Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 (119005 Views)

Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction / January Salaries Of Federal Civil Servants To Be ‘delayed Beyond Normal’ – Memo / Nigerian Banks Salary Structure 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nonpartisan1:

Oga they are broke to my standard...Always begging subtly in the banking hall, Even the full staff that manage my account...

I lend them money on monthly basis! Stop acting as if bankers were rich people...They are broke ass, living on loan and upfront allowances...

i never said bankers are broke. Bankers are comfortable. at least i know a lot of them. I am one myself.
If it is by your standard, perhaps you are Dangote. You are right. Even Business men take loans. I still do not get the point you are driving at.

If your company offers you a loan which you can utilize in other income generating areas without it affecting you, i see no reason why you shouldn't take it. If you get allowances from you work, is it a bad thing?

Finally, i need to state that if you are a reckless spender and not financially prudent, if you earn a billion naira as salary, it will never be enough for you as sooner or later you will be in penury.
Bankers are comfortable.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by nedzuby: 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmondefosa:

Thank you. been long i wrote the exam and i could not readily recall the name. My colleagues called it the lie detector cheesy
There are no right or wrong answers to it. Just to know your strengths and weaknesses.

Exactly. No wrong or right answer.

Wished really most organizations would adopt this test so that you know how to help their staff

5 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by nedzuby: 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmondefosa:

i never said bankers are broke. Bankers are comfortable. at least i know a lot of them. I am one myself.
If it is by your standard, perhaps you are Dangote. You are right. Even Business men take loans. I still do not get the point you are driving at.

If your company offers you a loan which you can utilize in other income generating areas without it affecting you, i see no reason why you shouldn't take it. If you get allowances from you work, is it a bad thing?

Finally, i need to state that if you are a reckless spender and not financially prudent, if you earn a billion naira as salary, it will never be enough for you as sooner or later you will be in penury.
Bankers are comfortable.

Many Banker are financially reckless. I know one then that collect loans from different money lenders and even from colleagues to sustain his life style. It was after I borrowed him money that I began to hear all his escapades.

Imagine collecting loan just to travel abroad for holidays

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by pocohantas(f): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
Rilwayne001:
I have OND in banking and finance (Upper credit)

A recent graduate of Finance from a reputable university in Nigeria (finished with a 2;1), however awaiting NYSC.

Does this two certificates counts in Stanbic and how can one apply without going through outsourcing firm?

Banks are only concerned with your age and class of degree. If you bring a poly degree, contract staff. Uni degree, full staff. Mostly 2.1 and above (some do 2.2), maximum of 26yrs. Go through their recruitment processes successfully and they’ll most likely employ you. Most banks do not outsource recruitment of their core staff. They spend money to train you, feed you and even pay you stipends during the training. Why should they outsource that?

Go to their career page and apply when you are done with your NYSC. The process is same across banks.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by oludele05(m): 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
Don't let anyone deceive you that Stanbic IBTC bank pay #350k for entry level, that's a big lies..

Stanbic entry level is #180k to #195k net pay[maximum] but your gross pay might be #290k..

Contract staff does not have any bonuses in every March but their Outsourcing agent do motivated them in their little ways..

As a real staff, you can get appraisal bonuses, starting from #10k to #200k in every March, even if you are promoted...

The only real staff that get above #400k bonuses are from managerial level e.g starting from BM and above.

This is real info as an ex-staff.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by buzorcharles(m): 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
UBA pay contract staff 45k.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by ennyj01(m): 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
oludele05:
Don't let anyone deceive you that Stanbic IBTC bank pay #350k for entry level, that's a big lies..

Stanbic entry level is #180k to #195k net pay[maximum] but your gross pay might be #290k..

Contract staff does not have any bonuses in every March but their Outsourcing agent do motivated them in their little ways..

As a real staff, you can get appraisal bonuses, starting from #10k to #200k in every March, even if you are promoted...

The only real staff that get above #400k bonuses are from managerial level e.g starting from BM and above.

Lol, you just settled down to type rubbish
When did the ex staff leave the bank?

Do you know what they call salary review? If you don't know anything, ask people that know things.

