Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner (3615 Views)

Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South, A Nairalaner's View / Fight At House Of Representatives PIB Public Hearing / Buhari Submits PIB To National Assembly, Scraps NNPC, PPPRA In New Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 17, 2021
COMPAQ:

Let me educate us. The 3% that goes to communities is 3% of OPEX of all oil companies operating in the Niger Delta , while the 30% is on profits of NNPC.

There are at least 10 different JV's operating in the Niger Delta. You have the big ones operated by Shell, Total, Exxon and Chevron and smaller ones operated by Seplat, Aiteo etc.

The big JV's have OPEX budget of circa $600m to $1.2bln per year. Let's assume an average of $900m times 4 - that is $3.6bln of which 3% $108mln. And this is Conservative. It could easily get to $150mln per year.

NNPC profits on the other hand cannot be guaranteed. I'm not Sure NNPC has made any significant profit in decades and even after PIB, there is no guarantee that they will. NNPC could make profit this year, loss the next etc. And with the challenges in the industry, it will be a big surprise that NNPC can make up to $500m profit, which is what will be required for 30% to give it the same $150mln.

Therfore to simply equte 3%and 30% and be making noise on Nairaland is the usual shallowness of the typical Nigerian.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 8:09am On Aug 17, 2021
[quote author=kmcutez post=104879341][/quote]are u for real
Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 17, 2021
[quote author=kmcutez post=104879341][/quote]No matter the explanation, this is trash for me. 30% for oil exploration in the North is nonsense and shouldn't be accepted.

If 30% is budgeted to search for oil in the North, 30% should also be budgeted to search for oil in the South. Federal character principle must always be followed in everything, for any part not to feel left out.

If what I wrote is sounding like a bullshit to you, you should just accept it, since you have accept the bullshit of someone scoring 1/100 and still gaining admission into a federal school.

12 Likes

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
No matter the explanation, this is trash for me. 30% for oil exploration in the North is nonsense and shouldn't be accepted.

Yes, I agree with you.

6 Likes

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 17, 2021
adeniyiemmanuel:
are u for real

Yes.
Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
No matter the explanation, this is trash for me. 30% for oil exploration in the North is nonsense and shouldn't be accepted.

If 30% is budgeted to search for oil in the North, 30% should also be budgeted to search for oil in the South. Federal character principle must always be followed in everything, for any part not to feel left out.

If what I wrote is sounding like a bullshit to you, you should just accept it, since you have accept the bullshit of someone scoring 1/100 and still gaining admission into a federal school.

Men from the South should stop letting men from the North use them.

4 Likes

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by vedaxcool(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2021
Thank you for trying to make this forum more intelligible not a fools paradise. I kept reading one foolish comment after another spreading misinformation on this issue.

If PIB was as terrible as people claim many Southern legislators would have rejected it. This type of legislation are done with experts inputs .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by LibertyRep: 8:45am On Aug 17, 2021
But what stops the NASS and the FG from making this simple explanation?

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by overall90: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2021
The denominator in this whole charade is that there is no oil in the north,at least not in commercial quantities.if there were, the multinational oil companies would have been there minining oil several years ago instead of going offshore were it is more expensive and carries greater risks.
So invariably the 30% is for the North to flex in addition to the funds they have been stealing via having more states,more local governments,more national assembly members and being virtually in charge of anything that brings more for Nigeria.
It is well with the south.

9 Likes

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2021
LibertyRep:

Have you tried explaining things to a Nigerian? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Depressed101: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2021
[quote author=kmcutez post=104879341][/quote] stewpeed explanation without head nor tail
Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Oyiboman69: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2021
Educated illiterate

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
There is no oil in the north. So whether it is 30% or even 10% for exploration in the north, it's a waste of money.

3 Likes

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by FarahAideed: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
It still shows the oil Producing areas will be getting similar amount with the dry north ... Besides these northerners can never be trusted
Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by RiceProducers: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
FarahAideed:
It still shows the oil Producing areas will be getting similar amount with the dry north ... Besides these northerners can never be trusted

The North is not dry. Oil was found in the SS because that was where Nigeria looked for oil. Oil has been found in Niger, Chad and Sudan so saying there is no oil in the North of Nigeria is a puerile and necessarily sentimental statement. I agree that 30% of profits dedicated to looking for oil in the North is excessive. The tools, rigs and personnel costs of exploration in the North are much lower than Niger Delta. In any case, oil is winding down as a primary energy source so Nigeria should be following the trend and diversifying

2 Likes

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by FarahAideed: 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
RiceProducers:

The North is not dry. Oil was found in the SS because that was where Nigeria looked for oil. Oil has been found in Niger, Chad and Sudan so saying there is no oil in the North of Nigeria is a puerile and necessarily sentimental statement. I agree that 30% of profits dedicated to looking for oil in the North is excessive. The tools, rigs and personnel costs of exploration in the North are much lower than Niger Delta. In any case, oil is winding down as a primary energy source so Nigeria should be following the trend and diversifying

The dry I mean mining oil in the north is. Not economically viable , the cost per barrel will be too high to attract any Oil producing Company

