Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Nigerian Romance Story : Unimaginable Love (parental Guidiance) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Romance Story : Unimaginable Love (parental Guidiance) (240 Views)

Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? / "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady / My Nairaland Romance Story: Two Nairalanders Wed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Romance Story : Unimaginable Love (parental Guidiance) by funmbat: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2021
EPISODE 1: UNIMAGINABLE LOVE

The queue was so long and the sun was not helping matters at all. I had longed to be in the university, after 3years of seeking admission. At 19, I finally got admission into the Federal Universities of Technology, Minna. My Dad is not a big fan of private universities, even though he could afford it because he’s rich, if not I would have been in one of the private universities before now.

I was thankful for this admission, but the registration process was too strenuous.

Stress and hardship as now become a norm in this part of the country, you don’t get to do anything successfully except you are stressed and drained.

Can’t we just do the registration online and get this over with" I said in my mind.

“Excuse me” a voice interrupted my thought. Please I need to get a cold drink before I faint here, please I’m at your back, can you kindly keep this space for me, I can’t afford to start all over again when I return.”

“Sure, no problem” I replied.

“Thanks, by the way, I’m Tinuke Oni.”

“Anike Adams,” I said with a smile.

She asked if I needed anything and I told her to just get me water.

She came back a few minutes later and handed a plastic bottled water to me. I gave her money for the bottled water but she rejected it, I thanked her in return.

Finally, I was through with my registration, I was given accommodation in the school hostel. I located room 203 and entered the room.

I was surprised when I met the same Tinuke in the room unpacking. I realized she’s my roommate and fortunately for us, we are also in the same department.

The room was nice but small, though it’s a two-bedded room, we both liked it. I started unpacking too. Hoping that I’ll enjoy my stay with Tinuke.

The first day of the lecture was something else, we got to the lecture theater as early as possible, but to our surprise, the whole place was filled up.

“Tinuke, these people did not sleep in their hostels?” I asked.

“Anike, I’m as shocked as you, the lecture is to start by 8 am and this is just 7:30 which means we have to be here by 7:00 am if we want to get a sitting space” She replied.

“God! You mean we have to be here by 7:00 am for the 8 am lecture” I queried.

“Yes, unless you want us to stand all through for lectures like today.”

Since that day, we make sure we were in the lecture theater by 7 am just to secure a seat.

★★★★

I was so happy it was Friday, the first week was hectic. It has been 8 am- 5 pm all through.

“Thank God it’s Friday,” I said excitedly when we came back from lectures.

At least we can rest and eat better food for the weekend. The quickest food we had time to cook during the week was noodles, then bread.

“Which of the campus fellowship do you intend to attend?” Tinuke asked me while making dinner.

“RCF” I replied.

“RCF is OK by me too, then we can go together on Sunday.”

Sunday service was awesome, it’s always refreshing to be in the presence of God. We got back to the hostel and prepared lunch.

“I hate Mondays,” I said while devouring my lunch.

“Don’t tell me you are already thinking about tomorrow”

“Why won’t I, 8 am-6 pm lectures including practical.

“Don’t worry we’ll soon get used to the stress” she assured me.

Tinuke's phone rang, she checked the caller ID and smiled before picking the call.

After the call, I asked about her boyfriend and she told me about Sam. He lives and works in Abuja. He's 3years older than Tinuke and they've been dating for 6months now.

Tinuke wrote JAMB thrice, all because she wanted to study medicine but she was advised to accept the admission she was giving here in FUT MINNA for now, then she can cross later. She explained her plight to me.

“So you are still planning to study medicine?” I asked

“Yes, I’ll continue writing JAMB until I’m giving admission to study medicine.”

“Doctor Tinuke I wish all your dreams come through.”

“Amen, thanks.”

I noticed the guy monitors her a lot, she always gives him details of all her movements, and she confirmed that the guy is jealous and insecure.

“Your turn Anike, tell me about your boyfriend,” she said.

“Honestly I don’t have one.”

“But I do hear you make calls at night and definitely the caller is a guy.”

“You are right but the guy is my childhood friend, he calls every day because we are very close.”

“So what stops you guys from dating or does he has a girlfriend?”

“No, he doesn’t.”

“Then you guys should start something, it’s obvious you like each other. If he doesn’t like you he won’t be calling you for more than an hour every day.”

“I know we like each other but I think we are better off as friends.”

“So you have friend-zoned him abi?” she said and we both laughed. Na fahimta (I understand) she added.

“One more thing Tinuke, you must teach me Hausa o, Abuja girl.”

”Ba masala” (no problem). This is a Hausa-speaking state, don’t worry you’ll learn fast, Lagos girl” she said smiling.

*EPISODE 2: UNIMAGINABLE LOVE*

Tinuke and I got along so well, we understood each other so much, I couldn’t have wished for a better roommate.

People including our course mates do tell us that we look alike. Maybe because we are of the same stature, average height, slim, dark skin, and beautiful oval-shaped face. I can’t tell who is more beautiful, people can judge that.

I was busy with my assignment while Tinuke was doing the dishes.

“Anike, How far with the assignment Dr. Chuks gave us?” Tinuke asked.

“I’m almost through. But come to think of it, some lecturers are so mean, how can he tell us to write 100 names of microorganisms and submit it under 24hours, all this stress for just 5 marks.”

She left the dishes peeped at what I was writing.

“You’ve written 80 already, I only got 48 from the textbooks I borrowed from the library.”

“You can’t get the whole 100 from the textbook, I got mine from the internet. Thank God for the internet and whoever invented copy and paste.”

“Amen Anike, You are very funny,” she said laughing.

“Jokes apart, Tinuke I’m hungry.”

“OK, I’ll fix us dinner.”

“Thanks, you are a darling,” she said smiling.

