Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Alam From Fry Pan To Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alam From Fry Pan To Fire (2224 Views)

They Said Nnamdi Kanu Is Jumping From Frying Pan To Fire...review / From GEJ To PMB, Did We Move From Frying Pan To Fire? Read This Report +photos / Alam's Son:jonathan's Govt Is Insincere -keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 4:25am On Jul 19, 2007
The current development of arrested governors in Nigeria has left one to wonder who will be the 1st victim to eat nuts and GARI or KULI KULI.

ALAM is back to face the weight of the law

WARRI — THE Dubai government has returned former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepereye Alamieyesiegha, to Nigeria, aborting the medical treatment he was undergoing in the Arab Emirate.

Dubai is one of the seven emirates constituting the United Arab Emirates with Abu Dhabi as capital.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/headline/f119072007.html
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2007
No hiding place eh?
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by MILITIA(f): 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2007
No peace for the wicked! grin
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2007
I thought the man was seriously ill and can't stand trial? I feel sorry for his family oh. Kai. this is bad news for him either way you look at it.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by MILITIA(f): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2007
Mamajama:

I thought the man was seriously ill and can't stand trial? I feel sorry for his family oh. Kai. this is bad news for him either way you look at it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm!  Please save your sympathy for the countless Nigerians that die due to the neglect of "matters of country and state"!  I still have the Ovation magazine of the $40 Million Naira graduation party of one of his ugly fat-yanshed daughters in California some years ago!  Even with all the money stolen---the babe wor wor! Kai!  Fat and ugly like im papa! I say bring in the hit men and let them do their job!  Execute him! Ole!
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2007
MILITIA Kai you don infiltrate the system and come over exaggerate, how can someone spend $40 Million on a party here in the state? Even me can't spend that much in 6 months with all my wide mouth Friends.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by MILITIA(f): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2007
Mamajama:

MILITIA Kai you don infiltrate the system and come over exaggerate, how can someone spend $40 Million on a party here in the state? Even me can't spend that much in 6 months with all my wide mouth Friends.

Heh!  Exaggerate ke!  I say I still have the ovation!  When Ovation was Ovation.  Not now that Dele Momodu has moved to Ghana----Away from Nigerian frustration!  In black and white!  They flew people free of charge from all over the world[b]---FIRST CLASS--- [/b] with free accomodation in Beverly Hills hotels and ko! Do you have your calculator on you? Calculate! What are you talking about?  Like Papa Igbinedion's 70th birthday in Ovation, I say I still have the evidence! Ah-ah!  These fools confessed with their own mouths in the magazine!  They even quoted the price of her graduation "dress" or "costume"!  Why you think say I dey vex?  It is one thing to steal and hide like errrrrrrrrrrrr DUKE, but when you steal and are lousy like Alamie, Ibori and Igbinedion,--all these southern jaguda governors-----------oooooooooooh No!  No mercy oh! angry
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2007
I still don't buy that. lol OVATION, no be person write am? how did they tally the price? abeg, I know too much about naija journalism. I know wetting them talk about me when I go to club in Abuja, I know how much I spend, and I know wetting this people dey talk. The real thief from naija are in the state and London and France
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by MILITIA(f): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2007
Okay! No problem! Pictures no dey lie oh! cool
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2007
She said 40million naira not dollars
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2007
Who told you picture no dey lie? you don see wewtting microsoft image software dey do? I go take your head put on angel101 body and when all man see that IKEBE makandi. They will think its you.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2007
MILITIA:

when you steal and are lousy like Alamie, Ibori and Igbinedion,--all these southern jaguda governors-----------oooooooooooh No!  No mercy oh! angry

I tell u that is my greatest pain. I wept when i saw the ovation of the old bastards 70th. Infact i was holidaying in SA when they came with their rubbish selves to do 1 week party for an old fool who will be better off dead!

Phew. anyway back to the topic. I dont think Alams deserves any mercy. Why is he seeking medical care in Dubai. The world class hospital he put for his people in bayelsa could not treat him?
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2007
Public servant and public figure enjoy presidential treatment, and remember not guilty until proven and found guilty. IF IBB fall ill today do you think they will take him to ABUja general hospital? or to Germany? The system is screwed up
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2007
Yes the system is screwed up but it should not be, and it certainly should not be applauded!
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2007
you and I can scream all we want do you think all the senators, governors and officials care? NO, I've been privileged to be around and speak to this guys, the only thing that hold their attention is young girls and money.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2007
Well, I happen to be a young girl wink grin
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2007
Please oh I can't compete they are too rich for me to even try. Go to the 5 stars hotel in ABUJA and see what your leaders are doing at night.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by MILITIA(f): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2007
angel101:

I tell u that is my greatest pain. I wept when i saw the ovation of the old bastards 70th. Infact i was holidaying in SA when they came with their rubbish selves to do 1 week party for an old fool who will be better off dead!

Phew. anyway back to the topic. I don't think Alams deserves any mercy. Why is he seeking medical care in Dubai. The world class hospital he put for his people in bayelsa could not treat him?

I said I have saved those two Ovations in my bank's safety deposit box! cool  That is concrete evidence of Southern Nigeria----Whose cup of stupidity has "runneth" over and causing floods! Kai!

angel101:

Leave am!  I see he only thinks in terms of the amount of money he is used to counting! undecided
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by mellow(m): 8:14am On Jul 20, 2007
Quote from: angel101 on Yesterday at 02:28:17 PM

Phew. anyway back to the topic. I don't think Alams deserves any mercy. Why is he seeking medical care in Dubai. The world class hospital he put for his people in bayelsa could not treat him?

I said I have saved those two Ovations in my bank's safety deposit box! That is concrete evidence of Southern Nigeria----Whose cup of stupidity has "runneth" over and causing floods! Kai!

