Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? (6609 Views)

How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? / Student Life In Lithuania or slovakia / Any information about student visa to Ghana will be welcome (2) (3) (4)

Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by homeboy232(m): 10:10am On May 18, 2011
I Am planing to study in ukraine, i want the house to tell me more abt ukraine, student life etc,
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by Vicjustice: 10:48am On May 18, 2011
homeboy232:

I Am planing to study in ukraine, i want the house to tell me more abt ukraine, student life etc,
Ukraine? Well, take these measures into account:
*Be prepared to always watch your back whenever a person walks behind you as the Skin-Head racists there are extremely physical and can attack you with deadly force.
* Always make sure you don't walk alone at night or in an empty street during day time.
* Always make sure you're fit and athletic enough to enable you run fast for your life whenever you're being chased in the streets by their Skin-Head racists.
* Prepare yourself to always elude banana missiles that would be thrown anonymously at you in the streets through upstair windows.
* Be prepared to get familiar with the "Hail Hitler" salute, and also with the name "Makaka" (Russian word for Monkey) without protest as protesting them may cost you blood.
* You'd learn to be appreciative whenever someone says to your face "Go home Nigger" or calls you "Makaka" because, the same person could have shot or stabbed you and ran away.
* Be prepared to be mockingly offered bananas occasionally, and know that you won't have any police to report the abuses to as there is no law in place against racism in Ukraine.
* Ensure that you have enough funding from Nigeria to maintain yourself as you would never find a job how much more to talk about its poor wages ranging from 754 to 900 Ukrainian Hryvnia (about 70 to 85 Euros) a month.
* Be prepared to sometimes sleep in extremely cold room during their biting winter as you might find it difficult to pay for the Soviet style central heater.
* Be prepared to study in an ancient Greek style alphabets
* Bear in mind that your education certificate will not be recognised in EU countries as you will definitely have to upgrade.
* Bear in mind that you would have to return to Nigeria as soon as you finished your education because, you would not like to become a wayward person like many stranded and frustrated Nigerians before you.
* The only good thing i reckon about them is, they have some of the most beautiful women in the world: tall, slim, blonde, blue-eyed sexy girls who crave for black guys So, perhaps this is enough for you to undermind other negative things about the country
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by cyphanet: 1:33pm On May 18, 2011
Brov. You spoil Ukraine like this. Na wa ooo, Anyways sha, maybe have been lucky since i got here sha My 9month actually and have not experience any of those assaults. More like am enjoying the language craving to really learn it so well. Mind you, am not the homely one oo, i go out i mean regularly and have not for once be assaulted or harassed instead you have been getting response as most of the girls wants to learn english and as a naija boy, i dont need to finish that, lol grin i stay in the European Standard dome and i pay 250usd a month. Believe me its more than comfortable.its not too far to my school just a walking distance. I actually came for my masters program but the only thing is i found it extremely difficult in my first month to cope. its a strange land so you dont expect to just come and be use to the environment. As for work, i wont deceive you, my brov NO WORK HERE. I manage the little i get from Uncles and home. But the standard of living is so cheap though. And they have the cheapest internet in the world go and check anywhere. I pay as low as 1200naira for 24hrs broadband every month.
But dont fall into the hands of rippers oooo, They have so many rippers in this country man. They will siphon you. But think before you make this place a choice sha,

Be good .
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by homeboy232(m): 2:21pm On May 18, 2011
Thanks all, my school is located in ternopil, i wil like to know if laptop and phones ar cheap in ukraine, because am thinking of taking it along with me, my agent told me there is know job in ukraine, but i can use my brain and naija tactics to make things happen there, more info plz, more info plz,
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by Vicjustice: 12:35am On May 19, 2011
cyphanet:

Brov. You spoil Ukraine like this. Na wa ooo, Anyways sha, maybe have been lucky since i got here sha My 9month actually and have not experience any of those assaults. More like am enjoying the language craving to really learn it so well. Mind you, am not the homely one oo, i go out i mean regularly and have not for once be assaulted or harassed instead you have been getting response as most of the girls wants to learn english and as a naija boy, i dont need to finish that, lol grin i stay in the European Standard dome and i pay 250usd a month. Believe me its more than comfortable.its not too far to my school just a walking distance. I actually came for my masters program but the only thing is i found it extremely difficult in my first month to cope. its a strange land so you dont expect to just come and be use to the environment. As for work, i wont deceive you, my brov NO WORK HERE. I manage the little i get from Uncles and home. But the standard of living is so cheap though. And they have the cheapest internet in the world go and check anywhere. I pay as low as 1200naira for 24hrs broadband every month.
But dont fall into the hands of rippers oooo, They have so many rippers in this country man. They will siphon you. But think before you make this place a choice sha,

