's okay to be scared and No, you are not alone in that feeling nor are you the first to feel that way.

I know you're going to say "oh, here we go again, another church freak coming with his sermon" but the truth is to advise you properly, I need to use the Bible.

Marriage is not easy in fact it is a burden to the point that paul encouraged singleness.

1 Corinthians 7:28 : But if you do marry, you have not sinned, and if a betrothed woman marries, she has not sinned. Yet those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that.

The divorce you see occuring in many marriages of today started way back in time including the era of moses.

Matthew 19:8-11 : Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry." Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.

Did you read the statement the disciples made? It is better not to what? MARRY!

Marriage has been perverted by the devil in so many ways you can't imagine and his most effective/favorite tool or weapon whether you believe or not has ALWAYS been WOMEN.

Remember, there is nothing new under the sun. To bring the downfall of man, the devil used the woman.

So, my dear brother, you have every reason to be scared because the possibility of marrying someone who will make your life miserable is very high.

My advice to you is this. If you do decide to get married, it should be because you want to have children who will take over your wealth and properties, so your efforts in life wont be in vain, not because you want a companion who will "love you and be with you for better or worse." No woman (most especially these modern day, social media addicted, morally and spiritually bankrupt women possessed with the evil spirit of deceit and feminism) will give you that.

Demonizing women as usual.

Don't you know the devil is male?

Tell us why males aren't his favorite plaything.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by lasisi69(f): 9:54am On Aug 11, 2021
ifyken:

Don't get married then. Marriage is a waste of time, resources (i.e hundreds of thousands or millions of naira on a wedding) to be spent on a girl that can cheat on you with your tailor. If it is companionship and children you want,seek a babymama because the babymama would know that as you guys are not married, you can always dump her broke b*tch ass. So she would be doing all she can to worship[/b]you and make you feel like a king
You are [b] insecured... Insecurities will destroy you
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 11, 2021
od501:

I don't doubt you one bit. I'm a living witness.
I reside & work abroad and I'm stating facts here.
CUOMO, the Governor of New York just resigned not because he raped a woman but because they ganged up against him.
He has penchant for Italian way of greeting.
We have many Italians in New York.
Now they used same thing against him.
This is what he has done for years.

MEN avoid women like Leprosy now in the US and Europe. And it's helping the men to manage dia attractiveness towards these ladies too.
Most Men who think they can't live without SEX are now growing from strength 2 strength without sex

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Ikwerelastborn: 9:58am On Aug 11, 2021
Santaboris:

Never do court marriage as marriage give women sense of total lockdown, and when a lady feels she has locked down a man then she’ll start misbehaving because the law backs and ensure continuation of that marriage .
Good averagely healthy girl over Beautiful bad girl .
Get money before thinking about anything marriage ,at least be able to feed like 6 adults before thinking about marriage
What if one wants to bring his wife and children abroad,is court wedding certificate not what is used ?
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by od501: 9:59am On Aug 11, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

I reside & work abroad and I'm stating facts here.
CUOMO, the Governor of New York just resigned not because he raped a woman but because they ganged up against him.
He has penchant for Italian way of greeting.
We have many Italians in New York.
Now they used same thing against him.
This is what he has done for years.

Chai
Poor dude
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Didi2d(m): 9:59am On Aug 11, 2021
Wey me dey try to comot for the one I find myself.
You fit try your luck sha,

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by fredoooooo: 10:03am On Aug 11, 2021
Oga go and marry, but have it at the back of your mind that nothing is perfect and anything can happen .. Fear shouldn't deny you having your children na ..
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by yesloaded: 10:03am On Aug 11, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Considering the nowaday feminism, the phobia is worth it. You need to marry, just don't enter into it as a weak man. Gain & keep your stand from dating to marriage &,,,, never be compromised.

No more, no less

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by bigpicture001: 10:03am On Aug 11, 2021
....go and make money first.......every other thing will fall in place with just an average lady

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"7 Signs You Are In A Relationship With A Single Guy" / She Confuses Me: Her Love Fluctuates Like Glo Network After Subscription / True Meaning Of "Bae" And "Boo"(research)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.