Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? (11126 Views)

The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except / Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by illicit(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2021
bepositive11:

So the woman becomes the head if she foots the bills if her husband should lose his job?

Men should stop basing their value on money

Be realisitic bro
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by dingbang(m): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2021
Christ na
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by IfnobeGod20: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2021
Who is the head of a christian home?
This question is liken to the daily argument of wearing or not wearing of headgear in the church. Which some people have in one way or the other indoctrinised to suit their belief.
The Bible specifically mentioned head to be covered by a woman but subtly when quoting the verse of the scripture they changed the portion of "head" to "hair". Why same chapter specifically mentioned that the hair serve as covering. But you will never see them mentioning that line of the scripture.
Now to the question asked. Ephesians 5: 23 will lead us aright. It says:
"For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body".
Let me first start from the word "church" mentioned in the scripture. The church is not a physical building as some may thought. Several metaphors that are used for the church are depicted in the following verses of scriptures:

A body (Romans 12:4-5; 1 Corinthians 12:12-27)
The "bride" of Christ (Ephesians 5; Revelation 19:6-cool
A flock of sheep (to be shepherded - c.f. Acts 20:28-29; 1 Peter 5:2-3)
A family (into which we have been adopted (Galatians 4:5) (Matthew 12:48-50; 1 John 4:20; 1 Timothy 5:1-2). So the group of people is the church and not the building.
Yes, the head of a home is The Christ as rightly mentioned in the above scripture but the same scripture went further to say the head of a wife is the husband. If the husband is the head of the wife, it means everything that comes out of the wife that makes up the family, the husband is at liberty to be in control of them. As Yoruba adage said, "eni to leru lo leru". Meaning "whoever owns the slave owns the property". Hence, the husband is the head of every family while Christ is the head of every home.
Note: the home refers to the body of believers that makes up a family.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Akell(m): 11:38am On Aug 15, 2021
Blacknote:
Why is there no oaths of allegiance to christian deity before posting on this section, just as it's done in Islamic section

Don't mind those folks, their insecurity and the ideology of 'join islamisbad by force' is always glaring.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Meritocracy: 11:40am On Aug 15, 2021
Stupid question, why not go and marry Christ or who did you promise to obey on the alter. By the way, who is the head of your church..
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Glamouzpeter(f): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2021
Husband while Christ is the head of the Church
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by bepositive11: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

Be realisitic bro

It happens. Men lose their jobs sometimes and become insecure because their wife is still earning

Men have a lot more to offer than money. If you base your self worth on money, when you see your woman talking to a man earning more than you, won't you get insecure? If your wife starts earning more that you, won't you get insecure?

A man is the head not because of footing the bills, but because he's more logical. He's a better decision maker. He's physically stronger. He protects his wife and children. And so on.

Footing the bills is good too but that's not the only reason and even if his wife earns more, he's still the head

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:48am On Aug 15, 2021
E Be like say the devil and the evil spirit possess by this government is making the citizens think up side down.... !!

Seriously how will u compare Christ and Husband for goodness sake... The King and Kings has his roles so as the human husband of the family...

Who d *uck came up with dis comparism??!!
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Sheuns(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2021
Jesus is not part of any couple’s home. Husband, wife and children.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by illicit(m): 11:53am On Aug 15, 2021
bepositive11:

It happens. Men lose their jobs sometimes and become insecure because their wife is still earning

Men have a lot more to offer than money. If you base your self worth on money, when you see your woman talking to a man earning more than you, won't you get insecure? If your wife starts earning more that you, won't you get insecure?

A man is the head not because of footing the bills, but because he's more logical. He's a better decision maker. He's physically stronger. He protects his wife and children. And so on.

Footing the bills is good too but that's not the only reason and even if his wife earns more, he's still the head

In reality, the moment the woman becomes the breadwinner, she becomes the head

Try it and see

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by BirtherOfKings(f): 11:54am On Aug 15, 2021
Husband pls..let's do the right thing