Be good .
You're such a civil guy. Well, i'll advice you to be vigilant because, the fact that you have been lucky enough to avoid racial harassment these 9 months that you've been in Ukraine does not mean that the country is a safe place for blacks people; ask those who were there before you and learn lessons from their experiences otherwise, you might learn your own bitter lesson from your own experience.
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by bbwollex(m): 8:49pm On May 19, 2011
all what you guys are saying are alright, but you as a person,since you have known that it is dangerous to work alone at night , i think you should caution urself.
i also study here in Ukraine so i try to caution my self especially at night, also when you are coming try to buy some wears,jeans and winter jacket, the cold here is very bad and also bring some 9ja food along because no good african food especially soup, lol
Then be ready to learn russian or ukrainian language, lol
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by homeboy232(m): 10:41pm On May 19, 2011
Thanks @cyphanet, vicjustice, bbwollex, notin do una, that means, i have to prepare for the worst before going to ukraine, @bbwollex, y do u want me to buy jeans and winter jacket here? Is it dat expensive in ukraine or what??
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by bbwollex(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2011
their jeans here are expensive but you can buy the jacket here,
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by noblegas2(m): 8:11pm On May 20, 2011
homeboy232:

re u kidding me? its Pathetic!!!!
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by oljacobs: 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2011
Hi all!

Can anyone advice on the proceedure for getting a student visa in the Ukraine Embassy in Abuja? My younger ones have been making attempts to submit thier visa application for over a week and after long queues each day, they are turned back only to come back again as early as 5 am the next day. Thier story has been that the embassy is not giving any information and not collecting new applications and they have to check each day whether they will start collecting.

I would like to hear from anyone who understands the process as it is gettting unusually long and I have a feeling they may be doing something wrong.

Tx
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by felixfrz(m): 10:47am On Jan 21, 2012
am felix, i jst finish my secondary schl, and i want 2 study in ukraine. How do i go about it plz
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by bbwollex(m): 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
Apply for admission with ur O'level and international passport then after that you can start ur visa processing.
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by uniqueicevik2000(m): 4:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
bbwolex can u give me ur number
Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by dinlin: 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2016
Why a person will want to study in Ukraine is beyond my comprehension. First, it's politically unstable and torn between the pro-russian east vs pro-EU west. It's been a violent region in the past few years. Moreso the degrees are worthless outside its borders. The mention of Ukraine itself is a tragedy on your CV in the west at least. It remains a non-member of the European union and the economy is poor. You will be stared at like a hungry baby boy stares at his mother's breast. Occasional insults from local cos of your color. You can be attacked at night if not cautious. Many Ukrainians will ditch the comfort of their homes to get a chance work as cheap labourers in any European union members state..you can but cheap food and pay cheap tuition. You will meet a lot of Nigerians there studying or wasting away their future. You are unlikely to find a job. If it's just a paper saying that you completed university, then Ukraine is your best bet. better to learn Ukrainian or Russian.

Re: Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? by Theblink123: 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2022
dinlin:
Why a person will want to study in Ukraine is beyond my comprehension. First, it's politically unstable and torn between the pro-russian east vs pro-EU west. It's been a violent region in the past few years. Moreso the degrees are worthless outside its borders. The mention of Ukraine itself is a tragedy on your CV in the west at least. It remains a non-member of the European union and the economy is poor. You will be stared at like a hungry baby boy stares at his mother's breast. Occasional insults from local cos of your color. You can be attacked at night if not cautious. Many Ukrainians will ditch the comfort of their homes to get a chance work as cheap labourers in any European union members state..you can but cheap food and pay cheap tuition. You will meet a lot of Nigerians there studying or wasting away their future. You are unlikely to find a job. If it's just a paper saying that you completed university, then Ukraine is your best bet. better to learn Ukrainian or Russian.

It's as if this person had been to the future, most especially concerning tensions between pro-russian and pro-west blocks, Accurate analysis

2015 Top 10 Longest Bridges In Africa With Pictures / How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? / USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School?