Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,992 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

The Hidden Profit In Storage Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Hidden Profit In Storage Business (34598 Views)

Palm Oil Storage Business Investment (buying & Selling) In Nigeria. / Egusi Storage Business : Before You Invest Kindly Take Note ! / Insights On Storage Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
This will be my new thread for this year!.
Pls and pls don't give any body your money to keep on ur behalf.No matter how much you will spend on transport try an move your grains to ur destination. I know what iam saying there is currently alot of cases where the agent run away with people's money. I swear one igbo man bought 700 bags of agusi last year and leave it with the agent,the agent sold everything last two months and run away with the money to only God's know destination!. Even me iam not save,I bought sorghum worth 500k last year and entrusted it to one Alhaji in my town,I swear now that I want to sell it to continue my building project,no sorghum/no money!...it current value will reach one million, though I have arrested the alhaji but we were only be able to recovered 200k from him only.
Therefore,in this thread everything will be open that's why iam not doing any whatsapp group,when we reach haversting season I will be updating about the current prices and anything you want,you can buy it here from me and it will deliver to ur state any where are you within Nigeria.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
Storage like any other business has it on up and down depend on the year.But in storage business,you need one thing to succeed that's consistency. I remember vidly about 17 years ago me and my friend used to do beans storage.But I stop after we stored twice without gain,then my friend used his only 200k to purchased some bags of beans later sold them 600k.From there he got the money to build his present house he lives inside!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
Disclaimer:-ln my service,I can't guarantee you any profit percentage,only God's know that.In storage you can gain even 100 percent,and you can gain less than that,some time you sell as you buy.some time you can even lost small thing from the initial capital.
Storage business can be a lucrative venture next season due to insecurity, kidnapping and bandtry In the north.Alot of farmers have been chased away from there farms/villages.

3 Likes

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
Me myself I didn't gain from storage twice that's 17 years ago but alot of people most expecially villagers has made alot of millions from this business in my state.Do you know what?.most of the rich people from my state are farmers and produces hoarders.we have one particular man in my town,only him store 20,000 bag of beans this year!.the man said to his friends if not because he used to hold money in his life,the profit he realized from beans can make him mad.lolz

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
In this thread we are going to focus on certain produces that I know better as a farmer and also as a business man.I will list and explain them one after the other.1-beans!
2-groudnut
3-millet
4-maize
5-sorghun/guinea corn
6-Agusi
7-suyabeans
8-dried pepper
9-sheanut
10-bambara nut

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
What ever you will buy make sure you buy it during it haversting period,also try and get it at the cheapest price possible.If at haversting period and the price refuse to reduce drastically,I repeat pls Don't buy!

8 Likes

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by jades5050(m): 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
What about the bag for storage and duration of how months can all this farm products can be stored

2 Likes

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
jades5050:
What about the bag for storage and duration of how months can all this farm products can be stored
among the above mentioned grains only beans and bambara nut need PICS bag for storage,others is not necessary.The storage duration is mostly 6-7 months from December to June/july.this is PICs bag and you can all get it from me at rate of 800/bag.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by iretinyeee(f): 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
What can be use to preserve egwusi and corn

1 Like

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by Audinowing(m): 8:01am On Aug 14, 2021
shariff84:
What ever you will buy make sure you buy it during it haversting period,also try and get it at the cheapest price possible.If at haversting period and the price refuse to reduce drastically,I repeat pls Don't buy!

Thanks for this Sharif. So does that mean if the price of let's say beans, as it is now does not go down by December one should not buy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2021
Audinowing:

Thanks for this Sharif. So does that mean if the price of let's say beans, as it is now does not go down by December one should not buy?
yes,I will advice any any nairalander who care to listen not to store beans next year.Due to high cost in price this year,alot of farmers plant beans more than any other produce in the north and this will lead to over production of beans which will result to crash in price.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by Wonder1844(m): 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2021
Is this the best time to buy Egusi?
If yes how much per bag now?
Thanks
Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2021
iretinyeee:
What can be use to preserve egwusi and corn
No need to put anything for egwusi storage,the only thing it require is to be completely dry before storage. And for corn also you have to make sure it's completely dry before storage,though we use one inserticide that's call Nubam(executor) in the north before storage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
Wonder1844:
Thanks
yes it's the best time though egusi is already scarce in the market and it price keep going up weekly.Today I went to the market with the intention of buying 50 bags for a nairalander in onitsha but I only got 7bags!
Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2021
Wonder1844:
Thanks
Yes the price is now 13k for unpeeled.
Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2021
1-Beans thought the most lucrative among the storage grains but highly risky produces also,Any hoarder that didn't follow beans with caution can lost huge part of his/her capital on the process.the way you see the price of beans going up weekly that's the way it will going down if their is glut in the market.Also,beans can easily be attack by weevils but if you used PICS bags then you are safe. A price of beans during haversting is normally 18-20k per bag,now a brown beans bag goes for 62k and white 53k.It storage duration is 7 months i.e December to July.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by QTCL(m): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2021
How long can egusi and ogbono be stored and what type of bag is best to preserve them?

