Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator (32730 Views)

Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? / Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation / Landlord Wanted To Sleep With My Daughter And Me – Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by showboy25(m): 9:38am On Sep 20, 2021
All I know is that= a single room contain 20 boys as far as you love each other.
smiley
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Bunny19: 9:40am On Sep 20, 2021
generalwo:
..... Like ya popsy..... Ewu
E pain am grin grin
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by MissionaryArchi(m): 9:43am On Sep 20, 2021
Please confront the generator owner, you have the right to peaceful environment void of noise pollution.
Had a new neighbor who packed in and brought in a very noisy generator, he packed in and saw no generator anywhere in the compound and he thought to himself none of this tenants could afford a generator.. Lols
We were seated outside the compound one night discussing with some guys in the compound when he came back from work and immediately came down and started the gen, mehnnnn the sound was bomb�����... We had to turn off the fuel tap, it went off and the guy came down to start it again and this time we switched off the ignition and unplugged the wire, he came down and starter fuming threatening to beat up the person that offed the engine, before he could say jack, the whole neighbors came out and backlashed him, then it downed on him that every one of us could afford a good generator but have agreed to option for inverters cus of noise. The guy apologized and the next day he disposed the generator.
Incase you don't know, noise pollution is a crime in this country but ignorance and suffer head wouldn't let us know not until you make a report and go to court.
As long as that noise is manmade and not a natural disaster then it is a big crime

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by snoopz: 9:57am On Sep 20, 2021
try reason am to change the position of the gen
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Drizzy5001(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2021
jaeyking:

Talk to him about the situation or even the landlord

Las las buy salt 100 naira empty am inside him tank if he no hear u.
U will sleep like a baby for weeks
grin grin grin grin
the generator Engine go knock grin Nigerians ụna too wicked...
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by wman(m): 10:30am On Sep 20, 2021
juwoonn:
Try and be considerate too sha...
Reminds me of where I was living before relocating... I’m a freelancer with fiverr and I have deadlines for client deliveries. I rarely sleep and my gen was constantly on sometimes due to power failure and other times due to faulty prepaid meter. That’s what put food on my table.
You really don’t know if his meter is faulty. If he turns on the gen every time as you said (day and night) then he’s obviously working from home... and it’s cheaper to put money on prepaid than to buy fuel 24/7

Freelancers can use laptops with hours of batteries and use those laptop power banks like the ones below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nkadoj/topics

No need to run gen for long.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by tonquendo4u(m): 10:43am On Sep 20, 2021
Just put salt in his fuel tank. It's simple
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Makschinchin: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2021
Fairly Used Semi-Silent Zero Gravity Firman Generator. ECO 8990ES for sale

6700 Starting Watts
6100 Running Watts

SOLD

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by nurez305(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

U are truly a big fool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hahahhaah grin grin

The oldest goat madam
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by orumba(m): 11:55am On Sep 20, 2021
Look for better time and retaliate.
When his sick or have a visitors or he needs a quiet time , boom your gen is ON don't forget to put pot or any iron on the gen
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by gracecheller: 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
Snitch24:
If you're still awake
Go take a cold shower
Trust me u will sleep in no time
it doesn't work

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by EQRELOADED1: 12:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
Guy go fight make dem dey give everybody 24/7 uninterrupted power supply for Naija. Instead make you face people wey no wan make Naija better you dey here dey look for who go give you advice make you fight your fellow citizen like you wey just dey manage im life. No be your people dem shoot for Lag when dem dey do endsars? Wetin you don do about am? Get sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RaJL8m4FEY

erubati:
Hello nairalanders, Please as I am typing this short piece, am seriously boiling with rage as am unable to sleep. There is a building beside my house where one of the occupants is always putting on his gen at any slightest opportunity of NEPA outage.

The most annoying aspect is that he uses the generator deep into the night and the noise usually affects my sleep. Presently, there is light in the area but I guess they did not recharge their prepaid meter so he switched on his generator since around 7pm and he is yet to switch it off as am typing.

Is a tenant given the right to switch in his gen overnight while denying others the right to good night rest. I am thinking of reporting him to the appropriate Lagos State authority but don't know which one can take it up seriously.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Elxandre(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

You are a big fool. I never expected this from you.

Before you speak did you take every scenario into consideration? What if he works remotely for a foreign firm & night time is his resumption time? I ask this because I do same & most of my neighbours think I'm into Yahoo.

So you want to damage his gen and make him keep buying new generators knowing how hard things are nowadays.

If he loses his job & can't feed will you support him?

You are a bastard & an evil person. You can report me but you will forever remain a bastard for this comment!

