Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Can I Go For A Masters Degree With A 2.2 Degree? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Go For A Masters Degree With A 2.2 Degree? (828 Views)

Has Anyone Been Able To Finance Post Graduate Degree With Mpower / How Much Is The Minimum Amount To Run Masters Degree In Canada / I Want To Resign From My Job To Pursue A Masters Degree In USA Or Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Go For A Masters Degree With A 2.2 Degree? by nobody01: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2021
Good morning all, it's my first time posting on this section. Please I need your suggestions and opinions.

I have an issue that is seriously bothering me, I am a third year Computer Engineering student of a Federal University. The problem is my result has dropped from the 2.1, I was managing to a 2.2 my current CGPA is 3.07, and I even fear it may drop to a third class if I am not careful.

Now the issue is I was advised to substitute my reading time and time for classes to focus more on my programming by my senior colleagues but it's adversely affecting my CGPA.

I have already resolved that I may not graduate with a 2.1 again, because I have been busy with several gigs which are giving me a practical work experience and the pay is great for a student. But on the bright side my work resume has improved, and I am getting really juicy offers which will allow me to save up and eventually leave the country.

The issue now is I want to go for my Masters Degree but, I don't know if I will be given admission in a Computer Science or Software Development related course due to my CGPA.

Please if you have towed this part and you were successful, please share your experiences because this has been draining and stressing me for some time.

I would like to apply to universities in Ireland, UK, Sweden, Canada, Germany, France, Netherlands, Austria, Finland, and South Africa but I am open to other suggestions as long as a permanent residency is guaranteed.

Also, will the prospective universities overlook the CGPA if I have a good resume and work experience.

Please I really need answers from the experts and those who have had similar experiences on the forum.

PS: I am sorry for the long post but please bear with me.

Thank you in advance for your contributions.
Re: Can I Go For A Masters Degree With A 2.2 Degree? by MufasaLion: 11:55am On Aug 14, 2021
Yes, you can!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Go For A Masters Degree With A 2.2 Degree? by Goldbw122(m): 11:58am On Aug 14, 2021
Sure thing
Re: Can I Go For A Masters Degree With A 2.2 Degree? by Kpokrikpo: 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2021
nobody01:
Good morning all, it's my first time posting on this section. Please I need your suggestions and opinions.

I have an issue that is seriously bothering me, I am a third year Computer Engineering student of a Federal University. The problem is my result has dropped from the 2.1, I was managing to a 2.2 my current CGPA is 3.07, and I even fear it may drop to a third class if I am not careful.
Check this thread bro
https://www.nairaland.com/6700339/2.0-gpa-colleges-list-universities#104744928
Re: Can I Go For A Masters Degree With A 2.2 Degree? by SamuelLoch: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2021
There are many conditions attached to gaining admission, CGPA is just one of it... Your 2.2 would only filter you out from attending some expensive universities. So, finish strong, learn how to apply, gather every necessary info and watch how you do great things with your 2.2. in a saner climate than some first class here.

Good luck!
Re: Can I Go For A Masters Degree With A 2.2 Degree? by iknowexperts: 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2021
Focus on finishing strong.

There are colleges whose requirement is that you have a CGPA amounting to a 2.1 only for the last 2 years of your study,

So, if your last 2 years results is strong, your good to go

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This About Applying For International Passport / A Friend Wants An Advice Between Kenya And South Africa / How much will it cost me to relocate my family abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.