Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? (812 Views)

Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? / See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? / "I Had Cancer, Was Given 2 Months To Live, Jesus Healed Me" - Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Hemanwel(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2021
Good day, beloved!

So I was going to work this morning and a preacher extended this handbill to me. Do you quite agree with these?

lalasticlala odogwu!

Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Kriss216: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2021
Safe to say no Nigerian will make Heaven?

2 Likes

Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by donbachi(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
No Jesus no heaven.
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Cof1ex(m): 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2021
Brethren, love is the key to heaven....
No allow them deceive you
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Hemanwel(m): 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2021
Cof1ex:
Brethren, love is the key to heaven....
No allow them deceive you
What about "Doing good works" and "Having good morals" ? Aren't these an extension of LOVE??
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Hemanwel(m): 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2021
Need I also say that keeping the commandments is, according to the Bible, a way of showing that you love God.

1 Like

Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Hemanwel(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kriss216:
Safe to say no Nigerian will make Heaven?
Including you
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Hemanwel(m): 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
Mr Righteousness2, you are highly needed here. Comman deposit.
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by obonujoker(m): 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2021
Lol
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by livingchrist: 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2021
He is right, God expect total perfection which no human can present.
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2021
Hemanwel:
Need I also say that keeping the commandments is, according to the Bible, a way of showing that you love God.
Jesus Christ did not preach to us the same standard that is the Old Covenant Law of Moses from which you get the 10 comandments(there are in fact 613 commandments in total) which the author of the Bible probably refers to there. Instead, Christ came to teach a New agreement- Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 32 - a different agreement from that defined in the Old Covenant Law of Moses. undecided

The New Covenant Law, Jesus Christ, is instead an agreement between God and individuals , Law in the Kingdom of God and this is the Law that all those who love Jesus Christ are required to live by if they are to have a share in the Kingdom of Heaven. undecided

The New Covenant Law is as taught by Jesus Christ Hismelf - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John- God’s Truth and standard as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned. undecided
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Righteousness2(m): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
True!

All that is listed on the tract are good but they will not guarantee us Eternal Life.

A Genuie relationship with the KING of kings, JESUS CHRIST is what will Guarantee us Heaven.
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Ever8090: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2021
Maybe paying of tithe to daddy G.o is the only thing that can get you to heaven
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Splinz(m): 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
To start with, going to heaven is not the reward of the saved. This nullifies the argument already.

If the argument was that the 7 things can't saved one, then it's a valid argument. But of course, the writer must explain how those things can't save and what actually saves.

That means you must post the contents of the handbill. That is when it can be proven whether it is true or not.

1 Like

Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
Hemanwel:
What about "Doing good works" and "Having good morals" ? Aren't these an extension of LOVE??
Having what you call good morals means nothing where God's Truth, the New Covenant Law and standard in the Kingdom of God, is concerned. undecided

Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments- John 14 vs 23 - 25 and He also declared that those who are His friends are those who do as He tells them to do - John 15 vs 14. undecided

So all "moral" laws not of Jesus Christ, including all your traditional laws , are meaningless as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned. undecided
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Hemanwel(m): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2021
Splinz:
To start with, going to heaven is not the reward of the saved. This nullifies the argument already.

If the argument was that the 7 things can't saved one, then it's a valid argument. But of course, the writer must explain how those things can't save and what actually saves.

That means you must post the contents of the handbill. That is when it can be proven whether it is true or not.

Your first sentence, though!
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Hemanwel(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2021
Righteousness2:
True!

All that is listed on the tract are good but they will not guarantee us Eternal Life.

A Genuie relationship with the KING of kings, JESUS CHRIST is what will Guarantee us Heaven.
. This has been the basis of your messages on this platform. Nice.

1 Like

Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Splinz(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2021
Hemanwel:
At the bolded: Are you seriously serious?

I am serious. The Bible means what it says and says what it means. It is no joke.

I know it sounds strange to your ears hearing that the Bible does not teach that the reward of the saved is to go to heaven. But that is the truth, proven straight from scriptures.

The reward of the saved is actually something much more greater and exciting than the boring tales of going to heaven. What exactly are you going to do in heaven? Any idea? smiley
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Cof1ex(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2021
Love is very far from those...
Love is Divine..
Love is more than physical expression...

Hemanwel:
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2021
Cof1ex:
Love is very far from those...
Love is Divine..
Love is more than physical expression...

Anyone can write anything about love but in the context of the Kingdom of God, what does it all mean? undecided

Some postulate it has to do with loving all of humanity, the way an average Joe would process it that is, but that is much different from Jesus Christ Himself did. So what is all this you talk of love? undecided
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2021
Very true. Only accepting Christ as your personal Lord and savior; acknowledging he died for you will take you to heaven.

Consider Cornelius in the book of Act 10. Where God sent Peter to Cornelius to preach to him to accept Christ so that he won't perish despite his good works and alms to the poor which God Himself acknowledged.

God saw his good works was not going to take him to heaven. Which is what this tract is saying..

1 Like

Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Uyi168: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2021
Africans Sha..
Who dash una heaven

1 Like

Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2021
Uyi168:
Africans Sha..
Who dash una heaven
So the Africans whose helped sell their own brothers, mothers, sisters, fathers , children, etc., into slavery are better source on information about Heaven than those they sold their kin to? undecided
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Uyi168: 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So the Africans whose helped sell their own brothers, mothers, sisters, fathers , children, etc., into slavery are better source on information about Heaven than those they sold their kin to? undecided
Na you know..

1 Like

Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
Uyi168:
Na you know..
Na lie? undecided
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Uyi168: 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Na lie? undecided
I nor know.
But una go wait tire. grin
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2021
Uyi168:
I nor know.
But una go wait tire. grin
How you take know say dem go wait tire? No be the same death carry you and dem at the end? Dem tell you say that the dead are "waiting"? undecided
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Uyi168: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How you take know say dem go wait tire? No be the same death carry you and dem at the end? Dem tell you say that the dead are "waiting"? undecided
Baby girl, try leave me small.
E get why.
Re: See The Handbill That Was Given To Me Today. Do You Agree? by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2021
Uyi168:
Baby girl, try leave me small.
E get why.
baby what? undecided

Anyways, Again...How you take know say dem go wait tire? No be the same death carry you and dem at the end? Dem tell you say that the dead are "waiting"? undecided

(1) (Reply)

How Do Christians Interprete This Yahweh Verses? / Is Truth Relative? / Pastor Jerry Eze Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.