Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,779 members, 7,806,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo (611 Views)

Enugu 2019: Fear In Government House As Gov. Ugwuanyi Loses Control To Nnamani / Udom Emmanuel Receiving Bukola Saraki In Government House, Uyo (More Photos) / Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo by murecool(m): 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has said that his primary assignment in government is to serve the people and honour God.

Prof. Osinbajo stated this on Sunday during the 65th birthday and retirement thanksgiving service for a notable Nigerian pilot, Capt. Usman Saleh Yahaya, which was held at ECWA Goodnews Church, Maitama, Abuja yesterday.

The VP said, “the scriptures say that we are the salt of the earth. Every time people ask me, they say, oh, why are you in government? And I say, why not?

“The calling of God upon our lives is that we must be in service. What is the point of light if it is kept under a bushel? What’s the point of salt if it does not go into the soup? If it is afraid of soup, what kind of salt is that?

“The scriptures say that we are the salt, so we should play the role of the salt. Now, salt is to make things better.

The VP then extended the issue to the church as an organization saying “it is the duty of the church never to lose hope. As a matter of fact, the only reason why hope is one of the central pillars of the church is because the history of mankind, the history of people, started from hopelessness. That is why we are there to give hope.”

Expressing optimism in the country’s bright future, Prof. Osinbajo added, “I’m very confident that no matter what we are seeing today, our country will be great. I’m very confident that as the Scriptures say, weeping may endure for a night, but surely joy will come in the morning.”

Indeed prominent Nigerians from all walks of life have continued to praise Osinbajo for his service and dedication as Nigeria’s number two citizen. Some have even described him as the best and most hardworking vice president Nigeria has ever had.

For instance in March this year, the Emir of Gombe, Alhaji Abubakar Shehu Abubakar III, commended the VP for his leadership and being a dependable ally to President Muhammadu Buhari.

“This demonstrates your own role in the Buhari administration and a lot of confidence that Mr President reports on you. We in the North are closely following your steady achievements; first as a successful law professor, a religious leader and now as the Vice President of Nigeria,” the Emir had said when Osinbajo paid him a courtesy visit.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/why-i-am-in-government-―-osinbajo/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo by FemolasticA: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
I just love this Man naturally!❣️
Re: Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo by Racoon(m): 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2021
You have no any trace of being light but monumental embarrassment and disgrace while in government Mr VP.To think that all the senseless persecution and killings of Christians took place under this murderous regime that you are part of is just unacceptable
Re: Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo by BigSarah(f): 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2021
Pretentious joker
Re: Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo by okefranci: 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2021
Being in government has really helped a lot because so many things have been revive through him
Re: Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
To those people especially the Christians who always say the VP is a Christian so he suppose to do this and that, this is your answer
Re: Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo by richiemcgold: 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fulani are killing your kinsmen everyday under your nose and you call yourself salt of the earth, what useless salt is that sir?
Re: Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo by annisy(f): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ok that is why you are in government!!!
Are you serving nigerians.,the answer is a big No with the death Accross the nation oga you are not serving Nigerians.....
Re: Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo by youngblaq: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2021
The scripture says this... the bible says that...
Oga pastor wey be politician, should we believe you?
Sha do, plenty families dey wait you as usual, make you start to dey go pay condolence visits...abi howfar na
Re: Why I Am In Government ― Osinbajo by Charmingrascal(m): 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
Osinbanjo God brought you so that you can rule Nigeria.

I guess that was why God sent Mbaka to tell us about Buhari's victory during last election.

God brought Buhari so make "star boy" PYO shine.

PYO 2023!!

(1) (Reply)

VAT: FIRS Threatens Taxpayers Amid Face-off With Rivers Government / Ihedioha May Never Be Imo Governor Again After This Decision By Owerri People / NASS Plots Against FG's Fresh Loans, May Halt Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.