Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past - Culture (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past (23962 Views)

Music, Dance: What Gave Fulani Youths Joy In The Past (Video, Pictures) / Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 4:40am On Feb 04, 2022
TAO11:

Thanks subject for fetching me this video which I had talked about earlier.

Your Ọba mentioned the Ekeladerhan fraud at his ow coronation party. Why exactly would you assume that the Ooni would request (or even be given) a platform to debunk whatever your Oba just said at his party?

Anyway, my earlier point is that your Oba knows that whatever he is saying at that party is NOT meant to be completely true and binding for his Yorùbá overlords.

As I noted earlier, your Oba ate it back by immediatel noting that if he (your Oba) insist that the Ekaladerha fraud is an absolute truth, then that would mean that he (your Oba) is already passing his boundary.

Your Oba’s precise words (from time-stamp 0:53) goe thus: “But it is not our place to force this recognition to other outside our boundaries”.

In other words, your Oba knows that this fraud is not defensible—especially since it has been dragged in th mud by submission of historical scholarship. Your Oba ate his words up at his own party right there.

Regarding your Oba’s homage visit to the palace of Hi Imperial Majesty — the Ọɣọni of Ifẹ, Ọba Adeyeye:

Your Ọba was given an opportunity to say something about the connection between father-Ifẹ & son-Beni, many gullible Binis present would have expected him to repeat the Ekaladerhan fraud.

Of course he (your Oba) knew better. He knew never to make such costly mistake. He gave his submission and literally “cut out” and swallowed the aspect of the Ekaladerhan fraud. He knew not to peddle a lie at his overlord’s palace. He (your Oba) dared not.

Watch the video below for yourself — particularly fro time-stamp 13:00 to 13:50 and notice how your Oba skillfully cut out the Ekalderhan part. He would have received the curses of his life if he didn’t cut it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXvXupQwaz0

Summary:
(1) Your Oba mentioned the Ekaladerhan fraud at his own party—and he immediately ate it back right then and there. Thanks for providing the video for this.

(2) Your Oba mentioned the Ife & Benin connection at his master’s Ife palace— and your Oba dared not bring up the Ekeladerhan fraud. He literally cut it out.

Cheers.

Cc: SirNewtonNG

Ha! TAO11 you are binis mummy angry grin

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 4:41am On Feb 04, 2022
oswardic:
Eeya, cry me an ocean my dear..
Who would hold the right information if not the Oba of a kingdom, Oba is talking your bobrisky ass is responding as usual, a bitch.

Your foolishness is really increasing in capacity, the same video you want Tao to help you post, I can explain it very well to you, did your unknowledgeable mind also know that The Benin King also visited Sultan of Sokoto to appreciate his presence at his Coronation as well? Sorry, your brain would tell you abi the Oba of Benin is also related to The Sultan of Sokoto...

The Oba of Benin is too mature to start talking as your Ooni was doing during the Oba of Benin visit, saying he's giving him a gift of the picture of Oranmiyan lol... if you watch the video quite well, I hope you would see a slight smile on the Oba of Benin's face? Lol ... He knew The Ooni was trying to play a fast one, and did you hear the anxiety in his voice when he was saying those things? Lol...

My dear, Una no near.... The Portuguese came and were surprised at a well structured society in such a location they've written off but couldn't say a dime about the Yoruba kingdom..

I have my reservation for dull brained people like you though... For now, you can continue crying me ocean

Mumbo jumbo crap grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by oswardic(m): 6:20am On Feb 04, 2022
What is this one talking about? Who is Ugbe?

Did the Oba of Benin make a visit to Ile Ife to argue on genealogy? Make Una de type with sense small small?

I do hope you know Ooni requested that they visited the Orun Oba Ado not at the request of the Oba of Benin... Political moves lol ..

A typical you, always changing people's words to suite your brainless ego.. I wrote two different comments on two different responses you gave, and you connoted all to one? Wisdom indeed is a scarce commodity..
My first response saying "The Benin Oba said it to his face" is concerning the nonsense you said about the Oba not able to talk about your so call Ekaladerhan fraud story and I shared a video to buttress that point and you later went further to say the Oba ate his word and the video showed clearly where the Oba's word was definite.

Secondly, you talked about the Oba's visit to Ife and how he could not talk about the Ekaladerhan fraud and I told you how can he possibly talk about that when His purpose of visit was to appreciate the Ooni for gracing his coronation just as the Oba did in Sokoto, Warri, etc and you said why didn't he talk about it... Please, I am absolutely sure I am having a discourse with a pretty young girl who thinks she has read so much and could just vomit some nonsense in exchange for wisdom.

Go back to bed, maybe your brain might generate little wisdom to survive the day without saying much trash as other days.

TAO11:

Why did you stop using your UGBE account lately? I noticed you stopped. What happed to you??

(1) Anyway, thanks for the video — I have replied you in my foregoing comment wherein I also embedded a video of your Oba at the Ife palace showing how your Oba gave up the Ekaladerhan fraud.

(2) Moreover, during that same visit of your Oba to hi ancestral source, i.e. Ife, your Oba completed his rite of passage to kingship — one of which involves that he pays homage at the Orun-Oba-Ado (i.e. Heaven of Benin Kings) burial site, among others.

The following is a Channels TV report relevant to this statement. Time-stamp 0:22 to 0:28.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhU2AmpvJk

We know your Oba paid courtesy visit to other kings in the country too — such as: the Sultan of Sokoto.

But did your Oba pay homage to previous Benin king burial site in Sokoto and elsewhere? Of course not.

There are no such burial site of Benin kings there. It’s present only in Ife, and your Oba duly paid homage to where homage is due. Now that’s the key difference his Ife visit and his other visits. Capeesh?

Channels TV is not wicked, demonic, & evil, because I know for sure that’s the next thing go to on your min courtesy of your Bini paranoid personality disorder.

