Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. (44146 Views)

"If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:15am On Aug 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I never wanted to do masters programme after graduating this year.
But After writing AEM 521(Accounting and production Economics).
I have changed my mind today, I cannot allow my Efforts in this course to go in vain.

It took me 1hr to start solving.

I used one hr writing my name ...... Ogah Nkem daniel

CC: fynestboi

They are even lenient, asking you to answer at least one in every section.

There were courses I did where Section A would have like 10 difficult questions, and they will say answer all. Then there would be Section B with answer any four out of five questions. Then Section C and Section D. All under 3 hours.
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by faceland: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2021
OKOATA:
Bros you won’t understand why I said what I said, I wasn’t even referring to the masters part. I am just tired of Nigerian way of education, all we do is write exams upon exams and nothing to show for it in the educational sector. Agriculture, engineering na exams dem de write tired, instead of taking us through the main practical aspect but all we do is write and write. I just tired and at the end one foolish lecturer that finished with pass won’t even mark your papers right. I just tired ma guy.

I was trying to learn computer, they were writing code on blackboard. They want use to be memorizing what would happen next if we type so and so instead of demonstrating it so we know.
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by Dami12345: 11:17am On Aug 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I have changed my mind today, I cannot allow my Efforts in this course to go in vain.

There's nothing hard about this.
If you read you should have no problem.
It easy.
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by JOACHINpedro: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2021
clumsydyna:

Bros, "who masters epp"? Most of us with a master's degree end up being unemployed because, most organisations prefer cheap labour and can't afford to pay the expected remuneration for qualified hands.
Are you serious?
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:20am On Aug 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:

What I know is that am doing masters

Please do.
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by 900warriorz: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2021
[url]...and some bastards sons of thousand fathers would say Economics is easier than Accounting cheesy una never jam[/url]
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by yusluvad(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2021
Do whatever that rocks your boat...
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by faithfull18(f): 11:31am On Aug 17, 2021
Having a masters is good, at least for bragging rights if not for anything.
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by stephenponti(m): 11:35am On Aug 17, 2021
VTJN:
smiley smiley smiley

You start your sermon well, but end am badly

Which one be "ask Buhari" smiley smiley
Lol my brother na 50-50 the economic situation in Nigerian demands divine wisdom.
If the op has a sponnsor to fall back to 4 years after the masters prog he can go ahead with the masters. If he is An ajikpako he should learn a lucrative skill or venture into other sources of income.
If he secure a good paying job with his current qualification he can still do the masters as he progress in his career.

In fact if i be op i will take advantage of the burning desire to do masters and seek out the admission abroad at least there he stand a good chance to earn better if he gets res permit.

Why i mention Buhari is because here in Nigerian certificate is just formality na who you know. Oya provide Buhari WAEC Results make we see?
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by VTJN(m): 11:37am On Aug 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:

wetin happen, Naso the course hard reach ni? 1 hr to write your name?

This must be seriously serious smiley smiley
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by jimtemi1: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2021
If u are over 30,and u are unemployed.still want to do your masters continue If Na me I go do business get married after 5yrs make I get time for my children make I no use old age they suffer for school fees
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by VTJN(m): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2021
stephenponti:

Lol my brother na 50-50 the economic situation in Nigerian demands divine wisdom.
If the op has a sponnsor to fall back to 4 years after the masters prog he can go ahead with the masters. If he is An ajikpako he should learn a lucrative skill or venture into other sources of income.
If he secure a good paying job with his current qualification he can still do the masters as he progress in his career.

In fact if i be op i will take advantage of the burning desire to do masters and seek out the admission abroad at least there he stand a good chance to earn better if he gets res permit.

Why i mention Buhari is because here in Nigerian certificate is just formality na who you know. Oya provide Buhari WAEC Results make we see?
smiley smiley smiley

You always give a brilliant point. Like I will also follow your advice to see how useful it is

But eh this your last phrase about bubu no be am o smiley
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by Hassanmaye(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2021
WoeBetide666:
Having a Masters means your chances of being unemployed have reduced
Are you sure sir
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by casspersteve: 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
Masters na escape plan to leave this country
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by lakefist(m): 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
Exkandayee:
Masters this masters that,who e help, you go still leave your course go dey work for bank idiot

