Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) (81455 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / Biden Wins More Votes Than Any Candidate In US History, Breaks Obama's Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by blacknoir: 5:59am On Aug 18, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
You wonder why they are easily seduced by manequins and go about perpetuating violence and evil....
just look at how they destroyed Borno state with terrorism.... cheesy
Imagine getting turned on sexually by a manequin, lol.they are all hypocrites
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by miketayo(m): 6:24am On Aug 18, 2021
falseprophet:
Afghanistan is not in any chaos, the streets are safer now than when America were running things.

Taliban is already offering amnesty to saboteurs and it can only get better from here.

Don't let western media fool you into thinking "Afghanistan have fallen"

The streets are safer in a lawless country? Does that even make sense. It seems u haven't met an Afghani 1 on 1. Travel there den if u feel it's safer

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Oyinlomobambam(m): 6:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Jerryherd:

cool

Mutual feelings... Not expecting any political logical comment from a flat header whose ancestors down to him and ethnicity of 30 million humanoid can't produce a fvcking President in 50 years , vice in 35, senate President in 15 , Speaker in 35.... I mean they can't even gain independence from a fellow black African Nigeria to have a Biafra Nation

I guess eating akpu is the only feat they are meant to achieve

Chai...

Una go kill person ooo grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Greyworld: 6:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Faber:
We talk am here...make una no vote Sleepy Joe, na American Buhari be that... Americans no listen.

Na this man want confront Putin of Russia. Ordinary Taliban Militants pursue una comot. Na Putin Sleepy Joe want try...Putin go roast am very soon. If they born am well make him enter Crimea or any Russian waters in the Coast of Crimea.
Bros, Puttin should send Russian soldiers to Afghanistan. POTUS said he ain't comfortable with spending US tax payers money over Another country's domestic issues and it's a good enough point to pull out the troops.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by falseprophet: 6:41am On Aug 18, 2021
Sunmoluvic:

You have no idea what you're saying
How is the street safer. Do you even read the news. Go and read the new laws they created.
Imagine a law that forbid girls and women from going to school and doing other things, lol

You mean western news or propaganda?

It's called sharia, same law that rules Northern Nigeria.

Western civilization is not for everyone

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Krismas(m): 7:03am On Aug 18, 2021
IjeBos:

What US force did the Taliban defeat? What battle did the Taliban win? The US wasn't defeated. We did what we came there for and should have left a decade ago. We just left. And don't get too full of yourself, the Taliban drove up in US Humvees with US weapons, flying US helicopters they took when the Afghan army surrendered. Cleary they needed such equiptment.

And I'm ashamed for the Afghanistan. We gave them superior weapons and training and in the end they were either cowards or comfortable allowing their mothers/sisters/daughters to be raped and oppressed by the Taliban.
coolI see. Ask Gilani, the clown u Installed as Afghan president, he won’t agree wit ur WE DID WOT WE CAME TO DO brag. Ur regime change agenda was flushed down the drain with plenty American service men’s blood. Be deceiving urself and feeding fat on a diet of lies from western media. If u tell me though, dat ur mission was to steal money and line ur pockets with a significant portion of the trillion USD rumored to have been expended on the war, den I may agree wit u. Men like Biden and Obama wit Bush family made millions and are not complaining. As for weapons, which of those US helicopters did the Taliban use to DEFEAT the 250thousand US military men Obama sent to Afghanistan? U gave Afghan weapons? Was it for free? Are the Talibans no more Afghans? Is it not national property? U probably want to pack dem wit u, like u helped Gilani flee wit all the wealth of Afghanistan packed in a chopper which u intend to help him launder in ur banks. U be mumu
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by LikeAking: 7:09am On Aug 18, 2021
seyz91:
I tell you

Very apt and concise!

Nomatter what anyone says about him i don't give a shit, i've always had his back, supported him, still supporting and will continou to

His decision on U.S troops withdrawal didn't start from him as Trump already initiated the move, he only finished what was started so i see no reason why he should be criticized in anyway

But he was elected to correct the errros of Trump, not continue with Trumps errors.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 18, 2021
I always said Biden is a fugazy.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Mayeldah(m): 7:11am On Aug 18, 2021
Jerryherd:

cool

Mutual feelings... Not expecting any political logical comment from a flat header whose ancestors down to him and ethnicity of 30 million humanoid can't produce a fvcking President in 50 years , vice in 35, senate President in 15 , Speaker in 35.... I mean they can't even gain independence from a fellow black African Nigeria to have a Biafra Nation

Fool, you think life is all about acquiring political powers.