Channels is an Edo-owned organization if that helps to deal with your paranoia delusions.

(3) Thank God Benin was accessible to the Portuguese in the 1400s. Otherwise, we may not have known that Benin kings are subordinate & inferior to an overlord outside Benin whose ‘name’ is spelt in the Portuguese writings as “Hooguanee”, “Ogane”, and whom scholars have found to be non other than the Ọɣọnẹ of Ifẹ.
Benin know your small place.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by oswardic(m): 6:37am On Feb 04, 2022
I keep seeing Imperial Majesty everywhere and I am wondering if this is a lack of understanding or what... Was Ife ever an empire for that Imperial majestic title is meant for an Emperor who has/had an empire ...

Una to de like make Una sef relevant, your Yoruba leaders mainly fought battle against themselves and not against outsiders compared to the Benin Kingdom, secondly, lot of things the Benin Kingdom possess are way higher than what your kingdom can ever attained, make Una forget population of your people....

You call yourself one and yet you dare not tell an Oyo man that he's an Ibadan man, he would fight you to a standstill, or tell an Ijebu Imushin man that he's Ijebu Igbo and he would fight you till death talkless of telling him he's an Abeokuta man lol. Yoruba Nation my foot...

You guys could not and still can't stick together as you can't handle your home, yet, you want to add Kingdom full of honour to your list of collections, awa!
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 8:53am On Feb 04, 2022
TAO11:

Why did you stop using your UGBE account lately? I noticed you stopped. What happed to you??

(1) Anyway, thanks for the video — I have replied you in my foregoing comment wherein I also embedded a video of your Oba at the Ife palace showing how your Oba gave up the Ekaladerhan fraud.

(2) Moreover, during that same visit of your Oba to his ancestral source, i.e. Ife, your Oba completed his rite of passage to kingship — one of which involves that he pays homage at the Orun-Oba-Ado (Heaven of Benin King) burial site, among others.

The following is a Channels TV report relevant to this statement. Time-stamp 0:22 to 0:28.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhU2AmpvJk

We know your Oba paid courtesy visit to other kings in the country too — such as: the Sultan of Sokoto.

But did your Oba pay homage to previous Benin king burial site in Sokoto and elsewhere? Of course not.

There are no such burial site of Benin kings there. It’s present only in Ife, and your Oba duly paid homage to where homage is due. Now that’s the key difference between his Ife visit and his other visits. Capeesh?

Channels TV is not wicked, demonic, & evil, because I know for sure that’s the next superficial go-to on your mind courtesy of your paranoid personality disorder.

Channels is an Edo-owned organization if that helps to deal with your paranoia delusions.

(3) Thank God Benin was accessible to the Portuguese in the 1400s. Otherwise, we may not have known that Benin kings are subordinate & inferior to an overlord outside Benin whose ‘name’ is spelt in the Portuguese writings as “Hooguanee”, “Ogane”, and whom scholars have found to be non other than the Ọɣọnẹ of Ifẹ.
Benin know your small place.

Cheers

In history no body recognizes your Yoruba your Oyo, is only scholars you keep saying schooler unlike the benin that have eyewitness from European and Africa.

You kingdom’s history lies on scholars from 19th century. Now you see the difference.

Your history started in 19th century.

You came here to put your mouth in a modeliz kingdom before colony?

In my first map you brought you see how from Lagos to south east( present Ado Ekiti Ondo) was known as great Benin before

While my last map of 18th century European and the world recognized that place as Benin Ado. I mean Benin Ado was what Ado Ekiti and Ondo was known recogniz and identified for.

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 9:29am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2022
oswardic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmrS2lrjPc

Sometimes I wonder if your brain can not comprehend truth or you're just dumb to be corrected.

In the Oba's coronation, you're expecting him to over push on a topic that is highly controversial so that his coronation can have a bad ending? Make Una de get sense small small. The Benin King is too mature to start ranting as a kid. He knew your people can be highly noisy and it is the obvious truth, it is not in our place to force truth through blind minds that does not want to accept the truth

Secondly, he visited your Ooni, your Ooni's home and you expect him to cause an argument there? Please, is it that you're just too stupid to notice wisdom when you see one? He cut out of it, what message does it send to you?

You saw the two culture, do they have anything in common? Please spare me your foolishness this early morning laho..

Stop crying dear  your people are the ones that are actually blind to the truth! More so since oba erediauwa produced the fables in the 1970a that is making people like you rant here. Gi back before 1970 all historical records show that the benin monarchy is from ife, what im i saying sef even the revisions from the 1970 say that, they just want to twist things by adding the ekaladerhan story, a man who died where he ruled in ughatan, this traditions collected in the later 19th/early 20th century and by 1970s oba erediauwa and his fellow revisionist have turned ekaladerhan into oduduwa lol.

Why not if you are bold give us any sources or evidence before 1970s of any written account of so called ekaladerhan?? I'm sure you can't meaning you want people to believe based on what you say and make up, meaning i can make things up today and because of a battered ego want it accepted? Please reason with your head plus there's absolutely no by evidence of anybody names ekaladerhan in ife or any by product of bini culture or language in ife.

Meanwhile in benin there's a host of by products of ife civilization. Starting from
1. Spirituality: in terms of olokun, ogun, sango, ifa and a host of others. This names can all be broken down in yoruba and not in local bini language

2. The names of the kings. Many obas including the greatest of them all ewuare have names that is considered spiritual with metaphoric meaning in benin today but this names can actually be broken down in yoruba and the so called metaphoric meaning will be literal. Ewuare for instance was named after ogun before he became ewuare (ewu-a-re trouble-has-ceased) and his nickname was ogidigan(the great im English) broken down in yoruba as O-gi-di-gan - it is very hard/great.

