Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List (50679 Views)

Meet Brilliant Black Girl Who Got Scholarship Into Almost 50 Universities In US / 5 Young Nigerians Make List Of Most Brilliant Black Students In UK / White Parents Claim Calculation Error After Two Black Students Came Tops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
Yorubas dominating as usual. Flatinós can't dominate this one since it's not drug traffickers or death row list.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by DissTroy(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
Newton85:
Even with all your baseless, boring, incoherent rambling, you still couldn't spell "simpleton." Deplorable Nigerian right wing nutcase and Ben Shapiro wannabe. colossal midwit.

Halfwit, post histories are proof enough of the validity of typographical errors or not. Yours is riddled with so many piss-poor comments, it'd pass for the burner account of a cerebral palsy first-grader.

You punctuate worse than a dyslexic leper.

Rambling only occurs with voice conversations, not text interactions.

Begin all sentences with uppercase letters.

It's not "right wing" but "Right-wing". It has to be hyphenated since it's an adjective, and "Right" has to be capitalised to denote the institutional and/or political reference.

See how to punctuate and capitalise sentences?

Need I go on?

May 85 drugged orangutans take turns enlarging every orifice on your shriveling body with their penile appendages!

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
nograv:
Well done to the Southerners represented...

Northerners unsurprisingly are not represented. Without a quota system, they are no representative mtcheww...

As for others bringing up Saudi, Malaysian and other universities, let's get real does a University in Jeddah compare to Oxford or Cambridge?? The latter two are world renowned Jedda is not...

Don't go about comparing the two. Northerner are attach to their religion and they don't see your Almighty UK as Something Special.
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by soojar(m): 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
WibusJaga:
cool
Why are Northerners not represented
Abeg when it comes to anything merit, give it to Southerners.

Because no quota system is used here.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by DissTroy(m): 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
Newton85:
Lol, what? "You also seem to despise making use of a punctuation mark
like a full stop" simply means you hate making use of a punctuation mark like a full stop. To despise something means to hate something, lmao! My word! Hahahahaha! This is no longer funny though. Please, which school did you attend? I mean, who were your teachers? I swear, it will never be well with the idiots who gave you a horrible education. FrEe ShS, lmao.

Look at the nitwit trying to measure up to me, a god. Deranged newt trying to have a back-and-forth with me about the command of the English Language with me?

How do I start to correct this? There's no way you have ever worked in any corporate field. Never! Nobody would ever allow a dunce like you into their establishment.

I swear by the everything sacred - I have always avoided even dating females with such poor command of the English Language.

I wouldn't even reply a message from a female who types like you, except it's a business request. We'd never be intimate.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
cbrezy:
They're in their cow business grin
And counting millions,how much are you counting exactly?
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
Now this is what we pray for....
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by JohnBullMySon: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
musicwriter:
This is how your enslavement happens today and if you're happy about that, then stop asking; why did our ancestors allow themselves to be enslaved by Britain? Our ancestors were not dumb, they were as "smart" as these five people.

Some years back, I warned Africans in advance about this sort of gimmick after Britain exit the European union. They cannot survive outside the EU, so they must recolonize their former colonies. I made it clear this is what Britain will resort to after exiting the EU. If you want to know what this's all about, see it's time to abolish the commonwealth https://www.africason.com/2016/08/its-time-to-abolish-commonwealth-of.html?m=1
I read the article. Partly true, everybody wants control and strives for it's interests. Even Nigeria often controls smaller African nations. However, many facts stated there are either exaggerated or outright wrong. India is even part of the Commonwealth currently but the article said they pulled out.

I'm not sure any African country would like to pull out. The benefits gotten from the Commonwealth are immense. Who doesn't like free stuff. It also helps Nigeria a lot to lobby influence, if you don't know.
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by Newton85: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
DissTroy:

Halfwit, post histories are proof enough of the validity of typographical errors or not. Yours is riddled with so many piss-poor comments, it'd pass for the burner account of a cerebral palsy first-grader.

