Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:32 AM

What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour (43264 Views)

What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio Resumes Work One Hour After Swearing-in (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by UselessBuhari: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nathan2016:

Read to Understand and not to react.

At the last paragraph, he said the pic was gotten from google
Did your brain nor tell you that might be added after my post?
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by gbagyiza: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2021
PlanToSucceed:
It's well in this country

Bro, I don't mean to attack you but I hate to hear does words. It is not well let us tell ourselves the truth. If Nigerians did not rise n take over their property from these wicked leaders,I am sorry nothing will change in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by naijalander: 8:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
Who will fight for the poor?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by HighChiefZino: 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2021
Please help me with the location, l will love to visit there myself.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by Divoc19(f): 8:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
Every country have their own challenges
This is ours
Some country worse pass Naija
Fi lęë

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by madjune(m): 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2021
The late Umaru Dikko foolishly alluded to the following scenario years ago when he argued that Nigerians weren't suffering since he hasn't seen anybody eating from the waste bins.

Years later, it's now a reality.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by Lamasta(m): 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2021
Its really really sardonic
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by yusluvad(m): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
This story is so so heartbreaking. May God come to our rescue...

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by TheGift: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
Scavenging is a global phenomenon, not only in Nigeria!
PlanToSucceed:
What I noticed when I observed public waste bin in less than one hour.

Witnessing the unfortunate situation today reminds of palliatives looting from various warehouses during #EndSARS last year and Lai Mohammed and Femi Adeshina later came out to say even though Nigerians were seen scampering for food items does not mean any Nigerians are eating from the waste bin. Today, I have a proof for them and their APC government.

So I left house this morning to meet someone who had promised to link me up with someone who can help my unemployed status. Having reached the place early enough, I called to notify but I was told to hang on there and I found a place and sat down.

Looking around, I noticed a public waste bin and in no time, condemned iron pickers with their truck entered the place and ransacked everywhere in search for iron and other condemned household items. While they were still there, some kids presumably homeless joined them in search for rotten food. I could see them picking things from the bin and directly into their mouths and until no other to pick again before they left. Just as though the bin has regained its freedom from the attack of the street urchins, immediately, I saw an elderly woman ransacking the same bin in search for woods presumably to be used as firewood (a kg of cooking gas now is N600 and Kerosene N450). While she was still trying to pick her interest, a man with wheelbarrow pushed into the place with a heap of cartons/paper materials. He parked and ransacked the same bin for cartons and any paper material thing. He greeted the elderly woman and they both had conversation which I really didn't know what they discussed before they finally left together.

As all these were happening, I had no choice than to still wait for "my helper". Before I knew, another set of women came to visit the same bin. These ones, their interest was on plastic bottles and nylon/waterproof materials. They picked as much was available before they left.

Not long from then, a new visitor to the bin was another child in search for rotten food not knowing early birds have already taken all that were available. I felt so bad and disturbing seeing what was going on there so I was eager to leave the place. Just then, the person called me that I should be going back to my house that the appointment can no longer hold today.

As I made move to pass the bin, the underage greeted me and added "Oga abeg help me with N50 make I take buy something chop". I felt pity for him. This boy is too young for this. Ideally, he should be under the care of his parents. Anyways, even though I was left with only my transport fare, I couldn't pass and I gave him N200.

Wow!!! Honestly I left the place very disappointed and broken down physically and mentally.

Disappointed due to the cancelled appointment and mental breakdown due to the gory site of where some Nigerians now resort to sourcing for means livelihood. Indeed, IMO, this country is a terrible place. It's structured to favour very few and that is why we are still the way we are today and until normalcy and sanity is forcefully returned by eliminating those who have spoilt and reduced the country to this mockery stage, I see no changes where some Nigerians would not have to sleep with empty stomach and start a new day by picking things from waste bins while others spend public funds sleeping in world best hotels in and outside the country.

As I'm typing this, I can't tell how many other persons have continued to visit the same waste bin afterwards and other waste bins in search for source of survival. Rather, this has forced me to ask myself, is this the dream of the founding fathers of Nigeria? Unemployment? Poverty? Frustration? Sourcing livelihood from thrash bins?

I rest my case!!!

