Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom (5948 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Idris Mohammed, Information Minister (Photos) / Aminu Mohammed Regains Freedom(photos) / Gunmen Kindap Idris Mohammed, Niger State Commissioner For Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by oshozondii: 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6692873/gunmen-kindap-idris-mohammed-niger#104588211
Niger commissioner for information, Alhaji Muhammed Sani Idris, has been released by his abductors.

Gunmen had broken into his residence at Babban-Tunga, a community off Abuja/Kaduna highway, on Monday morning.

They were said to have attacked his wife and baby before whisking him away.

Family sources told Daily Trust on Thursday night that the commissioner was released a few hours ago.

One of the sources said the family sold some valuables to raise the ransom demanded by the bandits.

However, the source said he is not sure of how much was paid to secure his release, adding that the government did not contribute a dime.

Daily Trust gathered that the Niger state government had insisted on not paying ransom for the commissioner’s release.

Although marathon meetings were held over the commissioner’s abduction on Monday, Governor Sani Bello was said to have ruled out ransom option.

A government source said the governor said his conscience would not allow him pay ransom for the cabinet member when pupils abducted from an Islamic school in Tegina have spent over two months in captivity.

In a video, which was released shortly after Idris regained freedom, the commissioner was seen addressing some persons.

He said his abductors told him that they got information that the governor was releasing money to him every week.

“Allah has promised to test us… Those guys who kidnapped me, I have forgiven them. I don’t want anybody to curse them or say anything bad against them.”

“They were crying when I left them. They said they regret kidnapping me. That they were contracted to kidnap me. They (kidnappers) were from Zamfara and the person who contracted them told them that the Governor gives me over 200 million naira monthly.

“They said the person told them that if I gave them less than N200 million, they shouldn’t release me.”
https://dailytrust.com/breaking-abducted-niger-commissioner-regains-freedom

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by checkmatez: 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
Hope he also sold lands to pay his ransom
Niger state Government should put him on compulsory leave because he dey vex go work on Monday to recover his ransom

6 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by Baawaa(m): 10:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
After he paid the money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by NobleSeed(m): 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2021
ThankGod for him life..
Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by chatinent: 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kidnappers are inhumane!

How can you leave the people who put you in mess and be attacking the people your status!

2 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by Totilopussylick(m): 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2021
Normal family business.

5 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by ojun50(m): 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2021
Best business in Nigeria.....

3 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by WonderManly(m): 10:43pm On Aug 12, 2021
Mtcheewww, awon business men fulfilling their deals.

2 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by Praxis758: 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
Won't be surprised if he organise a press conference to deny his kidnapping in the name of being loyal to his party and the governor.

6 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by slivertongue: 12:24am On Aug 13, 2021
how much did he pay?

3 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by inoki247: 12:46am On Aug 13, 2021
Welcome back home please come and give us the full gist abt ur experience with this business men...

4 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by ObalaEmma: 4:58am On Aug 13, 2021
Our way of thinking here naa wao
Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by Maxymilliano(m): 5:03am On Aug 13, 2021
Deal done... And those innocent poor Islamic students are still languishing at the mercy of those men!

4 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by princepee: 5:12am On Aug 13, 2021
Bandits please kidnap more of the politicians.
And leave the school children alone

3 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by EKONGKING: 5:17am On Aug 13, 2021
how much had he paid

3 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by labisibrass(m): 5:24am On Aug 13, 2021
They were crying when I left them. They said they regret kidnapping me. That they were contracted to kidnap me. They (kidnappers) were from Zamfara and the person who contracted them told them that the Governor gives me over 200 million naira monthly.

“They said the person told them that if I gave them less than N200 million, they shouldn’t release me.”

What nonsense did I just read. We glad you're freed but you need to sincerely tell us how much was paid

2 Likes

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by patriotic007: 6:01am On Aug 13, 2021
After paying ransom
Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by Elsueno: 6:13am On Aug 13, 2021
“They were crying when I left them. They said they regret kidnapping me. That they were contracted to kidnap me. They (kidnappers) were from Zamfara/business people and someone from ur work environment contracted them to kidnap u they will say they get just a small % of the ransom money, d rest goes to d "invisible" contractor"

OK, u see dat statement above, that's how these kidnapers always behave & say when they hit a jackpot like a politician, high ranking civil servant or wealthy business man... The commissioner Na dullard as swear, and he is saying he don forgive them! ehn? WTF!!
Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by Zetty177x: 6:23am On Aug 13, 2021
It's not about u forgiving them. If they are caught eventually, they should face d law

1 Like

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by ceaser: 6:28am On Aug 13, 2021
Idris, how markit?

I hope you had a swell time with your brothers dem. Make una deliver their regards to Buhari their patron and general daddy o.

By the way, you fit whisper am to me how much you pay for ransom? You can trust me, I will not shout.

“Allah has promised to test us… Those guys who kidnapped me, I have forgiven them. I don’t want anybody to curse them or say anything bad against them.”

“They were crying when I left them. They said they regret kidnapping me. That they were contracted to kidnap me. They (kidnappers) were from Zamfara and the person who contracted them told them that the Governor gives me over 200 million naira monthly.

Obviously this guy has not learnt his lesson. Forgiving who? This shows the sympathy most of these Northerners have towards their oppressors. So do you feel the parents of the students still in captivity or even the students themselves should also think of forgiving the abductors if and whenever they are set free?

Commissioner for information wey no fit speak informative sense. Ńa so so informative nonsense dem they speak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by LORDLARGE(m): 6:32am On Aug 13, 2021
They were crying cool is it because you kept them company or because you guys are accomplices undecided

1 Like

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by 175(m): 6:39am On Aug 13, 2021
Zetty177x:
It's not about u forgiving them. If they are caught eventually, they should face d law

Northerners? Dem go say na dia children. . .no longer criminals

1 Like

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:41am On Aug 13, 2021
Oh the man is back from inspecting their pet project

1 Like

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by Darreytinho10(m): 6:55am On Aug 13, 2021
He paid ransom grin
Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:56am On Aug 13, 2021
oshozondii:

“They were crying when I left them.

Who else read this place cheesy cheesy grin

These people are in love with their abductors!

Just don't tell them to go their way! Leeches

1 Like

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by lebete3000: 7:00am On Aug 13, 2021
oshozondii:

They (kidnappers) were from Zamfara and the person who contracted them told them that the Governor gives me over 200 million naira monthly.

Now we know how much you paid...

1 Like

Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:11am On Aug 13, 2021
They shouldn't have released him
Re: Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom by Harrynight(m): 8:39am On Aug 13, 2021
slivertongue:
how much did he pay?

You didn't read the article that's why

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Total Debt Could Reach N50 Trillion / Nigerians Spend N60bn On Bullet-Proof Vehicles In Five Years / Enroute Ebonyi From Enugu (lets See If They Are Backward As Purported)- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.