Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Nigeria: A Country That Once Had Milk And Honey In Abundance. What Changed? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigeria: A Country That Once Had Milk And Honey In Abundance. What Changed? (406 Views)

Sweeter Than Honey (18+) / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country / 10 Pictures That Clearly Illustrates How Time Has Really Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: A Country That Once Had Milk And Honey In Abundance. What Changed? by Kolisky(m): 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2021
Note: I’m new in this writing stuff. Therefore, kindly put me through wherever that’s needed. Thanks as you do so

Nigeria: A country that once had milk and honey in abundance. What changed?

Kayode Kolawole [Writer]

Was Nigeria ever a Country that flows with milk and honey or rather some assumptions made by individuals who has lived or perhaps has lived their whole lives or almost halves their lives in peaceful and orderliness, thinking when they kick the buckets, it would be forever peaceful and orderly as it were during their lifetimes.

Wasn’t Nigeria’s problems from its inception?
Can we blame it upon the Whites for granting us freedom?
Or, however, we should castigate the satiable and insatiable leaders for an act of incompetency?
Or, better still, blame her citizens for the progressiveness and non-progressiveness of their actions?

We read in the history how indefatigable men fought for the freedom of this Country and how their efforts was crowned, by granting us independence. We heard and read how Slavery was a story not to write home about.

We should then conclude that our independence denotes a commencement of sufferings and unbearable wickedness. By examining it thoroughly, we are quite lagging behind as to what other developing countries are capable of achieving in this 21st Century. May I ask where we got it all wrong?

Just imagine a 60 years old Man still crawling or rather say He or She still drifting aimlessly, steadfastly still hoping for a successful career. What would you say to such Man? Would you say it’s too late to cry when the head has been cutoff or he’s still faced with doors of opportunities?

We don’t need to be pessimistic of what the future holds for Nigeria, but Judging by the apparent horrors that befell this country, it’s becoming hopeless for the pessimists. Murders, hike in price of a commodities, bad governance, kidnapping, suicide, ethnicity attacks, et cetera. There’s a growing apprehension that developments might tarry by the unwanted incidence occurring each day.

One thing that’s quite certain, each day, we witness, read or hear of a gruesome news. We are all struggling for survival in this chaotic nation. How well do you think of those who lost their lives on this long survival of the fittest?

Constitution is now strictly meant for the poor people while the wealthy ones repudiate it. How lawless of a Nation!

Until we find some common ground, our Nation’s inglorious chapter continues if decisive measures and proactiveness fail to be put in play.

Thanks for reading

(1) (Reply)

Melting My Ceo Cold Heart - Feather's Stories / The Tea Digestive / Are We There Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.