The Ibos are doing better economically than your godforsaken region on all facets!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by thunderbabs: 7:14am On Aug 18, 2021
What is wrong with Americans? I thought most of y'all wanted America out of wars. Biden got you out, yet you crucify him?

You wanted a grand ceremony signalling your exit from Afghanistan or what?
I don't get.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Akinpresident: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2021
Righteousness2:
Way back, we spoke on how America ( The Sleeping Giant) has become a shadow of itself.
I said here that America has become a bunch of Clown, heading for Destruction and on the edge of Oblivion.

The USA did not just become a world Power because they had the Dollar. It is GOD ALMIGHTY that makes Kings and Brings down kings. The POWERS that be are Ordained by GOD. GOD Blessed the USA and made her a Super Power.

The USA has over the years deviated from the laid down Godly Foundation of the Founding Fathers. The USA was built on Judaic Godly Principles but today it has become a Cesspool of Iniquity, Abominations, Lawlessness ,unGodliness and everything evil.

Trump who was seen as Unqualified and a Fornicator was GOD'S Mercy on the USA to turn them back to their root. I remember I kept vocing it here that Trump is a Mercy Period.

What is happening now to the USA is just a shadow of what is Coming. When GOD Invest in you and you mess up! Once your cup gets full , it is Disater and Destruction.

America today From its Leadership has turned its back on GOD.
GOD has also turned HIS back on her.

If GOD turned His First Born Isreal to a graveyard and drove them out of their land when they messed up, America aka Babylon the Great will not be Spared.

My Admonishment to all and sundry is this, in this Endtimes, there are Nations that are appointed for Destruction, so ensure you seek God's Face and Permission before you go on that trip, because GOD will only protect the Person he sends to a place.

America is not Babylon.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2021
Yusman316:

But u like bringing other religions into almost every comment u make. Charity begins at home, they say
Read and understand, it is Muslims against Muslims here

Those running are Muslims those ruling are muslims

1 Like

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2021
Jerryherd:

cool

I just witness a murder,your reply is perfect. All their bragging and chest beating,they still can not get independent from people they call cow or aboki.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by LordReed(m): 7:36am On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

You really do not understand the issue here. That the Afghan president fled his country is not the issue. That Afghan soliders and Afghan citizens couldn't defend their country against the Taliban is not the issue here. They can flee from the country and allow the Talibans take over, their cup of tea. The issue here is the Manner the US hurriedly pulled out it's troops from Afghanistan, emboldening the Taliban to capture more terrotries. Now, there are still Americans, and Aghans who helped the US who are still in Afghanistan. The hurried withdrawal has put their lives in danger. You saw how helicopter was used to evacuate occupants of the US embassy? The last time that happened was during the Vietnam war when the US came back embarrassed. Few days ago, Biden sent 1,000 troops back Afghanistan to secure the safe evacuation of Americans, allies, and some Afghans that helped the US. If this is not confusion, I don't know what It is.

It is a show of shame for the US. We are not even talking of America weapons that have fallen into the hands of the Taliban that will find their way into the hands of China and Russia. The pull out was shambolic, chaotic and embarrassing! I guess meeting the deadline for pull out was more important to Biden than ensuring the safe evacuation of persons and equipments.

I don't understand how you people are reasoning this thing. Were you expecting the Taliban to wait for the US to pull out first before making a move?
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by LofiLogic: 7:42am On Aug 18, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Best speech ever.... Blunt and straight forward

20 years ago, US sent Americans to Afghanistan for their own protection, thousands of Americans died, thousands more physical wounded, hundreds of thousands mentally traumatized, 1 trillion wasted in war expenses without any significant results or benefits to American taxpayers or Christian world

Joe Biden made it crystal clear, 20 years ago some American parents might have been sent to a pointless American mission in Afghanistan, in 2021 he is not willing to send more of the war veterans kids again to witness pointless war their parents witnessed

If you wish to join the Fight as a righteous Christian to defend Afghan Shi'ite, Sunni Muslim or orthodox Catholic, take a flight to Kabul

Joe Biden as a Father watched his son fight as a US Army Major from 2002 to 2015 in the Middle east till he died... That's personal sacrifice of a father

Jerryherd na stupidity you dey herd I swr
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by LofiLogic: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2021
falseprophet:
Afghanistan is not in any chaos, the streets are safer now than when America were running things.

