Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry (28211 Views)

Lota Chukwu Steps Out In Cleavage-Baring Outfit / Lota Chukwu And Her Dogs Celebrate Children's Day (Photos) / Lota Chukwu 'KIKI' Opens Up On Beef Between Toyo Baby And Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by CuriousMynd: 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nollywood actress Lota Chukwu has reacted to a fan’s speculation that women in Nollywood can afford a more luxurious lifestyle than their male counterparts because they earn more than them, Igbere TV reports.

“Can’t remember the last time an actor bought a mansion for himself. We keep overlooking the massive gender pay gap in Nollywood, it’s unfair,” Yemihazan wrote on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Yemihazan/status/1426136521590157313?s=19

The 31-year-old while reacting to the comment on Monday stated that men in Nollywood should pursue multiple means of livelihood just like the women.

“Perhaps(more) men in Nollywood should also pursue multiple streams of income,” she wrote.

https://twitter.com/TheLotaChukwu/status/1426303740894658565?s=19

Lota gained popularity after starring in the popular TV series, Jenifa’s Diary alongside Funke Akindele, Juliana Olayode and Falz.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by TossTos: 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
I Dont see any gender pay gap there . The other gender were gifted with what to make more money to get those mansions and cars .

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by BlessedNuel: 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2021
Make I adjust my glasses before something go enter my eyes

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by elonmuskbaby: 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
She's right cool

People should stop Insinuating small girl big god thrash.women too are innovative, creative and hardworking

Its only a pained or envious man that will think every woman that accomplished something good was because of her vagina

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by Snitch24(m): 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2021
She's very correct
How many sugar mummy do the guys have
If any
Can they sponsor them on a trip to Santorini

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by Ceenachi: 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2021
Just like when you are dating a youth copper. She will save her 33k then follow you to spend your own

213 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by DrGill(m): 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Multiple Stream of Income = Clitocurrency

Like if you share
Share if you don't

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by lordempire(m): 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Selling bodies upandown

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by Fryzi(m): 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Actress is one of the most lucrative business one should venture into. Just one Asaba village movie, boom! You start owning homes, exotic cars & traveling around the world.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by NwaNimo1(m): 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2021

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by SmartPolician: 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Men's obsession with sex and women's bodies has helped women lead a richer life. By virtue of being a beautiful woman, you get lots of favours from the male folks. Well, Nollywood women are no exception.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by wunmi590(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
shocked

Lota abi what is your name, you better keep shut there...

So clitocurrency is now other stream of income...

You don't have sense

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by Theicecode(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nollywood actress earn alot because the future is female

4 Likes

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by J2381: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
Multiple stream of income like what exactly? Hope you ain't thinking what I'm thinking? grin cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by beauty7: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
Some men have the chance to get intimate with rich women and be changed, but they refused.

Maybe they feel insulted that a woman can change their lives.

But women don't feel that way.

They are open to kindness from the male gender.

There was a time that some top women in Akwa Ibom state announced that young boys and girls should apply to join a certain group (I forget the name of the group).

During the application, you have to state your age.

They wanted to make sure that everyone selected was young and between the ages of 20 and 35.

So many young men and women applied.

But the women selected nearly 99% of males and only about 2 females.

My elder sister applied but was not selected.

All males who applied were selected.

My brother was selected and the first meeting between the women (who were made up of female commissioners, business women and female politicians) and the young people took place at Sun center in Ewet housing estate,Uyo.

My brother said that at the meeting, most young men expressed sadness that why should women start a group with mostly young males as members.

What were the women looking for,they asked.

Because of the way they queried the women, the group could no longer continue as expected.

The point was that the women actually wanted some males who would be intimate with them.

They wanted males that would be close to them.

But the young males turned down every thing.

But if it is women,they would not see anything wrong in that.

When they start enjoying the fruit of their closeness to rich men,it is still the males that will start complaining that women are being favoured.

The only disadvantage is that the closeness could lead to immorality which is sinful.

It is even better to stay poor than to commit sin to get money.

I am not justifying immorality to get money, but I was only trying to explain why men don't seem to be buying houses and cars as compared to women.

Another thing is that so many women are very hard-working, that is why they acquire these things.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by DisLifeSha: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
I so much love her oily boobs

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by DropsMic(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
Multiple streams of income e.g pussycurrency trading.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by ruggedtimi(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
Who dey buy mansion for these Nollywood actresses .... tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by Hateandthunder: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ff
Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
“Perhaps(more) men in Nollywood should also pursue multiple streams of income,” she wrote
Gbamsolutely!!!

We said the below over 2 years ago here.
Again,

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by ikllbrokehoes(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
Only if Nollywood actors have "Clito-currency", fastest way to be rich.

I guess they will be building mansions like their female colleagues
grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by bluefilm: 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ashawo dey pay na

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by Olaoluwa112(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
nothing stopped the men from having multiple surger mummies too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by Baawaa(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
The 31-year-old while reacting to the comment on Monday stated that men in Nollywood should pursue multiple means of livelihood just like the women.
Men don't have hole

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by cosse(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
SOME PPL CANT RECOGNIZE SARCASM EVEN IF IT SMACKED THEM ON THE FOREHEAD WITH A BASEBALL BAT!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by Kingpele(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
Wow,u don mean it ,so all this fine actors should turn into that foolish guy bobrisky before they can get enough money..the other day I saw an actor I thought should be DOING great cos of the years he put in to this nollywood industry at camp
Spare parts in Enugu bargaining like poor market women over some parts he wanted to buy ..I was surprised ,when he left ,the attendant told me that he respected himself because of how I was hailing him..I was really disturbed..men should depart from this poverty industry and learn a trade ..Am tired of typing RIP for the actors

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by Slickest(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
All i see is the comment, valid comment there.
Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by Es350: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2021
Make I no just talk my mind on this topic. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lota Chukwu Reacts To 'Gender Pay Gap' In Nollywood Industry by alejocc: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2021
sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyin Aimahku Addresses Her Marital Crisis - Reconciles With Her Hubby / Uche Jombo Celebrates 42nd Birthday (Photos) / Phyno Celebrates His 35th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.