U no go church? Watch now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAqO5liQ2Hc
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by thinkmoney(m): 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:
Whoever foots the bills is the head
Shallow minded people. Lost generation. Always measuring everything against money. Mohammed's wife was richer than him. Some women were very industrious in the bible and did exploits, yet they knew their place.
See the world u people are giving us because of your selfish and illogical ideas!
The family is like an organisation with hierarchy. The man is the man is naturally the physical head, while christ is the head of all, moreover, God is the head of christ-he is the LORDBOF LORDS *(Sarah called Abraham lord)
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by thinkmoney(m): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2021
falcon01:
Who ever pays the bills
Shallow minded people. Lost generation. Always measuring everything against money. Mohammed wife was richer than him. Some women were very industrious in the bible and did exploits, yet they knew their place.
See the world u people are giving us because of your selfish and illogical ideas!
The family is like an organisation with hierarchy. The man is the man is naturally the physical head, while christ is the head of all, moreover, God is the head of christ-he is the LORDBOF LORDS *(Sarah called Abraham lord)
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by illicit(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
thinkmoney:

Shallow minded people. Lost generation. Always measuring everything against money. Mohammed's wife was richer than him. Some women were very industrious in the bible and did exploits, yet they knew their place.

I shake my head for u
U live in the past and have lost touch with present reality
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by thinkmoney(m): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Nawa

In some homes na the pikin dey pay bills o. Hope you know? cheesy cheesy
Leave them...confused people. Trying had to turn the world on its head because of their selfish and rebellious spirit. Lost generations. Godless generation.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by thinkmoney(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
maureensylvia:
Husband of course
Christ is the head of the church

Are you gonna have sex with Christ ni

My husband is the head of my home and of course the Christ I'm seeing
Why can't u guys use una head is it very hard to use common sense these days? Has alot of you folks become sick mentally.
Dont you know that the family is an organisation and like every organisation has hierarchy? The husband is naturally the physical head if he is ABLE to foot the bill or not (children doors some families bills), while christ is the head of all good organisations, family and church included (don't you know that the family is even a unit of the church?), and what's more, christ is able to foot every bill and he infact does. Or who has ever paid for the breath they are given?!
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by sirusX(m): 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband?

There cannot be two heads of a Christian home, for a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24

Therefore It has to be one or the other, so which is it?

I have heard some say or seen a written message in some homes, "Christ is the head of this house." On the other hand, i have also heard some claim that the husband is the head of the home or marriage, therefore I would like to know which is really true, since both cannot be right at the same time.

If Christ is the head of the home, then both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to the authority of Christ. But if it's the husband instead, then the woman has to submit herself to the authority of the husband.

My own belief is that Christ ought to be the head of every Christian home, so both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to His own authority.

Anything contrary to that is not of God, but of men or the devil, hence it would only lead to dangerous repercussions in the home, as it was in the beginning when the husband and wife both rejected the authority of Christ, even the Word of God that was in the beginning, and chose to listen and heed the voice of someone else.

Although the marriage didn't end up in a divorce as a result, and they wear yet able to bear children, it became a total failure as the purpose for which God made the marriage, which was to multiply sinless children (those born in obedience), was not achieved.

It also led to hostility in the marriage, because the same man who loved his wife and called her "the bone of my bones" and "flesh of my flesh", now saw her as an enemy or a stranger called "the woman you gave me". Genesis 2:23; 3:12

So the authority and head of a Christian home, as God made it to be in the beginning, ought to be the Word of God which Christ is, and that's one of things which was in the beginning that Christ came to restore. Therefore taking that authority from Him and giving it to someone else, including the husband, would only prevent the purpose of God concerning the marriage from being fulfilled, and could also lead to hostility among the married couples.

That's what would have happened in the marriage of Smith Wigglesworth, as the husband thought he was the head of their home, and had authority over his wife, hence tried to use it against her and to prevent her from serving God as she ought to, when he derailed from the faith.

But thank God he had a wife who knew that he was just her husband, not her Head or Head of their marriage, but Jesus, as she'd let Him know. So he couldn't make her do things contrary to what Christ demands of her, because she was meant to be under Christ's authority, not his.

This eventually led to her husband's restoration to the faith, and for this reason he loved appreciated his wife much more than he'd ever done beforehand, because what he learnt from the wife in the process was an invaluable lesson, which had not only helped to restore him, but also made him to be a better vessel for God's use, and better husband for his wife and marriage.

That's what many Christian' marriage stands to lose whenever someone else is put in the placed of Christ as the Head of a Christian home. It ends up more or less as the marriage in the beginning, when God's purpose for the marriage was not achieved.

And once that purpose is not achieved, the marriage become a total failure even if it doesn't end in divorce and they're yet having children as Adam and Eve, because God purpose for a Christian marriage that determines the success of a marriage, not that of man.

So it's up to choose who will be the head of your home, but if it's not Christ, do not expect Him to also act as the Head, because He cannot share His position or authority in any marriage or home with anyone. It's either Him in charge or not Him.