Taliban is already offering amnesty to saboteurs and it can only get better from here.

Don't let western media fool you into thinking "Afghanistan have fallen"

So how u take know nah our afghan journalist
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Michaelpsych: 7:52am On Aug 18, 2021
I didn't see anything wrong with Biden speech,Afghanistan is a sovereign state,that gives them the right to defend themselves,they were not willing to defend themselves and u expected americans to continue dying for them.After all Christians can't continue cleaning up these muslims mess,allow them to run their things they say they want cuz they are all of the same religion and they understand themselves,and mind u no Islamic state has condemned wat is happening in Afghanistan,so y blaming America and Biden
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 18, 2021
IjeBos:

Lol. I think you are confused. "That Afghan soldiers and Afghan citizens couldn't defend their country against the Taliban" is the issue. If the Afghan soldiers could defend Kabul, then Taliban wouldn't have been there and all those images you saw wouldn't have happened. The US didn't plan on closing the embassy that soon, as they thought the Afghan army could stand up to the Taliban. So, there was a mad rush to close the embassy and evacuate everyone as the AFGHAN ARMY defected and let the Taliban take over the WHOLE country.

As to the weapons; most of them were already evacuated. The weapons the Taliban have are the ones they took from the Aghan army who defected (again, you see how that matters). Or do you think the US should have taken back the Guns, tanks and planes we gave them before we left. And China/Russia needs those weapons? lol. Jesus, get a clue.

And as to the helicopter. No, that wasn't the last time it was used.

Honestly, these aren't easy issues. Try to do more thinking and less talking. I'll post this again so you can get a better idea of what brought us here:
Trump made a deal with the Taliban (without the current Afghan government in the room), that by May 1st 2021 the US would leave. And the US wanted a cease fire until then. In return the Trump admin would release 5000 prisoners (one of them who is the Taliban Leader now). In the process Trump drew down the troops and all the supplies needed to maintain them from 14000 to 2500 which was finished the week before Biden was sworn in. He boxed Biden in and bragged about it. He effectively gave the country over to the Taliban. His own words.

https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1427325408148590597
"I started the process, All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. [The Biden administration] couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process."

So, on May 1st the Taliban was going to start a new offensive with the aid of the 5000 newly released prisoners. Biden had 2 choices, surge more troops in so he could have time to draw them down or pull everyone out (the same things the Generals told Obama more than 10 years ago); he didn't want to get again boxed in by the military to keep troops for another 10 years. He extended the deadline from May till Sept. He thought he would have 6 month then 90 days.. well until the Afghan army folded. Just to get an idea, Trump left 2500 troops there before he left, we have about 6000 troops there now just to offer protection for the evacuation. If Biden would have wanted to stay longer he would have needed to surge some people say another 100,000 troops to fight the Taliban.

I'm confused? Lol. Okay, let me do a quick recap. You said the Afghan president fled and the Afghan army disintegrated without fighting for their country. And I said those are not really the issues as it relates to this discussion. This whole debacle is as a result of the poor foresight of the US government (Trump and Biden, but since Biden is the current POTUS, the buck stops at his table, as the Americans will say).

Don't be deceived. There have always been reports that the Afghan military can't stand the Taliban. Infact, some reports indicated the Afghan military were arming the Talibans. For example, the US Congress created SIGAR – the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction since 2008 has continually released report on Afghanistan. There are several reports indicating that the Afghan military is not disciplined enough to withstand the Taliban advances. Only a government without foresight will put it's 100% hope on the Afghan military.

Actually, most of your write up is meaningless though. I have never said Trump has no part in this show of shame. All your write up about the timeline of events and Trump's role is quite meaningless.

During Biden's speech he blamed Trump (and everyone else). How come Biden followed through with Trump's plan and still you stand there to blame him? I'm not a fan of Trump, but please don't tell me he was boxed in because of the deal Trump made with the Taliban. If he was really boxed in, then he should have completed the withdrawal in May which was the agreement.