3. The eye witness account of the oba of benin in the 16th century or so talking about an overlord whom be gets authority from called oghane which in the bini dictionary is said to be the o(gh)oni of ife, the name itself is gotten from and can be broken down in yoruba language. Eye witness account of oba eweka 2 praying for his ancestors in ife, then oyo before himself. Or what about Eweka 2 son Akenzua 2 attending and proud to be in the various yoruba council of chiefs meetings as a son of Oduduwa. If oduduwa is ekaladerhan and all trace ancestry to Oduduwa then why is it not benin council of chiefs? For your info oba of benin was the no 3 monarch in yoruba land. Nigeria politics has made the bini kingdom look so different because the local bini people are different meanwhile the monarchy and the aristocrats are mostly descended from ife

4. Last but not least in terms of common and popular names. We see yoruba prefixes for instance omo meaning child which in local bini language has a different meaning, oba meaning king which in local bini is ogie. Many of this words came from the ife settlers and bini became a bilingual kingdom with yoruba being the lingua franca of the benin palace and administration(all this is well documented by eye witness accounts)

You really have no case. I'll make sure you bini liars are frustrated, you'll never get that validation you want from lies. I have said without number bini king is a great king, he's a direct descendant of Oduduwa and respected. Bini kingdom was a great kingdom let's respect ourselves and leave it as that. Any attempt to project lies to make yourselves good about oduduwa or about some false overhyped conquest will be met with facts, logic and evidences plus well garnished insults and beating from my sister TAO11

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 9:38am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:

In history no body recognizes your Yoruba your Oyo, is only scholars you keep saying schooler unlike the benin that have eyewitness from European and Africa.

You kingdom’s history lies on scholars from 19th century. Now you see the difference.

In my first map you brought you see how from Lagos to south east( present Ado Ekiti Ondo) was known as great Benin before

While my last map of 18th century European and the world recognized that place as Benin Ado. I mean Benin Ado was what Ado Ekiti and Ondo was known recogniz and identified for.

Sometimes i wonder why an emeritus professor madam TAO11 my distinguished professor who is now a dean ata reputable university engages with dullards from 2by2 but i understand we have to do this because of innocent minds and to educate you.

You talk about scholars as a different category from european eye witnesses shocked Damn did you go to school? Your parents deserve refund o. Let's unpack this. Many of this scholars are either the eyewitness themselves, collected eyewitnesses or are professional historians analyzing work from benin and other works about benin all from the 14th century.

Now if im to follow your logic, can you tell me any European eyewitness who said oduduwa is ekaladerhan?? Or any benin person or king before the 1970s ever said that. Can you tell me what actual eyewitness accounts say about ekaladerhan from the 1900s? Also can you tell me what eyewitness from the benin kingdom as written down by an European in the 16th century said about an overlord of the benin king the oghane. When you look at them all, they all corroborate everything TAO11 has said. No European will ever tell you the ife king ancestors are from benin no eyewitness account before the 20th century will say that from 2by2 bini itself. So what exactly are you on about grin

You aren't talking to half illiterates in bini here. We will unpack your false arguments and fallacies and keep educating you tongue

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 9:43am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:

WTF is this?? What's the correlation with what you quoted?? Per adventure what you are saying makes any sense or is correct, ok and so. Has TAO11 ever disagreed with you that bini kingdom now 2by2 grin was great. No body will argue that. It's a kingdom founded upon the ife civilization, headed and ruled by a direct descendant of oranmiyan. It make no sense to disparage it. It achieved great things no one disputes that.

You trying to highlight that especially with false arguments and mistimed fallacies is hilarious and shows you like many bini half illiterates are so insecure about yourselfs you feel you need to hold on to lies and exaggerations and pointless points to feel good about yourselves. I mean no winder the ife descendants ruling you had to switch to lies in the 1970s to try to continue their rule which you lot continue to vehemently defend

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 9:49am On Feb 04, 2022
oswardic:
(1) [s]What is this one talking about? Who is Ugbe?[/s]
You can deny your own self all you want. In fact, that’s exactly what you must do. Lol. It’s a sign of conquest.

[s]Did the Oba of Benin make a visit to Ile Ife to argue on geology? Make Una de type with sense small small?[/s]
What nonsense is this one typing?? Lol.

No one is asking your Ọba to argue, dummy. All your Ọba had to do was to simply tell us his “truth”.

He may then later eat back some of his words (like he did at his own party), but they would have been out.

Your Ọba came to Ife and could not dare repeat what he supposedly thinks is true. He cowered. Lol.

Historians have said the Kaladerhan tale is fraudulen, your Ọba too apparently knows it’s fraudulent.

[s]I do hope you know Ooni requested that they visited the Orun Oba Ado not at the request of the Oba of Benin... Political moves lol ..[/s]
Lol. No. I actually know that the Ooni didn’t need your king’s permission before your king knows to call at the Orun-Ọba-Ado burial site.

Even if the Ooni had truly randomly brought that up in the middle of their conversation that day, your king still didn’t have to go; but he did as the TV news report have stated in clear terms.

Moreover, the issue is not even about who brought it up, when it was brought up, why did he agree, etc. No that’s not the issue. The actual issue is about what he actually agreed to go there to do. The TV news report state in clear terms that he (your king) went there to pay homage to Benin kings buried there.

And that’s not the only site your king visited. He also was at the Oranmiyan grove. We know exactly what was done to him there. It’s an open secret. cheesy

[s]A typical you, always changing people's words to suite your brainless ego.. I wrote two different comments on two different responses you gave, and you connoted all to one? Wisdom indeed is a scarce commodity.. [/s]

My first response saying "The Benin Oba said it to his face" is concerning the nonsense you said about the Oba not able to talk about your so call Ekaladerhan fraud story and I shared a video to buttress that point and you later went further to say the Oba ate his word and the video showed clearly where the Oba's word was definite.