Quote from: angel101 on Yesterday at 02:24:46 PM

Leave am! I see he only thinks in terms of the amount of money he is used to counting!

Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 8:52am On Jul 20, 2007
There is no party on earth that's worth $40 million. I've been planning parties since I was 15 years and The only plan I know of a $40 million is one held mid air.

The legendary music produces L.A Reid hosted a Super Sweet 16 Party for his son which was aired by the MTV network. It is ranked as the most expensive ever and it cost a whopping $1.5 million. How the hell are Alams and his ugly daughter can host a $40 million graduation a the worlds who is who was not there.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2007
Just the way they claimed that the man dressed like a woman to escape from London and got sick heads laughing their ass off. You can pull such stunts and get away with it with gas-heads, but not with reasonable people like me and denex

Alams stole, true. But to bring some mind-boggling, cooked up figures here thinking you'll fool me is what I can't take. Do you know that $40 million = N5.12 billion naira? Even if Alams stole that much money, how on earth do you think he would be stupid enough to want to spend all that amount on a party for a graduating daughter of his? Is she the only child he has at the time? Wasn't there other important things in his life that he'll spend money on other than a party?

Sister Militia, please go and cool down somewhere.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by angel101(f): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2007
@ono
the joke's on you mate.
cool down and properly read the posts. she said naira not dollars!
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 10:47am On Jul 20, 2007
@angel101

I think you should be the one to check your friend MILITIA cos these bogus stories are just too ridiculous. The amount stated was $40 million Naira. What kind of ridiculous figure is that?

Make MILITIA stay one place O! It's either it's $40 million or 40 million Naira. They don't meet halfway.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 10:49am On Jul 20, 2007
Oya, Militia tell us what you mean. The ball is now in your court. Which currency be that one up there? Na currency from ya side?
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2007
And just to bring Madam Militia to the realm of reality, N40 Million = $312,000. using current exchange rate. Well, if a nigerian governor - from one of the largest oil producing state in Nigeria - Bayelsa state spends that amount of money on a graduating daughter of his, me think he can pass. What do you think folks?
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by denex: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ono

since you asked what I think, I will tell you what I think. I think you should live forever and not die. I think God should make you be the first person to enter hell alive.

For thinking it is okay for a governor to spend $300,000 on his daughter's birthday, I think you should live a life of destitution.

But that's because you asked what we all thought. I think you're wicked and utterly corrupt!
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ono(m): 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2007
denex:

@ono

since you asked what I think, I will tell you what I think. I think you should live forever and not die. I think God should make you be the first person to enter hell alive.

For thinking it is okay for a governor to spend $300,000 on his daughter's birthday, I think you should live a life of destitution.

But that's because you asked what we all thought. I think you're wicked and utterly corrupt!

You see, this is the reply of a rational person. But, Denex, do you in your wildest imagination think Alams can spend such amount on a graduation party? I mean, N40 million Naira? All those figures are the imaginatination of wicked men and women who are hell bent on bringing another person to disrepute.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by tboy1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2007
Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha is in the negative spotlight once again, with most Bayelsans worried by what they say is his squander maniac attitude accusing him of embarking on another wasteful trip abroad.

Local sources say that the self-styled Governor General of the Niger Delta who just returned to the shores of Nigeria after attending the graduation of his daughter in the United States may have lavished a fortune in celebration of her feat.

Said a local council chairman who was present, "It was really a state graduation ceremony. Every eminent Bayelsan and friend of Bayelsa State under this administration was there!."

Insiders in his administration reveal that as much as N400 million would have been sunk in the project.

According to them, the governor took guests that included local government chairmen of all the councils and serving civil commissioners abroad, ostensibly to enable them witness the 'landmark achievement' of his daughter .

They said so much had to be put aside for transportation, feeding and accommodation of the horde of dignitaries who made the trip
On the streets of Yenagoa, not many are happy with Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha as the news spreads.

But knowledgeable people within the state capital argue that most who traveled with the governor paid their own fares and picked up their own bills while abroad,

They say, there may have been a bandwagon of persons intent on showing how loyal they can be.
So, where did serving commissioners and local government chairmen find the money?

That is a testy question to which there is no answer at the moment
Ordinary Bayelsans marvel at the tales they hear and wonder if there ever would be an end to the showmanship being exhibited by most South-South governors. President Olusegun Obasanjo has had cause in the past to accuse South-South governors of profligacy, saying they were noted for using funds meant for the people in hosting lavish birthdays and burials. It is not surprising, some say, that agents of the EFCC and the ICPC are believed to be on the trail of some South-South governors.

In the meantime, the issue of Alamieyeseigha's daughter and the money that was allegedly spent continues to make the rounds in Yenagoa,
One man said, "it is the pastime of the idle mind to imagine things"
But another added "there could be an iota of truth in the whole thing!"
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by tboy1(m): 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2007
http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=2015&z=17

i hope the guy rots in jail. Foolish bastard
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by Mamajama(m): 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2007
This man may be guilty but the press is not doing him any good, I don't like fabrication, there is no way one man can spend that amount on a graduation, what did he import? crystal? please people lets be reasonable when we read.
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by ToToChoper: 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2007
Na wah this awa kondishon dey make me weak, no be lie.
Na im I dey think sef say the man fit dey Dubia dey do us asko, wetin una go do
Thunder go fire am there, sick ni, sick ko.
Oloshi barawo!
Re: Alam From Fry Pan To Fire by tboy1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ ToToChoper

Read this and you'll be weaker:

http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/1361.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Are The Nigerians In Oakland, California? / Say It Loud!! Gov. Orji Of Abia State Is A Clown. / 7 Reasons Why APC Will Scatter Before 2015!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.