Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,368 members, 7,781,005 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:21 AM

Coil Keeps Burning - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Coil Keeps Burning (666 Views)

My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out / Electrical Faults, Brain Box, Burnt Coil, New Engine On Nissan Moran 04 / Watch How 35 Firefighters Struggled To Tackle A Large Fire From A Burning Tesla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coil Keeps Burning by romityl: 3:06am On Aug 12, 2021
Good Morning guys ,I have an issue that is eating me up .I use a Hyundai Elantra 2007 model manual transmission 4plug.i recently changed upper clutch and as soon as I drove out of the workshop to test the car,I discovered my car refused to move after driving about less than one kilometre .it was dragging as if the car has no strength again .only for me to park and open my bonnet just to discover fire burning on one of my coil .the model has two coil by the side of the engine .I quickly called the mechanic he said it an electrical issue and that two wire might have bridge themselves .
The electrician I took did some checking and we got the coil replaced again ,as soon as we put the car on it blew the coil immediately again ....am really confused as to what to do pls ... cannot continue like this pls .what could be the issue .
Re: Coil Keeps Burning by BamBamK: 10:00am On Aug 12, 2021
GAzzuzz

nurey

diportivo

make una assist

romityl:
Good Morning guys ,I have an issue that is eating me up .I use a Hyundai Elantra 2007 model manual transmission 4plug.i recently changed upper clutch and as soon as I drove out of the workshop to test the car,I discovered my car refused to move after driving about less than one kilometre .it was dragging as if the car has no strength again .only for me to park and open my bonnet just to discover fire burning on one of my coil .the model has two coil by the side of the engine .I quickly called the mechanic he said it an electrical issue and that two wire might have bridge themselves .
The electrician I took did some checking and we got the coil replaced again ,as soon as we put the car on it blew the coil immediately again ....am really confused as to what to do pls ... cannot continue like this pls .what could be the issue .
Re: Coil Keeps Burning by romityl: 10:32am On Aug 12, 2021
My Brother I need the assistance oh badly
Re: Coil Keeps Burning by autologic: 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2021
Post picture of the engine bay
Re: Coil Keeps Burning by romityl: 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
Ok will do that Sir shortly
Re: Coil Keeps Burning by diportivo: 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2021
romityl:
I just discovered mine is the 2.0ltr engine which they say has iron block ...am sure it the 1.6ltr that is aluminium ... so happy so anyday engine vex I can go for a direct engine ...have sent the pic to some few dealers a few have agreed on 180k for a first grade ..

you already laid you bed...... wink

1 Like

Re: Coil Keeps Burning by olumzzz(m): 5:16am On Aug 13, 2021
diportivo:

you already laid you bed...... wink
The guy never vex. Till he vexes we dey observe
Re: Coil Keeps Burning by oluwaseunla(m): 6:12am On Aug 13, 2021
romityl:

Check wiring harness.
Check ECU.

Once you find the issue, you have to replace coils again.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

2020 Lexus GS 350 Review / Mini Bus Hire Purchase / Toks 3 Rolls Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.