“You are welcome” I smiled back at her.

The next day, we submitted the MCB101 assignment to the course rep.

“Let’s call it a day, see you next week,” the Lecturer said and left the class.

Tinuke and I packed our books and left the class.

On our way to the hostel, we met a very fine guy, tall, fair, and looked brutish.

“Hi ladies,” he said, all smiles.

“Hi” we both chorused.

“I do see you girls around, are you twins, and you too look alike?” he asked.

“No, we are friends, but people do take us for twins and I wish we were” Tinuke answered, smiling with the guy.

“My name is Olamilekan, he said, shaking our hands one after the other.

“I’m Tinuke and she’s Anike.”

“Nice meeting you guys,” he said.

“Same here” we chorused.

“I just like you girls, you are beautiful, smart and you dress decently and I also like your names, Anike and Tinuke, you could really pass for twins.”

“Thanks for the compliments Lekan,” Tinuke said with a smile.

“I’m sorry Tinuke, I prefer you call my name in full.”

“Oh! Olamilekan noted” she said playfully.

“Thanks,” he said with a smile. Anyway, I’m a 400L Electrical engineering student.

“100L microbiology,” Tinuke said.

“And you?” he asked me.

“The same department” I replied.

“That’s cool, see you guys some other time, enjoy the rest of the day.”

“You too” we chorused.

★★★★

I ran into the same guy the following week in front of a complex in the school area.

“See who I ran into, Anike right?” he said.

“Yea, I’m good, you still remember my name?

“Of course I do, how on earth I will forget your name and that of Tinuke,” he said jokingly.

“You remember my friend’s name too! That’s cool?”

“Do you remember my name?” he asked.

“No, I don’t” I replied.

“Oh, that’s so unfair.”

“Yea, so so unfair, Olamilekan,” I said.

“So you actually remember my name,” he said smiling.

“Yes, I was just pulling your legs.”

“Good, so where is your twin sister?”

“She’s inside the complex making photocopies, I’m waiting here for her.”

Tinuke later walked up to us while we were still talking.

“Look who we have here, but I’m sorry what the name is again? She asked.

“Olamilekan” he answered and gave her a handshake.

“I’m sorry, I’m not good with names, but I won’t forget this time.”

“It’s OK, I’m happy to see you guys again. Do you mind if I pay you guys a visit?”

“No, we don’t mind, Anike can he……

“You already said yes now,” I said rolling my eyes.

“Anike, I just want to be a friend,” Olamilekan said sensing my body language.

“it’s room 203, providence hostel, we stay in the same room,” Tinuke said.

“I’ll check on you girls before the week runs out.”

“We’ll be expecting you” Tinuke replied him and he left.

“Anike what’s with that attitude, it’s like you don’t want that guy to visit us” she queried on our way to the hostel.

“My attitude!” I exclaimed and shook my head.

“Why are you shaking your head?”

“I’m shaking my head for you, you know your boyfriend is the jealous type, this one that you are inviting a guy over, me I’m not there o.”

“Mumu girl, who told you he likes me.”

“Really, so you could easily detect he doesn’t like you!”

“Yea, I can read him like a book and we’ll soon find out.”

“We’ll soon find out what? I pity you in advance, and you know the kind of boyfriend you have.”

She eyed me, unlocked the door and we both entered the room.

★★★★

We both laid on our beds busy with our phones, we heard a knock on the door. I left my bed and went to get the door.

“Anike….Hi,” he said with a smile.

“Hi, please hold on” I closed the door and went back to the room. Tinuke, can a guy come in, Olamilekan is at the door” I informed.

“Sure,” she said and adjusted her top.”

“You can come in,” I said.

We all exchanged greetings, Tinuke offered him a drink but he declined. We chatted for some time, and we all exchanged phone numbers before he left.

He also promised to stop by again.

“Tinuke, did you hear him say next time, which means he’ll be visiting again. See don’t call me if you and your boyfriend start o” I pounced on her immediately the guy left.

“Relax, he just wants to be our friend and what is so bad in that, we even need someone like him around since we are freshers. And don’t worry about my boyfriend.”

I went to the school library to borrow some textbooks, on my way out I bumped into Olamilekan.

“Anike, hi”

“Hi”

“Let me help you with that, “he said trying to collect the textbooks from me.”

“Don’t worry, thanks.”

“I insist, I’m just leaving too, so bring the books, I’ll see you off to your hostel since it's visiting hours already.”

“Ok, if you insist.” We got to the hostel, I tapped the door.

“It’s me Tinuke, can a guy come in,” I asked.

“A guy! Please hold on let me change.”

She opened the door surprised to see Olamilekan.

“Hello good evening” he greeted.

“Good evening, sorry for keeping you waiting, you can come in.”

“No problem, it’s lady's room, so I get it. I ran into Anike at the library, so I decided to walk her to the hostel.”

“That’s nice of you.”

“What can we offer you,” Anike asked.

“Water will do” he replied.

“Just water?” Tinuke questioned.

“Yes,” he nodded.

Tinuke left the room and returned with chilled bottled water.

We all chatted for a while and he made to leave.

“I’ve been here twice, when will you ladies come to visit me? Although I stay off-campus” he said.

“You just give us your address and we’ll come” Tinuke replied him.

“Sure I will and I’ll be glad if you make out time to visit.”

“Can we come this weekend?...................................................................

THE ROMANCE STORY JUST STARTED IN EPISODE 3

READ THE REMAINING EPISODES @ https://www.funmbat.com.ng/2020/10/unimaginable-love-written-by-dada.html

ROMANCE STORY FOR ROMANS

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Romance Story : Unimaginable Love (parental Guidiance) by Psoul(m): 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lovely

(1) (Reply)

Because Of Love / I Need A Mature Woman To Marry / URGENT: Please Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.