You’re used to being cunning, obviously because you are surrounded in Benin by insanely moronic dullards who are very easy to trick. You’re about to learn a big lesson. Fasten your seat belt.

Now, you’re claiming here that your say it to his face comment was a reply to my dared not mention it comment. Lol.

Whereas, the actual reality is the reverse of what you are fraudulently claiming here:

(1) You wrote at 3:57pm On Feb 03 that “it was said to your Ooni's face

(2) I replied at 4:06pm On Feb 03 that your Ọba “dared not mention the Ekaladerhan fraud” at the Ooni’s palace.
In other words, you didn’t reply with say it to his face to my dared not mention it comment.

Rather, it was I who replied with my dared not mention it comment to your say it to his face comment.

You have just been exposed again for the umpteenth time as a delusional fraudulent nincompoop.

Having now exposed you, it becomes clear that your reason for writing your say it to his face comment is to give the usual dumb Bini insinuation that your Ọba is FeArLeSs, etc.

However, such dumb insinuation is rightly debunked when I pointed out his caveat where he noted that his own statement is not necessarily true for others.

He knows his boundary, hence he debunked the very insinuation which you (among other slave-subjects of his) wish to push out. He ate back part of his words.

[s]Secondly, you talked about the Oba's visit to Ife and how he could not talk about the Ekaladerhan fraud and I told you how can he possibly talk about that when His purpose of visit was to appreciate the Ooni for gracing his coronation just as the Oba did in Sokoto, Warri, etc and you said why didn't he talk about it...[/s]
Wrong! grin

You’re giving an excuse/pleading that the reason why your Ọba didn’t talk about Ekaladerhan is because his visit has nothing to do with that.

This excuse/pleading doesn’t fly because while he was giving his submission, he brought up the Ife & Benin connection. You get the gist? wink

However, he literally cut out the fraudulent part about Ekaladerhan. Why couldn’t he say his truth? Your Ọba is neither FeArLeSs nor BrAve after-all — contrary to what you (and his other slave-subjects) love to think.
Yes, the purpose of your Ọba’s visit was more than appreciation.

You heard clearly in that Channels TV report that your Ọba “paid homage” at Ọrun-Ọba-Ado at Ife.

Your Ọba din’t pay any such homage when he visited Warri, Sokoto, etc. Or did he? cheesy grin Now that is the key difference between his Ife visit and his other visits.

[s]Please, I am absolutely sure I am having a discourse with a pretty young girl who thinks she has read so much and could just vomit some nonsense in exchange for wisdom.[/s]
A young girl who brought down decades of Benin lies?? Yup!

[s]Go back to bed, maybe your brain might generate little wisdom to survive the day without saying much trash as other days.[/s]
You should take your own advice. It is you who need such advice since you’re clearly having sleepless night.

Cheers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 9:50am On Feb 04, 2022
oswardic:
I keep seeing Imperial Majesty everywhere and I am wondering if this is a lack of understanding or what... Was Ife ever an empire for that Imperial majestic title is meant for an Emperor who has/had an empire ...

Una to de like make Una sef relevant, your Yoruba leaders mainly fought battle against themselves and not against outsiders compared to the Benin Kingdom, secondly, lot of things the Benin Kingdom possess are way higher than what your kingdom can ever attained, make Una forget population of your people....

You call yourself one and yet you dare not tell an Oyo man that he's an Ibadan man, he would fight you to a standstill, or tell an Ijebu Imushin man that he's Ijebu Igbo and he would fight you till death talkless of telling him he's an Abeokuta man lol. Yoruba Nation my foot...

You guys could not and still can't stick together as you can't handle your home, yet, you want to add Kingdom full of honour to your list of collections, awa!

I see the fear now angry stop shivering ok, a repeat of oranmiyans complete override won't happen again fear, no one wants 2by2 in yoruba Nation. Your people can self determine as they want. No one will be forced into Yoruba Nation. You lot should clamor for bini Nation na grin, obviously you can't because you know no one in the south south will allow bini be their overlord in a new nation.

By the way, your statement is super contradictory and stupid. If there's a "you guys" as you yourself say clamoring for a yoruba nation and of which many of us are from different subgroups for instance im ijebu and my professor TAO11 is awori yet we are very much together in this how does your highlight of simple disputes or natural tensions which occurs between any subgroup of any ethnic group in the world make any sense especially when you yourself admit there's a you guys(The Yoruba people) clamoring for a yoruba Nation.

And yeah the OONI OF IFE is an imperial majesty, go yourself to academia i can give you access of my personal details so you can read about the ife civilization and what it achieved at its height, it wasn't militarized influence but economic, cultural and spiritual influence throughout the majority of the South East below the Niger River. Ife was a capital to many kingdoms whose patrons and monarchies trace descent from it and a capital for ifa spirituality also the site of primary glass manufacturing in all of west Africa. It

Man, educating y'all can be exhausting but we'll continue.

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 9:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:
[s]In history no body recognizes your Yoruba your Oyo, is only scholars you keep saying schooler unlike the benin that have eyewitness from European and Africa.

While my last map of 18th century European and the world recognized that place as Benin Ado. I mean Benin Ado was what Ado Ekiti and Ondo was known recogniz and identified for.[/s]
Setting aside for the moment that your jibber-jabber touches nothing in my comment.

Show me one eyewitness observer who called pre-colonial Benin an empire.

I have shown on this thread that eyewitnesses named pre-colonial Oyo as an empire.

Cheers.

11 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 9:58am On Feb 04, 2022
SirNewtonNG:

Sometimes i wonder why an emeritus professor madam TAO11 my distinguished professor who is now a dean ata reputable university engages with dullards from 2by2 but i understand we have to do this because of innocent minds and to educate you.