...............................................................................................
@ erubati, do not heed this. Reach out to the guy & reason with him. No matter how huge or old he is, he is human. Tell him your own concern & listen first... nobody in this country burns fuel for nothing.
If you work from home at night, get a PC with long lasting battery life and a rechargeable fan. At least my PC does around 10 hours. Or get a laptop powerbank.
You people don't even know excessive noise could cause high blood pressure.
No one cares for their neighbors comfort and this is why this country is messed up. Selfish people everywhere.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Elxandre(m): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
BeaBuJhay:
Tomorrow morning when we read stories like
“Yahoo-Man caught with salt and sand while trying to steal neighbor’s Gen”
All those people advising you to put salt/pepper/maggi and ororo inside the gen would also be the first to comment...
“Roast his balls”
“Fry his testis” etc
#RespectNaija
#Fear’some’nlanders
You be fool grin grin grin
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Truvelisback(m): 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2021
Sleep never catch u, if better sleep catch u, u no go even reason am say person on gen. Anyway, u just av to endure it and hope of relocating to a better place. That's Naija 4 u.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by KillIgbohoN0W: 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2021
[s]
Elxandre:

If you work from home at night, get a PC with long lasting battery life and a rechargeable fan. At least my PC does around 10 hours. Or get a laptop powerbank.
You people don't even know excessive noise could cause high blood pressure.
No one cares for their neighbors comfort and this is why this country is messed up. Selfish people everywhere.
[/s]

The internet router nko? Mr. ITK...
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by duptie(m): 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
GOD BLESS YOU

grin
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Elxandre(m): 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

The internet router nko? Mr. ITK...
You obviously aren't smart enough to work online anywhere.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by KillIgbohoN0W: 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2021
[s]
Elxandre:

You obviously aren't smart enough to work online anywhere.
[/s]

Why not answer that simple question, Mr. Smart?

Did it expose your abject stupidity?
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Elxandre(m): 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

Why not answer that simple question, Mr. Smart?

Did it expose your abject stupidity?
A powerbank charges your mifi/router battery.
Being a troll wouldn't feed you man.
I'm just bored that's why I'm responding to a username like yours.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by KillIgbohoN0W: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2021
[s]
Elxandre:

A powerbank charges your mifi/router battery.
Being a troll wouldn't feed you man.
I'm just bored that's why I'm responding to a username like yours.
[/s]

So a powerbank will charge this router?

You are a bloody unintelligent fool!

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Elxandre(m): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

So a powerbank will charge this router?

You are a bloody unintelligent fool!
Yes there are setups that could power even your TV kid.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by KillIgbohoN0W: 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
[s]
Elxandre:

Yes there are setups that could power even your TV kid.
[/s]

Stop dodging the question
Can a powerbank charge that router?? Simple Yes or No

Dunderhead wan disguise grin
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by litaninja(m): 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2021
Get familiar with your rights g the laws that dictate that you are entitled to a sane & sound environment.
Google LASEPA

AdemolaA2:

Truth be told , there isn’t anything you can do since he turns it on in his space . Unfortunately, no law dictates what type of sound should emanate from a running gen and when and when not to turn on a gen in Lagos . Some people like myself can’t stand Lagos heat so I always turn on my gen all through the night as well . Best bet is for you to change apartment or buy yours as well, shut your windows and turn on yours so you can equally enjoy fan and your electrical gadgets in your desired space .
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by walexsho(m): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2021
juwoonn:
Try and be considerate too sha...
Reminds me of where I was living before relocating... I’m a freelancer with fiverr and I have deadlines for client deliveries. I rarely sleep and my gen was constantly on sometimes due to power failure and other times due to faulty prepaid meter. That’s what put food on my table.
You really don’t know if his meter is faulty. If he turns on the gen every time as you said (day and night) then he’s obviously working from home... and it’s cheaper to put money on prepaid than to buy fuel 24/7

How you take dey get clients on fiverr abeg help... there was a time I used VPN, but it drains data like sucking 5alive with hose
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by litaninja(m): 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
Your brain might be empty bruv. When you have batteries that will power an entire commercial operation, why are you asking silly questions about a router?
FYI, its powered by a battery inside it already, you'll simply be hooking it up to an external one. Go school una no gree.

KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

Stop dodging the question
Can a powerbank charge that router?? Simple Yes or No

Dunderhead wan disguise grin
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
[s]
litaninja:
Your brain might be empty bruv. When you have batteries that will power an entire commercial operation, why are you asking silly questions about a router?
FYI, its powered by a battery inside it already, you'll simply be hooking it up to an external one. Go school una no gree.

[/s]

It has a normal pin mouth port, so tell us, which 'external hooking up' you wan do?? You tink say na by to jus come cap nonsense & run??

This Nairaland is a place where highly ignorant fools boldly display their foolishness without shame.