Photo source: Google
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by AsawanaDgreat: 8:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
Our country Nigeria is in God's hand
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by BarrSly: 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
As much as I’ll agree with you that Nigeria is in a sorry state however this is a common scene in the Bronx New York
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by TWLifestyle: 9:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
As if people don't eat from bins in nearly every developed economy in the world. If you people want to ceiticicise at least do it with sense . Same people who dont want.to pay tax will be complaining about an undeveloped welfare system. When govt gives out N5000 to the very poor same people will still he complaining as if complaining is your full time job .
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by koolaid87: 9:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
May you found favour in the eyes of Men

Amen

Better dayz ahead

PlanToSucceed:

Witnessing the unfortunate situation today reminds of palliatives looting from various warehouses during #EndSARS last year and Lai Mohammed and Femi Adeshina later came out to say even though Nigerians were seen scampering for food items does not mean any Nigerians are eating from the waste bin. Today, I have a proof for them and their APC government.

So I left house this morning to meet someone who had promised to link me up with someone who can help my unemployed status. Having reached the place early enough, I called to notify but I was told to hang on there and I found a place and sat down.

Looking around, I noticed a public waste bin and in no time, condemned iron pickers with their truck entered the place and ransacked everywhere in search for iron and other condemned household items. While they were still there, some kids presumably homeless joined them in search for rotten food. I could see them picking things from the bin and directly into their mouths and until no other to pick again before they left. Just as though the bin has regained its freedom from the attack of the street urchins, immediately, I saw an elderly woman ransacking the same bin in search for woods presumably to be used as firewood (a kg of cooking gas now is N600 and Kerosene N450). While she was still trying to pick her interest, a man with wheelbarrow pushed into the place with a heap of cartons/paper materials. He parked and ransacked the same bin for cartons and any paper material thing. He greeted the elderly woman and they both had conversation which I really didn't know what they discussed before they finally left together.

As all these were happening, I had no choice than to still wait for "my helper". Before I knew, another set of women came to visit the same bin. These ones, their interest was on plastic bottles and nylon/waterproof materials. They picked as much was available before they left.

Not long from then, a new visitor to the bin was another child in search for rotten food not knowing early birds have already taken all that were available. I felt so bad and disturbing seeing what was going on there so I was eager to leave the place. Just then, the person called me that I should be going back to my house that the appointment can no longer hold today.

As I made move to pass the bin, the underage greeted me and added "Oga abeg help me with N50 make I take buy something chop". I felt pity for him. This boy is too young for this. Ideally, he should be under the care of his parents. Anyways, even though I was left with only my transport fare, I couldn't pass and I gave him N200.

Wow!!! Honestly I left the place very disappointed and broken down physically and mentally.

Disappointed due to the cancelled appointment and mental breakdown due to the gory site of where some Nigerians now resort to sourcing for means livelihood. Indeed, IMO, this country is a terrible place. It's structured to favour very few and that is why we are still the way we are today and until normalcy and sanity is forcefully returned by eliminating those who have spoilt and reduced the country to this mockery stage, I see no changes where some Nigerians would not have to sleep with empty stomach and start a new day by picking things from waste bins while others spend public funds sleeping in world best hotels in and outside the country.

As I'm typing this, I can't tell how many other persons have continued to visit the same waste bin afterwards and other waste bins in search for source of survival. Rather, this has forced me to ask myself, is this the dream of the founding fathers of Nigeria? Unemployment? Poverty? Frustration? Sourcing livelihood from thrash bins?

I rest my case!!!

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by Standing5(m): 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2021
PlanToSucceed:

I rest my case!!!

After that farmers will go for the rest, burn it, and use to enrich their farmland.
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 18, 2021
PlanToSucceed:

I rest my case!!!

I believe in God but sometimes question my faith when i see such inequalities and what his plan is exactly.
Please put up your account number so i can send you something small as replacement.Even in your troubles you thought of someone else.
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by emonis88: 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
Sai! Sai!! Sai!!! Baba!!!! We no dey hear d shouting again o! Hunger don clear d ordinary Nigerian eye, but some people r still spinning d lies , thinking it is business as usual, Nigerians just dey look, as d whole thing dey down grade dey go, nobody is fighting for the people any more, even those weh dey fight, don dey see dat d people, they r fighting for never even learn their lesson, cus they r preparing another sick old man for the coveted sit again, This was how d prophets were crying in d wilderness 7 yrs ago, warniy Nigerians , but they refused to hear, if Nigerians r not careful they il fall into dsame pit again, who knows if they make this same mistake again, if they il survive it, as for me n mine, God dey, them don dey tell them, now them no dey hear!!!!