You punctuate worse than a dyslexic leper.

Rambling only occurs with voice conversations, not text interactions.

Begin all sentences with uppercase letters.

It's not "right wing" but "Right-wing". It has to be hyphenated since it's an adjective, and "Right" has to be capitalised to denote the institutional and/or political reference.

See how to punctuate and capitalise sentences?

Need I go on?

May 85 drugged orangutans take turns enlarging every orifice on your shriveling body with their penile appendages!

My word! I can't believe this utterly touchy, insecure and monumental cretin is having an emotional breakdown over the fact that he can't spell SIMPLETON, lmao. Why are you wailing this much like a toy-deprived spoilt brat, Nigerian Ben Shapiro wannabe? What a load of mumbo jumbo. Go seek help for your mental instability, oversensitive sissy.
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by DozieSixtus: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
vickydevoka:
I no nwangele very well in unn. Electronic engineering first class 2015 set
Nwangele was in his final year when I was in my second year, which was in 2016/2017 session. He was in Electrical engineering tho.
You know him but, apparently, not very well.
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by DissTroy(m): 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
Newton85:
My word! I can't believe this utterly touchy, insecure and monumental cretin is having an emotional breakdown over the fact that he can't spell SIMPLETON, lmao. Why are you wailing this much like a toy-deprived spoilt brat, Nigerian Ben Shapiro wannabe? What a load of mumbo jumbo. Go seek help for your mental instability.

I don't emotions. The English Language is what I deal in, amongst others. You should learn from this pen-god.

After "SIMPLETON", a fullstop comes next, not a comma.
It's "LMAO", not "lmao". All abbreviations are typed in uppercase letters.

I'm being patient with you so you'd learn. The very patience the woman who birthed you lacked when she dumped you at age two after your cerebral palsy diagnosis.

Dimwitted dyslexics like you embarrass coys with your poor writing skills. Even when your life depends on it and your reputation is on the line, all your replies on this thread are riddled with grammatical blunders.

You keep playing Russian Roulette with articulation but you are firing blanks.

May your life continue to be more empty than a blank paper!
May as many calamities as the binary representation of your username befall you at every turn! smiley

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by onuman: 10:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
Freestainworld:
I saw something that sounds like northerner, sorry I forgot this is UK list not Nigerian list grin

Through quota system . Quota system has ended up with enthroning backwardness in the northern region of Nigeria. Yet the north wants quota system continued.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by DarlingtonC: 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
topblacksadstudents
աɦʏ sɦօʊʟɖ tɦɛʀɛ ɮɛ a ɮʟaċҡ ʟɨst at all
Good observation
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by NovusHomo(m): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
KingOdart:
5 Young Nigerians Make List of Most Brilliant Black Students in UK, One of Them Attended UNN

Rising Stars, an annual publication, that picks out top students in the UK has come up with a list of top 10 brilliant black students in the UK.

Out of the pack, there are five Nigerians on the list. These are people whose years of academic records really speak for themselves.

In this report, Legit.ng will be looking at these five Nigerians and what they have done.

1. Folu Oguneye When she was in Cambridge, Folu was a mentor to other students who wanted to come into the university.

Despite the financial burden her family was facing, she was able to balance work with schooling.

At A-level, the lady was able to get multiple distinctions, a feat that saw her getting a place at the University of Cambridge. She is now the CEO of Vamos Careers with a team of six.

2. Hope Oloye Hope was a precocious child. At the age of 13, she attended a lecture on neuroscience at the University College London.

That lecture made her fall in love with neuroscience and no wonder that was what she would study later at the University of Oxford.

She was among 300 people selected for the much-coveted fully funded Junior Research Fellowship at New York University.

3. Khadija Owusu grew up in the UK. In March 2012, she was invited to the White House by the then-American first lady, Michelle Obama for the exceptional essay she had written about her mother.

When she was in her third year at the University of London, she co-founded a charity called Melanin Medics.

The aim of the organisation was to give more voice to black and Caribbean students in the medical profession. The organisation later got £20,000 (N11,382,088.17) from the British Medical Association.