Biden is the C-in-C and just as he has rightly said, the buck stops at his table. Trump is no longer president.

This is what I think he should have done. With the Taliban continuing to attack Afghan forces and provinces in violation of the agreement they had with the Trump adm, he would have stopped the US military pull out (and even send more military to Afghan). No one would have blamed him because the Talibans were not keeping with their side of the bargain. With a strong military presence, evacuation of people and equipments would have been done more orderly and safely. Actually, what has compounded Biden's problems is what he has said with his mouth. He said helicopter will not be used to evacuate US embassy officials in Kabul as was done in Saigon. He said the Taliban can't overrun the country. He said the Afghan military can stand and fight. All of these turned out to be false. If all of these statements were because of assurances given to him by his intelligence officials, then we need to start scrutinizing all of his appointments.

The white house have admitted that "a fair amount of weapons have fallen into the hands of the Taliban". If you don't know that China has always bought US weapons from countries and groups for the purpose of studying American military technology, then you are not as knowledgeable as you are fronting!
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2021
LordReed:

I don't understand how you people are reasoning this thing. Were you expecting the Taliban to wait for the US to pull out first before making a move?

No! I was expecting that since the Taliban were continuing to attack Afghan forces and provinces in violation of the agreement they had with the Trump adm, Biden would have stopped the US military pull out (and even send more military to Afghan). No one would have blamed him because the Talibans were not keeping with their side of the bargain. With a strong military presence, evacuation of people and equipments would have been done more orderly and safely.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Thetruthshallse(m): 8:04am On Aug 18, 2021
Who appointed Americans and Britons as world policemen. They both should go Bleep themselves. We as Nigerians are still cleaning up the mess the British left us with, with their stupid almagamation.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 18, 2021
Krismas:
coolWho exactly do u tink d Taliban is? Space men? They are Afghans! So, wot do u mean Afghans cud not secure their country from Taliban? As for protracted pull out of troops or wotever u mean, its d same in the end. grin Do know that song by Linkin Park IN THE END, IT DOESNT REALLY M-A-T-T-E-R OH OH? All dat twenty yrs, how good was the US in securing civilians from the Taliban? Who has The Taliban attacked since it took control of the country? Why is there so much noise for NOTHING? Wot useless US equipment will fall into Taliban hands? Equipment dat cud not help the US escape defeat? Wot does Taliban need such equipment for? Wot does Russia and China need it for? If the Taliban beat US forces in their teeming numbers is it wen the US military is withdrawing small small that Taliban will become helpless? Listen to Joe Biden, THERE IS NEVER A BETTER TIME TO WITHDRAW. If they delayed the withdrawal till next year, it will still be bad.

Oga, understand an argument before you jump in. Someone else said he was disappointed with the way the Afghanistan president fled the country and the Afghan military fell. I replied by telling him that those are not the major issues. In America, there have always been reports indicating that the Taliban can over run the Afghan military. Infact, some reports indicated that the Afghanistan military were arming the Taliban. For Biden to put His hope that the Afghanistan military can stand to defend the country and that the Taliban can't take over run the whole of Afghanistan is funny. Americans are waiting to hear where he got those information/intelligence from.

This is what I think Biden should have done. With the Taliban continuing to attack Afghan forces and provinces in violation of the agreement they had with the Trump adm, he would have stopped the US military pull out (and even send more military to Afghan). No one would have blamed him because the Talibans were not keeping with their side of the bargain. With a strong military presence, evacuation of people and equipments would have been done more orderly and safely and finally the military pull out.

As for the the US military equipments falling into the Taliban hands, the fear is more of China and Russia (especially China) buying those equipment from the Taliban to study US military technology.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 18, 2021
ibuildstuff:

Do u know US has been pulling their troops out since the time of Obama, trump made it official.
You think Biden just woke up one morning and said everybody should come home. Biden didn't hurrily remove US troops as u are insinuating, they have been leaving gradually ever since.

Yes, I know. But with massive gain of territory by the Taliban and the continual defeat of the Afghan military, it would have been wise to halt more military pull out. This is what I think he should have done. With the Taliban continuing to attack Afghan forces and provinces in violation of the agreement they had with the Trump adm, Biden would have stopped the US military pull out (and even send more military to Afghan). No one would have blamed him because the Talibans were not keeping with their side of the bargain. With a strong military presence, evacuation of people and equipments would have been done more orderly and safely before the military finally leaves.