You talk about scholars as a different category from european eye witnesses shocked Damn did you go to school? Your parents deserve refund o. Let's unpack this. Many of this scholars are either the eyewitness themselves, collected eyewitnesses or are professional historians analyzing work from benin and other works about benin all from the 14th century.

Now if im to follow your logic, can you tell me any European eyewitness who said oduduwa is ekaladerhan?? Or any benin person or king before the 1970s ever said that. Can you tell me what actual eyewitness accounts say about ekaladerhan from the 1900s? Also can you tell me what eyewitness from the benin kingdom as written down by an European in the 16th century said about an overlord of the benin king the oghane. When you look at them all, they all corroborate everything TAO11 has said. No European will ever tell you the ife king ancestors are from benin no eyewitness account before the 20th century will say that from 2by2 bini itself. So what exactly are you on about grin

You aren't talking to half illiterates in bini here. We will unpack your false arguments and fallacies and keep educating you tongue

I’m not talking about Benin Ife connection that wasn’t eyewitness.

I’m talking about eyewitness decorated kingdom by European by the world.

That why I brought the map and if you want me to give you world/European eyewitness/reference of the map I will put here.

You can’t take scholars of Yoruba seriously from 19th century. Adabayo might just wake up one day and claim to be a scholar say say Yoruba owns everywhere in Nigeria, will I arrest him everyone has rights.

You can’t compare adabayo imagination write up to world well documented eyewitness history.

Benin and Ife tales might is of sky kings tals is a lot of difference from world well documented history ok.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 10:08am On Feb 04, 2022
But thanks God you people have accepted that Ondo and Ekiti was under the Edo control before and was know as Benin Ado before colony
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 10:20am On Feb 04, 2022
oswardic:
What is this one talking about? Who is Ugbe?

Did the Oba of Benin make a visit to Ile Ife to argue on genealogy? Make Una de type with sense small small?

I do hope you know Ooni requested that they visited the Orun Oba Ado not at the request of the Oba of Benin... Political moves lol ..

A typical you, always changing people's words to suite your brainless ego.. I wrote two different comments on two different responses you gave, and you connoted all to one? Wisdom indeed is a scarce commodity..

Secondly, you talked about the Oba's visit to Ife and how he could not talk about the Ekaladerhan fraud and I told you how can he possibly talk about that when His purpose of visit was to appreciate the Ooni for gracing his coronation just as the Oba did in Sokoto, Warri, etc and you said why didn't he talk about it... Please, I am absolutely sure I am having a discourse with a pretty young girl who thinks she has read so much and could just vomit some nonsense in exchange for wisdom.

Go back to bed, maybe your brain might generate little wisdom to survive the day without saying much trash as other days.

MA TAO11 this one off me, OONI(OGHENE) N UHE told oba of benin, omo noba (son off the King) to do something for political moves and he too did it like the good son he is grin, just like eweka 2 was controlled to pray to his ancestors at ife and oyo, just like akenzua 2 was controlled to attend the yoruba council of chiefs meeting in 1937, just like the benin king and his messenger were controlled in the 15th/16th century to talk of an oghane who is his overlord or like even the originator of this fraudulent story erediauwa write in his tales by moonlight story book that eweka means owi mi ka which is literally a yoruba phrase. They were all being told what to do and did it right?? grin

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 10:27am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:
But thanks God you people have accepted that Ondo and Ekiti was under the Edo control before and was know as Benin Ado before colony

And so?? Isn't that the history of the world. England the British empire that disgraced 2by2 was under Ronen before wasn't it then it was under the anglo saxons and then the normans(anglo saxon mixed with native Celtics) and then just like the bini kingdom is still under ife rule till today. Ado ekiti and owo and other frontier Kingdoms had a good relationship with the bini kingdom and its king because he was their kin and a direct descendant of Oduduwa and oranmiyan and yes there were times were during tension benin would take control and they were firms bini would be chased back and defeated. It's not like bini had any control in this kingdoms for all time like the way ife still controls bini from the beginning to the present. I mean look at the way you lot defend the omo noba with different excuses just to give him full legitimacy.

The irony of it all is the omo noba itself isa yoruba word grin.i guess the fact that Akure was under bini for soem 60 years now is so relevance to you in the 21 st century and makes your phallus hard or what ? Should we start talking about how ogedenbe harrassed bini frontier towns and literally had to be begged. Cmon stop this madness. You bini should have more respect for yourselves man. I will advise you unseat the oba and put the ogiamen who is a native local bini blood instead of this show of shame in trying to turn history on its head and project some false hoof because you see yorubas as a big and dominant group and learning a yoruba man founded in the bini kingdom. Abeg abeg

TAO11
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2022
oswardic:
(1) [s]I keep seeing Imperial Majesty everywhere and I am wondering if this is a lack of understanding or what... Was Ife ever an empire for that Imperial majestic title is meant for an Emperor who has/had an empire ...[/s]

(2) [s]Una to de like make Una sef relevant, your Yoruba leaders mainly fought battle against themselves and not against outsiders compared to the Benin Kingdom, secondly, lot of things the Benin Kingdom possess are way higher than what your kingdom can ever attained, make Una forget population of your people....[/s]

(3) [s]You call yourself one and yet you dare not tell an Oyo man that he's an Ibadan man, he would fight you to a standstill, or tell an Ijebu Imushin man that he's Ijebu Igbo and he would fight you till death talkless of telling him he's an Abeokuta man lol. Yoruba Nation my foot...

You guys could not and still can't stick together as you can't handle your home, yet, you want to add Kingdom full of honour to your list of collections, awa![/s]
(1) Even your Ọba addressed the Ọọni as His Imperial Majesty. Yes your Ọmọnọba used those appropriate words when addressing the Ọọni. cheesy

On Ife empire, see the attached old map made in the year 1513 showing the phrase “Realm of Ọɣọni” as the only sovereign worthy of featuring on a European map of the time in the “Nigeria” region.