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by almarthins(m): 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2021
HenryDion:

Why you didn't hear of suicide then was because the world wasn't as connected as it is today.

If not for the internet, you never would have imagined that people feed directly from bins.

There was never a time in history that it was better.

There was community connectivity based on mutual relationship. As they say bad news spread like fire. I still recall there was some succide cases. When one lover decides it over, the other couldnt carry on. Then commit succide.
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by naturefellow(m): 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
Zenithh:
Op did this take place in yankee or where??

i mean d environment clean die

looks like d beautiful city Calabar too abi na Lekki
photo source: Google undecided
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by naturefellow(m): 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
Afonjashapmouth:
Life can never be balanced. Get used to it
this is citizens living in penury. Not imbalance of life!
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by Rexymania(m): 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2021
Felt like crying...
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by Elsueno: 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2021

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by okrikaboi: 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lol and 6 months ago I was thinking of a system where citizens of each household/tenament would pay a fine to dispose their waste. We recycle the waste for more cash and anyone who violates the waste disposal/management act gets fined cool. You see despair we see opportunities maybe that's why you're unemployed. Life will never be fair!

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by PlanToSucceed: 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
koolaid87:
May you found favour in the eyes of Men

Amen

Better dayz ahead

Amen. Thank you.
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by caye(m): 11:45pm On Sep 18, 2021
Afonjashapmouth:
Really not hard to spot psychopaths...lack empathy and compassion. Selfish retards.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by fkj950ax(m): 11:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
It is AbokiFX fault.
He should come out and fight

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by drealcivilceno(m): 12:35am On Sep 19, 2021
Afonjashapmouth:

Mehn, in America it is a choice ooh...
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by armyofone(m): 12:36am On Sep 19, 2021
You just have to promise yourself you won't bring a child into this Nigeria world until you have a job and doing well

PlanToSucceed:

I rest my case!!!

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by caye(m): 5:10am On Sep 19, 2021
Adek15:
What I experienced yesterday was worse. I was coming back from work in a a commercial bus suddenly the driver stopped, apparently there was an accident, a bike man was hit by a car who ran away we were told and people were just there taking pics and feeling pity for the guy (some persons even knew him from conversations ongoing there). I quickly rushed down and told the driver to discharge every other passenger and we tried to put him in the small bus.
At that point his body was straight like who is dead but I can't really tell if he's still alive so I was to sit at the edge of the bus putting is leg on my leg while someone else hold his head. To my surprise everyone started leaving the scene and said I'll put myself in trouble that police will pin everything on me and the driver. The driver and I pleaded with them that if like 10 persons follow us to the hospital and explain the same thing, that cannot happen but our pleading fell on deaf ears. We had no choice than to drop him back beside the road. I've never been so close to a "lifeless body" in my life. I felt traumatised and helpless.

I can't raise kids in this country. People are mentally dead.

How did we get to this point?

If you read Tai Solarin's autobiography; To Mother With Love, he said a stranger took him on a very long journey to see his father, who he never knew from birth as a primary school kid, yet the man ( a driver) never thought of using him for blood rituals.

Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe was sent abroad by community funds. Those were signs of love and care within the Afriqan community.

To now get to a point where we leave ourselves to die on the road, shows that " Things have fallen apart, and the centre cannot hold " anymore.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by suffering: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2021
Okay then.
Re: What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour by Ken4agent(m): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2021
So sad......my experience too was the day I saw destitute, blind men/women, handicap men/women, plenty hopeless children, very dirty looking fellows(aka were) and many others all of them looking horrible and hungry and on a queue to collect food distributed by a folk who just highlighted from a jeep

The sight sent lots of mix feelings to me as I was looking at the scenes

The Question that came to my mind after processing all that I just sighted was:

"At what point did we mixup our steps in this country" ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cattle Colony: Kogi Hands Over 15,000 Hectares Of Land To FG / Boko Haram Hired Mercenaries Killed After Attacking Soldiers In Borno. Photos / Sanusi Response To Ganduje's Query "N3.4bn Fraud"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.