4. Nwangele Godwin (Emeka) Chukwuemeka Emeka who was born in Jos did his first degree at the University of Nigerian Nsukka (UNN) where he later finished as the best graduating student.

After series of achievements, he became a Rhodes scholar and went ahead to study for his masters in energy systems at the University of Oxford.

He has together with Enugu State Scholarship Board created Coal City Fellowship.

5. Segun Afolaranmi The young man grew up in Lagos. His parents are petty traders. Segun is not only good with books, but he is also an amazing public speaker.

After secondary school, he took his A-Level in biology, physics, and chemistry where he had straight As and got admission into the University of Ibadan.

During his graduation from school, he got over 30 awards for his excellence. He is the co-founder of a youth-based organisation called The Ganglion Initiative. He later got a Clarendon scholarship for his masters at the University of Oxford.

https://www.legit.ng/1429103-5-nigerians-list-brilliant-black-students-uk-attended-unn.html

Why do I think "OWUSU" (Number 3) is a Ghanaian name
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by jahsharon: 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
WibusJaga:
cool

Check the Almajaris in the list of most dangerous human on Earth and in Hell.
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by musicwriter(m): 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I read the article. Partly true, everybody wants control and strives for it's interests. Even Nigeria often controls smaller African nations. However, many facts stated there are either exaggerated or outright wrong. India is even part of the Commonwealth currently but the article said they pulled out.

I'm not sure any African country would like to pull out. The benefits gotten from the Commonwealth are immense. Who doesn't like free stuff. It also helps Nigeria a lot to lobby influence, if you don't know.

First of all, Britain cannot give you anything for free. Neither can they afford it. There's nothing Britain can give you a blackman or woman that your ancestors have not paid for in advance through many years of slavery, colonialism, neo-colonialism. And any mention of India among nations that pulled out would, of course, be an oversight but many countries already pulled out.

Britain cannot give you anything for free unless it's a rotten egg. And if they ever give it to you, they gave it to you to help them throw it away. Anything they give you may appear to you as free but be rest assured you've already paid for it or would pay for it.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by jahsharon: 10:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
As expected 80% are Yoruba, brainy people with godly impeccable character, not those drug traffickers and terrorists

So, this has turn to Yoruba Versus Igbo war again? Your head correct like this? Abi you want to be visited by herdsmen?
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by Oesophagus99(m): 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
Wat a simpy looser... shocked

She would have mamade it better here with the lump sum gift of #10k, grin

If the finals it out with 1st class

#blessing follow u mydear
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by Kraytur: 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
Correction

No 5 is Ramon Abbass
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by streetsoldier1(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2021
Yolobas brilliant sha.... i envy them

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by rosinkkit: 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
WibusJaga:
cool

There are very few northern Nigerians in the UK.
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by Jonathan39: 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
When you see a UK list, naturally Yoruba should top it, just like US list where you will find more igbos.
Ayomi90:

Nd so? Can't u see Yoruba still dominate abi you are too pained to see that?
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by calcal: 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
Black people like to cram too much that's why they are not getting anything reasonable from it.
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by JayB11(m): 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
mountmoriah:
Great southern Nigeria, so much talents not all this almajiri from Niget, this northerners won't allow us to progress in peace.

The British know this, but whether this wickedness or deliberate evil, they forcefully join us together so that the northerners will continue grazing on our land and sucking the oils, and make theirselves the head of every institute in Nigeria, now this where we are, meanwhile kudos to this wonderful Nigerians making us proud, not the like of vincent, hushpy, abba kyari

Mo4, isn't it same folks down South who tarnished the Country's image in the World with your filthy ass get-rich-quick syndrome? Now i got to almost strip naked before i travel out......BE GUIDED, SH!T!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by Hellonearth007: 12:04am On Aug 14, 2021
Cmexy:
Those of you saying ‘Aboki’ is not here, wetin you gain!?