LOL
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by Hassanmaye(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
2braithe:
Don't do the masters in Nigeria.
Even medical students who spend 7 years studying are being offered 30k a month job.
If not for financial buoyancy,only 7% of graduating medical students will remain in Nigeria.
1k instagram foreign followers available at a giveaway price.Whatsapp number in my signature!
I don't agree with your second statement if you say 60k in some private hospitals I will agree
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by udemzyudex(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
Smh wetin you go do for school sef?
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by Nijaghana: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
Remember say only you don use your hand call the spirit of stroke oo
Brod you start the master, Never for get to ask God for the mercy of forgiveness, because na only curse yourself, make you for no bend bfor your time oo and make u no dey carry dey curse yourself. Anyhow person.
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by iammolise(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
So people still doing masters in this appalling climes.
(hands on jaw...deep in thoughts).
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by Hassanmaye(m): 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
ICEWIN:

I agree with you bro.
all we do is just writing exam upon exam,but when it comes to the practical aspect we have nothing to dish out.
a friend of mine read computer science but believe u mean this guy is good but he have no experience on real practical stuff,like programming,webdeve etc,his project he have to pay someone to write code for him.
those who learn these courses are gainfully employ but with low income,but as a business deh earn more.
9ja graduate are scam.
I thought if someone study computer science he will be very good in practical o, you just scare me, I want to Go back and study computer science but this your statement is changing my mind to Go learn the real skill, since I already have a degree
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by RPirez: 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:

What I know is that am doing masters

Even do servants and slaves join, na you sabi. undecided
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by Hassanmaye(m): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
MercyBam:
Accounting doesn't need Masters except you want to become a lecturer. Accounting only need professional qualification(s) like ICAN, ACCA, CFA etc

Mind you, before you rush to do Masters, make sure age is on your side because after the masters you will still compete with 19 year old graduates in the same labour market that prioritize age more than additional degrees
Chai another wahala but is true.

Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by Hassanmaye(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
me without even primary school certificate dey receive higher payslip than what you can't imagine in 5 months in single month... so who is fooling who
What is your skill
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by Hassanmaye(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kobicove:

Pally having a Masters degree does not guarantee you anything especially if you do not have relevant work experience! undecided
Another true advice, Go for masters while ageing wahala, do masters without experience another wahala. Chai
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by ignis: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
Confused op
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by Oyindaberry(f): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
If you want to do it, make sure you do. You may have an opportunity in the nearest future and that can secure you a spot. I am a Masters degree holder in Industrial Chemistry, I do not regret having it. I might not have the best of jobs now but I’m working towards being more comfortable

1 Like

Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by hansomb: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
Where is the date and time
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by EndBuhariNow(m): 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

What is your skill
marine Engineer I work in a place where ships are built from scratch... we even built one of Nigeria recent war Ship.. I put my signature there
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by EndBuhariNow(m): 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
VTJN:
interesting

You must be swimming in money then. I hail thee
my brother u don't need masters to attain greatness... onyinbo no won see ur certificate nah wetin u fit do with ur hands they won see
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by fuke(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
OKOATA:
Bros you won’t understand why I said what I said, I wasn’t even referring to the masters part. I am just tired of Nigerian way of education, all we do is write exams upon exams and nothing to show for it in the educational sector. Agriculture, engineering na exams dem de write tired, instead of taking us through the main practical aspect but all we do is write and write. I just tired and at the end one foolish lecturer that finished with pass won’t even mark your papers right. I just tired ma guy.

I beg, which university employs lectures with ordinary pass.
Of course, if a lecturer with a pass trained, we won't ask for much from you
Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by ICEWIN: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

I thought if someone study computer science he will be very good in practical o, you just scare me, I want to Go back and study computer science but this your statement is changing my mind to Go learn the real skill, since I already have a degree
bro seriously nigeria value certificate thats why people value education in 9ja.
these my frnd is very good theorical aspect but it comes to practical aspect,f3 and f9.
i ask am why is it so,he said lecturer dont go deep in practical,jst basic.
he said the money he spent on sch he could have use to learn real life practical experience on computer (skills).
they only know how to operate computer,tell dem to pragram app 4 u zero,build website zero,people who excel in that course are people who are in sch at the same time learning the skills in their related field.
nigerian system wont giv u grace for you to choose your discipline either programming or webdev etc.
the funny part most of dem will be doing IT in useless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. by ICEWIN: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Continuation.
useless unrelated IT places.
instead of them to go and learn skill in their field.
all through my friend IT he only learnt how to fix computer wire and troubleshooting.
so bro i will advice u instead of going back to learn computer science just pour that money in learning real skills related to computer science and thank me later.
most guru and tech guys didn't learn it from school,they went extra mile far beyont school.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

48-Year-Old Sunday Dare Asefon Emerges NANS President / Pictures From My Convocation At UNN Yesterday! / One Year After: Another ASUU Strike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.