Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

My Sperm Analysis Results - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Sperm Analysis Results (1307 Views)

Sperm Analysis Test / My Sperm Analysis Results After Treating Infection / Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sperm Analysis Results by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 14, 2021
Please. Kindly help me interprete this result
Sperm =29 million/ml
Total motility: 60%
Active: 50%
Sluggish : 10%
Non active: 20%

Please is d results ok. I need input from medical people
I read in d internet d said anything below 15 million is low.
Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by IJOBA11: 1:35am On Aug 14, 2021
Judy4uu:
Sperm =29 million/ml

CONFIRM BY KNACKING ONE HOLEOSHO MONDAY NIGHT RAW

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 14, 2021
IJOBA11:
CONFIRM BY KNACKING ONE HOLEOSHO MONDAY NIGHT RAW
I am married. I don't Patronized such people

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by SWDude: 1:42am On Aug 14, 2021
Judy4uu:

I am married. I don't Patronized such people

Why did you go for sperm analysis?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 14, 2021
SWDude:

Why did you go for sperm analysis?
I got married few months back. No pregnancy yet. Want to be sure
Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by sirjoggy(m): 2:25am On Aug 14, 2021
Wawu
Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by OlawaleBammie: 2:45am On Aug 14, 2021
Judy4uu:
Sperm =29 million/ml

but wait o.....

U left the doctor that conducted the test for u behind and u came to Nairaland to seek clarification if ur aqueous solution is good enough or not? This is so thoughtful of u sir grin grin grin

Bros wait o,............ At the bolded, what about the remaining 20%??

7 Likes

Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by Healthyway15: 3:13am On Aug 14, 2021
Judy4uu:
Sperm =29 million/ml

Regarding your sperm at 29 million/ml,
You are considered to have a low sperm count if you have fewer than 15 million/ml. Having less than this indicates a low sperm count and a decreased chance of getting your partner pregnant.

With your total motility at 60%,
Total motility is the number of motile sperm in the semen. In a typical sample, normal motility should be at least 50%.

Also; for a normal range, at least 50% of your sperm sample should be active.

Normally, if both of you have just been trying for some months to get pregnant, you don't have to worry much. With no factor(s) disturbing the male or female fertility, there's high probability that she will conceive soon. It only becomes infertility issue when there's a failure to conceive after 1 year of frequent, unprotected intercourse with your wife. Your wife should also go for some tests to know her status too.

I hope this helps

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by Wawelexy(m): 3:34am On Aug 14, 2021
Drink enough youghurt with milk regularly

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by Greatzeus(m): 3:38am On Aug 14, 2021
Healthyway15:

Regarding your sperm at 29 million/ml,
You are considered to have a low sperm count if you have fewer than 15 million/ml. Having less than this indicates a low sperm count and a decreased chance of getting your partner pregnant.

With your total motility at 60%,
Total motility is the number of motile sperm in the semen. In a typical sample, normal motility should be at least 50%.

Also; for a normal range, at least 50% of your sperm sample should be active.

Normally, if both of you have just been trying for some months to get pregnant, you don't have to worry much. With no factor(s) disturbing the male or female fertility, there's high probability that she will conceive soon. It only becomes infertility issue when there's a failure to conceive after 1 year of frequent, unprotected intercourse with your wife. Your wife should also go for some tests to know her status too.

I hope this helps
Wow so apt,precise and easy to understand explanation. Thanks .
Please does sperm quantity ( I mean the volume that comes out at ejaculation), shows sperm count is high or low? I mean can you conclude that you have high sperm count by the high volume of sperm you ejaculated?

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by Healthyway15: 5:11am On Aug 14, 2021
Greatzeus:

Wow so apt,precise and easy to understand explanation. Thanks .
Please does sperm quantity ( I mean the volume that comes out at ejaculation), shows sperm count is high or low? I mean can you conclude that you have high sperm count by the high volume of sperm you ejaculated?

Actually, fertility-wise, whether a man ejaculates more or less amount of semen does not matter. What really matters is the quality and quantity of sperm in the semen.

Most times, men ejaculate 6ml or less of semen at a go. And every millilitre of semen can contain millions of sperm. It's better that each millilitre of semen should contain at least 15 million sperm. Less than this can reduce a couple's chances of conceiving.

In addition, a man with low semen volume but a high concentration and motility of healthy sperm may be more fertile than a man with high semen volume but low sperm concentration.

There should only be a concern when a reduced volume is associated with low/zero sperm count.

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by P1PrinceKT(m): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2021
May be she is under family planning and you don't know.
Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by MufasaLion: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2021
Your result seems fine just as someone already stated.
Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by Greatzeus(m): 11:56am On Aug 14, 2021
Healthyway15:

Actually, fertility-wise, whether a man ejaculates more or less amount of semen does not matter. What really matters is the quality and quantity of sperm in the semen.

Most times, men ejaculate 6ml or less of semen at a go. And every millilitre of semen can contain millions of sperm. It's better that each millilitre of semen should contain at least 15 million sperm. Less than this can reduce a couple's chances of conceiving.

In addition, a man with low semen volume but a high concentration and motility of healthy sperm may be more fertile than a man with high semen volume but low sperm concentration.

There should only be a concern when a reduced volume is associated with low/zero sperm count.
Ok thanks so much
Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by SWDude: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2021
Judy4uu:

I got married few months back. No pregnancy yet. Want to be sure

Oh okay. Hopefully everything is fine.
Re: My Sperm Analysis Results by Healthyway15: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
Greatzeus:

Ok thanks so much

You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Gynecologiist I Need Your Help / Guys! This Is Your Time Now / Any Body Knows About The Cmd Of Uch Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.