Nothing oooo just that na only where them dey drink cow piss and Bleep cows we dey see una.
How school,una say no.
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by ayojohn4real: 12:13am On Aug 14, 2021
You no go see name like Ali Kafasha, Muhammed Kano or Abba Kyari all they know how to do is carry gun, rape and kill innocent people, stupid Jihadists and their Oga in asshole rock come and see the Oduduwa and Biafran making us proud, na we go win as last

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by Ayomi90: 12:21am On Aug 14, 2021
Jonathan39:
When you see a UK list, naturally Yoruba should top it, just like US list where you will find more igbos.
Nd who is fighting on that? Igbos topping, Yoruba's topping it's a win win, I don't know what exactly you wanna bring out of it.
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by Frenzy01(m): 12:32am On Aug 14, 2021
Bright minds... If only I had this kind of opportunity, I would have done better cry

Meanwhile, I sell and I and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by Lightorder: 12:40am On Aug 14, 2021
Wow! See Godwin at Greenage o. Very calm and gentle. When he left for UK, I knew he would go places. He did well as student in our faculty in UNN. I wish him all the best
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by writeprof(m): 12:57am On Aug 14, 2021
KingOdart:
5 Young Nigerians Make List of Most Brilliant Black Students in UK, One of Them Attended UNN

Rising Stars, an annual publication, that picks out top students in the UK has come up with a list of top 10 brilliant black students in the UK.

Out of the pack, there are five Nigerians on the list. These are people whose years of academic records really speak for themselves.

In this report, Legit.ng will be looking at these five Nigerians and what they have done.

1. Folu Oguneye When she was in Cambridge, Folu was a mentor to other students who wanted to come into the university.

Despite the financial burden her family was facing, she was able to balance work with schooling.

At A-level, the lady was able to get multiple distinctions, a feat that saw her getting a place at the University of Cambridge. She is now the CEO of Vamos Careers with a team of six.

2. Hope Oloye Hope was a precocious child. At the age of 13, she attended a lecture on neuroscience at the University College London.

That lecture made her fall in love with neuroscience and no wonder that was what she would study later at the University of Oxford.

She was among 300 people selected for the much-coveted fully funded Junior Research Fellowship at New York University.

3. Khadija Owusu grew up in the UK. In March 2012, she was invited to the White House by the then-American first lady, Michelle Obama for the exceptional essay she had written about her mother.

When she was in her third year at the University of London, she co-founded a charity called Melanin Medics.

The aim of the organisation was to give more voice to black and Caribbean students in the medical profession. The organisation later got £20,000 (N11,382,088.17) from the British Medical Association.

4. Nwangele Godwin (Emeka) Chukwuemeka Emeka who was born in Jos did his first degree at the University of Nigerian Nsukka (UNN) where he later finished as the best graduating student.

After series of achievements, he became a Rhodes scholar and went ahead to study for his masters in energy systems at the University of Oxford.

He has together with Enugu State Scholarship Board created Coal City Fellowship.

5. Segun Afolaranmi The young man grew up in Lagos. His parents are petty traders. Segun is not only good with books, but he is also an amazing public speaker.

After secondary school, he took his A-Level in biology, physics, and chemistry where he had straight As and got admission into the University of Ibadan.

During his graduation from school, he got over 30 awards for his excellence. He is the co-founder of a youth-based organisation called The Ganglion Initiative. He later got a Clarendon scholarship for his masters at the University of Oxford.

https://www.legit.ng/1429103-5-nigerians-list-brilliant-black-students-uk-attended-unn.html

Let's learn to share good news please smiley
Re: 5 Nigerians Make Most Brilliant Black Students In UK List by guiddoti: 12:57am On Aug 14, 2021
The day both Oduduwa republic and Biafra republic will finally go their ways, you will not hear Nigeria again among nations of Africa because people that will remain cannot uphold his past glory. Ravaged by religious "cowries".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Missing 300L Female Student Of Babcock University (Pictured) / See List Of Aides Of Students Union President Of Akwa Ibom State University / Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.