5 Likes

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
overall90:
The denominator in this whole charade is that there is no oil in the north,at least not in commercial quantities.if there were, the multinational oil companies would have been there minining oil several years ago instead of going offshore were it is more expensive and carries greater risks.
So invariably the 30% is for the North to flex in addition to the funds they have been stealing via having more states,more local governments,more national assembly members and being virtually in charge of anything that brings more for Nigeria.
It is well with the south.
Letting the fantastically corrupt NNPC spend 30% overhead under the guise of Fronteir Exploration is a big mistake.This will be one the biggest future corruption cases.Don’t be surprised to see overheads such as royalties to unknown people,pipleline security contracts and other methods used to siphon the 30% amount set aside by the Northern elite.And this will be a recurring amount annually until oil becomes useless in Niger Delta:Isn’t it better the 30% be spent in the Niger Delta were oil has been found in commercial quantities.The oil majors and NNPC know there is no oil in commercial quantity in the north and is a simply a way of siphoning 30% of NNPC profits annually by the Arewa boys that terrorise Abuja with their Lamborghini,Bugatti and Ferraris.

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by kokoA(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2021
FarahAideed:

The dry I mean mining oil in the north is. Not economically viable , the cost per barrel will be too high to attract any Oil producing Company
Are you a professional in that field? Government can't make such decisions without inputs from professionals.

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by kokoA(m): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Letting the fantastically corrupt NNPC spend 30% overhead under the guise of Fronteir Exploration is a big mistake.This will be one the biggest future corruption cases.Don’t be surprised to see overheads such as royalties to unknown people,pipleline security contracts and other methods used to siphon the 30% amount set aside by the Northern elite.And this will be a recurring amount annually until oil becomes useless in Niger Delta:Isn’t it better the 30% be spent in the Niger Delta were oil has been found in commercial quantities.The oil majors and NNPC know there is no oil in commercial quantity in the north and is a simply a way of siphoning 30% of NNPC profits annually by the Arewa boys that terrorise Abuja with their Lamborghini,Bugatti and Ferraris.
NNPC has been unbundled by this bill. I will become a PLC with shareholders, i doubt if it will be bussiness as usual. I think we should just give this bill a chance.

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Genius100: 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2021
RiceProducers:

How do you know its excessive, when you don't know the profit amount? The profit has been zero in many of the previous years.

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by FarahAideed: 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2021
kokoA:
Are you a professional in that field? Government can't make such decisions without inputs from professionals.

Buhari is a Nepotistic man that can take many bad decisions , infact he is not known for making sound decisions and yes yes I once worked in the upstream as a staff of prominent world class Oil servicing that provided critical support to exploration processes so I understand that zone well
Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Genius100: 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Stop running naked in the public square. Its not "30% of overhead".. its 30% of profits. Profits are oftentimes zero.

3 Likes

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Positivepoint(m): 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

I don't see shouting the federal character during Olympics and football, basketball team all dominated by the South. If true u are fair, u should have questions why only southerners are representing Nigeria in Olympics etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
Positivepoint:

I don't see shouting the federal character during Olympics and football, basketball team all dominated by the South. If true u are fair, u should have questions why only southerners are representing Nigeria in Olympics etc.

I don't answer dull questions.

4 Likes

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by rottennaija(m): 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
LibertyRep:

They did. But lies flies faster than truth.

2 Likes

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Positivepoint(m): 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
I don't answer dull questions.
coz u re simply a racist dull fool.

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Demdem(m): 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
Fools keep shouting 3%, 30% since yesterday and when i ask.........percentage of what, they go dumb. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
Positivepoint:
coz u re simply a racist dull fool.
It seems you're pained because of what I write up there. But that is your problem.

Comparing our representative in the olympic, whereby the Nigerian athletes have to first compete with other Nigerians first, and then compete with other Africans before they could advance to the olympic, shows how daft and dull you're.

I hope this country will split someday, there is no way this country will develop with dull and foolish pigs like you.

I won't be exchanging words with a pig that is beneath me again. I won't read your next dull reply not to talk of replying.

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by Positivepoint(m): 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
It seems you're pained because of what I write up there. But that is your problem.

Comparing our representative in the olympic, whereby the Nigerian athletes have to first compete with other Nigerians first, and then compete with other Africans before they could advance to the olympic, shows how daft and dull you're.

I hope this country will split someday, there is no way this country will develop with dull and foolish pigs like you.

I won't be exchanging words with a pig that is beneath me again. I won't read your next dull reply not to talk of replying.

Which competition pure nepotism coz all the coaches are southerners.

The country is already separated but u ve to pay the full price first and u won't have it easy coz u people draw the first blood and we will draw the last. Piglet fool

1 Like

Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by ITbomb(m): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
Beautiful,
Now explain how oil producing areas with all the exploration risks and damages to waterways, air pollution, environmental degradation on daily basis will share the same 3% with communities that pipeline is passing through where pipeline damage or pollution is very rare
Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by kindlyheart: 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
whatever, it doesn't matter to me cause my papa land not get oil and I thank almighty God for that.
Re: PIB Bill: The 3% Vs 30%: As Explained By A Nairalaner by overall90: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2021
kokoA:

Sedco Forex which later became Transocean have been looking for oil in North since the 1980s and the findings are that the North don't have oil in commercial quantities.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confusion: Andy Uba, Uzodimma Attack Malami For Exposing Secret Plans / The Meaning Of The First Alphabet Found In The Name Of Military Aircraft / Peter Obi Lands In Bauchi State: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.