God bless.

Either way you put it.. you can say God is the head of the home & the man is the head of the family. It’s still the same.

Note that even when one is the head, that doesn’t mean master-slave relationship like assumed by some people. It’s rather a home where both communicate in order to make sound decisions for the family as a whole.
Just like a company has a head and a church also has a leader... same with committees and teams.
If one strays... as in the example you gave (the head), it dawns on the other to try and bring them back to the right path. It doesn’t mean dominance of the head to ONLY make decisions, even when detrimental. That’s why every marriage requires communication not one bossing the other.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Kay25(m): 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
The head of any home is the husband not christ don't shift your responsibility on christ christ is the head of the church he is the husband to the church..husband and wives who are part of christ are the body of christ which is called the bride of christ that's why Paul told them to copy what is laid of in the pattern of how jesus loves the church so that every husband does the same too In his home
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by thinkmoney(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

I shake my head for u
U live in the past and have lost touch with present reality
That's why I say u are shallow minded. The past, the present and even the future are linked together.
One of the sure standard of measuring somebody that is wise, is to find out if the person have the realisation that there is GOD and he has a personality. Only a fool will look at a match box and say that it came by chance, not to talk of this universe and the many diverse and complex living things in it. This being that we refer to as God has far more understanding and power than us and he put down precepts that he is certain will benefit us here and in the reformed world he is bringing about. How do we know this precepts? One way is to look at nature! How many animals do you know that the male ain't the leader? But u want to unwittingly debase yourself and bring yourself lower than an animal while wanting some foolish, shortsighted and injurious liberty.
May God that created you, help u.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by maureensylvia(f): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
Akuruoulo:

I WISH YOU THE BEST IN UR MARRIAGE

Dalusoo
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by maureensylvia(f): 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
thinkmoney:

Why can't u guys use una head is it very hard to use common sense these days? Has alot of you folks become sick mentally.
Dont you know that the family is an organisation and like every organisation has hierarchy? The husband is naturally the physical head if he is ABLE to foot the bill or not (children doors some families bills), while christ is the head of all good organisations, family and church included (don't you know that the family is even a unit of the church?), and what's more, christ is able to foot every bill and he infact does. Or who has ever paid for the breath they are given?!

SMH
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by illicit(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
thinkmoney:

That's why I say u are shallow minded. The past, the present and even the future are linked together.
One of the sure standard of measuring somebody that is wise, is to find out if the person have the realisation that their is GOD and he has a personality. Only a fool will look at a match box and says it come by chance, not to talk of this univers and the many diverse and complex living things in it. This being that we refer to has God has far more understanding and power than us and he put down precepts that he is certain will benefit us here and the reformed world he is being about. How do we know this precepts? One way is to look at nature! How many animals do you know that the male ain't the leader? But u want to unwittingly debase yourself and bring yourself lower than an animal while wanting so foolish, shortsighted and injurious liberty.
May God that created you, help u.

U are too low, I can't even reason with u

Ur insults belong to u and ur stupid god
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by godofuck231: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
Even in heaven Christ is the chief priest , heading the 25 elders of heaven , so it’s the father of the house or the husband
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by AbujaCitiBlog: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband?

There cannot be two heads of a Christian home, for a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24

Therefore It has to be one or the other, so which is it?

I have heard some say or seen a written message in some homes, "Christ is the head of this house." On the other hand, i have also heard some claim that the husband is the head of the home or marriage, therefore I would like to know which is really true, since both cannot be right at the same time.

If Christ is the head of the home, then both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to the authority of Christ. But if it's the husband instead, then the woman has to submit herself to the authority of the husband.

My own belief is that Christ ought to be the head of every Christian home, so both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to His own authority.

Anything contrary to that is not of God, but of men or the devil, hence it would only lead to dangerous repercussions in the home, as it was in the beginning when the husband and wife both rejected the authority of Christ, even the Word of God that was in the beginning, and chose to listen and heed the voice of someone else.

Although the marriage didn't end up in a divorce as a result, and they wear yet able to bear children, it became a total failure as the purpose for which God made the marriage, which was to multiply sinless children (those born in obedience), was not achieved.