You just seat behind your keypad and type things without verifying

Anyways, stanbic did a salary review upward around 2018/2019. Can remember the exact year.

Before you call someone a liar, be damn sure you know what you are talking about and not what a 3rd party told you.

Have a nice day MR

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by buzorcharles(m): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
NairaEffect:
Dear NairaLanders,

Bankers in the house, can you share your thoughts on what banks are currently paying as salaries particularly for entry level in 2021.

Your contributions will be of help to many.

Thank you.

UBA pay their contract workers 45k monthly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
oludele05:

lol. I really wish i could share some documents here to counter you. But alas i cannot.
I would love to ask when you left the bank.
Were you FT or NFTe?
I know a couple of NFTe who got 400k. i saw this with my eyes.
I have secondary school classmates who are my colleagues now who joined as GT.

Boss dead this your agenda.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
You're too much bro.
richmondefosa:

Apparently, I was banned for posting links to Stanbic Lansing page showing their vacancies. I am glad to be back.

I can’t say what is obtainable in Stanbic is obtainable in other banks.
Both head office and branches have their advantages and disadvantages.

I have worked at various back office locations and I currently work in a branch. Let me outline the advantages (these are my personal opinion)

Advantages of Back Office Location (Head office inclusive)

1. You get free Tea/coffee grin this means a lot because it solves breakfast issues. Just get your bread. There’s a dispenser in every work station.
2. Free staff bus with AC. This solves transportation challenges. My house is about 5 minutes walk to my bus stop. All I need to do is get to my bus stop and there’s a bus to take me to and from work. The buses cover almost all locations in Lagos. From okokomaiko, ikorodu, iyana ipaja, ikotun, Berger, and even Mowe in ogun state. Just get to your bus stop. This saves some part of your salary too.
3. There’s a food canteen and a dining area with nice cheap and affordable food. They come with an array of diverse food where you pick from. This is better than branches where you have to send the cleaners to get you food that may be expensive. The caterers are carefully selected and changed every week so you don’t get too accustomed to their food. They provide breakfast and lunch.

3. There is a Christian fellowship with complete music instruments �. There’s also a moslem prayer ground. It’s like a family literally.

4. There’s a games room. Table hockey, tennis, PlayStation etc. so when your head gets too full at work, take a break and play some games.

5. We contribute for community service (this isn’t mandatory). The funds is used to initiate a corporate social responsibility. With the funds, we’ve been able to renovate completely a primary health center, built a computer lab for secondary schools. You really have a sense of purpose.

6. Networking. There’s a lot of people in back office. Some have side hustles too. Make friends. Make valuable contacts.

7. We have periodic Olympics. (Not Olympic in the real sense) but it’s a games week. There are winners and they’re plenty of gifts. Scrabble, ludo, whot, ayo, tennis, draft, just name it.

8. You’re closer to the decision makers. You literally take the same elevators with them. An opportunity to say a few hi’s.
You’re suitably positioned to play office politics to your advantage.

9. You can take excuse if there’s a personal emergency (like resolving your account issues with another bank ) and run out then come back when it’s sorted. There’s always someone who can handle your job in your absence pending your return. ( Do not abuse this at all!!! )

I can’t even recall all sef. But these are not obtainable at the branch level.

Disadvantages

1. You close late. This one Na normal matter.
You literally close the same time everyone else in Lagos is closing and you get stuck in mad traffic. Your consolation is that your staff bus is air conditioned. grin
Sometimes I got home as late as past 11pm. This isn’t always the case sha.

Advantages of working at a branch level

1. You close on time. Once the books are balanced and vaults closed. You can go home. If you are lucky, you go home few minutes to 5pm.

2. It’s a close knit community. This is for people who don’t like the crowd.

3. You only work weekends if you’re on ATM duties (you get paid for this though).

Disadvantages of working at branch level

1. You can’t take excuse and dash out if there’s an emergency. Who wan do your work for you? cry

These are my personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Rilwayne001: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
pocohantas:

Banks are only concerned with your age and class of degree. If you bring a poly degree, contract staff. Uni degree, full staff. Mostly 2.1 and above (some do 2.2), maximum of 26yrs. Go through their recruitment processes successfully and they’ll most likely employ you. Most banks do not outsource recruitment of their core staff. They spend money to train you, feed you and even pay you stipends during the training. Why should they outsource that?

