Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:33 PM

Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) (1017 Views)

SA Responds To Burna Boy BET Award Amidst Beef With Sho'Madjozi (TWEETS) / K.michelle Talks About Her Body Image As She Shares New Videos After Surgeries / Sahar Tabar Undergoes 50 Surgeries To Look Like Angelina Jolie (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2021
The Department of Correctional Services (DCS) says it is unable to predict a discharge date for former president Jacob Zuma, who was admitted to an outside hospital earlier this month.

He is currently serving a 15-month prison sentence in the Estcourt Correctional Centre in KwaZulu-Natal for contempt of court.

Department spokesperson Singabakho Nxumalo said Zuma had undergone a surgical procedure on Saturday, "with other procedures scheduled for the coming days".

"As a result, DCS is unable to predict a discharge date as our priority at this stage is for Mr Zuma to be afforded the best care possible," he said.

"As inmates are placed in correctional centres involuntarily, the state has a total and inescapable responsibility and duty to care for them in a manner that does not violate or compromise their constitutional rights, which include access to health care."

Nxumalo appealed for people to refrain from speculating on Zuma's health "and allow medical practitioners space to continue providing quality healthcare to him".

A high-level military doctor recently told prison and prosecuting authorities that Zuma had suffered a "traumatic injury" late last year, and now needed "extensive emergency treatment" and six months of care to restore his health

Zuma has previously claimed he survived a poisoning attempt during this tenure as President.

Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2021
Social media reactions

Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by Kriss216: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2021
Forget, Laws are for the poor.

3 Likes

Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
Most social media comments believe this is a stunt

Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by ojun50(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
Him lost wey una dey fine am
Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
Zuma supporters also adding their voice

Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by tutudesz: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
TMKsouth:
The Department of Correctional Services (DCS) says it is unable to predict a discharge date for former president Jacob Zuma, who was admitted to an outside hospital earlier this month.

He is currently serving a 15-month prison sentence in the Estcourt Correctional Centre in KwaZulu-Natal for contempt of court.

Department spokesperson Singabakho Nxumalo said Zuma had undergone a surgical procedure on Saturday, "with other procedures scheduled for the coming days".

"As a result, DCS is unable to predict a discharge date as our priority at this stage is for Mr Zuma to be afforded the best care possible," he said.

"As inmates are placed in correctional centres involuntarily, the state has a total and inescapable responsibility and duty to care for them in a manner that does not violate or compromise their constitutional rights, which include access to health care."

Nxumalo appealed for people to refrain from speculating on Zuma's health "and allow medical practitioners space to continue providing quality healthcare to him".

A high-level military doctor recently told prison and prosecuting authorities that Zuma had suffered a "traumatic injury" late last year, and now needed "extensive emergency treatment" and six months of care to restore his health

Zuma has previously claimed he survived a poisoning attempt during this tenure as President.
African politicans and medical issues during Corruption cases is funny O!
Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
tutudesz:

African politicans and medical issues during Corruption cases is funny O!

We thought he was done with delay tactics but seems he's still got a trick or two up his sleeve. I'm just troubled as to why the state is playing along undecided Makes one think he really must be sick or having unnecessary surgeries just to stay out of jail.

Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by tutudesz: 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2021
TMKsouth:

We thought he was done with delay tactics but seems he's still got a trick or two up his sleeve. I'm just troubled as to why the state is playing along undecided Makes one think he really must be sick or having unnecessary surgeries just to stay out of jail.
After the surgery, he will need more time to recover undecided 6 months over already
Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by TMKsouth: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2021
tutudesz:

After the surgery, he will need more time to recover undecided 6 months over already

True that, but I think that has already been factored in. I'm not ruling out medical parole at some point.

Let's hear what the Justice Minister says in the coming hours - he's in for a rough ride with the media and opposition.
Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by TMKsouth: 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2021
Media reports

Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by theTranscriber: 2:20am On Aug 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

you still here?
I thought you gone undecided shocked
Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by TMKsouth: 2:45am On Aug 16, 2021
theTranscriber:
you still here?
I thought you gone undecided shocked

Yeah, every now and then I take a bit of a break. I haven't seen u either til yesterday elsewhere posing as someone else (interpreter). Was your entire arsenal banned? U need to change your life and become a better person o. cheesy
Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by theTranscriber: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yeah, every now and then I take a bit of a break. I haven't seen u either til yesterday elsewhere posing as someone else (interpreter). Was your entire arsenal banned? U need to change your life and become a better person o. cheesy
lol
the mods are dumb
they love witch-hunting me

1 Like

Re: Zuma Likely To Spend 6 Months In Hospital After "Surgeries" - SA Responds (PIX) by Nuelito: 7:21am On Aug 17, 2021
It seems South Africa na the African version of Afghanistan

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Reveals His Face To His Oyinbo Client And Laugh Throughout / Young Justice Season 4 Episode 14 / Davido Buys Mercedes Benz Maybach 2022 SUV Worth 148,9 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.