Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

HELP,my folders have arrows - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / HELP,my folders have arrows (483 Views)

How To Share Folders Between Virtualbox And Host Machine / HELP! My Exposure To My System Due To Coding And Research Is Affecting My Eye. / Here Are Some Of My Folders, Jealous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP,my folders have arrows by Bcrew: 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2021
Hi guys,i just saw that all my folders' icons have changed,with two blue arrows pointing to each other at the top of the folder.I am suspecting this is a virus act.Please how can i clear my folder from those arrows?

Re: HELP,my folders have arrows by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
It's nothing serious.
Open your programs and let's see the list of your recently installed apps
Re: HELP,my folders have arrows by Bcrew: 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
Thanks Ovaltine for your effort.i have attached my program files and program files(x86)

Re: HELP,my folders have arrows by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
Bcrew:
Thanks Ovaltine for your effort.i have attached my program files and program files(x86)

That symbol is from a syncing app. Not from teracopy which is a prime suspect.

So it may be OneDrive
Re: HELP,my folders have arrows by EbenG(m): 8:46am On Aug 13, 2021
Bcrew:
Hi guys,i just saw that all my folders' icons have changed,with two blue arrows pointing to each other at the top of the folder.I am suspecting this is a virus act.Please how can i clear my folder from those arrows?

This double blue arrows overlay icon is seen if the files and folders are compressed (NTFS compression), and there is nothing to worry about.
When you enable NTFS compression for a file or folder, the blue double arrows icon overlay appears on the top right corner of the file or folder. This is to indicate to the user that the folder or file is compressed.
To remove double blue arrows icon in file or folder Properties, here's how:

Step 1: Press Win + E keys to open File Explorer. Go to Document directory.

Step 2: Right-click on that folder with double blue overlaid and then select Properties.

Step 3: Under the General tab, select Advanced in the bottom right corner

Step 4: Clear Compress contents to save disk space checkbox. Click OK.

Step 5: In the Properties window, then Apply.

Select Apply changes to this folders, subfolders and files option to confirm attribute changes

You'll see the double blue arrow disappear. You can repeat do this action for other folders or files in different directories.
Re: HELP,my folders have arrows by Bcrew: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2021
Please,what do you mean by one Drive?What can be the syncing app?Thanks
Ovaltine:

That symbol is from a syncing app. Not from teracopy which is a prime suspect.

So it may be OneDrive

(1) (Reply)

5 Youtube Channels To Learn Coding For Free / Earn Shiba Today By Performing Easy Tasks / Suggest How To Do This Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.