Go to their career page and apply when you are done with your NYSC. The process is same across banks.
Thank you.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
ennyj01:

Lol, you just settled down to type rubbish
When did the ex staff leave the bank?

Do you know what they call salary review? If you don't know anything, ask people that know things.

You just seat behind your keypad and type things without verifying

Anyways, stanbic did a salary review upward around 2018/2019. Can remember the exact year.

Before you call someone a liar, be damn sure you know what you are talking about and not what a 3rd party told you.

Have a nice day MR

Leave him alone.

I am currently a staff of the company. I am divulging genuine information and the kind of work environment that is obtainable here. He is sitting behind his keyboard to call me a liar. lol. Wonders.

Stanbic is a great and amazing place to work. If you are a young graduate, you should aspire to join us.
The work environment is top notch.
great pay too.

If you think i am a liar, join the organization and find out. Its that simple

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
thanks boss

realokopi:
You're too much bro.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by OJEEMAH(m): 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmondefosa:

Financial institutions will always look for ways to cut cost to increase general profit.
It is a business venture. There are stakeholders and you don’t expect them to declare losses.

It is still the best financial model though. Outsourcing I mean. Just improve their remuneration.

Plus, it’s the second way to join the organization. Most people find it hard to scale through the entry level exams. It’s always a battle you know. But outsourcing and joint as a contract is what I call coming in through the back door. You get to learn the job. Get experience and hopefully convert. When you convert, you’re a step (rank) below the guys who joined as GT. With hard work, dedication and tenacity, you rise through the ranks.

Being a contract staff is not a bad thing. Would you rather stay at home and complain? There are no jobs out there.

Join with a mindset and target. Give yourself a timeline. Get experience. Most banks don’t convert sha. Just a few. Access bank doesn’t convert. If you like work 30,000 years for them.
GT bank converts. Fidelity and I think UBA too.

While in the bank, get necessary skills, do your masters save well and japa if that’s the plan.
Outsourcing is not a bad thing I insist. Just pay better.
Even if you are converted at the end of the day, your career ladder is different from those joined as Graduate/Executiuve Trainee. Though, your pay will improve and you will also be entitled to other allowances that mere contract staff are not privy to.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Rilwayne001: 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmondefosa:

Leave him alone.

I am currently a staff of the company. I am divulging genuine information and the kind of work environment that is obtainable here. He is sitting behind his keyboard to call me a liar. lol. Wonders.

Stanbic is a great and amazing place to work. If you are a young graduate, you should aspire to join us.
The work environment is top notch.
great pay too.

If you think i am a liar, join the organization and find out. Its that simple

i want to find out, how can i join? cheesy

do they recruit GT every year?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Penguin2: 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmondefosa:

Yes you can still apply. That’s why it’s called a Graduate Trainee. It’s not an experienced hire role. You do not need to study banking and finance to be a banker. I have a colleague who studied industrial chemistry. The other did plant abi soil science I can’t readily recall.

They don’t use background to pick. Pass the exam and finish off the interview then you’re good to go. I don’t think banks offer internships for graduate hires o. I may be wrong though.

If you scale the exams and interview, you’ll be sent to training school for a couple of months. I did 3 months in training school. Here you’ll be well grounded in the workings of the bank.

After training school, you’ll be rotated in 3/4 different department of the Bank within 3/4 months per department.

You could do 3 months in sales (you’ll be sent to a branch), do another 3 months in compliance, another in corporate communications or IT. Basically any department.

At the end of your rotation, you’ll eventually be settled in any one of the positions you performed best.

I remember during my interview, there was a covenant university graduate who did banking and finance. She didn’t make it. My point is that for a GT role, you don’t need to have a background in finance. All that’s needed is a university.

Baba, no vex.

Does a 30 year old 2.2 Graduate of philosophy without NYSC have still have the chances of getting recruited by a bank?

Or make the person move on?

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
Rilwayne001:

i want to find out, how can i join? cheesy

do they recruit GT every year?

yes they do.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
Penguin2:

Baba, no vex.

