Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

A Typical Yoruba Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Typical Yoruba Man (591 Views)

A Typical Example Of When You Are Laboring In Vain (Photo) / Tinubu Is A Typical Yoruba Man / This Yoruba Man Abroad Is Angry With Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Typical Yoruba Man by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:35am On Aug 15, 2021

TUNDE IDIAGBON shook the world in 1985. He was in Saudi Arabia when the regime of his best friend, his boss Muhammadu Buhari was overthrown. He was declared wanted by the new regime after the regime had arrested Buhari. Saudi Arabia gave Idiagbon immediate asylum without requesting for it but Idiagbon refused, he said "I cannot abandon my friend and ally because of fear of death. I believe in our ideology and mission for Nigeria, I will go back to Nigeria to join Muhammadu Buhari....". After much but futile persuasion, Saudi gave up and Idiagbon travelled back to Nigeria. He landed at Murtala Mohammed International Airport, he received his last salute and gave his own too, he was arrested thereafter. Idiagbon endured the tribulations with Buhari. That is a TYPICAL YORUBA MAN'S ATTITUDE.

OLUSEGUN OBASANJO was in Copenhagen in 1995 when Musa YAR'ADUA was arrested for coup plot which was supposedly planned by both men. Failed coup plot attracts maximum sentence. Denmark offered OBJ asylum, he refused. He couldn't abandon his friend and Deputy in the hand of their accuser. OBJ flew back to Nigeria, he was in prison with YAR'ADUA. He never abandoned his friend at critical moments. That's a TYPICAL YORUBA MAN'S ATTITUDE.

ADEKUNLE FAJUYI in 1966 was hosting Ironsi in Ibadan when his guest was arrested by his assailants, they asked FAJUYI to go in peace but he chose to be arrested and receive same judgment passed on his guest as he wouldn't betray his guest. He got exactly what he requested. That is a TYPICAL YORUBA MAN'S ATTITUDE.

MKO ABIOLA returned to Nigeria in 1993 to stand by the masses who were on the streets struggling for the actualisation of June 12. He said "My life is not bigger than those who are constantly attacked on the streets". Abiola could have stayed in America but he came back to join his people in the struggle. That's a TYPICAL YORUBA MAN'S ATTITUDE.

BOLA AHMED TINUBU in 2015 stood firmly with his friend Muhammadu Buhari

Personally, I think it has caused us more harm than good.

2 Likes

Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by Asgard73: 8:37am On Aug 15, 2021
Okay

Yoruba
Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by illicit(m): 8:48am On Aug 15, 2021
I thought Idiagbon is Ilorin Fulani tho
Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by Sergio101(m): 8:49am On Aug 15, 2021
shocked
Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by Asgard73: 9:00am On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

He’s kwara Fulani like Saraki. .. with Yoruba ancestry.. Ilorin.
Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by illicit(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2021
Asgard73:

He’s kwara Fulani like Saraki. .. with Yoruba ancestry.. Ilorin.

He has no Yoruba ancestry

His parents were fulani
Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by 22o62021: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2021
Kwara is not a Yoruba land

And how is this news helpful?
Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by Asgard73: 9:06am On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

He has no Yoruba ancestry

His parents were fulani

Seriously...

he speaks Yoruba .. wow.
Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by illicit(m): 9:07am On Aug 15, 2021
Asgard73:

Seriously...

he speaks Yoruba .. wow.

Yes he does

He even has Yoruba name Babatunde

He named his children Yoruba names too cos Ilorin is predominantly yoruba but he is actually fulani

The present emir has Yoruba names too even tho they have fulani blood

2 Likes

Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by Asgard73: 9:19am On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

Yes he does

He even has Yoruba name Babatunde

He named his children Yoruba names too cos Ilorin is predominantly yoruba but he is actually fulani

The present emir has Yoruba names too even tho they have fulani blood

Okay
Thanks for this..

Propaganda eh.. why then Yoruba people Dey always claim him as Yoruba man

Thank you shocked
Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by kayfra: 9:19am On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

He is mostly Yoruba. Probably 1/8th or 1/16th Fulani.

1 Like

Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by illicit(m): 9:20am On Aug 15, 2021
kayfra:

He is mostly Yoruba. Probably 1/8th or 1/16th Fulani.

He was born by fulani parents

His father is Hassan Dogo

1 Like

Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by kayfra: 9:23am On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

He was born by fulani parents

Not quite.

Maternal has been Yoruba since the 1820s do the Maths. Paternal too is mixed with heavy Yoruba

When your mum, Dad's mum, Grandfather's mum, great grandfather's mum and great great grandfather's mums are all Yorubas. So Fulani is just a trace amount. Same with their Emir too FYI

A DNA test will probably only show 12.5% Fulani at the maximum

1 Like

Re: A Typical Yoruba Man by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 15, 2021
But wetin Ojukwu and kanu do? They dress up like women and fled.

(1) (Reply)

Apc Will Lose Election With Tinubu As Presidential Candidate / BREAKING: Buhari Mourns As Aisha Loses Son / How I Made A Perfect Payback For A Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The Uni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.