Moreover, see the scholarly submission below as per ancient Ife:

Occupying a key site on the route from the Bend to Ife, Oyo was probably one of the earliest-founded provincial capitals in the Ife empire.” ~ Robin Horton, “Ancient Ife: A Reassessment,” Journal of the Historical Society of Nigeria, Vol.9, No. 4. (1979), p. 115.

(2) War within the same ethnic group/nation/people is replete throughout history especially for diverse, vast, and large groups.

Even as small as Benin is, Benin kingdom still fought itself in the 1600s—1700s. See the statement below:

Towards the end of the seventeenth century,* a number of European observers noted that the Edo Kingdom of Benin* had been racked for some years by civil war. One of the longest accounts, that of David van Nyendael, reported that as a result of this civil war, Benin City had been sacked and in his day (1699-1701) was reduced to a ‘mere village’*.” ~ Paula Ben-Amos Girshick & John Thornton: “Civil War in the Kingdom of Benin, 1689-1721: Continuity or Political Change?”, Journal of African History, 42 (2001), p. 353.

Moreover, the great Ọyọ empire conquered many non-Yorùbá kingdoms, e.g. Dahomey, Nupes, etc. Dahomey was a conquered Oyo tributary for about 100 years.

Aje from Ibadan, Ogedengbe from Ileṣa, et al. all sacked different parts of Benin kingdom independently in the precolonial times. I hope your curiosity is now quenched. Lol.

(3) Your comments are typically dumb. But the most dumb so far is this one about the Yorùbá dialects and subgroups.

You sounded as dumb as an hypothetical dullard who argues that English people are not one because there are different subgroups within that big group.

In other words, a dullard who argues that because a Scouse is NOT a Nothern Irish, then they are NOT both English people.

Because Paul is NOT Peter, then they aren’t both of the same nuclear family. You deserve an award for the dumbest.

Cheers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:
No. Ondo and Ekiti was never under Benin kingdom.
The traditions of Akure (and the Eastern frontier in general) has the following to say:

An interesting perspective on this subject was given by the Oore of Otun[-Ekiti] to this author during visits to the Otun palace in the 1970s.* According to the Oore, the true picture was that Ekiti kingdoms did not really see Benin as an enemy. The Oba of Benin was regarded as a “brother” to some Ekiti kings. Paying tribute to the Oba of Benin was out of the question. In Ado and Akure where bloody battles occurred, there were a special factors at work. ~ Prof. S. A. Akintoye, “A History of the Yoruba People,” Amalion Publishing, 2010, p.216-217.

Before moving to what the “special factors at work” in Akure, etc. it is important to remember that Eegaging in battles, conflicts with a group is not one and the same thing as being “ruled over”.

Now to the specific factors leading to the conflict with Benin by the Akures, et al.:

According to Owo traditions, a large colony of Benin traders sprang up in Owo and a large colony of Owo traders sprang up in Benin. From Owo, Benin trade spread rapidly into Ekiti and Akoko. Akure, to the north of Owo, became a major center of Benin trade, with a large colony of Benin traders.

Wherever there was a sizeable colony of Benin traders, they had the habit of organizing themselves into a community with its own “chiefs,” topped by a head chief with the title of Olotu-Ado or Olotu Ekiran. They also developed the practice of sending their tributes to the Oba of Benin through their Olotu Ado. Usually, these head chiefs wanted to be seen and treated as representatives of the Oba of Benin. Their unmet expectations in this regard came to play some part in causing conflicts with Benin. According to Akure traditions, the first coming of Benin troops to Akure, during the reign of Oba Ewuare of Benin in about the middle of the fifteenth century, was caused by a major confrontation between the Akure government and the leadership of the Benin trading community over a dispute between some Akure and Benin traders in the Akure marketplace.
~ Prof. S. A. Akintoye, “A History of the Yoruba People,” Amalion Publishing, 2010, p.213.

It must have become clear to now at this point that the Yorubas of the Eastern frontier do not subscribe to the mouth-to-mouth jokes which you all regurgitate to one another at your backwater.

To think you actually believed everyone in the world agrees with you that your “dad is the strongest in the world” is wholesomely pitiable. I can only ask that you grow up.

To conclude then from what the traditions of Akure, et al. have been shown to say; it is super clear that the pictures being painted to you in your back water is the very same picture that kid siblings tell one another — i.e. “our daddy is the strongest in the world.”

On the whole, the movements of Benin’s men in arms appear to have been intrinsically actions in support of trade and traders. Benin was a great trading state whose rulers paid very close attention to its citizens’ trading activities. The Oba of Benin himself was the patron of some of the most important trading associations that organized trade to various territories outside of Benin. It is in the context of the activities and traditions of these trading associations that we must understand most statements in Benin claiming many distant lands as places in which the Oba of Benin had influence. ~ S. A. Akintoye, “A History of the Yoruba People,” Amalion Publishing, 2010, p.217.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 10:29am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:

I’m not talking about Benin Ife connection that wasn’t eyewitness.

I’m talking about eyewitness decorated kingdom by European by the world.

That why I brought the map and if you want me to give you world/European eyewitness/reference of the map I will put here.

You can’t take scholars of Yoruba seriously from 19th century. Adabayo might just wake up one day and claim to be a scholar say say Yoruba owns everywhere in Nigeria, will I arrest him everyone has rights.

You can’t compare adabayo imagination write up to world well documented eyewitness history.

Benin and Ife tales might is of sky kings tals is a lot of difference from world well documented history ok.

Why not quote the well documented historical facts that support any bini revisionist point. Or are you blind to the many historical sources and historical analysis from top historians of today and the past on bini history from eye witness accounts from bini itself.

