Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,851 members, 7,806,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? (9981 Views)

40k Monthly Permanent Job Or 80k Monthly Contract Job. Which Would You Choose? / Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by xgel: 5:18am On May 19, 2011
If given a complete freedom to start afresh, what profession would you choose and why?
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by iice(f): 5:20am On May 19, 2011
Something in movies. Cinematographer or Director.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Godmother(f): 6:48am On May 19, 2011
Medicine. I look @ female doctors these days and I get green with envy. Its a profession I actually wanted when I was much younger but I changed my mind along d way.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by xreal: 2:15pm On May 19, 2011
ARTs.
I mean pure art.
1) Performing arts.
2) Music, or
3) Hausa.

Reason: these are 'proffession' I LOVE practising at my leisure; and do compete with the scholars.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by AjanleKoko: 11:40am On May 20, 2011
I would have been an investment banker, and floated my own mutual fund grin
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by jaybee3(m): 11:48am On May 20, 2011
Probably a medical doctor, Don't know why i had to listen to the advice of not wanting to have 2 docs in a fam.
Do y'all know that medical doctor is about the only profession one is guaranteed a job after graduating.

I think only 0.1% of graduates with a medical degree are without employment 6 months after graduating in the UK.

They also earn big bucks cool

1 Like

Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by chamber2(m): 3:51pm On May 20, 2011
I studied Economics, if given another chance I would go for Economics or computer sci.Recently, i started developing interest in Investment Banking and hope to float mine in the future.Even though finance is an offshoot of Economics, I think am gradually losing my Econs skills.I may therefore go for another Masters in Econs after a few yrs of work.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by ugobanks: 11:22am On May 21, 2011
Computer sciences cos of programming.Its my life
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by olaolabiy: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I would have been an investment banker, and floated my own mutual fund grin

grin grin

I would have preferred Ponzi schemer, then  cheesy cheesy
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by bababuff(m): 9:29am On Jun 02, 2011
Politics.

Become a politician from day one. angry
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by yoboone(m): 9:33am On Jun 02, 2011
i would choose medical doc or accountant
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 02, 2011
President or Area boy!

1 Like

Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by ektbear: 9:39am On Jun 02, 2011
I'd have taken some more economics courses in college. But overall, I'm mostly happy with what I've chosen so far.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by MMM2(m): 9:45am On Jun 02, 2011
419 and drug business.
I dont mean yahoo yahoo !! angry

1 Like

Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by olaolabiy: 9:46am On Jun 02, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'd have taken some more [b]economics courses [/b]in college. But overall, I'm mostly happy with what I've chosen so far.
cheesy
The one you know don do.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by olaolabiy: 9:48am On Jun 02, 2011
My preferred profession: Duke of Niger Delta.

Rebate upon rebate

Oyel money oo - steady steady wink
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by MMM2(m): 9:49am On Jun 02, 2011
i will ask God 4 wisdom and knowledge 4,
419 and drug business.

1 Like

Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by jeffman(m): 9:54am On Jun 02, 2011
the topic is profession not course of study but i'll digress first.

i'll study Maths, Economics, Electrical Engineering.

maths gives u more options in profession than any other field - engineering, IT, Finance
An economist with a ACCA/CFA is more valued than one who read accounting woth same qualifications.
elect engr has the advantages of other engr plus the added benefit of safety (u cld easily go into IT and get small jobs while u wait for the big oil coy jobs)

for profession, Investment Banker (esp. private Equity, Risk Management), Reservoir Engr., Quant etc.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by KennyG6(m): 9:54am On Jun 02, 2011
Professional footballer, £100k a week for 2 hours training a day, sure beats spending 5 years learning how not to blow up a distillation column or refinery I cant help but envy Pique romping with Shakira the other day, damn it could have been me tongue

1 Like

Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by angelz(f): 9:58am On Jun 02, 2011
wuld choose to be a doctor. Ordinarily wuld av choose to be a lawyer,
but not appy with the way some doctors are handling healthcare in Nigeria.
Am a very patient person, so l'l be glad to help those that are in need of sound healthcare delivery.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by reindeer: 10:00am On Jun 02, 2011
I'd study theatre arts
Act on stage.
Dance like no tomorrow,
Right now being a doctor pays the bills but in my next life perhaps, i will be in the performing arts.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by William108(m): 10:08am On Jun 02, 2011
MUSIC & ME. My first love. Probably go to a music school, become a singer/producer. I still pray and wish i could do it in this life. Accounting is soooooooooooo boring for me but it pays the bills for now. I strongly believe God for a brighter future.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by lepa001(f): 10:14am On Jun 02, 2011
Engineering tongue tongue tongue
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by marcar(m): 10:21am On Jun 02, 2011
Doctor!!!
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by evilspirit: 10:24am On Jun 02, 2011
militant

1 Like

Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by evilspirit: 10:25am On Jun 02, 2011
marcar:

Doctor!!!

doctors are poor!!!!!!
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by marcar(m): 10:33am On Jun 02, 2011
evilspirit:

doctors are poor!!!!!!

It is not about money, Its about saving peoples life and interest
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by EvilBrain1(m): 10:35am On Jun 02, 2011
evilspirit:

doctors are poor!!!!!!

I, a poor doctor, approve of this post. If I could go back, I would definitely be a lawyer. Their work is interesting, diverse and pays extremely well if you're a sharp guy. Plus they don't have to deal with blood, obnoxious patients, screaming children or the risk of gettin HIV.

Nice username btw.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by Ekpoma1: 10:38am On Jun 02, 2011
An Economist anytime anyday. So passionate about it.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by BABE3: 10:40am On Jun 02, 2011
evilspirit:

doctors are poor!!!!!!

LoL--- Doctors get level o!  grin

@ Topic: I ain't going back. I'm just starting. I wanna be a Millionaire and a Gynecologist (OB/GYN)!.
Re: If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? by EvilBrain1(m): 10:47am On Jun 02, 2011
BABE!:

LoL--- Doctors get level o!  grin

@ Topic: I ain't going back. I'm just starting. I wanna be a Millionaire and a Gynecologist (OB/GYN)!.

I wanna be your gynaecologist.

Just kidding. You might want to reconsider. Ob/Gyn is a horrible, disgusting specialty, not for the weak of stomach. Plus no matter what they say, most women prefer male gynaecologists. It has to do with female rivalry or something, I don't know.

The only thing I like about Ob/Gyn is that you get to play with a lot of babies and small children. And who doesn't like babies?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Meet My 200 Million Naira Target By December? / First Photos From The All Nigerian Society Of Engineers General Meeting In Awka / Help!! Business Or School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.