It also led to hostility in the marriage, because the same man who loved his wife and called her "the bone of my bones" and "flesh of my flesh", now saw her as an enemy or a stranger called "the woman you gave me". Genesis 2:23; 3:12

So the authority and head of a Christian home, as God made it to be in the beginning, ought to be the Word of God which Christ is, and that's one of things which was in the beginning that Christ came to restore. Therefore taking that authority from Him and giving it to someone else, including the husband, would only prevent the purpose of God concerning the marriage from being fulfilled, and could also lead to hostility among the married couples.

That's what would have happened in the marriage of Smith Wigglesworth, as the husband thought he was the head of their home, and had authority over his wife, hence tried to use it against her and to prevent her from serving God as she ought to, when he derailed from the faith.

But thank God he had a wife who knew that he was just her husband, not her Head or Head of their marriage, but Jesus, as she'd let Him know. So he couldn't make her do things contrary to what Christ demands of her, because she was meant to be under Christ's authority, not his.

This eventually led to her husband's restoration to the faith, and for this reason he loved appreciated his wife much more than he'd ever done beforehand, because what he learnt from the wife in the process was an invaluable lesson, which had not only helped to restore him, but also made him to be a better vessel for God's use, and better husband for his wife and marriage.

That's what many Christian' marriage stands to lose whenever someone else is put in the placed of Christ as the Head of a Christian home. It ends up more or less as the marriage in the beginning, when God's purpose for the marriage was not achieved.

And once that purpose is not achieved, the marriage become a total failure even if it doesn't end in divorce and they're yet having children as Adam and Eve, because God purpose for a Christian marriage that determines the success of a marriage, not that of man.

So it's up to choose who will be the head of your home, but if it's not Christ, do not expect Him to also act as the Head, because He cannot share His position or authority in any marriage or home with anyone. It's either Him in charge or not Him.

God bless.
You are an evil man preaching the doctrine of demons attached to feminism. Christ is the head of every Christian. In a Christian home however, the husband is the head of the home!

You are a foolish feminist masquerading as a Christian.
Christ is the head of every person even, whether Christian or not believer or unbeliever. He is the head of all principalities and power. But in a home setting the HUSBAND IS THE HEAD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by AbujaCitiBlog: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
TechNana:
The head of every home whether christian or not is the husband according to primary setup plan from the Devine.

Christ or whatever supreme being the family believes in, comes as secondary. According to Christianity, Christ is the head of the church not the home, I stand to be corrected though.

In other ways if you'd got good internet gadgets and you're not earning @least 2,500 ngn on a daily basis from your online activities then you're behind.
Reach out to T-elegram, search and join "VFL DAIRY"
I'd be dropping free tutorials on how you can achieve daily income via VFL...
You are correct.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by thinkmoney(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

U are too low, I can't even reason with u

Ur insults belong to u and ur stupid god
Go your way...we will all come to an end sooner rather than later and then u may have to explain that you knew about how u came to this world and you may also explain how you, having had the ability to read and take in knowledge became so foolish and ungrateful as to dismiss that an intelligent creator/mind is behind all these grand things you see around.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by illicit(m): 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
thinkmoney:

Go your way...we will all come to an end sooner rather than later and then u may have to explain that you knew about how u came to this world and you may also explain how you, having had the ability to read and take in knowledge became so foolish and ungrateful as to dismiss that an intelligent creator/mind is behind all these grand things you see around.

U serve a bastard god, nincompoop

U can't even think straight anymore
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by thinkmoney(m): 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

U serve a bastard god, nincompoop

U can't even think straight anymore
You have here shown everybody how you think. I personally have diagnosed mental and emotional state. Are you having a good relationship really with anybody? Dont you feel depressed in lonely moments? Arent you finding it hard to find answers to somethings?
May God help you
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Ishilove: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2021
We just create unnecessary complications and confusions. Even the scripture says the man is the head of his home, as Christ is the head of the church. The woman submits to the authority of her husband, and in a Christian home they both submit to Christ. Shikena. I don't know which long story the op is writing.

As for those saying whoever foots the bills is the head, please know that irrespective of who foots the bills, the man remains the head of the home. It is divinely ordained and no amount of carnal analysis will change this fact.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by illicit(m): 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2021
thinkmoney:

You have here shown everybody how you think. I personally have diagnosed mental and emotional state. Are you having a good relationship really with anybody? Dont you feel depressed in lonely moments? Arent you finding it hard to find answers to somethings?
May God help you

Go fvck ur god

Or he fvck u, anyhow
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Obansy112(m): 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jesus christ never marry now, where he go get experience to manage family.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2021
Thank you, Almighty Father.

❤❤❤❤

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? / Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification / I'm Losing Faith In Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.