1 Like

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2021
2-Groundnut:-groundnut is always among the best storage grains because you will always gain even if the gain percentage is not much.you can store both peel and unpeel,this year,I bought peeled groundnut worth 4 million naira to a nairalander in onitsha.and we bought them when a sack is 30,000 and now a sack of peel groundnut is 55,000.A sack of unshelled groundnut now is 14,000 while in harvesting time is 8,000.storage duration is 7 months from December-July.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by dondo83(m): 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
shariff84:
Groundnut:-groundnut is always among the best storage grains because you will always gain even if the gain percentage is not much.you can store both peel and unpeel,this year,I bought peeled groundnut worth 4 million naira to a nairalander in onitsha.and we bought them when a sack is 30,000 and now a sack of peel groundnut is 55,000.A sack of unshelled groundnut now is 14,000 while in harvesting time is 8,000.storage duration is 7 months from December-July.

I will like to learn more from you , kindly send me your number
Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
dondo83:

I will like to learn more from you , kindly send me your number
call/whatsapp 08032777272
Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2021
3-Millet is also good for storage just like maize and sorghum,their prices is always almost thesame!.If you store millet no matter how you will gain but some time the profit is not much.as of today this is the current prices for maize, millet and sorghum 23k,23k,23k.lolz
Storage period for millet is long ,10 months, August to July. Also at last year haverst the price is 13k.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by Wonder1844(m): 6:14am On Aug 15, 2021
Thanks. Is it a 100kg bag.
How much to transport to Warri, Delta State.
If possible sir, let me see the picture of the bag.

shariff84:
Yes the price is now 13k for unpeeled.
Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 6:31am On Aug 15, 2021
Wonder1844:
Thanks. Is it a 100kg bag.
How much to transport to Warri, Delta State.
If possible sir, let me see the picture of the bag.

to warri is 1500, below is the picture of the bags

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
4-maize:- maize it's also a good produce for storage,if you store it,you will gain even if the gain is not much.Alot of animals feed companies used maize as their main raw material for production,also alot of family consume maize in the north as their food.
The current price of maize is 22,000 for white and 24,000 for yellow,at haversting period last year maize price goes for 11,000 for both white and yellow.Maize harvesting period is september-december while the selling period is June/July.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
5-Sorghum/guinea corn (dawa):-we have white,red and yellow dawa!.it haversting period is December, current price is 24k for white and 25k for yellow and red dawa while @ harvest the price was 12k last year.

1 Like

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2021
6-Agusi:-i believe alot of people now know about agusi!

1 Like

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
7-Suyabeans:-yes suyabeans is also among the grain you can store,it does not spoil easily unless water touch it but I never see weevils in suyabeans.current price is 33k,at haverst it price last year was 14k.
Haversting period is november/December, storage duration is 7 months (December -July)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
8-Dried pepper:- yes alot of people used to store dried pepper in the north,you will buy @cheaper price during harvest period (December) and sell during scarcity time.current price is 22k, harvesting price last year was 10k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by isey4u(f): 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2021
shariff84:
7-Suyabeans:-yes suyabeans is also among the grain you can store,it does not spoil easily unless water touch it but I never see weevils in suyabeans.current price is 33k,at haverst it price last year is 14k.
Haversting period is november/December, storage duration is 7 months (December -July)
shariff84:
6-Agusi:-i believe alot of people now know about agusi!

Thanks allot for this sharriff
Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by Audinowing(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2021
@Shariff, please is this the right time to buy groundnut? If not when is the right time
Re: The Hidden Profit In Storage Business by shariff84: 8:38am On Aug 16, 2021
9:-Sheanut:-though this is cash crop and alot of people don't know it,it's raw material for doing sheabutter.And it's only available in some certain state like:-Niger,kwarai, nasarawa,benue,abuja,kaduna and kebbi.
Most of it buyers are foreign companies and they are in Ibadan and lagos.its mostly sold per ton,you can buy and store and resell during scarcity.At on season you can get a ton as low as 75k and you can sell it as high as 200k to companies. Below is the ones we store last year with my ogar(a nairalander)700 bags, and do you know the funny thing,I don't even know his user name on nairaland.lolz

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet / Cassava Processing Machine / Economical Tree Crops Seedlings Available For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.