Aunty TAO11 abi e ma gbo ode yi

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 10:30am On Feb 04, 2022
SirNewtonNG:
MA TAO11 this one off me, OONI(OGHENE) N UHE told oba of benin, omo noba (son off the King) to do something for political moves and he too did it like the good son he is grin, just like eweka 2 was controlled to pray to his ancestors at ife and oyo, just like akenzua 2 was controlled to attend the yoruba council of chiefs meeting in 1937, just like the benin king and his messenger were controlled in the 15th/16th century to talk of an oghane who is his overlord or like even the originator of this fraudulent story erediauwa write in his tales by moonlight story book that eweka means owi mi ka which is literally a yoruba phrase. They were all being told what to do and did it right?? grin
His comment was debunked and pulled down at the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/6697675/power-oba-benin-wield-past/27#109943293

Cheers.

11 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 10:33am On Feb 04, 2022
SirNewtonNG:
Why not quote the well documented historical facts that support any bini revisionist point. Or are you blind to the many historical sources and historical analysis from top historians of today and the past on bini history from eye witness accounts from bini itself.

Aunty TAO11 abi e ma gbo ode yi
Here is the request to put to him:

Jameseddi1:
[s]In history no body recognizes your Yoruba your Oyo, is only scholars you keep saying schooler unlike the benin that have eyewitness from European and Africa.

While my last map of 18th century European and the world recognized that place as Benin Ado. I mean Benin Ado was what Ado Ekiti and Ondo was known recogniz and identified for.[/s]
Setting aside for the moment that your jibber-jabber touches nothing in my comment.

Show me one eyewitness observer who called pre-colonial Benin an empire.

I have shown on this thread that eyewitnesses named pre-colonial Oyo as an empire.

Cheers.

11 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 10:36am On Feb 04, 2022
SirNewtonNG:
…Your people can self determine as they want. No one will be forced into Yoruba Nation. You lot should clamor for bini Nation na grin, obviously you can't because you know no one in the south south will allow bini be their overlord in a new nation. …
A Bini nation would be a nation of Binis while others have their own nation. It’s that simple. The Binis should stop being afraid.

12 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Jameseddi1: 10:38am On Feb 04, 2022
TAO11:

(1) Even your Ọba addressed the Ọọni as His Imperial Majesty. Yes your Ọmọnọba used those appropriate words when addressing the Ọọni. cheesy

On Ife empire, see the attached old map made in the year 1513 showing the phrase “Realm of Ọɣọni” as the only sovereign worthy of featuring on a European map of the time in the “Nigeria” region.

Moreover, see the scholarly submission below as per ancient Ife:

Occupying a key site on the route from the Bend to Ife, Oyo was probably one of the earliest-founded provincial capitals in the Ife empire.” ~ Robin Horton, “Ancient Ife: A Reassessment,” Journal of the Historical Society of Nigeria, Vol.9, No. 4. (1979), p. 115.

(2) War within the same people is replete throughout history especially for diverse, vast, and large groups.

Even as small as Benin is, Benin kingdom still fought itself in the 1600s—1700s. See the statement below:

Towards the end of the seventeenth century,* a number of European observers noted that the Edo Kingdom of Benin* had been racked for some years by civil war. One of the longest accounts, that of David van Nyendael, reported that as a result of this civil war, Benin City had been sacked and in his day (1699-1701) was reduced to a ‘mere village’*.” ~ Paula Ben-Amos Girshick & John Thornton: “Civil War in the Kingdom of Benin, 1689-1721: Continuity or Political Change?”, Journal of African History, 42 (2001), p. 353.

Moreover, the great Ọyọ empire conquered many no Yorùbá kingdoms, e.g. Dahomy, Nupes, etc. Dahomy was a conquered Oyo tributary for about 100 years.

Aje from Ibadan, Ogedengbe from Ileṣa, etc. all sacke different parts of Benin kingdom independently in the precolonial times. I hope your curiosity is quenched.

(3) Your comments are typically dumb so far. But the dumbest so far is this one about the Yorùbá dialects & subgroups.

Your sounded as dumb as an hypothetical dullard wh argues that English people are not one because there are different subgroups between that big group.

In other words, a dullard argues that because a scouse is NOT a Nothern Irish, then they are not both English people. Because Paul is NOT Peter, then they aren’t both of the same nuclear family.

You deserve an award for the dumbest.

Cheers.

You always prove me right thanks a lot Tao11

Benin was always documented right from time see your reference while on the other hand Yoruba was lost and not be found in world history suddenly found himself in 19th century

Your write up prove my point Benin way back Oyo from 19th

The map you keep posting here if we checked well it might just be a painted map from Adabayo from 19th century or 2005.

Still the fact remain Ondo Ekiti Lagos #great Benin your Aworis was never recognized in Lagos as the Erelu said European map also again supported the claim.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 10:39am On Feb 04, 2022
TAO11:
No. Ondo and Ekiti was never under Benin kingdom.

The mumu can't even get it what will make his phallus hard right. He mistakes it for Akure which was under Benin for like 60 years or something and owo who had short spells under benin. I'm suprised this idiots don't mention towns like usen a yoruba town which was under Benin patronage. This towns weren't ashamed to be under bini patronage because they knew the King was their kim a descendant of ife like them; usen for instance wasn't conquered. Even ado and owo had a good relationship before the traders skirmish and eventual rule for a small period of time. They're so greedy imagine him talking about ekiti(as if the whole of ekiti land os ado ekiti) and ondo, what an idiot!

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 10:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:
[s]You always prove me right thanks a lot Tao11

Benin was always documented right from time see your reference while on the other hand Yoruba was lost and not be found in world history suddenly found himself in 19th century

The map you keep posting here if we checked well it might just be a painted map from Adabayo from 19th century or 2005.