Ordinary to tell us how your powerbank go charge this router naim dey cause sermon so. grin

This is why OP neighbour just kuku draw him gen rest! Fools!!
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Yoighaman(m): 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2021
erubati:
Hello nairalanders, Please as I am typing this short piece, am seriously boiling with rage as am unable to sleep. There is a building beside my house where one of the occupants is always putting on his gen at any slightest opportunity of NEPA outage.

The most annoying aspect is that he uses the generator deep into the night and the noise usually affects my sleep. Presently, there is light in the area but I guess they did not recharge their prepaid meter so he switched on his generator since around 7pm and he is yet to switch it off as am typing.

Is a tenant given the right to switch in his gen overnight while denying others the right to good night rest. I am thinking of reporting him to the appropriate Lagos State authority but don't know which one can take it up seriously.

Bro, I feel you 100% because I have had the same experience. It was as if the man employed a maid whose sole job responsibility was to power on and off the generator; as in, if PHCN takes light at 1.57am, under 10 seconds, he don use remote start Gen, if they bring it at 2.32am, he would switch it off within 5 secs, if they take it again at 3.24am, under 10 sec, remote don start Gen. 24/7 he puts up the Gen.

It was so frustrating and annoying I had to send an email to an agency {NESREA} in Lagos State [lagos@nesrea.gov.ng (You might also want to give it a shot)] but I chose to not follow up because I reason am say na government fail all of us, but at least, the man should he reasonable and considerate. No one says you shouldn't provide comfort to your large family of 10+, but be mindful that you also have neighbors whom your are inconveniencing.

I eventually took the situation in stride. There was nothing I could do about it. The government has failed us all, this is one of the consequences of a failed government and to think it's been going on for many decades even makes it more annoying and irritating.

I suggest you plan your exit from that house, sorry.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Psoul(m): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
erubati:

I swear na wetin dey my mind be that.
It's the next compound,na how to do it na im I dey think of right now.na small Yamaha generator but the sound dey always wake me up from sleep

The sound is disturbing you cos you put your whole mind there and you allowed it to disturb you.

If you can ignore the sound and chose to be undisturbed about it, I tell you, you'll no longer notice the sound and you'll have your sleep back.
Don't be bitter about it and you'll be at peace.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by litaninja(m): 1:11am On Sep 21, 2021
My brother, you just need to use your brain, listen & learn when people who know a bit more than you are speaking.
Attached is a pic of connectors I ordered for a project recently. They allow you link power supplies from different types & shapes of connectors.
Simply find the type for whatever battery pack and device you want to link.
Now go forth with new knowledge.

KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

It has a normal pin mouth port, so tell us, which 'external hooking up' you wan do?? You tink say na by to jus come cap nonsense & run??

This Nairaland is a place where highly ignorant fools boldly display their foolishness without shame.

Ordinary to tell us how your powerbank go charge this router naim dey cause sermon so. grin

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by litaninja(m): 1:15am On Sep 21, 2021
Just to give you another pictorial representation. That's a battery bank you can hook up the previously mentioned connectors to.

Now my boy, go to bed.

https://www.nairaland.com/1919272/powerbank-laptopsdc-devices-some-electrical#26598872

KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by KillIgbohoN0W: 6:37am On Sep 21, 2021
[s]
litaninja:
My brother, you just need to use your brain, listen & learn when people who know a bit more than you are speaking.
Attached is a pic of connectors I ordered for a project recently. They allow you link power supplies from different types & shapes of connectors.
Simply find the type for whatever battery pack and device you want to link.
Now go forth with new knowledge.

litaninja:
Just to give you another pictorial representation. That's a battery bank you can hook up the previously mentioned connectors to.

Now my boy, go to bed.

https://www.nairaland.com/1919272/powerbank-laptopsdc-devices-some-electrical#26598872

[/s]

Hahahaha grin grin cheesy
Like I said before, you are a bloody unintellient fool and you didn't disappoint.

How many hours did it take you to dig up this home made explosive device you just uploaded for something as simple as charging a router?
So this is what OP's neighbour should be assembling when he can just solve it by turning on his gen??

I only tested you with internet router power & you have failed woefully. I haven't even gotten to him needing light incase of a Zoom meeting. grin

I'm sure you'll upload a night vision, Batman solar powered UV ray laser beam for that. cheesy cheesy

If he needs a good speaker incase of presentations, you may recommend he uses those Yahoo Boy/Aboki T&G rechargeable bluetooth gbanjo speakers abi cheesy

...............................................................................................
All the foolishness you have displayed for the past 12hrs+ shows that you are either still a kid in school or you are a factory worker because there is no way you have worked for a multinational corporation with this abject dumbness.

Again you are a bloody unintellient fool!
Good day!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chinonso Uba's Ezeacho Hotel, House, Shops Burnt In Imo, 2 Feared Killed / House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About / Prices Of Doors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.