Does a 30 year old 2.2 Graduate of philosophy without NYSC have still have the chances of getting recruited by a bank?

Or make the person move on?

For a GT role, no you cannot join.
You need to have an NYSC too.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by GoodBehave: 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmondefosa:

yes they do.
This man ... How have you been! Forex sure! You just hijack this thread.

From your formal place of work

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Penguin2: 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmondefosa:

For a GT role, no you cannot join.
You need to have an NYSC too.

So the road to working in the bank is closed?

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Rilwayne001: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmondefosa:

yes they do.

the career page on their website right?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by ejimatic: 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmondefosa:

please counter this. Don't just say lies unlimited. Counter it.
. No bank officer at the point of entry in Nigeria will start from 350 000 The payment varies from one bank to another However it is 150 and it could be a bit more in some banks but not 350 .

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2021
YES
Rilwayne001:

the career page on their website right?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
GoodBehave:
This man ... How have you been! Forex sure! You just hijack this thread.

From your formal place of work

This person, you are a suspect o.
For you to mention forex and my former place of work, surely you must know me.
Who be this abeg? grin cheesy
Abeg no expose me o.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by oluplus(m): 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
richmondefosa:
Stanbic GT is from 350.
if you are a contract staff with them who just got converted and you have less than 2 years, You're given BTA 1 (Banking transaction assistant). The salary band max is 190k.

If you are a contract staff with them with 2 years or more experience and you get converted, you're given BTA 2.
the salary band max is about 280k.

these salaries are also dependent on the location you are posted to. If you are posted to back office operations, you earn more than people posted to branches.
This is asides appraisal bonus every march and profit sharing. 12 month salary and other benefits.

stanbic converts their contract staff. if you are not more that 33 if i recall correctly. they dont accept HND. if you have HND you will have to convert it to bsc.

This info is not correct sir

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by ICEWIN: 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
UcLloyd:

Banks pay entry staffs 350k, I'm doubt o.
the thing shock me oo.
i haven't seen any successful banker.
if they collect suck most of their lifestyle will change.
but my bro in first bank collect 135k,i dont know if his a contract staff or not.
he has speant 4years currently.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2021
Penguin2:

So the road to working in the bank is closed?

Not entirely. You could join as an experienced hire sometime in future. Never say never. Stay positive.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2021
oluplus:

This info is not correct sir

What part of it is not correct sir?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by sonsomegrigbo: 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
symbolofhope:
Zenith bank Graduate Assistant( as dey called their GT) is 110,500
Two years contract, subjects to renewal for another two years, then conversion to permanent staff after 4 yrs salary for (ET
I.e executive training is 161k)

G.T = Graduate Trainee

E.T = Executive Trainee
Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Basilekeh: 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
It's for Access Bank

DSuperiorBrand:

Boss, thanks for the inputs so far. Please, I need you to help me with something.

I was invited for interview and training by an outsourcing firm- Karferry Limited.

It's for a bank teller/customer service officer role. They say conversion is possible after 2 years, and that the bank in question is one of Nigeria's multinational commercial banks.

Any idea which bank it could possibly be and what their pay looks like ?

Responses will be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by Basilekeh: 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2021
ejimatic:
. No bank officer at the point of entry in Nigeria will start from 350 000 The payment varies from one bank to another However it is 150 and it could be a bit more in some banks but not 350 .

Boss Stanbic pays 350k at entry level...and they start as ABO...the guy is correct.

9 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 by richmondefosa(m): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2021
ICEWIN:

the thing shock me oo.
i haven't seen any successful banker.
if they collect suck most of their lifestyle will change.
but my bro in first bank collect 135k,i dont know if his a contract staff or not.
he has speant 4years currently.

You haven't seen a successful banker?
omo. lol.
plenty bankers are reckless. this does not in any way invalidate the fact that they earn well or at least comfortably than an average civil servant.
Most join at at young age.
4 years on a salary of 135k? Certainly a contract staff. (Not a bad thing still).

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Woman Caught Having Sex During Zoom Meeting: Pics & Video / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone / How To Improve On Your Career With I.T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.