Still the fact remain Ondo Ekiti Lagos #great Benin your Aworis was never recognized in Lagos as the Erelu said European map also again supported the claim.[/s]
Show me the eyewitness that called Benin an empire. There in none. cheesy

Every other thing you wrote you’ve been disgraced for on this very thread.

I pity your fate. I wonder how you all escape suicidal thoughts daily knowing how you remain conquered.

12 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 10:47am On Feb 04, 2022
SirNewtonNG:

The mumu can't even get it what will make his phallus hard right. He mistakes it for Akure which was under Benin for like 60 years or something and owo who had short spells under benin. I'm suprised this idiots don't mention towns like usen a yoruba town which was under Benin patronage. This towns weren't ashamed to be under bini patronage because they knew the King was their kim a descendant of ife like them; usen for instance wasn't conquered. Even ado and owo had a good relationship before the traders skirmish and eventual rule for a small period of time. They're so greedy imagine him talking about ekiti(as if the whole of ekiti land os ado ekiti) and ondo, what an idiot!
Even the accounts about Akure & Owo are false. They emanate originally from Benin sources.

Indigenous Akure, Owo sources, etc. have something else to say. They were never conquered at any point.

I have updated the details in that comment. Read it.

Cheers.

11 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 10:47am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:

Still the fact remain Ondo Ekiti Lagos #great Benin your Aworis was never recognized in Lagos as the Erelu said European map also again supported the claim.

Bro, you are suffering from severe insecurities. TAO11 please leave this guy abeg. Wetin be this. Aworis weren't recognized that's the argument. Are you some troll? I forgot bini are only good for trolling. Now the same europeans who you hate because they either destroyed 2by2 or they still maintain the truth about the foundations of the bini kingdom are the people you love now because they named landmarks like a bight the bight of benin, so that means what now?? Trade was done with the bini which wss the most powerful kingdom in the south south present day nigeria coast hence the naming. The same europeans who talk about bornu empire, sokoto caliphate, mali empire, the nupe kingdom, the hausa city states, the oyo empire or the ijebu kingdom whom they traded with for a long time too and put those names in their maps you never recognize but you are fighting over bight of benin, that's what gives you life in 2022. See how stupid you are grin you lot never have any point really.

No one is arguing over the greatness of benin but you want to reiterate that with lies, falsehood and some show of superiority. Like I'm wondering what point you are making over the bight of benin like so what about the entire GULF of guinea?? Like do you know what geograpy and nomenclature entails. How down bad are you? How insecure are you especially of the yorubas. It's not our fault oranmiyan and his descendants still rule you all till today please

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 10:49am On Feb 04, 2022
SirNewtonNG:
Bro, you are suffering from severe insecurities. TAO11 please leave this guy abeg. Wetin be this. Aworis weren't recognized that's the argument. Are you some troll? I forgot bini are only good for trolling. Now the same europeans who you hate because they either destroyed 2by2 or they still maintain the truth about the foundations of the bini kingdom are the people you love now because they named landmarks like a bight the bight of benin, so that means what now?? Trade was done with the bini which wss the most powerful kingdom in the south south present day nigeria coast hence the naming. The same europeans who talk about bornu empire, sokoto caliphate, mali empire, the nupe kingdom, the hausa city states, the oyo empire or the ijebu kingdom whom they traded with for a long time too and put those names in their maps you never recognize but you are fighting over bight of benin, that's what gives you life in 2022. See how stupid you are grin you lot never have any point really.

No one is arguing over the greatness of benin but you want to reiterate that with lies, falsehood and some show of superiority. Like I'm wondering what point you are making over the bight of benin like so what about the entire GULF of guinea?? Like do you know what geograpy and nomenclature entails. How down bad are you? How insecure are you especially of the yorubas. It's not our fault oranmiyan and his descendants still rule you all till today please
I debunked what he wrote.

11 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 10:51am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 10:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Jameseddi1:

No one is arguing over the greatness of benin but you want to reiterate that with lies, falsehood and some show of superiority. Like I'm wondering what point you are making over the bight of benin like so what about the entire GULF of guinea?? Do you even know the bight of biafra is named after biafar people in Cameron? Do they now own the whole of the southeast of nigeria or how is that a symbol of their greatness? Like do you know what geograpy and nomenclature entails. How down bad are you? How dumb and insecure are you to make asinine arguments like this How insecure are you especially of the yorubas. It's not our fault oranmiyan and his descendants still rule you all till today please. Like we were talking about oduduwa and ekaladerhan falsehood, we have talked about the yoruba spirituality in benin, we have talked about the true historical traditions of lagos which shows a synergy between yoruba awori and yoruba bini to found the kingdom of lagos, now you lot can't say anything anymore you resort to look at the map see bight of benin grin that means we are great. How lowly of you. TAO11 [/quote]
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 10:56am On Feb 04, 2022
TAO11:

Even the accounts about Akure & Owo are false. They emanate originally from Benin sources.

Indigenous Akure, Owo sources, etc. have something else to say. They were never conquered at any point.

I have updated the details in that comment. Read it.

Cheers.

I mean you are right, they were trade disputes and skirmishes and in Akure you had a prince who had maternal bini connection but paternal royal Akure connection installed at some point, infact he was many of the sons of the deposed deji who was born to one of the many daughters of the benin king, that shows that there was a synergetic relationship between the two before the conflict. And yes some tributes of trade was eventually settled to the bini king but that's not conquest at the end of the day and after 60 years or less the tributary stopped
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by SirNewtonNG: 10:58am On Feb 04, 2022
TAO11:
His comment was debunked and pulled down at the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/6697675/power-oba-benin-wield-past/27#109943293

Cheers.
grin Its just funny that the oba of benin wss told to do something by the OONI OF IFE and he too did it like the good son he is grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Ekpe Masquerades / ABU, Zaria Management Storms Onitsha For Ofala Festival (Photos) / Why Do Nigeria Men Prefer Male Child To Female Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.