And his greatest undoing is the words he has spoken. He said Afghanistan military can stand and fight to defend their country. He said helicopters will not be used to evacuate US embassy officials in Kabul (as it happened in Vietnam). He said the Taliban can't overun the whole country. Al these have happened and Americans are wondering where he got all these intelligence from. Unfortunately, he is president and the buck stops at his table, even though he may have been given assurances by his officals.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Faber(m): 8:21am On Aug 18, 2021
Greyworld:

Bros, Puttin should send Russian soldiers to Afghanistan. POTUS said he ain't comfortable with spending US tax payers money over Another country's domestic issues and it's a good enough point to pull out the troops.

It's true. I just want to troll Democrats small.
Afghans no want fight for their Freedom even with the presence of Americans a rare opportunity others are looking for. Imagine if the Americans come down to Nigeria to fight the Jihadits...most of us will join the military sharp sharp cos we are now under the technical know how of the Americans.

But Afghans were hiding the Talibans and making mockery of the Americans. It serves them right.

What a coward race.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Unlettered: 8:21am On Aug 18, 2021
Jerryherd:

cool

F i n i s h h i m grin

They always thought they have the monopoly of nonsense qoutes. Nairaland unlike before have woke up northerners defending their region too. Nice one bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by LordReed(m): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

No! I was expecting that since the Taliban were continuing to attack Afghan forces and provinces in violation of the agreement they had with the Trump adm, Biden would have stopped the US military pull out (and even send more military to Afghan). No one would have blamed him because the Talibans were not keeping with their side of the bargain. With a strong military presence, evacuation of people and equipments would have been done more orderly and safely.

Trump's agreement with the Taliban did not cover Afghan Forces, it was a ceasefire between the US Forces and the Taliban. How then were the US Forces going to break the ceasefire and still ensure an orderly pullout? If they had broken the ceasefire how will they have been able to pullout at all?
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Krismas(m): 9:23am On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

Oga, understand an argument before you jump in. Someone else said he was disappointed with the way the Afghanistan president fled the country and the Afghan military fell. I replied by telling him that those are not the major issues. In America, there have always been reports indicating that the Taliban can over run the Afghan military. Infact, some reports indicated that the Afghanistan military were arming the Taliban. For Biden to put His hope that the Afghanistan military can stand to defend the country and that the Taliban can't take over run the whole of Afghanistan is funny. Americans are waiting to hear where he got those information/intelligence from.

This is what I think Biden should have done. With the Taliban continuing to attack Afghan forces and provinces in violation of the agreement they had with the Trump adm, he would have stopped the US military pull out (and even send more military to Afghan). No one would have blamed him because the Talibans were not keeping with their side of the bargain. With a strong military presence, evacuation of people and equipments would have been done more orderly and safely and finally the military pull out.

As for the the US military equipments falling into the Taliban hands, the fear is more of China and Russia (especially China) buying those equipment from the Taliban to study US military technology.
coolFirst, why do u tink there was a need for an AGREEMENT? grin Taliban did not initiate it Trump did. The obvious was America was losing on all its said military objectives. I happened to have watched a live battle scene in Afghanistan on Press TV. They were killing American troops so cheaply. U wudnt see dat on CNN. So, the Taliban need not keep their side of any agreement they didn’t initiate. And no amount of American soldiers wud have mattered. U are the one yet to understand the real truth about the Afghan war, not I. And by the way, China does not need to buy any equipment b4 they understand its functionalities. U free to join the west in castigating Chinese technology as stolen or under par.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Cyoung4real(m): 10:08am On Aug 18, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
If anybody that disagrees with your bunkum opinions and islamic terrorism ideologies becomes an "IPOB miscreant" then i must comend you with a guiness award in stupidity..... cheesy

What a comeback. cool cool grin grin
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 10:13am On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

Yes, I know. But with massive gain of territory by the Taliban and the continual defeat of the Afghan military, it would have been wise to halt more military pull out. This is what I think he should have done. With the Taliban continuing to attack Afghan forces and provinces in violation of the agreement they had with the Trump adm, Biden would have stopped the US military pull out (and even send more military to Afghan). No one would have blamed him because the Talibans were not keeping with their side of the bargain. With a strong military presence, evacuation of people and equipments would have been done more orderly and safely before the military finally leaves.

And his greatest undoing is the words he has spoken. He said Afghanistan military can stand and fight to defend their country. He said helicopters will not be used to evacuate US embassy officials in Kabul (as it happened in Vietnam). He said the Taliban can't overun the whole country. Al these have happened and Americans are wondering where he got all these intelligence from. Unfortunately, he is president and the buck stops at his table, even though he may have been given assurances by his officals.
He did that, when he came in he met 2500 troops left in Afghanistan and sent in another 6000 troops.
Truth is Biden is not willing to continue this fight, remember he lost his son to this Afghanistan war.

I think this is the best he could do.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Greyworld: 11:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Faber:

It's true. I just want to troll Democrats small.
Afghans no want fight for their Freedom even with the presence of Americans a rare opportunity others are looking for. Imagine if the Americans come down to Nigeria to fight the Jihadits...most of us will join the military sharp sharp cos we are now under the technical know how of the Americans.

But Afghans were hiding the Talibans and making mockery of the Americans. It serves them right.

What a coward race.
God bless you my brother. 20 years of helping them the men are still running away from their country. What a shame. I just pity the sons those spineless creatures fathered. Cowards indeed.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
ibuildstuff:

He did that, when he came in he met 2500 troops left in Afghanistan and sent in another 6000 troops.
Truth is Biden is not willing to continue this fight, remember he lost his son to this Afghanistan war.

I think this is the best he could do.
He met 2500 troops and continued with the withdrawal of more troops. It was when the situation was getting out of hand he had to send in more troops into Afghanistan for reinforcements and safe evacuation.

I agree with you. Biden is not willing to continue to fight in Afghanistan. It makes sense though. And I feel Trump (consciously or unconsciously) set a banana peel for Biden
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2021
Meninmen:

He met 2500 troops and continued with the withdrawal of more troops. It was when the situation was getting out of hand he had to send in more troops into Afghanistan for reinforcements and safe evacuation.

I agree with you. Biden is not willing to continue to fight in Afghanistan. It makes sense though. And I feel Trump (consciously or unconsciously) set a banana peel for Biden
Ya, trump wanted to take that glory of ending the war.
Re: Biden’s Taliban Speech Branded ‘one Of The Most Shameful In US History’(Pix) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
Krismas:
coolFirst, why do u tink there was a need for an AGREEMENT? grin Taliban did not initiate it Trump did. The obvious was America was losing on all its said military objectives. I happened to have watched a live battle scene in Afghanistan on Press TV. They were killing American troops so cheaply. U wudnt see dat on CNN. So, the Taliban need not keep their side of any agreement they didn’t initiate. And no amount of American soldiers wud have mattered. U are the one yet to understand the real truth about the Afghan war, not I. And by the way, China does not need to buy any equipment b4 they understand its functionalities. U free to join the west in castigating Chinese technology as stolen or under par.

What were the objectives of the US when they entered Afghanistan? It was simply to defeat Al-Qaeda and prevent attack on US soil from these countries they invaded after 9/11 and they have met that objective. Throughout the years they were in Afghanistan, Al-Qaeda was seriously degraded and no known attack my Jihadists on US soil. America were already tired of the war. They were already having war fatigue. For 20 years? They have tried. They need to come home (only the manner of the pull out that is not too pleasant).

So because you didn't initiate an agreement, you are not obliged to keep an agreement you signed with your own hands? Funny human being. This is the reason some Americans are after Biden. Since they were not keeping to their own side of a signed agreement, you have every justifiable right to attack them with whatever you have. But now, it seems the Taliban pursued the US out of Afghanistan (even if the US had planned to leave initially). This is a PR Victory for the Taliban and Countries like Iran who want the US to leave the entire middle East.

As for China, go read how and why their steatlh fighter jets have close resemblance to that of the US. There are documented cases of China stealing or attempting to steal US military technology. Go educate yourself on that!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Iran Hackers Hack Into American Government’s Website / Afghan Stowaways Fall To Death After Clinging To Plane (Pics, Video) / Namibia Is One Of The World's Emptiest Countries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.